Gen 5 Article Claims/Suggestions

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Unlike analyses, the articles will not necessarily be first come first served, especially for the most lengthy, complicated and important guides. Don't let this put you off from helping though, even if we think it best for someone else to run it no article is a one person job. There will be a lot of content checking to be done and discussion to be had, especially for the threat lists where almost all the work is done by the C&C community.

Mechanics articles:

Fifth Gen Changes

Ideally written by someone involved with 5th gen testing, or at least with the help of people who have been. A section for major changes which players will run into often in battle, then later sections with more detail. The removal of various 4th gen "glitches" should be noted. New items and abilities need not be covered by this (they will have their own pages once the site is updated with 5th gen), only changes to existing mechanics.

Triples / Triples / Rotation Mechanics

Collect up all the information we have about how the alternate formats function, try to get anything you are unsure about tested. Depending on how many differences there are from standard play and how much detail is given, this could conceivably be split into three.

Threat Lists

Threat lists will be run as community projects. Each Pokemon will revive a very brief description of it's abilities. Examples of entries for each threat list will be provided before the projects start. If you wish to be in charge of a threat list you will be responsible for organizing contributions to it and most importantly ensuring quality in all submissions by correcting or rejecting substandard ones. You should have significant knowledge about the metagame, be able to write well and organize a group, and be willing to dedicate some time to the project.

Currently required:
  • Ubers - firecape - Done / Uploaded
  • OU - Aerrow, AccidentalGreed
  • UU - elDino - Done / Uploaded
  • RU - Omicron
  • NU - Raseri
  • LC - elevator_music, Aerrow - Done / Uploaded

Speed Tiers

Speed Tiers are best run by a single individual with considerable metagame knowledge, though having several others checking their work is very important. Speed Tiers are much easier projects to run than Threat Lists. Speed tiers do not require much complex writing, just a straight list of what to include in this format:

Speed / Pokemon / Base Speed / Nature (+Spe, -Spe, or Neutral) / EV Investment / Boost

Currently required:
  • Ubers - Shrang - Done / Uploaded
  • OU - Telamonianajax - Done / Uploaded
  • UU - Santuga
  • RU - Honko - Done / Uploaded
  • NU - erisia
  • LC - Zeph - Done / Uploaded
Multi Tier

• Status - Arseus with help from mien - Done / Uploaded
  • BW Move Priorities - darkie - Done / Uploaded
  • ev distribution - jc104
  • speed creep - Jimera0
Uber Articles

OU Articles

UU Articles

RU Articles

NU Articles

Little Cup Articles

Double Articles

Last edited by a moderator:

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would like the lead the Uber 5th gen threat list. When the time comes I'd be happy to lead the Uber guide as well, but we'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
When the time comes I'd be happy to lead the Uber guide as well, but we'll cross that bridge when the time comes.
When that time comes, I'd also like to help write of the Uber metagame guide, just like in Gen IV :)

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Could you add to the OP that I reserve the Gen 5 1v1 Guide?
Ok.

I believe 5th gen Walling Tiers and Attacking Tiers would be useful, as well as potentially double type attack combos.

If the defense tier is added, i'd like to reserve it. Thanks.

(examples of each can be found here for walling tiers/here for attack tiers/and here for double type attack combos

(note that for the defense tiers i'll also be adding in resistances and abilities if it's given to me)
Sure, post when you have something.

I would like the lead the Uber 5th gen threat list. When the time comes I'd be happy to lead the Uber guide as well, but we'll cross that bridge when the time comes.
Alright, hold off posting the OP for a bit, need to decide the exact format for threat list entries.

When that time comes, I'd also like to help write of the Uber metagame guide, just like in Gen IV :)
Cool, you ubers people discuss among yourselves who should do what and when the metagame is known well enough to start.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Beaten by Venser, I would like to offer to co-lead with him on Little Cup 5th Gen threat list if such a position is viable.

I would also like to head LC 5th Gen article when you come to that.

EDIT: I can also lead Doubles and triples.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
LC Threat list: Unsure about either of you, have you managed a large project before or written a somewhat complex guide? Threat lists are not minor endeavors for the leader, and require very high activity and content checking skill to do well without wasting a lot of community effort/time. Talk to me on IRC.

SOMALIA: I believe Macle will also be leading 5th gen ingame, I'll talk to him and see what the situation is.

I'll take the responsibility of updating the game mechanics articles to Generation V. The first article will be status in B/W written/updated by arseus(he agreed doing so by PM) with the list of game mechanic changes provided by myself.

I would like to take part in the OU Gen 5 threat list and the LC Gen 5 threat list, when we come to that . Of course, I dont ant to lead any of these projects, seeing I dont have much time.

Note: I have contributed to PKGaming's trial Gen 5 OU threatlist. When the formal one is compiled in this sub-forum, I shall certainly take part in it.

What about articles on the types of Weather? An article on Rain, an article on Sun, an article on Sandstorm, and an article on hail? We had them in the 4th gen, couldn't someone rewrite them for 5th gen? And also someone should write one for sun, sine (I believe) that there is not an existing Sun article.

What about articles on the types of Weather? An article on Rain, an article on Sun, an article on Sandstorm, and an article on hail? We had them in the 4th gen, couldn't someone rewrite them for 5th gen? And also someone should write one for sun, sine (I believe) that there is not an existing Sun article.
Add Trick Room and Gravity(?) to the list

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh nice! Can I do the gen 5 threat list? I already made a gen 5 OU threatlist which was (semi) successful.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81996
I'll talk to ete about it.

I'll add it to the list.

Add Trick Room and Gravity(?) to the list
ok.

how about an article about stall/defensive play?
that sounds like a good idea. Do you want to write it or are you just suggesting it?

i would be willing to offer my services for a weather article :3
Which weather or all weathers?

I would too offer my services for a weather article, if you feel I am experienced enough to do so. I would like to help with the article on Sun.

I know this wasn't on the list, but I'd love to write an article on Leads. I can also help with the Hail article, but I'd prefer the leads one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)