Epic Pokemon Rap Battles: Round 1, Gotta Rap them all!

personally, I'd say no switch. If we are all switching around, then we'll exhaust the store of viable pokemon for this sort of thing much faster. I'd hate to see it get to a point where you simply have to use Monferno vs Metang simply because there's nothing better left

Huh? I don't see how we would exhaust the pokemon. You don't HAVE to switch, and even if you choose to switch, there'd be no reason you can't use a pokemon done by somebody else. Each person is going to do the rap differently, so I don't think it would cause any problem. Especially not in one set of battles, where we're only going to have maybe 4 or 5 rounds max.

I guess you can't switch to a pokemon that somebody else is using that round, but in that case it'd be first come first serve just like when we first picked.

Again, I think it would allow a lot more variety, since you can do the rap in a different style. We should be encouraging diversity in the self-promotion part of the rap as well, and not just the dissing part.

Huh? I don't see how we would exhaust the pokemon. You don't HAVE to switch, and even if you choose to switch, there'd be no reason you can't use a pokemon done by somebody else. Each person is going to do the rap differently, so I don't think it would cause any problem. Especially not in one set of battles, where we're only going to have maybe 4 or 5 rounds max.

I guess you can't switch to a pokemon that somebody else is using that round, but in that case it'd be first come first serve just like when we first picked.

Again, I think it would allow a lot more variety, since you can do the rap in a different style. We should be encouraging diversity in the self-promotion part of the rap as well, and not just the dissing part.
as long as the bolded part is true, I'd be fine with switching. I was just thinking about the future if we ever do any more of these, I'd hate to see all the interesting pokemon used up in one go.

Your material will change as your opponent changes. You'll only have to come up with a few new lines about your mon. The rest can be about how terrible your new opponent is.

Just a suggestion, but for the sake of keeping the ball rolling and striking while the iron is still hot, you might want to set a firm deadline soon X5Dragon. Those of us who are active are ready to move on whenever you are. Those who don't have the time or are too lazy are going to continue to not have the time or be lazy. If you let this drag too long those of us who are active are probably going to lose interest or have things come up.

Personally, I'd really love to see this make it all the way to the end. Considering that this community has made the karaoke contest work for multiple rounds now, this could very well be the start of a fun new tradition.
I agree wholeheartedly with mattj, you can never run out of material and rap styles change with the beat and flow, etc especially for any one tourney.

However, since we didn't specify this and a lot of users expressed their wish to try repping someone else, I think it's OK if we let those who want to choose a second mon in keeping with the pokemon theme of double battles. However:

1) You only get to choose another mon in the addition to the one you've already chosen and you can only alternate between the two

2) You need to announce which mon your using before the round ends or during the voting period, otherwise if you qualify for later rounds your mon will be the last represented

3) You cannot choose a mon(s) selected by other players.

-------------------

About the deadline, we had set an entire week and no one asked for an extension (submitting beats doesn't count as you can submit them during entry), if you cannot even manage to make a lyrical entry before the end of Monday then I'm afraid you'll have better luck at later tournaments which will be held hopefully by members of smogon at regular intervals throughout the year so don't feel left out.

--------------------

*Commenting on finalized entry's

@Rotom-C

Your fat is so thick you make the ground shake
But wait, I got the levitate, snowflake

How about that? Pouring salt on ice! Or was it a close shave?

Well see soon when we have the voting up!

@Zoroark

Wonderin’ why I’m not in disguise ain’t ya foo?
Why in hell would I ever want to be you?¬

Sucka punched, that must'ev hurt!

@Cryogonal

cryogonals phenomenal zoroark is a bore-roark

Mad rapping there folks! Is it gonna be a rapid spin or is someone gonna win in disguise?

Alright what's left I suppose is to update the OP then with the latest entries and rules.

;)

EDIT: I prefer you submit whatever material you have folks.

If you OU nigga put your motherfucking hands up

I keep two spinners on me
I keep two Volt changers with me
Two wall breakers on me
Yall know who I be
I be that Intimidating motherfucker man
Its the birth of the Intimidating nigga
I be that Gen 1 nigga that rage in me nigga
Stay with me bitch
Tell a 'mon swag swag cuz Im swagin on em

Its Gyarados the Intimidating,
My team y'all be imitating

Im a Shoddy battle champ now we on P-O
Dragon Dance boosted Bounce bitch thats a K-O

How you GS Ballin
when your ladder ratings be fallin?

Celebi, Your usefulness came and went,
Now Youre nothing but an awful Pokeball spent

You a scrawny nigga scared of Bug-types
Gen V bitch, youll never live up to the hype

Desperation Thunder Wave,
Your master picked a green knave
And for that hes gotta pay
Im at a 6 'mon Buffet

My scales blue, my gold fangs, my eyes red, thats beast mode
(asap where its at)
Made it all the way through Victory Road
And now Im serving Celebi a la mode

The instrumental/inspiration/swagger jacking source
[youtube]IcRBKVhCGKE[/youtube]

@Gyradous

My scales blue, my gold fangs, my eyes red, thats beast mode
(asap where its at)
Made it all the way through Victory Road
And now Im serving Celebi a la mode

The beats, they be boucin and that diss, bon apeitite!

