Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
While the restriction's "any trainer that beats you" thing isn't exactly relevant in a Scramblocke since if a trainer beats me it might be game over, accepted. Although Sewaddle and Joltik mean it won't be sticking around for long :( come to think of it, every Bug-type in Unova has Bug as its primary typing.

While the restriction's "any trainer that beats you" thing isn't exactly relevant in a Scramblocke since if a trainer beats me it might be game over, accepted. Although Sewaddle and Joltik mean it won't be sticking around for long :( come to think of it, every Bug-type in Unova has Bug as its primary typing.

Oh sorry, didn't think about that, haven't had much sleep :(

If you want to remove that idc

Articblast, catch yourself a Ducklett and name him Chance.
This Ducklett is a bit of a gambler, so his strategy in battle is entirely up to chance.
Every time he is sent out in a trainer battle, flip a coin.
If heads, you can only use Flying-type moves.
If tails, you can only use Water-type moves.

Good luck!

reserving Volt the Joltik

Volt is a very fast joltik (must have speed boosting nature). Now, Volt knows that it is fast, but it is still very insecure about it's speed, so it must always know string shot and electroweb. It must use one before attacking. Also, Volt is a tick, and as such, must always know bug bite. Bug bite must be used on humanoid pokemon. Feel free to put whatever you want in the last slot.

Now, in order for Volt to evolve, Volt must eat 5 berries using bug bite, and at least one of them must be off a trainer (if I may recommend, a gym leader would probably work best). Once Volt evolves, it is no longer insecure about it's speed, and so it must forget string shot and/or electroweb and replace it with electro ball. Since Volt is now a spider, Volt must now use either bug bite or electroweb(if you still have it) against other bug types.

Volt misses being a tick so solo the fighting type elite four member (whatever the heck his name is) to let Volt move on, and no longer need to use bug bite against humanoid pokemon.

have fun.

Reserving for Arcticblast.

EDIT: Take Integral the Elgyem.

Like me, Integral prefers to work with integers. It also happens to know a lot about type effectiveness and STAB. It wants to keep all its BP integral, because it absolutely hates fractions. Therefore, any move it has must have a Base Power divisible by 4, to ensure that the BP stays integral even against 4x resists. Any STAB it has must have a BP divisible by 8, because the STAB multiplier is 3/2, adding an extra factor of two that must be compensated for. When Integral evolves, it realizes that in Pokemon, everything is rounded down, so it cannot hope to make anything integral. With that said, it gets into a rage, and it must solo 1 Elite Four member's Pokemon. After that, it has no more restrictions.

Ok, Articblast, here is Big Banks the Zigzagoon:

Trade Big Banks in ASAP!!

As his name suggests, Big Banks likes money. As such, you must sell any and all items that his ability Picks Up. Big Banks knows that if he holds an item, his ability will not work. Big Banks cannot hold any items. Big Banks can evolve after you have collected 20,000 PokeDollars using ony the money gained by the selling of Big Banks' items. After evolution, you and Big banks have a choice to make:

A). Give Big Banks the Amulet Coin forever.
B). Continue your previous path of never holding items.

Big Banks has become a greedy b****** and wants to use your battles to gain more cash. In all major battles, Big Banks is to appear first. You may switch him at any time, but he has to appear in order to collect the money. Teach Big banks Protect to defend his stash from being robbed. Teach him Slash so he can cut the coin bags and purses open. He is a cold-hearted coward now, so when his health gets in the red, switch out instantally.

Big Banks wants to help you with your journey and knows that money must pave the way. Keep selling those items like you always do. Teach Big Banks Surf so that he can help you anywhere. Big Banks also likes Diging for treasure, so teach him that. Remember, no held items for Big Banks!!

Grabbing a pokemon for ArcticBlast. Will edit later.

EDIT: Take Subject X the male/genderless (pokemon of your choice goes here). Subject X was experimented on by Cipher in an attempt to create a super pokemon during the Shadow Pokemon Project. In fact, he was one of many pokemon who were imprisoned in the same laboratory as XD001, and this is where your problems begin. XD001 psychologically damaged many pokemon in the lab, forcing many to become Shadow Pokemon, although Subject X managed to maintain his sanity. The problem came with the part of Subject X's mind that was damaged-his emotions. While he may not be a Shadow Pokemon, he has a complete lack of empathy, and does not understand how to raise his stats to finish off his opponents quickly and mercifully.

During Cipher's experiments, it also injected many of its test subjects with experimental, highly volatile steroids, and Subject X was no exception. Unfortunately, the steroids almost universally damaged the intelligence of the test subjects, but, interestingly enough, did harm based on how powerful the test subject was. In your case, the brain damage was undocumented, so you'll have to do the calculation yourself. Basically, subtract Subject X's Base Stat Total from 600 to get your answer, and then redo the calculation each time he evolves, if ever. The result is the maximum total base power of the moves that Subject X may have at 1 time.

If you need help with the second part, just ask me via VM or PM. Have fun!

Reserving a lillipup for arcticblast

Lilly the female lillipup

Lily tries to help... but isn't very good at it. If she is killed, she stays alive using unknown resources... but they stop after skyla. She must evolve... 7 levels late. She can use a lifeline to stop someone dying... but if she does that, she loses the lower right moveslot then lower left etc. She can get rid of one restriction from any scramblemon... but if you use it, that Pokemon loses a moveslot. She must solo Victory Road... but dies during it.

