Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Wait a minute, Kecleon isn't soloing Wallace, he's soloing Juan. That means that you can solo the champion.

I'll leave you to choose between having a Spoink or a Slaking.

@ChinChillers: I was going to give you a Meditite, but no Meditite in Emerald. :O If you wanna take the Slaking, I won't bother with typing Jewel's backstory up, but if you want Jewel, I'll get started.

You wish lol.

But seriously, feel free to try, it's just that it might not be as useful as Slaking, which provides the power he desperately needs.
Um, Chin already has a Blaziken and an Aggron, both are good physical Pokemon. If anything (s)he needs a specially based powerhouse.

Okay, here's what my contribution was gonna be.

ChinChillers, you get Jewel the Spoink. Now, Jewel was always a small fry, the smallest Spoink in the Jagged Pass. Now, since she was always so small, the other Spoink made fun of her frequently, which greatly diminished Jewel's confidence. Because of this, Jewel can't use any moves above 80 BP, and she must switch out after any battle with a Psychic-type. In order to evolve, she must defeat 10 or more Trainer-owned Psychic types to show that small is powerful, and to get over the torment of being teased by her own kind, she must solo Tate & Liza's Grumpig, which will unlock Jewel's full powers.

Recap:
Catch a female Spoink, name her Jewel
Due to teasing, Jewel can't use moves above 80 BP
Must always switch out after KO'ing opponent
To evolve, must solo 10 (or more) Trainer-owned Psychic Pokemon
Defeat Tate & Liza's Grumpig ALONE to unlock full BP potential (Since the battle is double battle, if anyone besides Jewel damages Grumpig, must reset. Confusion and statuses are fine.)

Tell me how you like it, and if you want to accept, that's fine, if not, no biggie. :)

Dammit StallMandibuzz, I was planning an amazing Wobbuffet challange for Chinchillers. Eh, what the hell. I'll still give it to you.
Also, neither Tate nor Liza have a Grumpig. In R/S, they have a Solrock and Lunatone, and in Emerald they have Xatu, Claydol, Solrock, and Lunatone. Just saying.

ChinChillers, you get: “Why Not?” the Wynaut. This Wynaut is from the mystery egg that you get in Lavaridge Town, or however you spell it. However, it’s very special as its father was Jessie’s Wobbuffet, yes THE JESSIE FROM TEAM ROCKET’S WOBBUFFET. It has an eternal grudge against all Electric-types, and must solo all that you encounter, whether from trainers or wild encounters.

As Wynaut starts out with Splash, Charm, and Encore, it can’t attack at all. You may NOT, under any circumstances, give it the EXP. SHARE as that wouldn’t be using Wynaut to its full potential. Instead, have it Encore a Status move before switching out to another Pokémon (to gain exp.).

Wynaut learns Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, and Destiny Bond at Level 15. It may not evolve then; you have to KO 10 opponents with Destiny Bond, and successfully KO 5 opponents with Mirror Coat and 5 opponents with Counter. It may evolve now. Rename “Why not?” to “Bobblehead.”

Wobbuffet has amazing HP, and wants to take advantage of it. If any members of your team fall into RED HP, Wobbuffet must come in and KO the opponent Pokémon after restoring your injured Pokémon to at least half health.

Wobbuffet now hates Dark-types as Mirror Coat won’t reflect their Special attacks back at them. It must face every Dark-type it sees and KO them all with either Counter or Destiny Bond.

It must KO Tate and Liza’s Solrock and Claydol by using Counter on their Earthquakes. Also, have it solo Juan’s Crawdaunt (or however it’s spelled) just for the lols. You’ll CRY, seriously.

It hates Sidney for being a master of Dark-types so it must solo his Crawdaunt and Absol, because they use mostly Physical attacks.

Finally, if you go past the Elite Four, it must KO Groudon with Mirror Coat and Kyogre with Counter. Enjoy your Scramblemon!

