NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

Alright, after looking through the thread, I think that although it provides an obvious target for the mafia, it was general consensus that the sun should claim. So that is what I am doing. I am the sun. My pm mentions that the moon is Leethoof. My ability allowed contact with him outside of the thread. If I die, the somewhat obvious effect happens, which is two night cycles. I have no items, and no, I did not transform into a wolf. So that kill came from somewhere else.

I would also like to say that at this point I cannot be very active due to finals currently going on, but I wanted to at least allow the village to have all the claims before being forced into the next night cycle. I will try to respond to anything and post some thoughts soon, but obviously finals come before mafia. After Friday I should be able to be much more active.

EDIT: Oh, and Pokemonrocks77 looks suspicious as hell. I am also wary of detroitlolcat. And the second kill last night sounds a lot more like executioner flavor that the kill on wickdaggler.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, after looking through the thread, I think that although it provides an obvious target for the mafia, it was general consensus that the sun should claim. So that is what I am doing. I am the sun. My pm mentions that the moon is Leethoof. My ability allowed contact with him outside of the thread. If I die, the somewhat obvious effect happens, which is two night cycles. I have no items, and no, I did not transform into a wolf. So that kill came from somewhere else.
Well then...
Sorry about that jumpluff @.@

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I’ve read through a good portion of the thread and have been writing down notes and stuff but I’m still not sure about a lot of things. So since everyone else has said so I would like to state my role is the Aristocrat and like all good upper class people I steal from the peasants. My flavour is that I steal items from houses and anything that would be unfashionable for a peasant to wear.

Looks like ask really lived up the lazy aristocrat life too, I’ll try to figure out what I should do, bear with me I have a final performance this saturday along with all sorts of projects.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
10 hours to deadline. If you'd like an extension, now'a the time to start asking.

Votecount
Pokemonrocks777 (2) - Crux, zorbees
jumpluff (1) - Pokemonrocks777
zorbees (1) - billymills

I would like to reiterate zorbees being scum. If PR flips scum I zorbees' vote shows a desperate attempt to be on the right side of the lynch here.

On the other hand, if PR's role is proven, then it demonstrates zorbees trying to get the lynch to go in PR's direction, not jumpluff's. If I (or anyone else) suddenly jumped on the jumpluff lynch, zorbees would be hard-pressed to defend her. This frees up her vote while still looking like a 2v1 lynch. We would need two votes to turn the lynch in her direction, which, given recent affairs, is nearly impossible.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would defend jumpluff because her actions have shown her to be town. I don't really understand how you got to the conclusion "no matter what pr777 is, zorbees is scum". As it currently stands, no one has really used their vote to choose an option besides testing pr777. I will obviously back off of him tomorrow if his mayor claim is proven, I just find it incredibly suspicious that he supposedly got a result indicating he was inspected. I don't see what is wrong with my line of thinking.

You're attacking him because he's unfit to defend himself. We had a way of proving his claim and you decided to mess with it. I'm pretty sure you had a reason to do this.

In related news, your claim depends on the 1/25 shot that wickdaggler protected the mafia target, or the insignificant chance that the mafia had no night 1 kill. We have yet to see any other reason that a night 1 kill could have been blocked.

To be fair, it's slightly more than 1/25, assuming that the mafia didn't random.org their kill and wick didn't random.org his protect...... lol

I feel a little uncomfortable with the lynch as it is after that conversation, billy.. Can we stick one more vote on each side?

@@Lynch pokemonrocks777@@

This frees up her vote while still looking like a 2v1 lynch.
Maybe I misunderstood your implication but why would I want my vote freed? Let's say I'm mafia with zorbees and he's attempting to protect me. zorbees is 10x more suspicious than I am to most people, so if anyone would be messing with the vote plan, it would be him. Unless he was acting independently, he wouldn't place an erratic vote like that when we'd have time to react...

Also, not sure if it would be really worth it if I were mafia to push the lynch in pr's direction, considering it ends on NL unless pr777 is a super mayor, unless we were very close to hammer. Even if he were super mayor, the tradeoff either way would be one mafia, no need to add to it.

At jumpluff's bequest, I will @@Lynch jumpluff@@ for the time being.

Also, while I don't disagree that zorbees's claim is nearly impossible to prove, I don't think we should agree to call him scum regardless of the outcome of this day. By that logic, we may as well lynch him right now.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There's also the chance that the mafia fired at wickdaggler. I'm done arguing about this though because this argument will just go in circles. Only I (and I suppose the mafia) know the real truth.

Additionally, I likely won't be around at deadline. Don't blame me if he is lynched. I'm keeping my vote on him because I think it'd be more suspicious if I removed my vote after you criticized me, and I expect people to answer jumpluff's call to put more votes on each side. I can unvote if you guys wish, I just don't really see the point.

