[Beginner] Brawl Mafia - Game over! Rejects and smashlloyd20 win!

Ok ladies and gentlemen (and snype), I will now explain why the aforementioned Snype is highly likely to be a mafia (probably from the Rejects).

First I will start with my role PM since if I were you, I'd assume that to be the most important thing to see.
Lady undisputed and gentlemen, I would like to reveal my role PM:

I understand that it sounds very sketchy, but to prove my innocence, I would like to request the fact that I asked to be inspected N0. Multiple people have already claimed to me, including some important roles instrumental to the village's success. I would like everyone to send in their claims to me and their N0 result PM. Failure to do so shall put you on my suspect list, and thus, may be voted Uber.

In the time being, I would like to request that everyone no lynch to prevent a stealth from anyone until enough time has passed for information to be sent to me.
You've already seen his role PM earlier, but I'm not going to bash on anything technical about it since that doesn't convince anyone.

1. Now, the first thing that pops out is the "oh it sounds very sketchy blah blah blah." What villager needs to say that? A confident villager would not have to post that it sounds sketchy or could even be moderately unbelievable. Do you all want to know why? Because there is at least one hooker role and probably three. The village usually has one, and then the mafias may or may not have one (probably do). The reason he couldn't claim night 0 was that he was not absolutely sure that the hooker would not hook his safeguard and that would get to be an ugly mess. He had to wait until Day 1 to know that his hooker successfully completed his job.
  2. The second funny thing about this is the fact that he cites "wanting to be cleaned night 0" as his evidence for being 'clean'. Ladies and gentlemen: I sense bull shit. No where does his post mention for the "inspector to confirm he's clean" as if he already knows the inspector couldn't have reached his role. Back to point 1: if he were village, he would've mentioned that the inspect should confirm his cleanness, instead of going straight for the "I asked you to do it so that automatically confirms I'm clean."
  3. He then ends with a threat and ultimatum, which means he probably doesn't care if you claim or not (mafia???)
I, being the only player to recognize these oddities, go challenge Snype on IRC and proceed to have the conversation he took a small portion of in his "lynch undisputed" post. I started off just prodding him and making accusations, and he got really defensive. I'd rather not post the log (since I don't know if snype wants any info in there released like personal stuff) but he got very defensive very quickly. I then started making wild claims like "I know the inspector" (which is actually true) but most of the other stuff is almost all lie. Some of it's true to an extent, but not all true, so whatever. I lied about the part where I said "the inspector gave me my role" mainly trying to bait him into thinking I know more than he does (which is also true). Here is another snip from the convo that is kind of shifty:

<undisputed> im taking you out with me
<undisputed> if you try to lynch me
<undisputed> so please
<undisputed> try it
<undisputed> i dare you
<undisputed> we can work something out
<undisputed> reject
<undisputed> what say you?
<undisputed> still waiting...................................................................
* StevenSnype has quit (Quit: )
Snype immediately leaves after I call him out for being a reject. He continues to be active on the forums which is unusual for him (he's on irc a lot). Naturally I pursue the issue. I sent him this PM on the forums (which is just hilarious):
confirming it was a lynch redirect attempt/LPV by making votes count on him to become 0. I highly do not advise anyone to talk to undisputed now. I still expect claims to come to me.

Power Suit flavor proven. Since I have also proven myself and my role, I expect everyone to send in roles to me. Failure to do so shall make you a high suspect and another candidate to be lynched. BG Prot All Claim. Forward all Night results along with your claims too. There is already a villager with sheet access who has instruction on what to do.
He's really afraid now. Also, he continues his aggressive behavior unfitting to a village leader (who generally is pretty lax with "confirmed mafias" defending themselves) and he decides to threaten everyone with another ultimatum and seemingly no other choice.

In addition, "flavor proving" is completely untrustworthy. Why would you rely on "flavor proving" when the flavor should speak for itself? Maybe to silence any doubt he doesn't want surfacing? If I had to guess, that would be my guess.

