Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

150 or 155 (Forgot) streak with a sandstorm team in super doubles.

Excadrill
Not going into detail. Standard moves, Ev's, Perfect Iv's, and Adamant. The only thing unique is that I used sand force to abuse the sand.

Landorus
Again standard set of everything and ev's jolly natured. Uniqueness comes from Explosion and Sandstorm instead of having a protect or/ and hammer arm. Only sandstorm poke currently (No time to get tyranitar.)

Garchomp
Regular adamant, Ev's, SE + Earthquake + Swords Dance + Dragon Claw = Win.

Salamance
Nothign to do with snad just for lols. Dragon dance + Earthquake/ Rockslide + Outrage is a fun time.

The only reason I lost is a fough: Weavile, Mamoswine, Lapras, and Abomasnow. How the heck do I win? Ice Shard hurt untill salamance weekend Weaviles than Blizzard OHKO all.

I reached a streak of 108 in Super Singles using a simple team i threw together. I don't know how to post a pic, because i don't know where to confirm the streak xD. Will post if someone can tell me where it is.

Anywho, here's my team i used:

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature / Inner Focus
31/31/27/x/28/31
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Moves:
Swords Dance
Extremespeed
Close Combat
Crunch

The Set-up Powerhouse of the team. He leads off the matches, and depending on who I'm facing, I use certain moves to get the greater advantage. If the opponent isn't bulky or fast, I use close combat for the immediate kill. If the opponent is bulky, not fast, and doesn't carry a priority, I use Swords Dance. If the opponent has Focus Sash/Sturdy, i use Close Combat+Extremespeed. There are exceptions, but this is generally the case. Lucario is used over other fighting types for his steel typing, which gives a surprising amount of switch-in opportunities for...

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature / Levitate
31/31/25/31/31/31
4HP/252Sp.A/252Spe
Moves:
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Surf
Flamethrower

Hydreigon can be summed in use of my team in one word: Insurance. I Use Hydra for his diverse movepool, Dragon Typing, and nice Dark STAB. I try and limit my uses of DMeteor, for reasons I'll post after the team. His Dragon Typing pairs well with Lucario's steel, switching in to ground and fire moves with impunity. And to round off my team (and ensure Stallers don't beat me)...

Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold Nature / Marvel Scale
31/x/29/30/31/8
252HP/216Def/40Sp.D
Moves:
Scald
Toxic
Ice Beam
Recover

Ahh, before I tried Milotic, i thought using a wall in the Battle Subway was stupid. After, though, he turned out to be the most useful member. I run Scald over Surf for the Steels and poisons that are immune to toxic. Ice Beam is to take down pokemon faster that resist scald. Recover is obvious, it's there to increase longevity and aloow me to burn/toxic stall.

How I lost: Draco Meteor's 90% accuracy shows at many crucial points in runs, but this was the worst, since i could have avoided it. The match started off against a Togekiss, whom my Luke hates facing due to TWave. I switch to milotic, who does in fact get Thunder Waved. I use Toxic to start whittling it down.Afterwards, though, Togekiss gets 4 flinches in a row with Air Slash. I don't want to get milotic too weak in case i need her later, so i pull out Hydreigon, who gets in rather nicely. This normally wouldn't matter, he has a decent special bulk, but then Draco Meteor misses. At this point, I'm mad, as damage calcs show that Dark Pulse was suffice for killing, but instead, Kiss uses TWave. I use DMeteor again to kill Kiss, then Jolteon comes in. I was in the car on a trip to Kentucky, and i had never faced a Jolteon in the Subway before, so i assumed i could switch to milotic, take the coverage hit, and then switch back to Luke to set up and sweep...the coverage move was Signal beam. Milotic comes in, to die to Thunder afterwards. I send in Lucario, use swords dance as thunder hits hard, and i get paralulz. I think that a +2 Extremespeed can OHKO Jolt, but just to be shown, Parahax sets in as thunder delivers the killing blow. Hydreigon, ready to kill, comes in again, and i select DMeteor. It misses yet again, and Signal beam KOs my Hydra.

And that is how i lost my 109th battle. I've tried more runs after this one, but each time i am forced to use DMeteor to have a chance of winning, just to miss.