The challange:
The story:
To start off my adventure I picked a Chimchar as my first Pokemon and named it Chimney, but I quickly swapped him out for a Starly that I found in the grass on Route 201. The Starly's name is Fierce. I notice that Fierce has a love for battling, flying, and he is incredibly brave. I also notice that Fierce is a relatively low level and I level him up a few times to boost his power. I was very impressed with Fierce's speed and attack, however his defenses had me worried in a few situations. Fierce swept right through Route 202. When I reached Jubilife City, an odd man gave me an advanced watch. When I attempted to leave Jubilife city, my old friend and rival, Roy, approached me and asked to battle. I accepted. Roy's Starly was no chance for Fierce.
-Fierce used Wing Attack and brought Starly into the red.
-Starly used Growl....
-1 Quick Attack and Starly was done.
Roy's Piplup was no issue either.
-Fierce used Wing Attack and brought Piplup into the Yellow.
-Piplup used Tackle, bringing down Fierce's HP 5 points.
-1 more Wing Attack sealed the deal.
After the battle I was surprised when Fierce wanted to evolve. I let him evolve and his power just grew even more. A strange hiker gave me a HM called Rock Smash, so I promptly caught an Onix, named him Smash, and taught him Rock Smash. I then arrived at Oreburgh city and I was informed that there was a Gym in town! I headed straight for it but Roy was there and told me that the Gym Leader had gone to the mine. I went down to the mine and found the Gym Leader, Roark, just staring at a wall for some reason. He went back to the Gym and I went to the Pokecenter and healed Fierce for the battles to come. To my surprise, 2 trainers were guarding Roark, so I defeated them, went back and healed Fierce, and prepared for the battle to come. I knew it would be difficult seeing as Roark was the master of Rock types and none of my moves were very effective on his Pokemon. He also had Rock moves which would knock Fierce right out of the sky, but Fierce showed no fear and took the challenge.
-Roark sent out Geodude as I sent out Fierce. Fierce intimidated Geodude and lowered his attack.
-Fierce used Double Team 6 times in a row to prevent a devastating Rock move from hitting.
-While Fierce was raising his evasiveness, Geodude hit 3 Rock Throws, knocking, Fierce into the red and set up a layer of Stealth Rocks.
-I used 2 potions to heal Fierce, as I knew 1 more Rock Throw would crush him. I then used 2 special items that I found on Fierce. A X.Attack and a X.Defend, I figured that the attack boost would help because Wing Attack wasn't very effective on Rock-types. The X-Defend would help him if he got hit.
-Geodude's Rock Throw kept missing while Fierce used Wing Attack 3 times.
-Roark used a potion to heal Geodude and Fierce used Wing Attack 3 more times for the knock out.
-Then Onix came in. I was scared for Fierce, but Fierce didn't even bat an eye.
-Onix used Screech and lowered Fierce's defenses, Fierce used Wing Attack, doing little damage.
-Onix uses Rock Throw for awhile and keeps missing while Fierce lands 5 Wing Attacks.
-Roark uses a potion and Fierce uses some more Wing Attacks to finish off the job.
-In comes the juggernaut, Cranidos.
-Fierce swoops in and lands a Critical Hit Wing Attack bringing Cranidos to about half health while Cranidos misses his Headbutt.
-Fierce lands another Wing Attacks while Cranidos longed for the ability to actually hit is opponent.
-In a final flash of glory, Fierce gracefully swoops down from above and knocked out his opponent.
Roark didn't know what hit him. Devastated and confused, he hands over the Coal Badge. I shake Roark's hand me and Fierce leave the Gym, not a scratch on him.

The team:
Listed from MVP through LVP (Miscellaneous Pokemon are not included)

Fierce the Staravia (Wobbanaut)
level 17
Double Team
Tackle
Quick Attack
Wing Attack
As the only Pokemon on my team, he his the LVP and the MVP. He hits hard and fast. I'm starting to really like Fierce after his immense bravery displayed at the Oreburgh Gym.

So did you guys like it? Also, how did I make images smaller?
Criticisms and feedback is always appreciated!

Rofl, that Wobbuffet looks considerably worse then my Shuckle. o-O But I don't want any changes, and I'm already underway in my journey, so it's all set in stone. :P Will update once I get somewhere, have been a bit busy with stuff.

@Hwang: And alright, that looks fine, Calm has to solo all of Candice's Pokemon but the Abomasnow for it to evolve.

@ RBZW

Um, why are you throwing in a Wobbuffet? I don't recall Chin asking for a hard challenge and Wobbuffet is a rather crappy Pokemon that can be handled easily. Toxic anyone?