Now that concludes my section as to why Snype is the real mafia here, not me. I will now address why I believe Galladiator and Xaqwais to be mafias respectively.

First and foremost, Galladiator
made one of the most retarded moves in any mafia game I've seen or be a part of. For those of you not familiar, he claimed that he was "Mr. Game & Watch" and that he was a "One time Vigilante," which took several hours to be edited otherwise. What does this likely tell me?

1. Galladiator is not very smart. I don't know how he's got 700+ posts if they are all of that quality, so I'm gonna say that he's not retarded.
  2. More likely, he's on Snype's team and thinks he can prove himself by publicly claiming. Snype was active during this period (I saw him talking on IRC), and if I were the legitimate leader, that post would've been edited so incredibly quickly you couldn't say my username.
  3. Also, a player that will not go by name, PMs me with info that he was "hooked with 8 bit flavor" which sounds a lot like Mr. Game & Watch (who, let's be honest, no one uses in game and would make a great reject)
Second Xaqwais:

1. I learned through a reliable source that his role involves stealing other people's roles.
  2. I have also learned directly from Snype that his claim is "Role Checker" which is quite fishy when you put those two together.
The reason to believe Xaqwais is on the same team as Snype is that my role could have been easily stolen and used in some form for Snype today. I don't know if this is true, and here I'm making a guess on limited information, but it's ironic that all three facts I know about Xaqwais point strongly to mafia (specifically correlated to Snype and his role).

I'm posting this right now (I'm going to dinner), but I have a bit more to edit in later. Enjoy.

tldr, but I can confirm that Snype was "celebrating" last night. He claims that he did not want it.

Nonetheless, some of your logic seems to be shoddy, and your grammar is terrible. I will let others pick it apart some more, but until we hear all arguments we should trust no one, both Snype and you.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Steven Snype, use TL;DR Retaliation!

Ok ladies and gentlemen (and snype), I will now explain why the aforementioned Snype is highly likely to be a mafia (probably from the Rejects).

First I will start with my role PM since if I were you, I'd assume that to be the most important thing to see.

Before I die it would be unfitting to not post my choice of lynch target.

Lynch Snype

Peace lates bud.
is his vote post.

Last I checked, Snype is a user that is not in the game. Therefore, undisputed's vote should have counted as a No Lynch, not as a vote for me as per Rule 3 of the game, particularly the final sentence.

THE RULES said:
3. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "lynch <user>" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone. You may change the format of lynching someone if you want, but it must be clear that you are voting for <user>. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period equal to one fourth of the time remaining in the day, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided a host is there to update). If there is a tie in voting, no one will be lynched. All votes for a dead user, or a user who isn’t playing, will count as “No lynch”.
[00:16:25] <~auramaster> The Day update is correct; there has been no host mistake.

[00:20:47] <StS> so i don't get
[00:20:51] <StS> my lpv/BPV back?
[00:21:29] <auramaster> There were no mistakes in the update
[00:21:37] <auramaster> You have lost your KPV
[/hide]

for now and to make sure that his points are still there. atm, my browser is lagging pretty badly, I shall edit this post in with responses.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Alright, I figure I might as well say what my opinion is on this whole matter. From the results of the lynch, (or lack of) it seems that both of their roles have been confirmed. While they could be mixing their roles up a little to clean themselves of being mafia, I don't think that's likely. From what I've seen in Mafia games, the mafia need powerful roles in order to defeat the village, and those roles are anything but. A one time lynch miss and being able to survive a kill, which have been all but proven besides the one time miss part of Undisputed's role. However, if it wasn't one time, it would be insanely difficult for the village to take down, as their only chance of winning for the most part, that being lynching has been corrupted. Since that would lead to a one-sided game, I don't believe this. Also, both roles activated during the day, and most mafia roles occur during the night. (hell, don't all?) So to close: I do not believe that either Undisputed or Steven Snype are mafia.