EDIT: Here's the image proof:
Sorry for the crappy quality, only have my comp's built in webcam, and they're never the best.

So I took a few rides on the Singel Subway. First I worked around my previous Darmanitan/Suicune/Haxorus team and tried a lot of new members which didn´t worked out for me... (Darmanitan/Starmie/Ferrothorn; Hydreigon/Suicune/Scizor; Darmanitan/Starmie/Scizor; to name a few)
Finally I came up with something that worked and brought me to a nice 159 streak.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
Sheer Force
252 Att 252 Spe
Lvl 50 stats: 171-210-66-35-63-139
Flare Blitz
Superpower
Rock Slide
U-turn

With great attack and nice scarfed speed it OHKO´s everthing that doesn´t resist a STAB-boosted,Sheer Force Flare Blitz and even some that does. The basic strategie is to go for a straight kill if possible and U-Turn out if not. (Sometimes U-turn out for the kill :D )

Suicune @ Leftovers
Relaxed
Pressure
252 Hp 252 SpA
Lvl 50 stats: 205-95-144-142-120-94
Scald
Icebeam
Calm Mind
Rest

It takes the attack aimed at Darmanitan (usually Surf/Waterfall or Earthquake) and starts boosting. Scald is such a great move to take the danger out of physical attacks,while boosting on the special side.

Scizor@ Life Orb
Brave
Technician
252 HP, 252 Att
Lvl 50 stats: 177-200-115-60-95-73
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Superpower
Sword Dance

The standart dancing Scizor set. I love it and it works really well. Priority is a great feature and can take out the few things that survive Darmanitans power.

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/hnjq-5-jpg.html

I lost to a Lanturn/Electrode/Lucario team -.-

Turn 1: Darmanitan vs Lanturn
U-turn out, 40% dmg, Suicune in
Surf for a little bit dmg

Turn 2-4: Mindless Scald spam vs. Thundewave and Discharge

Turn5: Scizor in, Lanturn Surf, Bug Bite for the kill
Scizor 76/177 Hp left

Turn 6: Electrode in, Bullet punch does 35% or so, Static activates
Thunder for the kill

Turn 7: Electrode Light Screen, Flare Blitz for the kill, Static activates again

Turn 8: Lucario in, Close Combat --> Game Over

Sheer Force works on Flare Blitz because of the burn-chance, it also works on Rock Slide because of flinch-chance.
But it does not work on Superpower& U-Turn.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Congrats XYZ

Does Sheer Force boost Flare Blitz? I thought it only worked on things that have a positive secondary effect.
Flare Blitz has that 10% chance to burn, which is why it is boosted by Sheer Force (and why Darmanitan is such a force).

XYZ, you might consider EQ over Superpower if you try any future runs, as it is very useful in the subway and could have saved you here. Excellent record!

EDIT: Double ninja'd...?

EQ is actually a really good idea, maybe there will be other problems without Superpower but 98% I use Flare Blitz/ U-Turn anyway. I´ll try this on my next run. Thanks Shroomisaur.

my streak in super doubles ended at 63 (see my previuos post for my team) with a legendary trainer...got a damn cresselia who substitutued and vanished my garchomp last outrage before confusing, and hit himself next turn... i still think that a scarfed staraptor and yatched chomp is an amazing starting couple, but i clearly need something else for the last two...

Need suggestions:

Currently running this team for doubles:

Tyranitar (M) @ Air Balloon
Adamant
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed

- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

This whole post is about this guy, actually. It got no Stone Edge (Accuracy sucks), neither does it have Rock Slide. First off, Rock Slide is so weak, it hurts. It only hits 9 out of 10 teams, meaning it hits every third time in Battle Haxway - and since the AI is seemingly programmed to counter just Tyranitar, I face LOTS of Steels and Fighters (including Bronzong, that damn Screener.) Scizors, Forretress and Skarmorys pop up regularly, too, but none of them can live my back row.
If I survive the first two turns, it drags at least one opponent with him, which is barely sufficient, though. Also, it dies. So. Easily. A lot. I need a replacement, probably, because... well, it just doesn't drag it's own weight. The balloon is popped so easily I rarely dare to EQ with Chomp unless I protect.

Additionally, Sandstorm hurts 2 teammates, but that's not much of an issue as they are frail anyway and none of them gets to hold a Focus Sash.