Alright Celebi, what's you gotta say about that? Are you gonna Psyshock or wave?

I agree wholeheartedly with mattj, you can never run out of material and rap styles change with the beat and flow, etc especially for any one tourney.

However, since we didn't specify this and a lot of users expressed their wish to try repping someone else, I think it's OK if we let those who want to choose a second mon in keeping with the pokemon theme of double battles. However:

1) You only get to choose another mon in the addition to the one you've already chosen and you can only alternate between the two

2) You need to announce which mon your using before the round ends or during the voting period, otherwise if you qualify for later rounds your mon will be the last represented

3) You cannot choose a mon(s) selected by other players.
So then... Who do people choose to rap against if they have two different pokemon that they're free to change between? Do they have to pick one at the start of each round, or what?

I really don't understand why we can't just pick a different pokemon at the start of each round if we want to.

As I've said, sure the material changes with the new opponent, but these raps usually have two components to them: The self-praise and the dissing. You can only do so much with each pokemon. Allowing us to switch lets us choose a new perspective and have new things to rap about when it comes to our pokemon, and it doesn't just become entirely dissing the other pokemon.

There's also plenty of material to play around, because the same things can be said in different ways, there is no wai your gonna use up all the material for one pokemon in a single tournament and your opponent changes each round.

Hmm... I guess I'll reserve another pokemon then! Besides the killer hercules rhino beetle, I'm putting my boy dusclops into the crew!

Look I'm sorry, I haven't much time to record, and I've been busy. I'll post my lyrics and,(hopefully) the song if I can manage to do that, tomorrow at around 3:00Pm, maybe I'll just do the let people's imagination run wild by posting the beat and the lyrics or whatever it was.

I think my new member will be Lucario, or if we are allowed to have pokemon that have rapped in the past, Garchomp

When are we voting?

Yeah, my little cousins came over and long story short I'm going to have to get something new to record with, which I can almost guarantee can be done in time for use in round 2.

So anyway here's the lyrics/instrumental and let your imagination run wild:

Name: GARCHOMP
Victim: magikarp (ain't nothing magic about him)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XOvybIcXHaw[/FONT]
[
Time to take you down!

This little fish splashing up and down in the sea
Thinks he and his bounce can take care of me!

What you gonna do, I ain’t afraid of no carp!
I’ll cut you in two with my scythes cause that shit is sharp
I can fly at mach speed, I got scythes on my arms
Your stupid tackle or flail doesn’t do any harm

Look at weak little you, can’t take a hit
I got base 108 hp now that’s the shit!
Electric types give you a nasty surprise
But when they see me they got fear in their eyes
You just die from thunderbolt and complain about your loss
I crush them with earthquake like a goddamn boss!

A water type who can’t learn surf, now that’s just a fail
Yet I learn that AND aqua tail
It’s not very effective but it can still 2KO
I’ll beat you down like a pimp beats a ho!

I’m too good for OU; I’m in ubers just so you know
You’re stuck back down there in wimpy LC
And your usage number’s so low it doesn’t even show
You wish you had mine cause I’m up there at 23!

So next time you die from staryu or ferroseed
I’ll be killing Palkia and taking down your lead!
Now get out of here, because I’m ending this song!
Go back to being useless which is where you belong!

ROUND ONE

ButteredToast (Blaziken) VS ChillMurray (Pikachu)

Here We Go!

The Lyrics
Yeah. Uh huh.
Young Money Nigga.
Alright, I’m going in.

Before I spit my bars, I’d advise you to back out
I’ll shut you down bitch; you can call me the blackout
Call me fucking Josh Beckett because I’m throwing a shutout.
This the heat in my kitchen bitch; you might want to get out

Bitch, how you achieved greatness might need some inspection
Nigga, I hear you need a thunderstone to get an erection
You see while you were out styling on Super Smash Brothers
I was hitting the gym and making sweet love to your mother

I’m too fucking fast, so now I spar with the Gods
Yet you’re still stuck in NU, fighting all the frauds
But I suppose you like beating up weeds like Oddish
One week in my league and your ass would be demolished

You see, your fly and your surf will have little effect.
Cause first turn I’ll raise my speed up with protect.
No respect. It’s child neglect.
Before I have the chance to smash your face in, you’ll probably disconnect.

My punches couldn’t be quicker if my last name was Ali
I’d punt you so far, you’d land in the South China Sea
And look, you see. You’re entire family tree.
Asked me to sign a copy of my first CD.

Who the fuck are you anyways?
Bitch, I don’t get all the hype.
Fucker, I’m Blazey F. Baby.
And the “F” stands for fire type.

Ha ha. Peace out (BAN ME PLEASE)s.

I had to improvise on the delivery, so I kind of lost my beat, but just in case you were wondering, I intended to rap it to this beat. Doesn't really flow with the CG voice, but I guess you can imagine...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)