Undisputed, the only thing I find weird is that you posted your role pm after the results, while Snype posted his prior to the flavor being proven. How do we know that you didn't just make that role pm to suit the flavor? I'm not accusing, just wondering if I'm missing something here

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Alright, I figure I might as well say what my opinion is on this whole matter. From the results of the lynch, (or lack of) it seems that both of their roles have been confirmed. While they could be mixing their roles up a little to clean themselves of being mafia, I don't think that's likely. From what I've seen in Mafia games, the mafia need powerful roles in order to defeat the village, and those roles are anything but. A one time lynch miss and being able to survive a kill, which have been all but proven besides the one time miss part of Undisputed's role. However, if it wasn't one time, it would be insanely difficult for the village to take down, as their only chance of winning for the most part, that being lynching has been corrupted. Since that would lead to a one-sided game, I don't believe this. Also, both roles activated during the day, and most mafia roles occur during the night. (hell, don't all?) So to close: I do not believe that either Undisputed or Steven Snype are mafia.
You don't disprove the theory that undis has mafia teammates willing to use a one-time lynch redirect to just redirect it to me.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Snype, mafia tend to have good roles, since they are so largely out numbered. Do you honestly think that a member of a mafia team, which is smaller than normal because of the two factions, would have around, let's say a third (seems like a good number) of their team be completely useless after one use?

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Snype, mafia tend to have good roles, since they are so largely out numbered. Do you honestly think that a member of a mafia team, which is smaller than normal because of the two factions, would have around, let's say a third (seems like a good number) of their team be completely useless after one use?
let's take a visit to a blast from the past, shall we?

Oh hello, I see MC Hammer. Let's read his role shall we?

You are MC Hammer.

You are a rapper who came to fame in the late eighties, especially after releasing your hit single 'U Can't Touch This'. You were the first rapper to ever receive Diamond certification on an album. Sadly, you also became something of an internet meme with your famous line 'Stop, Hammer Time'. Fortunately, this line is what will help you and your Damned allies in this battle.

In the Day, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Day X - Stop, Hammer Time'. You will shout this line at the top of your voice, forcing everyone to stop what they were doing and effectively cancelling the lynch. You may only do this once.

Your allies are listed in another PM.

You win if a member of the Damned is the last user standing or if nothing can prevent the same.
I would like the following people to confirm that this role existed: undisputed, Slim Guldo. I really expect Slim to confirm the role since he hosted the Damned game. So this mafioso was virtually useless once his role was used. This game that I am referring to is also a Beginner game. There have been lynch redirectors before in games. This one's the first lynch-influencing-role that came to mind.

(No pun intended)

Actually, let's also go to a more recent time. Back when UN was around.

Hello, what is this?

Oh hai, this is nothing normal. We're just witnessing a Spiffy randkill. Nothing abnormal. Let's look at his role PM.
Dear Spiffy,

You are Panama.

You are a country with a lot of rivers and harbours and you have a wonderful tropical climate to bolster your tourism-related income. However, the UNSC decided that because you are part of Latin America, you don't need a permanent spot there. So they keep giving you non-renewable spots on the UNSC. Well, fuck them. The Rejects get your plight and want your help. So give them it.

During the day, you may send LifeAdmiral and Objection a PM during the day with the order "Hey <USER> and everyone, check out these fast-flowing rivers!". The lynch will then stop because everyone will gather around one of your rivers. One of your friends will then accidentally push <USER> off the bank and they will drown in the river. Everyone will then mourn <USER>'s death and the lynch will be called off. You may only send this order once during the game because after this, everyone will become terrified of water.

You are allied with The Rejects. You win if The Rejects achieve parity with the town.
I'd really like a lot more people to confirm this role existed, namely dukefan5, auramaster, Captain Bagman, loudkirbyking, Athenodoros, Smashlloyd20, khz, Xaqwais, N. Jiggles (sounds a lot cooler), and Tsuk. I especially expect the first two people to confirm as dukefan5 originally had the role and auramaster also did not host that Damned game too.