Garchomp (M) @ Lum Berry
Jolly
104 HP/252 Attack/152 Speed

- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Easily MVP most of the time. If I predict correctly on the first turn, I can either safely SD, Protect or outright KO dangerous stuff. Not much to talk about here, except the odd EV spread probably. This Chomp was at first designed to be a Scarfchomp and the given EVs allow it to outspeed Garchomp 3 and severely hurt it with either Draco Meteor or KO with Outrage if I'm lucky. Haven't encountered it yet, though.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed

- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

No Fake Out is meh, but not that hasn't bothered me until now. In my experience, Infernape often ends up paralazed - Mach Punch comes in handy in these situations - and against Aqua Jet Impoleons of course. I get the necessary coverage with Close Combat and Flare Blitz. And since, as I have already mentioned, I face A LOT of Steels and Fighters, Infernape is guarenteed at least two kills if my front row is decimated early.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Modest
4 HP/252 Special Attack/252 Speed

- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

My revenge killer of choice. No Surf because Scald hits harder in doubles. Also, no water resists on my team. Yes, I'm incredibly weak to water types, but the only ones I face regularly until now were Vaporeon, Walrein and Lapras. Two of them easily taken care of by Infernape/Tyranitar. And Vaporeon is a pain, but usually doesn't get past Starmie if it comes down to it. Even though it isn't timid, I outspeed most of the things I want to outspeed and I need the extra power.

So, i'd be glad if someone could help me replace Tyranitar here.
I thought of Staraptor, but I don't have access to Reckless atm, so I probably won't hit hard enough. Also speed tier sucks.
Archeops? Deafeatist is meh.
Moltres? Speed tier not that good. Also I don't RNG, so the best Moltres I got atm has neutral nature and 20 - 21 / 15 - 16 / 5 - 6 / 10 - 11 / 15 - 16 / 27 - 28 IVs... Though if someone convinces me of Moltres's usuability I might bother getting a good one in my new Platinum run.
Ambipom? Togekiss? Salamence? Machamp? Skarmory?

I do take other suggestions, particularly for better revenge killers, too. :D

Thanks in advance. :D

In Gen IV I used a Zapdos/Garchomp lead in doubles. The Discharge/EQ combo is nice but the problem with Zapdos is the poor coverage without HP:Ice/Grass. So my suggestion is:

Zapdos
@ Life Orb, but Infernape already carries it
Modest/Timid
252 SpA, 252 Spe
Discharge
Heatwave
HP:Ice/Grass
Thunderbolt/Roost/Protect/whatever

Resists Fighting and kills the steels you face, and also takes care of the Water types you mentioned. With Starmie and Infernape as back up the Iceweakness isn´t a problem.

Currently cought one myself but haven´t tried it in my team.

Need suggestions:
Here's what I would think about.

If you keep your Tyranitar, replace Brick Break. I know you don't like Rock Slide, but I would give it a second thought. It gets STAB and it hits both opponents. Also, if your Balloon gets popped all the time anyway then either replace it or give Tyranitar a partner that attacks right away while he sets up instead of two pokemon setting up at the same time. Any quick OHKOs would help Tyranitar not get his balloon popped. And I see you want Dragon Dance, which is fine, but you might want to consider a +speed nature so you can give him a little more HP EVs so he can take another hit or two while he sets up, since this is doubles and I think it's good to have your pokemon a little bulkier in doubles. Also, fighting types are a problem for Tyranitar. So another suggestion would be to have a partner that can wipe out those threats right away so like a flying type or a psychic type. If you want immune to sandstorm then there's Sigilyph, Reuniclus, Gliscor, Mandibuzz, then also Alakazam (with Magic Guard).

My Tyranitar:
Naive, with Crunch RockSlide Earthquake Blizzard. With Life Orb.
EVs - 42HP/252Atk/216Spd
He depends on his partner Gliscor's Tailwind for speed, so he doesn't have DD. But normally I would have DD over Blizzard and a Jolly nature.

Also this (D/P) guide to double battles might be helpful. Just a thought.

Also, Better revenge killer? I think your Starmie would work with Surf for if you have to revenge kill both opponents at once. And it would be totally fine because the rest of your team has protect anyway so they won't get destroyed by Surf.

