B&W Research Thread

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
According to Bulbapedia, Mischievous Heart gives +1 priority to switches. Is this true? If so, how does it interact with Pursuit?

breh

強いだね
I have in game tests that contradict the current statements.
"
Confirmed Trickery substitutes the target's Attack stat (including regular stat boost) instead of the user's in the damage formula. Does not get an Attack boost from items the target is holding, but if the user is holding an Attack-boosting item such as Choice Band, or has the damage-halving effect of Burn, this is factored into the damage. (MINSC, Team Rocket Elite, #2)
Using Legit-Hacked Level 100 Sableye
Used Trickery on level 50 wild Fearow.
Almost One hit KO'd
Next level 50 wild Fearow
Used Will-O-The-Wisp
One hit KO'd given the earlier turns burn damage.
This implies that using trickery on a burned Pokemon does the same damage, although it isn't one hundred percent conclusive. I have done the same thing in the battle tower before and not done half damage however.
If somebody else wants to confirm that would be fantastic.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I have in game tests that contradict the current statements.
"

Using Legit-Hacked Level 100 Sableye
Used Trickery on level 50 wild Fearow.
Almost One hit KO'd
Next level 50 wild Fearow
Used Will-O-The-Wisp
One hit KO'd given the earlier turns burn damage.
This implies that using trickery on a burned Pokemon does the same damage, although it isn't one hundred percent conclusive. I have done the same thing in the battle tower before and not done half damage however.
If somebody else wants to confirm that would be fantastic.
The OP mentions a burn on the user of the move, not on the target.

I just want to know one thing. Can you transfer Pokemon that learn moves through TMs in any game before BW like Roost and Stealth Rock that no longer have those moves available to them in BW.

Yes. HM moves can't be transferred, but everything else can be.
Can pokemon with Whirlpool be transferred from DPP and pokemon with Defog be transferred from HGSS? I assume so because the most logical reason you can't transfer is because it may leave you in a situation so you can't win, but no such situation can be created by taking a pokemon with Whirlpool from DPP or a pokemon with Defog from HGSS because the moves aren't necessary to progress or they would be HMs.

breh

強いだね
Can pokemon with Whirlpool be transferred from DPP and pokemon with Defog be transferred from HGSS? I assume so because the most logical reason you can't transfer is because it may leave you in a situation so you can't win, but no such situation can be created by taking a pokemon with Whirlpool from DPP or a pokemon with Defog from HGSS because the moves aren't necessary to progress or they would be HMs.
Well technically nothing learns defog naturally iirc but I get your point.

I'm fairly sure that... Whirlpool Finneon or something like that will have no trouble being transferred.

Also think about it. If some little kid wants to transfer pokemon and suddenly his DS tells him, "your pokemon has an HM move", he will be confused. And yell and scream and tell all of his friends, "pokemon is such a dumb game, I can't even transfer them!"

And Gamefreak doesn't want customer dissatisfaction so they go with the most obvious way.

breh

強いだね
I apologize for double posting buuut:

Does this still happen in gen 5? (watch where Ho-oh cannot use sacred fire)

I.E, what happens when an imprisoned pokemon is transformed into?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Correct. It only checks if it has HM moves in that game. The entire purpose of it, I'm pretty sure, is so you can't transfer your only Surf user while you're in the middle of the ocean or something like that.

Although that does bring up something I never thought about before. Can you replace Defog/Whirlpool (in the appropriate game) with a level-up/TM move without going to the Move Deleter?

About my previous post on abilities:
Oops.

Since we now know how abilities are calculated in the 5th generation, we confirmed that abilities of gen 3/4 mons will not change when evolved in gen5. This is because they still have the gen 3/4 version locality hex that tells the game to use the previous calculation.

tl;dr abilities calculated for DPPtHGSS Pokemon will not change if evolved in gen 5.
So let me get this straight- my Shellder with Skill Link will definitely keep Skill Link when I evolve it in Black?

Are Zoroark and Zorua immune to Skill Swap, Befriend, Worry Seed and Simple Beam? If not, does the illusion break immediately after losing the ability? And I'm pretty sure Trace fails against Illusion, but what do Role Play and Skill Swap do if they work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)