Okay Chin, take Power the Electrike. Power wants to be a powerful pokemon, but has been held back. For now, Power cannot use moves with more than 70 BP. However, this can be changed. First of all, solo Wattson(Power's idol, btw). Second of all, have Random select 3 of Power's moves with Metronome. Thirdly, solo your rival on the way to Fortree. Finally, win 3 contestes in different categories with Power. After this, Power has achieved full power, and can use any BP of a move. Power can evolve after deafeating Team Magma, keeping Power in the lead spot at all times when battling them on the Mountain. Power may never leave your party, as otherwise his power levels would go down. Finally, Power must show the world his power, and solo 1 E4 member and 1 other gym leader using at least 1 STAB move. Good luck!

I haven't done it yet and since I only have one 5th gen game, I'll keep my old file and start a new one without saving.
I'll probably do it in the Easter holiday but I may do it sooner.
Either way, I'll put a link in my sig when I start
I'm hoping you get your new Black or White game by then. If it's White, you don't need to worry about trading Pokémon; you can just start it on the new White.

I'm hoping you get your new Black or White game by then. If it's White, you don't need to worry about trading Pokémon; you can just start it on the new White.
I'm not getting a new game. I'm just starting a second file on it.
I'm starting on my 100th post
Edit: you have 10x as many posts as me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!

Chapter 6 of my scramble is up. It's even longer than the last one (by about 600 words).

As always, feedback is appreciated.

