[Expert] This Is How We Mafia - Game Overrrrr - Postgame up!

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
did you completely ignore the context or are you just retarded
This is because he has claimed that he does not have a night action, AND WILL SUBSEQUENTLY GAIN ONE, BUT HE HAS NOT GAINED ONE YET, and if he has he has made no effort to contact the village with this information.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mekkah why didn't I get Ditto's role??? I was so sure you'd give me the wolf role... Even if fake...

Either way, as I already said, I liked the things you did to the mafia, they had a reason to fight against each other, and that fake targeeting is pure genius.

and that fake targeeting is pure genius
You may already know this, but it doesn't mask your default action to the tracker. If we used our night action and false trail during the same night, the tracker would see we targeted both.

That really killed its effectiveness imo, so instead I figured the best use was to use both the false trail and kill with the same person, so we could (hopefully) make the results look confused and tampered. That and while I was alive I had the Dinosaur target the same person as the trail, since I got items from my kill targets and using it on my inspect target seemed a bit redundant.

Its main intention was really allowing you to claim something that targeted people without having to be paranoid of a village watcher (even though there was none). If the tracker got you, you were most likely screwed anyway.

partner died and i became utterly useless, didn't get a cool wolf role :(

fuck you mekkah
You were supposed to die along with him anyway!

*reads postgame*

The Club didn’t do a single thing all game long, not even when it was merged with the Dinosaur, though I’m sure that in both of these stages it provided some added security to whoever was holding it.
AFAIK this is incorrect. I factored the Skin into every number listing I did. I believe the Skin is why you were able to call the game instead of making us go for the third mislynch. And with it, if C++ had gotten one more kill in, we'd've only needed one (though RBG may have had his über powers by then).

Also I guess you're a cup-half-full person, because I always considered myself a nerfed hooker, but your sheet has me as a buffed martyr :P

I love Altair he’s cute.
Cute Altair, my favourite see plus plus-er.

I think jumpluff even made fakes for him (the whole team, even).
Nah, I made two: night mayor for myself and BPV. I ran out of ideas as safeguard is super crappy, and Crux (oh so fortunately) took BPV. So the other two didn't have any, sorry about that, but I was out of inspiration completely.

Actually it was my and Crux's idea to, uh, borrow the skin, because I did the calculations and we had the best chance of winning with the skin on him and him protecting himself, since he could protect himself in a late-game situation and could guard against crossfire-losing the Skin. It was really unfortunate and BK had finals that day so we had to borrow it. Sorry :(

I actually felt sorry for Quags because I even asked him if he was idling when I knew he was going to die,
SFJSFJSDFGJS *COUGHS VIOLENTLY*

there were several points in the game where I was like “I should make the holder of the 3 arguments get just one extra vote or something.”
That would've been nice ;)

Also, with all due respect, thank you for your praise, but I think Crux deserves MVP more! He figured out a lot of important things on just gut feelings / observations; most of my theories, while pretty good imho, were off-base. And in the end, all our planning wouldn't've mattered if he hadn't carried it as the last (R) (I was just moral support and occasional nitpicker). Everyone helped out though and I really enjoyed being on this team, so thank you, BK, Crux, and Veed! Admittedly, we got kind of lucky, but we put ourselves in that situation and just hoped something would come along, and it did, so at least it was kind of karmic?

PS C++, I did yell at you a lot behind your backs :(, but once I was ready to die, I'd made my peace pretty much since there was no point holding a grudge when you'd been hacked to pieces all game, so that angry post was just a front because I didn't want to look like I was just going with no sort of outburst whatever.

PPS Pidge, Crux thought you were the Complaining Man, and in the end we were so desperate for C++ to talk to us that we decided to send me as Rydel to you, but I was pretty sure after that you were village or batshit crazy.

PPPS
She was incredibly paranoid of RBG’s role though...
Well, I was right to be >:(

Most orthodox 2v1 mafia games have a wolf, so at first I thought RBG was a wolf who showed up village on inspection until he transformed, which would give him a decent amount of moling ability. Then I just figured RBG had gotten his evident superpowers (though even I didn't realise how super they were), but we never had time to kill him and I knew he was our best hope for the needed mislynch (other than Ditto, about whom we obviously had no clue), so we had to leave him alive. It worked out perfectly when we lynched him just before he really did power up :)

Also, my claim should be in somebody's mafia someday........

Oh, yeah, and I have alternately referred to my role as 'N powers' and 'Twins', but now I contemplate it, I'm really more of a Shaymin-EX, don't you think? (Though it looks from that translation it's not as godly as we thought? If so that's a really shitty card, since it's just a worse Bouffalant...)

LASTLY, I THINK, lol I keep editing this post... thank you for hosting, Mekkah, I enjoyed this. I really won't be playing again, I swear! But it was certainly a better last game than MM2, considering how that one ended :x I liked your ideas in this game a lot.

Not only was I with 3 Aussies, but they all have badges >_> Unsure if there's a subliminal message to be had there.

jumpluff said:
You were supposed to die along with him anyway!
Man this would have been so epic. We (I?) were super thrilled to find both twins (after fiddling with the idea of a twin claim beforehand too), and with ipl on the chopping block we had an opportunity to set up contact with C++ to arrange a double kill. It wasn't until after contact that we figured that we could easily pin Blue Tornado with being a mole, because what are the odds that both twins would get hit at once? Unfortunately ipl had signed off or was lynched (can't remember) before we could give them the full scope of the plan, so they blew us off and hit their own target. Jerks.

===
I'm assuming the mistake that ruined me was blowing of BT (the only reason I was awake when he approached me was because I was waiting for an Adventure mafia update), and then I had internet issues which stopped me from getting on in time to make a valid claim, so I was under immediate suspicion. Wish it'd of played out different but whatever. After I died I tried to keep an interest in the game (I'm especially fond of being mafia because usually the game doesn't end when you die!), but I admit I only hopped on the channel a few times after my death.

And I too vote Crux for MVP. He was very active in planning things alongside jumpluff, and read between the lines and cross-checked different things to make solid assumptions. Just some examples, it was him that figured out seeplusplus was Altair from my /whois, and came up with a theory that Pidge was the Complaining Man, another C++. Not trying to dis jumpluff here!, but between the two Crux edges out slightly more than pluff.

No real comments other than that.

AFAIK this is incorrect. I factored the Skin into every number listing I did. I believe the Skin is why you were able to call the game instead of making us go for the third mislynch. And with it, if C++ had gotten one more kill in, we'd've only needed one (though RBG may have had his über powers by then).
Yeti - Womanly Man (Hooker) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 8

RBG - Forgetful Man (Mysterious Ability) - Merry Men - Lynched Day 8

LightWolf - Mimicing Man (Imitator) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 9

Ditto - Hairy Man (Wolf Troll) - Merry Men - Lynched Day 9

Pidge - Explosive Man (Explosive Troll) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 10

GoldenKnight - Heated Man (Caveman Item Holder) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 11

Only 2 people left after 2 mislynches, so the vote would have tied and then Crux would kill GoldenKnight at night. I did say the Caveman Skin added some security, if only mentally, but it never actually came into play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)