Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Expanding on Toast's formula with simplification:
Code:
Frame ~= NPC 
         + Steps * (377/170)
         + Turns * 2
         + Initial

Steps must be divisible by 2, 5, and 17.

Alternatively...
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/RNG/steps.gif[/img]

Expanding on Toast's formula with simplification:
Code:
Frame ~= NPC 
         + Steps * (377/170)
         + Turns * 2
         + Initial

Steps must be divisible by 2, 5, and 17.

Alternatively...
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/RNG/steps.gif[/img]
Ugh math give me headaches.Sorry for the derpness kaphotics but can you give me an example?

If i walk 256 steps plus 12 turns plus 49 initial PID,so i get 640 right?If my target is 680,can i just do 40 turns instead of chatters?I tried doing only turns to reach a higher frame on relic castle and got random results :S.Tried several times.Also you said it steps have to be divisible by those numbers,if it isnt what happens?

Oh i tried RNG where there was NPC and did everything exactly all the time and also got random results...the bubble spot appeared in the same spot,i casted the rod at same time all the time and NPC were still screwing me around and not behaving the same

Does it make any difference if I use an AR when RNGing in black? Especially when hitting standard non c gear seed? I mean all we have to do for standard seed is hit the second correctly and if I sync my ds clock to an external clock and then use an AR will it affect my parameters in any way? I am using DS lite and Black retail cart.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ugh math give me headaches.Sorry for the derpness kaphotics but can you give me an example?

If i walk 256 steps plus 12 turns plus 49 initial PID,so i get 640 right?If my target is 680,can i just do 40 turns instead of chatters?I tried doing only turns to reach a higher frame on relic castle and got random results :S.Tried several times.Also you said it steps have to be divisible by those numbers,if it isnt what happens?

Oh i tried RNG where there was NPC and did everything exactly all the time and also got random results...the bubble spot appeared in the same spot,i casted the rod at same time all the time and NPC were still screwing me around and not behaving the same
This is really just an approximation if you need it. The reason that chatots are used is that they are 100% consistent. This isn't.
If they aren't divisible, they're rounded down. That's what the floor function is.

Does it make any difference if I use an AR when RNGing in black? Especially when hitting standard non c gear seed? I mean all we have to do for standard seed is hit the second correctly and if I sync my ds clock to an external clock and then use an AR will it affect my parameters in any way? I am using DS lite and Black retail cart.
Yes. AR changes the initial seeding.

this has probably been answered somewhere else on this thread...but when RNGing in the desert resort, how does the sandstorm affect the PID frame? wanting to do a sigilyph and a dwebble

My starting PID keeps changing when I'm trying to RNG on Route 1 (Fishing in the bubble spot for Feebas). I know the NPC is causing this, but how will I hit my target PID if my starting frame keeps changing? And, is there a way to stop it from changing? I'm walking the exact same path every time, and the same bubble spot is appearing, but my starting PID is not the same. It stays in the same area, though (~120ish).

You didn't answer his question though.

The sandstorm moves the PID frame very fast. Not sure how much sand is, but I think rain is about 120 frames/second? You won't be able to RNG though effectively without getting rid of the sandstorm.
There's no reason to answer his question. Why does he need to know how much it advances the frame when he can simply get rid of the sandstorm and not have to deal with it?

My starting PID keeps changing when I'm trying to RNG on Route 1 (Fishing in the bubble spot for Feebas). I know the NPC is causing this, but how will I hit my target PID if my starting frame keeps changing? And, is there a way to stop it from changing? I'm walking the exact same path every time, and the same bubble spot is appearing, but my starting PID is not the same. It stays in the same area, though (~120ish).
You can't really control the PIDRNG if you're moving in an area with NPC(s). Use a synchronizer.

There's no reason to answer his question. Why does he need to know how much it advances the frame when he can simply get rid of the sandstorm and not have to deal with it?
Some people would want to know why. This is a similar situation:

Question: Guys, what's a good set for garchomp?

Answer: You can't use garchomp in OU

Does that answer the question? No.

By starting frame you mean the time where you first appear and mash X to caught a pokemon or AFTER walking and standing near the pond to fish?

I did this alot on dragonspiral tower to get a dragonite...did about 40+ times,it always ALWAYS resulted in a different PID even when i made the pond appear in the same spot and walked the same way at same time.I dont think it is possible to not get random results by walking where a moving NPC exist

Kaphotics said it is possible but i just grew tired of trying so many times...

Um....

I'm thinking about RNGing the Event egg that was randomly either Pidove, Pansage, or Axew (it's Axew for me, yeah!), but.... Does it count as a Wondercard, egg, or gift?