The journey takes a dark turn
Part 1
Part 2
-Gwen’s Audio Journal, March 12th, 2012
I don’t like being stuck in a hospital, the place is too white. Anyways aside from being stuck in here ‘till tomorrow morning nothing new to tell you. How N knew I had a recorder on me I do not wish to know, creepy little bugger. I did see what Pokémon he gave me. It was a Yamask. He will come in handy for my fight with Elisia.
---
-Gwen’s Audio Journal, March 13, 2012
(music plays)
SHEESH! I barely made it out with a badge on that one! N’s Yamask actually was a huge help from burning the infamous Emolga twins, unfortunately he got knocked out from a Pursuit attack as I switched him out. I sent out Snap next and she knocked out both Emolgas, the first one fell to a critical Fake Out and Flame Charge while the other one fell to a Work Up boosted Faint Attack. This is where the battle started go downhill. I sent out Seismic as Elisia sent out her Zebstrika, whom had a loop earring. I had Seismic use Dig, but a critical hit from Volt Switch nearly knocked him out! After that it Seismic with Flame Charge, and a flaming zebra is a pretty scary sight to see, and he went down. I sent out Inferno after that and had him use his Flame Charge to finish her off, but Elisia used a potion on her Zebstrika to heal it! Another critical Volt Switch brought down Inferno! At this point I was worried. I sent out Swanton and had him use Leech Seed. He barely survived getting hit with Flame Charge. I used my next turn to heal the damage Snap had taken as Swanton fell to Quick Attack. As I sent out Snap my palms were sweaty. Snap looked at me with her nonchalant look as if to say, don’t worry kid. She did her famous Fake Out once more and landed yet another critical hit! What is with those things and popping up everywhere anyway? After that Zebstrika rammed into Snap with Spark doing some damage, but Snap pulled out Dig from the Assist jar! Not only did I get to see a cat become a shovel, but that got in two turns of healing from Leech Seed and did a good a lot of damage! Zebstrika then nearly brought Snap down with another Volt Switch, so it was all down to this last Assist. I crossed my fingers and prayed that fate was on my side today. Snap did her thing and then lunched at the Zebstrika and bit its leg hard enough to knock it out! I ran up and hugged my exhausted kitty and stroked her as she purred. That cat has never made me prouder! After I won I came out of the gym and N was there. He held his hand out and I knew he wanted his Yamask back so I gave it to him. Kid left without a word.
---
Had another battle with Cheren at route five. Everyone on the team had some fun in taking out his team. His Pidove evolved but that’s the only change. Then I met Alder. –squeal- He’s so cool! Oh, ahem. Sorry, I got a little carried away. I just have to say that Alder is my idol. He respects his Pokémon and treats them like real people, but he’s also so powerful. Plus his Volcarona is amazing, so beautiful and yet such a powerhouse!
---
Awesome! I got another Pokémon on my team! She is Tide the Ducklet. I had her out for a few battles and she has problems just like everyone on this team. She only uses water type moves. She’s also a little shrimpy but at least I got a water type. Besides, it’s not like she thinks she’s a monkey.
---
Freaking Plasma has to be a pain in the flank everywhere I go! I was all ready for a gym battle but I gotta find them in Driftval City first. Note to self, kick N in the balls.
---
Well I didn’t find any Plasma flank to kick but I participated in a triple battle. I will say that I am genuinely worried for Seismic. He tried to snap the neck of my opponent’s Krokorok. I was planning on getting therapy for Swanton, but he’s happy with being a swan. Seismic is the one that needs therapy, or at least anger management classes.
---
N-n-n-note to self-f-f-f-f, buy a j-j-j-jacket.
---
Brr! I’m all for chilling out but the cold storage was too cold! After searching for three minutes I found nine members of Team Plasma, one being a sage, with Cheren. He beat half of them while I gladly took out the rest. Clay, the leader here with a harsher accent than Applejack herself, had the goons arrested. FINALLY those jerks get what they deserve!
---
Aw man, Ghestis bailed out those guys! Oh well, it’s gym time!
---
(music plays)
I thought Seismic had problems before… but I didn’t see this coming. I should mention that I tend to have everyone in my team out when I challenge a gym. When Clay sent out his Krokorok Seismic jumped out to challenge it in no uncertain terms. I was hesitant, but I didn’t want to turn him down. This was a mistake. Clay had his Krokorok use Swagger on Seismic. This is where things turned scary. A roar came from the Scraggy as it used both of its hands to try to crush Krokorok’s skull with Brick Break. I suggested that we should stop but Clay just sent out his Palpitoad. Seismic was infuriated and sent his Brick Break straight into the poor toad’s back. I thought I heard the snapping of bone. I really wanted to stop. I tried to return Seismic to his Pokeball but he darted out of the way and looked back at me. His expression was that of hate, pure hate that I have never seen before and I never hope to see again. Clay sent out his Excadrill to be slaughtered. Seismic grabbed the mole and threw it into the ground and proceeded to beat it up. Clay returned his Pokémon but Seismic wanted more. I ran up to him and he punched me in the leg and broke it. I had Inferno use Arm Thrust and Snap use Fake Out to knock him out. Clay gave me the badge because I had the guts to take down my own berserk Pokémon. He said to meet him at route six. I’ll do that after I get my crutches. I’m not giving up Seismic though. I just need to keep him away from ground type Pokémon.
---
Bianca stopped by and gave me an HM for Fly. Of course she asked about the cast on my leg. I told her that I fell badly and she bought it. She told me that her Munna evolved into a Musharna. It always feels good to talk with her.
---
Clay had to clear a Galvantula web to let me into Chargestone Cave. I just hope I don’t run into a Galvantula, those things are creepy. Well, here I go!
---
I suddenly feel very unsafe. I was hobbling down on my crutches when two men appeared out of thin air! I was really scared and they told me to follow them. I did as told and they led me to N. He was, and I quote, very sorry about my leg. He told me that I was chosen for something, but he wanted to test me first. He went off leaving me alone. I am actually scared that the men known he called The Shadow Triad will come to slit my throat.
---
Those Shadow Triad men showed up again. It’s always frightening when they do. They pointed me in the direction I need to go though. I better prepare for battle.
---
As terrifying as The Shadow Triad is, the rest of Team Plasma is still a complete joke even with crutches. Snap has gotten herself knocked out a few times, but I got a few Revives and she’s proven her worth with Elisia.
---
N challenged me to another battle. I wish I could say it went normally, but I would be lying. He sent out his Krokorok against Seismic and I feared for the worst. Seismic didn’t go berserk but he did try to stomp on the crocodile’s neck. N recalled his Pokémon before that happened. After the battle he taunted me saying that Seismic wouldn’t be this way if he had trained him. This royally pissed me off. I let him know that there was no possible way for either of us to know what had happened to this Scraggy in the past that made him like that. If I have to deal with a Scraggy with nothing but hatred for ground types, so be it.

The team
Inferno the Pignite (Lv. 34)
The only normal Pokemon on Gwen's team, if a bit stubborn. A strong competitor with the will to fight, he's often a big help. Gwen appreciates his contributions very much.
(challenges: Can only use attacks, must solo Skyla's Unfezant and Marshal.)

Snap the Liepard (Lv. 31)
Despite Snap only using Fake Out and Assist she's proven to be a great member of the team. With high amounts of luck, she has conquered Elisia as Gwen's last hope. While Snap tends to get knocked out more than the rest of the team, she often leaves a nice dent that someone can use to finish the Pokemon.
(challenges: Can only use Fake Out, Assist, and Sucker Punch, must max out Assist's and Sucker Punch's PP ASAP, and must solo Shaunti.)

