Gen 5 Article Claims/Suggestions

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
can i write an article about HO?

i think it is important enough to require a completely different guide from regular BW OU offense, which is often Bulky Offense.

I already have part of an article typed up :x
well the author of the current BW OU offense guide mentions Hyper Offense along with 2 other forms that I'm assuming are also recognized forms of the play style. I don't see the point in separating the Offense into one article then more for each individual play style. Davy Jones can just expand HO if it's so important and allude to a good sample team that exemplifies the play style, or even possibly note in the Pokemon's description if they're good candidates for HO.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I know I already have a sand article going, but I would also like to do a UU stall guide. It may look as if I have too much on my plate, but I can assure you I will be able to finish both within reasonable time. I've been testing UU sand teams and found myself having a stall natured team more often than not since Stoutland, Rhyperior, Flygon, and Empoleon are the only offensive sand members that seem to pull their weight. I am pretty much testing both sand and stall at the same time lol.
no, I'm fine with letting you do the RU speed tiers and the sandstorm one since speed tiers isn't too hard, but until you get the sandstorm one to at least the GP stage you may not reserve another.

Since I am currently free (my only not-uploaded article is under GP phase now), I'd like to reserve an article about Arceus. While there are individual analyses for each form, it may be useful to have an article discussing Arceus as a whole, especially in the case someone want to include it on an Ubers team but is unsure about which form to adopt. There was such an article for the 4th generation, but a lot of things changed since then (no EV limitations, new moves such as Psyshock, new Pokémon, etc), and an article focused on BW would be neat.

EDIT: I think they're totally right on this. They'll have proof of it once I'll get it up.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Since I am currently free (my only not-uploaded article is under GP phase now), I'd like to reserve an article about Arceus. While there are individual analyses for each form, it may be useful to have an article discussing Arceus as a whole, especially in the case someone want to include it on an Ubers team but is unsure about which form to adopt. There was such an article for the 4th generation, but a lot of things changed since then (no EV limitations, new moves such as Psyshock, new Pokémon, etc), and an article focused on BW would be neat.
go ahead, also something from the Ubers mods is that you should focus on the arcei's roles instead of doing type analyses otherwise it just overlaps too much with the analyses. Just something to keep in mind when you;re working on it.

Can the Gen 5 LC Speed Tiers list be extended? Currently, it ends at 11 Speed (Max+ Munchlax), and with the amount of slow, bulky pokemon in the metagame, I think it'd be really helpful. Offering myself up, but I'm not sure how the HTMLing works and I've never undertaken writing for Smogon before. If I'm not qualified enough, it would be nice to have someone do it.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
How about an article concerning why each ban was made and what exactly it does? It would hopefully cut down on the number of "WHY BLAZE BLAZIKEN BE BANNED?" and "Y I CANT USE DRIZZLE N SWIFSWIM" threads and if not at least make them easier to answer.

not sure if this should go here or the smog though

edit: if it wasn't clear i'm volunteering myself to write this

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
How about an article concerning why each ban was made and what exactly it does? It would hopefully cut down on the number of "WHY BLAZE BLAZIKEN BE BANNED?" and "Y I CANT USE DRIZZLE N SWIFSWIM" threads and if not at least make them easier to answer.

not sure if this should go here or the smog though

edit: if it wasn't clear i'm volunteering myself to write this
This could probably work for a Smog article, but I am rejecting it for a sole article.

Hello, I am currently jobless, so I'd like to reserve an article talking about stat up Pokémon in OU. Recently they've been all the rage in OU, so an article explaining which are the main moves (Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, Swords Dance, Shell Smash etc), how can they be abused (Screens, Baton Pass - can't remember right now if it's been banned already will edit otherwise) and how can they be stopped (Haze, Roar, Unaware, etc) is in order IMO. Since the article would be big as it is, I'd like also to make a similar one for Ubers but possibly separate, because many things are different (Smashpass is non-existent, Swords Dance and Calm Mind are more common because of Arceus and friends, Unaware is non-existent etc).

EDIT: Ok I will start with OU then.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Hello, I am currently jobless, so I'd like to reserve an article talking about stat up Pokémon in OU. Recently they've been all the rage in OU, so an article explaining which are the main moves (Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, Swords Dance, Shell Smash etc), how can they be abused (Screens, Baton Pass - can't remember right now if it's been banned already will edit otherwise) and how can they be stopped (Haze, Roar, Unaware, etc) is in order IMO. Since the article would be big as it is, I'd like also to make a similar one for Ubers but possibly separate, because many things are different (Smashpass is non-existent, Swords Dance and Calm Mind are more common because of Arceus and friends, Unaware is non-existent etc).
You can start 1 of those, but leave the second on hold until your current one gets through GP at least.

do the Articles need QC or can I get my Priority in Ubers Analysis to GP now? the reason I'm asking is nearly every source I've seen is really only talking about the Pokemon Specific Stuff conserning QC, and I just want be cirtain of procegure and I haven't seen anything Refering to QC in the Sub-forum.

I would like to write an article, but I'd like to make sure I am in fact allowed to write one and that can (hopefully!) be posted on the website one day.

I was thinking of writing an article on all Rapid Spin-users and their advantages and disadvantages. If it doesn't get to crammed or shoehorned in, I'll probably add a section on spinblocking too. The article will focus on the OU metagame.

I know they are allready briefly named in the Entry Hazards article under the BW section, but I feel this section is too brief.
I would like to know if I can just start writing or that I have to sign up somewhere first. I would also like to know whether or not it is a good idea to make a separate article about this, or to add it to the Entry Hazards article.

I hope to read something here soon. In the meantime I will start writing!

EDIT:

I realised after reading my post, I should clarify what I would like to add to the information about Spin(blockers):
-Detailed information on ALL users of Rapid Spin (current article names only a few notable ones)
-How much damage/hinder they take from Stealth Rocks/Toxic Spikes/Spikes/Weather
-Ways they can handle spinblockers
-Ways to counter them

Same would count for all spinblockers, unless that turns out to work as a seperate article.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'm unfortunately gonna have to give up the UU Sandstorm Article because Hippowdon has been banned. Now that Hippowdon is gone, sand is back to relying on Hippopotas for support again. The sheer drop in usage, as well as the difference between Hippowdon and Hippopotas, means that sand is no longer a playstyle in itself, but just something that supports Stoutland and Rhyperior. Wasted so much time playtesting in the clusterfuck that is BW UU too. I guess I probably should've just listened to Moo in the first place.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Could I write an RU Stall Article, please?

Or if not a full article, just a description of each common stall Pokemon and their teammates and such to be added to KG's main article on stall after he completes it (in an RU section)
you can write a seperate one for RU, I believe there will be enough material there to justify its own article.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sorry we don't allow team building articles since its are covered in other articles about play styles.

It's a question rather than asking to write a guide.

Seeing as a BW Sun guide was posted recently, I was wondering if a BW Rain article is in the works?

Nevermind, found it on page two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)