By starting frame you mean the time where you first appear and mash X to caught a pokemon or AFTER walking and standing near the pond to fish?

I did this alot on dragonspiral tower to get a dragonite...did about 40+ times,it always ALWAYS resulted in a different PID even when i made the pond appear in the same spot and walked the same way at same time.I dont think it is possible to not get random results by walking where a moving NPC exist

Kaphotics said it is possible but i just grew tired of trying so many times...

It is possible, you just have to try get to the bubble spot roughly around the same time. I just RNG'd for flawless Corsola (surf bubble) and flawless female Cloyster (fishing bubble) for breeding purposes in Undella Town, where there are npc's and managed to do it. Just get your range of your SSF and find which you hit most constantly or the lowest one you've hit. Then settle on it and always advance the frames to your target PID until after some tries you will hit it. To help you better, do not use the frame from the encounter, but advance the pid frame once before the encounter to figure out your initial frame (current frame - 1). That made it easier for me, though of course depending on the route the more npc's the harder it will be.

It is possible, you just have to try get to the bubble spot roughly around the same time. I just RNG'd for flawless Corsola (surf bubble) and flawless female Cloyster (fishing bubble) for breeding purposes in Undella Town, where there are npc's and managed to do it. Just get your range of your SSF and find which you hit most constantly or the lowest one you've hit. Then settle on it and always advance the frames to your target PID until after some tries you will hit it. To help you better, do not use the frame from the encounter, but advance the pid frame once before the encounter to figure out your initial frame (current frame - 1). That made it easier for me, though of course depending on the route the more npc's the harder it will be.
Erm...there is no moving NPC on undella in certain seasons(Only in summer i think).Also the encounter slots for fishing seems inconsistent too...i seen someone here complaining about wanting a cloyster but got remoraid instead

You can't really control the PIDRNG if you're moving in an area with NPC(s). Use a synchronizer.
I am using a syncer, lol. I'm trying to hit a shiny frame. I guess I'll try advancing the PID by ~300 and see what frame I land on. Or I'll try what iDeath suggested :D

Edit: I think some of the genders for the fishing encounter slots are incorrect. On Route 1, I caught a Female Feebas, Calm nature. Feebas has encounter slot 3 and 4 on Route 1 while fishing. I hit my seed again, this time doing 1 PID advancement and I got a Hardy Female Ability 0 Basculin. There was no two frames in a row that were Calm, Female Feebas followed by Hardy Ability 0 Female Basculin, but frame 161 and frame 162 are Calm MALE Feebas followed by Hardy Ability 0 Female Basculin. And I've had other gender problems in the past with Fishing (And with synchronize frames).

Erm...there is no moving NPC on undella in certain seasons(Only in summer i think).Also the encounter slots for fishing seems inconsistent too...i seen someone here complaining about wanting a cloyster but got remoraid instead
Yea my flawless seed is in June (summer), where there are two npc's on the beach with the one on the left (male ace trainer) moving around, that is why mentioned it. As for fishing I wasn't hitting a high seed since I wasn't fishing for shiny, I just got the nearest female synchronized natured cloyster I could find (which was 4 frames from my SSF and was able to get. Maybe it was luck the fishing for cloyster, but the surfing bubble spot for corsola it was certainly not. Cloyster was my first Fishing bubble, so I may not know if it is inconsistent like you say, but the surfing bubble corsola is my 3rd npc area surfing bubble capture and all have been consistent.

Hmm...very well.Im gonna try again later.Princess,if you manage to do it,please post all of your experiences here

EDIT:Yeah,wrong synchonizing frames on fishing and shaking grass is one of the most problems i had

If I'm allowed to ask a Gen IV question here:

I've been having some trouble hitting my seed in HG, but I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. I can't narrow it down. I do the Elm calls, but I don't appear to be hitting even within 600 digits of the target delay (+-300) based on Elm's responses. I'm definitely starting the game at the correct second, so it should be fairly close, shouldn't it?

I have no idea how much information to post. Could y'all tell me what you'd need to know in order to help me out? I'm drawing a blank.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If I'm allowed to ask a Gen IV question here:

I've been having some trouble hitting my seed in HG, but I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. I can't narrow it down. I do the Elm calls, but I don't appear to be hitting even within 600 digits of the target delay (+-300) based on Elm's responses. I'm definitely starting the game at the correct second, so it should be fairly close, shouldn't it?

I have no idea how much information to post. Could y'all tell me what you'd need to know in order to help me out? I'm drawing a blank.
you have the right date/time? Probably not.

Military time :S

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So if I want to use an AR while using standard method to RNG, do I have to calibrate my DS again?
You would.. but they are far away from the normal ones and I believe very inconsistent as well. Someone can jump in if I'm wrong there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 36)