Swanton the Pansage (Lv. 31)
Swanton thinks he's a swan, but other than that he's ok. While not contributing much, Gwen figures it's just due to not being evolved. She wishes he would just let her touch him with a Leaf Stone. His Leech Seed has proved invaluable at times. For some reason he wants to hold items all the time.
(challenges: Must hold an item to use Acrobatics and must solo Skyla's Swanna before evolving.)

Seismic the Scraggy (Lv. 34)
With a clear hatred to ground types, Gwen wonders what happened to Seismic. Despite the anger problem, Seismic is a great member of the team being a great tank and attacker. Gwen just hopes that the anger can be fixed before something truly horrible happens.
(challenges: Must keep Dig, no Hi Jump Kick, goes under Taunt and Block against ground types or if hit by ground type attacks.)

Tide the Ducklett (Lv. 31)
Tide hasn't seen much use, but she's new to the team so she still has time to show her worth. For some reason she will only use her water type moves, which confuses Gwen.
(challenges: Can only use water type moves till evolution, evolution delayed to level 45, must have at least 1 water and 1 flying type move after evolving, must solo Caitlin.)

Soloing Clay was much easier than I thought it would be, I only had to heal Seismic twice. Moxie was a pretty big boon.

@User 18: Multi is looking good :)

Metronome giving you any issues?

@Magic: So, Snap is pulling goodies out of the Assist bag? Or pulling out Fails?

Either way, great job!!

@Magic: So, Snap is pulling goodies out of the Assist bag? Or pulling out Fails?

Either way, great job!!
She's been a mixed bag so far. Prone to KOs from her frailty and sometimes won't pull out an attack. So far she's fainted the most but she's also KOed a good amount of Pokemon, plus it's hilarious to imagine her using Rollout, Arm Thrust, Dig, and HOLY CRAP INFERNO EVOLVED INTO EMBOAR JUST NOW!

@User 18: Multi is looking good :)

Metronome giving you any issues?
I've been pretty lucky with Metronome when I really needed it, but other than that it hasn't been all that useful. Clefairy's level-up movepool is kinda poor though - I'm holding out for Meteor Mash before I evolve. 7 more levels!

Hi guys, I'd really like to take up an Emerald Challange, but with one twist: all my Scramblemons must be based off Breaking Bad characters.

I'm not able to trade to evolve, I'd like medium or higher challanges, I don't necessarily have to use starters, but my first Pokemon (starter or something found on the first two routes) must be based off Walt, and I must have one based off Jesse before Roxanne. I'd like to have a team of at least 4 by Flannery, but no Pokemon later than the double-battle gym (the town name escapes me right now).

I'd really like some creativity in the challanges, and also I'd like all the Pokemon to be able to fully evolve, unless you can find some way to really relate it to a specific character.

Thanks in advance!

@MagicMissigno, I have to say I'm really loving your updates. The audio recording style is a brilliant idea and it works perfectly for updates like these. Your updates are really good and funny too, and I like the way that it doesn't take itself too seriously.

@User 18, Your updates are well written as always, but I'm noticing a disturbing trend. You know the concept of a "mary sue" in writting right? Well your character is showing a lot of signs of becoming one. Last chapter had you saving hundreds of people like it was no thing, and this chapter being the only one ever to win a tournament 6-0. Your character is constantly showered with praise from friends and foes alike. This is... just too much. I understand the games themselves do some of these things with making you so powerful and all, but you're kind of turning it up to eleven. I think you might want to dial back on that a bit; the self-indulgence is making it a little cringe -worthy to read.

As for my own update... yeah I've been doing a lot of other things. Haven't felt much desire to update it and the past couple days I've been really tired due to odd work hours and my own poor sleeping habits. I will continue it eventually, but it might not be for several days yet. I hope you guys don't mind waiting too much...

@MagicMissigno, I have to say I'm really loving your updates. The audio recording style is a brilliant idea and it works perfectly for updates like these. Your updates are really good and funny too, and I like the way that it doesn't take itself too seriously.
I went with that method because I don't want to put in the grinding, going all over the place, and every single trainer battle. I figured I might as well put a quirky teen with this ragtag team, and female protagonists are always more interesting than male protagonists. The humor comes naturally, although Snap's Assist certainly does help create amusing imagery at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)