@Mr. XYZ: Thanks for the help, will try the Zapdos set as soon as I get my hands on a good Zapdos. You think Thunderus might work as well? Or - as a very cheap replacement for the time being - Rotom-H or even Rotom-M? Rotom-H would give me an additional water weakness, but could hit does damn Steel types right off the bat, whereas Rotom-M barely gives me better coverage but would allow me to get rid of those Swamperts and Gastrodons - which surely wouldn't pop up anymore if I lead with a Grass type, though. Same for Fire and Steels too, though. But the Ai will be packed with water types - resulting in more Ice Beams available to destroy my Garchomp.

@Stormorbiter:
Thing is, I don't want to build my team around Tyranitar, so I'd rather replace him rather than replacing anyone else.
I rarely DD, I have to admit that. I only DD if I'm 100% sure there's no Fighting move opposing me or if I can safely assume all attacks are directed to Garchomp. And vice versa of course.
And don't forget we're talking about Battle Subway here, so the foe's team is built to destroy you. I never faced two Pokemon at the same time that would both take at least neutral damage from a Rock Slide. On the other hand, the AI doesn't think about Brick Break, so I can get rid of Steels.

I thought of adding voth Reuniclus and Gliscor to the team at early stages, but it was hard to find a spot for either of them. Garchomp and Gliscor on the same team is meh - but Garchomp is superior here. Reuniclus would be a bliss against most fighters, but Starmie, while not being even comparable to Reuniclus, can revenge kill and gets stab Psychic too. And the Water and Ice resists are nice too.

Also, concerning your Tyranitar: Isn't Blizzard's accuarcy a bit too shaky for battle subway? Also I'd rather run Flamethrower for a Special move. Not remotely as strong, but accurate and kills Steels.

Will try Surf on Starmie for a while though. I'm only worried about it being choiced and all. And I can't protect for two turns in a row.

Also, concerning your Tyranitar: Isn't Blizzard's accuarcy a bit too shaky for battle subway? Also I'd rather run Flamethrower for a Special move. Not remotely as strong, but accurate and kills Steels.
I rarely use Blizzard. Usually only against teams where both are weak to Blizzard and it usually hits at least one of the two for major damage, so it all works out.
For steels, that's what Earthquake is for.

Had what was definitely my best run in B/W.

Salamence @ lum berry
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Substitute

Suicune @ leftovers
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest

Snorlax @ chesto berry
-Curse
-Body Slam
-Crunch
-Rest

The team played pretty much like this. Lead with Salamence. If the enemy sends out something that Salamecne doesn't fear (like Flareon), use Sub and hope for a status move. Then hopefully, DDance and the sweep will be imminent. If the opponent sent out a physical attacker, switch to Suicune and the intimidate + pressure + rest will stall out the pp for the 1 or 2 moves that actually hurt Cune. If they are going to use a physical grass or electric attack, then switch back to Mence for another intimidate and then start over. If it's a special threat, switch for Snorlax. Get a curse or 2 in, chesto rest off the damage and start the sweep.

My end came against Scientist Stubbs. His Druddigon beat Suicune w/ CB Outrage and then Medicham cleaned up with Life Orb and Psycho Cut on Salamence & HJK on Snorlax.

I hit about 90 with Uxie/Gorebyss/Dragonite, which is a mod of the team Lee and I made for Diamond (Uxie/Charizard/Kingrda).

I wanna post the pics of the record, I can't find how to check it. Can someone help?

I hit about 90 with Uxie/Gorebyss/Dragonite, which is a mod of the team Lee and I made for Diamond (Uxie/Charizard/Kingrda).

I wanna post the pics of the record, I can't find how to check it. Can someone help?
Go to V.S. Recorder, then click Battle Subway, then the Record you want to view.

87 was my record with Uxie/Gorebyss/Dragonite

I woulda had more but I fucked up at 3AM and used fire punch on regice instead of outrage and the fucker happened to have lefties so gorebyss couldn't finish it. He beat me with like 1HP :(

Edit: if you add it to the list, it's Lee and Morm. It's our team, we worked on it together I just did this particular run.

