Data Referee Tutoring Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ShyGuy, you'll hopefully be getting one soon. :)

Blaziken, thanks for the notice! You, as well as TEA_DEMON, seem to have a good grasp at reffing. Both of you have been moved up to Registered Refs.

edit: and for that matter, Frosty too.

I didn't know we had to post the stuff ourselves, but fair enough.

I finished reffing battle with Objection as my tutor ref. I feel that i'm ready to ref battles on my own, and... That's all i can think of off the top of my somewhat sleep deprived head.

(You have no idea how many spelling mistakes i made while writing this. I should lie down soon...)

Timezone: GMT (Weekdays 16:00 to 20:00, Weekends 10:00 until 20:00)
Why do you want to be tutored: I want to be tutored so that everyoe can get towards a more enjoyable ASB experience, where people can have more battles at once. Also, I need more refs for my contest hall, and because only one applicant thas signed up, I am going to learn to ref.
Any extra comments about yourself: I try to be as active as posible, so battlers can have a more enjoyable battle.

Assigned to Son_of_Shadoo

I would like to apply to be a tutor (currently Registered Ref)

I'm good with calculations and deciding what's legal and what isn't, and I'm REALLY good with flavor. I think I can be of great service to any apprentice who is assigned to me :)

Timezone: GMT-5 (US Eastsen Timezone)
Availability: 3: 00 PM to about 10: 30-11:00 PM on weekdays, Generally available on weekends. Days off from school (summer, memorial day, etc) are treated like weekends.

So, I was a Tutor ref to Glacier Knight, who was reffing 2 3v3 Singles. He had to leave, so both of those battle found subrefs.

That means that I am open to tutor someone else, and Glacier Knight and I get 4 and 2 RC respectivly, for basically reffing 2 1v1s.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Timezone: EDT (I believe GMT -4?) ; Usually available weeknights other than Mondays after 6 PM and most weekends during the day.
Why do you want to be tutored: So I can help with the blossoming ASB community and have a more enjoyable time myself.
Any extra comments about yourself: I work full time as an accountant. I like to watch movies, shoot pool, play and watch sports.

Assigned to Darkamber8828

Since I've been playing this for a while, well since it started, I feel like I should really learn to ref and contribute more.

Timezone: GMT -7 Mountain Time.
Availability: Currently fluctuating because of work starting and school ending but regularly during the evenings, usually not on Fridays. Also Tuesday and Thrusday nights I will be on later than usual.
Extra Comments: I've been playing ASB since it's glorious arrival at Smogon, but because of school and other commitments I didnt want to ref right away, but now I have more time and I really want to learn how, but having a tutor would be an amazing asset.

Assigned to Fire Blast

Question. I am reffing this battle, and both members are over DQ since last reffing. I have given a warning that that if the actions are not posted within the remaining hours of today, the battle will end in a draw. Is that correct?

Incorrect. It is Its_A_Random's turn to post actions so he is the only one who can currently go over DQ. Plus, I think the opponent has to be the one to decide whether or not to DQ him and, if so, whether it results in a draw or a loss for the DQ'd person.

I think it's time to join in and help out with the reffings!

Timezone: EST (GMT -5:00)
Availability: I'm fully free on Mondays, Saturdays, and Sundays. For all other days I'm free during the evening from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
Why do you want to be tutored: Because I want to pay it forward to the ASB community and help with the battle load in any way I can.
Extra Comments: I have a tendency to add music to all my battles and eventually reffings. I try to set the music that best fits the tone of the arena and battle on hand. I also prefer to stick with refereeing a single battle at a time.

Assigned to Spenstar

I think it's time to join in and help out with the reffings!

Timezone: EST (GMT -5:00)
Availability: I'm fully free on Mondays, Saturdays, and Sundays. For all other days I'm free during the evening from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
Why do you want to be tutored: Because I want to pay it forward to the ASB community and help with the battle load in any way I can.
Extra Comments: I have a tendency to add music to all my battles and eventually reffings. I try to set the music that best fits the tone of the arena and battle on hand. I also prefer to stick with refereeing a single battle at a time.
*Shakes his hand* You got yourself a tutor.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@Alch, ref a bit more. :) About 4-6 is fine.

I did the same for TravelLog so don't feel you're being pressured against or something. Take your time dedicating yourself to those 2-3 more and have fun with it!
I know this is from a while ago but:

I've reffed 4 from the very start, and 3 more that I subreffed from incredibly early on (that is, just after R1, and they were 3v3s).

That makes 7.

Is 7 enough?

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
AH! That's why! Some of your reffings weren't marked as "Completed" so I thought you only managed like 3 reffings. Okay, you're in Alch. Thanks! :)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
For everyone unaware, if you're finished with the tutoring/getting tutored, post here please (I edited the OP with bold letters).

edit: well, okay, I can go to everyone's profile and check if the tutoring is done or not - that's not a problem. Sometimes I don't know if you guys plan on reffing another match together so that's something I may want to know (when you're done of course).

Timezone: PST (-8)
Why do you want to be tutored: Even though I just started asb, I love the battling and reading the story to go along with the battle. And I've noticed theres not that many refs so I'd love to help lighten the load.
Any extra comments about yourself: I'm avalible in the morning or early after noon then anytime after 8 (because of work) I'm very open to critizism and love doing math.

Assigned to Flora

I thought the tutor could decide whether or not their tutee had done a good enough job regardless of number of matches reffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)