@billy: I know this is going to sound like a weak defense, but it's probably the only one that makes sense. I am becoming increasingly frustrated regarding this game, especially over the prospect that I may be lynched for no fault of my own. I saw what I thought to be a scumtell and overreacted without thinking about the fact that if he was scum, my vote was unnecessary. I understand why you think it'd be scummy, but tbh I'm just pissed off about this game and not thinking too much about it. I just want it to end tbh.

EDIT: i think billymills' vote indicates he wants to lynch me today. If I was sure scum like he seems to think I am, it'd be a smart move to lynch me today, since it gets my night role out of the way one day earlier, especially if the sun dies and another night happens. However, I'm not scum lol, so his attempt to lynch a mafia is aimed at the wrong person

To be fair, it's slightly more than 1/25, assuming that the mafia didn't random.org their kill and wick didn't random.org his protect...... lol
I have a hard time believing the chance is significantly more than 2/25, (I overlooked the fact there's double target chance + bg protect chance). Still ~1/10 shot is extremely weak given the mafia would be looking for non-villager roles to claim that can't be proven.

I feel a little uncomfortable with the lynch as it is after that conversation, billy.. Can we stick one more vote on each side?

@@Lynch pokemonrocks777@@

I debated adding another vote myself. Sounds good.

Maybe I misunderstood your implication but why would I want my vote freed? Let's say I'm mafia with zorbees and he's attempting to protect me. zorbees is 10x more suspicious than I am to most people, so if anyone would be messing with the vote plan, it would be him. Unless he was acting independently, he wouldn't place an erratic vote like that when we'd have time to react...
Say I added a vote on you in my last post when the lynch was crux and you on pr777 and pr777 on you. If you and zorbees were both mafia zorbees could not react without making it obvious he was defending you. As it is after zorbees voted and you retracted, you would be able to counter an additional vote against yourself if necessary. Zorbees' vote would go overlooked because he acted preemptively.

Also, not sure if it would be really worth it if I were mafia to push the lynch in pr's direction, considering it ends on NL unless pr777 is a super mayor, unless we were very close to hammer. Even if he were super mayor, the tradeoff either way would be one mafia, no need to add to it.
I don't think this would happen either.

Well, maybe billymills does want to lynch him tomorrow. The difference between lynching zorbees tomorrow and lynching zorbees today is that we dis/prove pr777's ability today.
I have no interest in lynching zorbees today. We could create a lynch in which jumpluff or zorbees is lynched (pr votes for jumpluff, extra people vote for zorbees) which would lynch zorbees if pr's claim is false, but if pr's claim is false he's scum and we'd be better off lynching him anyway. I'd rather call out zorbees now and let whoever is alive tomorrow decide his fate.

lol billy I was just being pedantic, unlikelier things have happened but it's still obviously a tenuous claim ._. Also, I guess I just misunderstood what you were getting at, sorry! I thought you were talking about zorbees messing with the lynch. I understand what you meant now; that's fair enough. If you were debating adding a vote yourself, why did you not do so? You knew someone would respond to it :P

zorbees said:
Additionally, I likely won't be around at deadline. Don't blame me if he is lynched.
Assuming nobody fucks with the lynch, if he is lynched then that can only have been a good thing...

Kinda sad that we have to use a lynch like this, but I suppose it would've been a decent idea no matter who subbed in... and we may yet hit mafia...

Either way, we have our claims, we should try to discuss them tomorrow at least... Sun is fairly likely to be the Sun (I still am not so sure the Sun is the wolf but the Moon's death is likely to have been the trigger for the second kill?), but the Aristocrat is a little odder. It is extremely likely we have a thief and so I am treating him as clean, despite the weird rolename in context of the other nobility. Layell, who did (SoulTorrent/askaninjask/I forgot who you subbed in for) steal from the previous nights?

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Deadline was half an hour ago (was playing LoL)

Final Votecount
Pokemonrocks777 (3) - Crux, zorbees, jumpluff
jumpluff (2) - Pokemonrocks777, Dummy007
zorbees (1) - billymills

After a day of much back-and-forth, the consensus is that it's Pokemonrocks777's turn to die. As Crux, zorbees, and jumpluff surround the eccentric man, however, Walrein's ghost suddenly runs (floats?) into the square.

"WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!"

"According to my official secret votecount-o-hostness, there is actually a tie in the lynch! Because Pokemonrocks777 and jumpluff have received the same amount of votes, neither of them shall be slain today."

Grumbling about the SECOND tie lynch of the game, you head home for the day and [insert segue to night here].

Night 6 ends 47.5 hours from now, on March 24 at 6:30 PM CST.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)