Super Doubles Train
Winstreak: 96.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Adamant (+Atk / -Sp.Atk) / Sand Veil
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed

- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
Modest (+Sp.Atk / -Atk) / Pressure
6 Sp.Def / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed

- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant (+Atk / -Sp.Atk) / Sand Rush
252 Atk / 44 Def / 40 Sp.Def / 176 Speed

- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break
- Earthquake

Tyranitar @ Air Balloon
Adamant (+Atk / -Sp.Atk) / Sandstream
172 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Sp.Def / 76 Speed

- Crunch
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

I lost against a Quick Claw Donphan who KO'd Excadrill. Tyranitar couldn't kill it unfortunately.. Will update this more when I have a higher streak.

I was mainly just frantically trying to get BPs to get the items/etc. needed for my VGC team for Seattle regional (which I did horribly at since I didn't end up having enough time for building said team), since I had barely any time to play B/W beforehand.

I just used my "blue" team of Latios + Suicune + Metagross (listed here which got me to 222 streak in DPPt/HGSS), and so far got to a streak of 70 in Super Single Subway.

Nothing impressive, but at least the team still works decently enough. I don't expect to get near 222 with this team for B/W though. O yeah, Metagross holding Steel Gem instead of Lum berry (that the one in DPPt/HGSS held). The nerfed power of Explosion for Metagross really made this team a lot less powerful. I'll see how far I get!

EDIT: Lost at 85 to a rain team that pretty much swept with Kingdra. I think Kingdra was at something like +4 before its waterfall could break Suicune's sub.. but suicune got flinched twice in a row and 3rd one KO'd it. eh... that's how things are.

There is nothing special for 400 or 500 wins, and the platform at 300 wins just had an ace trainer who said 'We both won 300 battles....' or something like that. Really kinda lame.

Oh right.

Battle Subway Doubles
Streak: 504
Team: Infernape, Latios, Hydreigon, Metagross

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Hasty 6/252/0/0/0252
Blaze
-Fake Out
-U-turn
-Close Combat
-Overheat

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid 6/0/0/252/0/252
Levitate
-Dragon Pulse
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Draco Meteor

HydreigonLife Orb
Modest 0/0/0/252/6/252
Levitate
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Hidden Power

Metagross @ Air Balloon
Adamant 76/252/0/0/0/180
Clear Body
-Iron Head
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch

Basically same as before. I had a lot of trouble with the third slot and moveset. Was never really happy with Hydra and tried Salamence and Gyarados (need water/ground resists for Infernape U-Turn) for a while. After a few failed attempts, went back to Hydra. Fire is really important as an attacking type and Trick Room kept killing me. Trick Room users are Psychics and Ghosts, which meant breeding on Dark Pulse. While I was breeding, I ended up with HP Grass, which is useful for the 5 bulky Ground/Water types. Protect is probably better but I like having 16 attacks. Eh. Dark Pulse is needed but the last slot can probably be any of HP Grass/Protect/Draco Meteor/Hyper Voice. Added fighting and bug weaknesses are annoying but manageable. I still kinda miss the bug/fighting resists though....

Threat list for this sort of goodstuff team in order of importance.
Trick Room
Hail/Sandstorm
Leads faster than Latios/Ape
Misses/Quick Claw/Brightpowder

Usually takes at least two of the above to make the battle dangerous.

Bad leads: Scarf users (258 - Manectric 4 250 - Entei 3 240 - Terrakion 2 231 - Garchomp 3 229 - Landorus 2 228 - Staraptor 2 228 - Typhlosion 3 225 - Pinsir 4 (hate hate hate) 211 - Heatran 4 201 - Skarmory 3 211 - Charizard 3 181 - Mr. Mime 1 181 - Rampardos 3)
Accelgor, Electrode, Aerodactyl, Crobat, Jolteon, Weavile, Alakazam, Dugtrio, Sceptile, Zebstrika, Ambipom, Floatzel, Raikou, Starmie, Thundurus, Tornadus, Archeops, Espeon, Froslass, Gengar, Latios, Tarous, Durant, Musketeers, Infernape

Other major annoyances: Flung Iron Balls OHKO Latios and make things much harder. Sucker Punch from Absol and Spiritomb also suck.

Doubles is a lot more fun than singles. DrDimentio and anyone else who is tired of singles, give doubles a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)