Lynch cancel/redirect is a well-known role (and can be very powerful), and it's almost always mafia (or multi-faction).
What use does village have for a lynch redirect? Undisputed's claimed role PM pretty much confirms him as mafia.

Undisputed, the only thing I find weird is that you posted your role pm after the results, while Snype posted his prior to the flavor being proven. How do we know that you didn't just make that role pm to suit the flavor? I'm not accusing, just wondering if I'm missing something here
Like I mentioned, my plan was to have this whole situation backfire on Snype and expose him for what I thought he was (which wouldn't happen if he knew my role). That's the reason I didn't post it.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Like I mentioned, my plan was to have this whole situation backfire on Snype and expose him for what I thought he was (which wouldn't happen if he knew my role). That's the reason I didn't post it.
Actually, you are one of the three people whose role I do not have in my sheet. As for the other two of you, I shake my head in utter disgrace. One of you has even posted a lynch vote and made no contact with me at all whatsoever. I'm disappointed in you.

Also snype if were bringing in past mafia precedence, I can gladly find some roles where lynch redirectors (which isn't my what my role says) have been villagers.
I'm pretty sure Snype isn't saying that it's impossible for a villager to have the role, but refuting what kingofkongs said that mafia would likely have more powerful roles.

Also confirming that Spiffy PM, I remember that.

First and foremost, Galladiator made one of the most retarded moves in any mafia game I've seen or be a part of. For those of you not familiar, he claimed that he was "Mr. Game & Watch" and that he was a "One time Vigilante," which took several hours to be edited otherwise. What does this likely tell me?
  1. Galladiator is not very smart. I don't know how he's got 700+ posts if they are all of that quality, so I'm gonna say that he's not retarded.
  2. More likely, he's on Snype's team and thinks he can prove himself by publicly claiming. Snype was active during this period (I saw him talking on IRC), and if I were the legitimate leader, that post would've been edited so incredibly quickly you couldn't say my username.
  3. Also, a player that will not go by name, PMs me with info that he was "hooked with 8 bit flavor" which sounds a lot like Mr. Game & Watch (who, let's be honest, no one uses in game and would make a great reject)
Firstly, they are not all "of that quality", as this is only my second mafia game.

Secondly, I didn't edit the post until hours later because of something called "school." Don't know if you heard, but school isn't the best place to be staring at your smartphone's display screen all day. I'm not about to get my phone taken up.

Lastly, why would I hook somebody? There was nobody to hook; I never received any sort of request to "hook" or "kill" or whatever the hell I'm supposed to be doing in this game. And besides, a lot of other characters in-game could count as "8-bit." Sonic, possibly, or maybe Mega Man. Of course, if in the game at all, Sonic would be village and Mega Man Reject (wolf?). Therefore, whoever hooked this unnamed player with "8-bit flavor" could be a smart village. Or perhaps mafia.

Firstly, they are not all "of that quality", as this is only my second mafia game.

Secondly, I didn't edit the post until hours later because of something called "school." Don't know if you heard, but school isn't the best place to be staring at your smartphone's display screen all day. I'm not about to get my phone taken up.

Lastly, why would I hook somebody? There was nobody to hook; I never received any sort of request to "hook" or "kill" or whatever the hell I'm supposed to be doing in this game. And besides, a lot of other characters in-game could count as "8-bit." Sonic, possibly, or maybe Mega Man. Of course, if in the game at all, Sonic would be village and Mega Man Reject (wolf?). Therefore, whoever hooked this unnamed player with "8-bit flavor" could be a smart village. Or perhaps mafia.
Wait, what is your role again?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
If Galladiator is Mr. Game and Watch, the flavour was not about him, because it means he is village, as one of the playable characters. He might have been an idiot and sg'd SS, but I doubt it. This means his claim can't be used as evidence linking him to the safeguarding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)