My prose update is coming along, albeit rather slowly due to a combination of university work and my other writing project. I'll get it done when I can, but in the meantime, I'm just going to go ahead and leave the following two things here:

From left to right:
Oldie, Fiddle, Confused, Sophie, Lola, Purify, Can'tdoit

Ordered from LVP to MVP.

Can'tdoit (Lv54 Piplup) @ Shiny Stone
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Ability: Torrent
Moveset: Pound | Growl | Peck | Mist
Final Stats: 142 / 67 / 88 / 82 / 73 / 75

I gave him the stone to keep him happy. He's been an interesting little guy, to say the least. As I've said before though, the team wouldn't have been the same without him.

One point of interest was that he actually somehow survived a Focus Blast from Alakazam. He basically got used as healfodder afterwards, but still pretty neat.

Lola (Lv49 Lopunny) @ Quick Claw
Nature: Gentle (+Def, -SpD)
Ability: Cute Charm
Moveset: Return | Agility | Baton Pass | Charm
Final Stats: 141 / 90 / 83 / 67 / 124 / 135

Lola definitely became more of a support Pokémon than a direct attacker, which is the only real reason she's ranked this low; she helped the team more times than I could count between Charm and AgiliPass. Return put a very nice dent indeed into anything that didn't resist it, though in general I used Baton Pass straight away after an Agility boost.

Fiddle (Lv49 Kricketune) @ Amulet Coin
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Ability: Swarm
Moveset: X-Scissor | Rock Smash | Strength | Aerial Ace
Final Stats: 153 / 114 / 61 / 70 / 62 / 80

Turns out that with a couple of X items on him, Fiddle was perfectly capable of sweeping Bertha. Including a Rhyperior. Not going to lie, that battle was awesome. A blast to use, even if his attacks weren't always as powerful as I might have liked.

Purify (Lv53 Medicham) @ Mind Plate
Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)
Ability: Pure Power
Moveset: Brick Break | Calm Mind | Psychic | Ice Punch
Final Stats: 143 / 87 (* 2 = 174) / 94 / 99 / 89 / 103

The closest thing I had to a special sweeper, though admittedly Oldie's SpA wasn't far off Purify's. Still, the immediate power of Brick Break combined well with the boosts a Calm Mind provided, especially if an Agility had been passed across first. Had a decent number of OHKOs from him, so I'm pretty happy with his performance.

Confused (Lv52 Lucario) @ Shell Bell
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -SpD)
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset: Rock Smash | Swords Dance | Double Team | Toxic
Final Stats: 152 / 150 / 109 / 133 / 79 / 123

Even a wall Lucario is an effective Lucario if this set is anything to go by. Double Team basically makes any attack into a 3HKO at the very worst, and when you've got a Swords Dance under your belt, nothing can afford to only get a 3HKO. A lot of fun to use, although it often took a while for the ball to get rolling. For immediate power, you just couldn't beat the MVP of the team…

Oldie (Lv54 Rampardos) @ King's Rock
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moveset: AncientPower | Substitute | Surf | Rock Climb
Final Stats: 181 / 209 / 83 / 93 / 69 / 83

The only thing I dislike about Oldie is his lacklustre Speed. Patching that up with an AgiliPass basically makes Oldie invulnerable; nowhere near as frail as I'd been led to believe, and an Attack stat bordering on ridiculous. Even if Rock Climb became locked off, he had a workable Special Attack and decent enough coverage to take his target down regardless. Throw in Substitute for an excellent safeguard against crits and status and you have yourself a winning Scramblemon.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty damn happy about this.

I'm definitely reserving for you when you're setting the Scramble up! ;3 ^_^ One more post to 666 posts D: I think I'll set Tetrinity's Pokèmon up for my 667th post. :3

Will we be seeing you do another scramble soon?
Absolutely. It's my 20th birthday this Friday, and I intend to spend it playing a copy of Pokémon White I'll hopefully be receiving (didn't want to erase my file on Black!). Normally I'd have just bought it myself, but I generally get banned from buying myself anything for the entire month of April... D:

I'll set up a post for the associated Scramble in a moment, just want to get rules figured out.

Pokémon White Scramble

Difficulty: Obnoxiously Difficult

- Six Scramblemons will be taken. HM slaves are allowed, although avoided wherever possible.
- No trading is possible, unfortunately.
- Backstory, backstory, backstory. I want to know just what caused your Scramblemon to become the way they are, because I will be doing a story from the beginning this time, and knowing these things ahead of time really, really helps. I will still be willing to take a Scramblemon without a backstory, but preference will be given to those who do.
- The only restrictions I am disallowing are restrictions that involve permanent death of a Scramblemon or being required to stay below a certain level when completing any particular task. Other than that, it's free game and I will not reject any Scramblemon that obeys these rules, unless it can be shown the restrictions are literally impossible or clash with another restriction.

1. Plasma the Larvesta (StallMandibuzz)
2. Grim the Lillipup (King Serperior)
3. BATMAN! the Snivy (Skyshayde)
4. Firefighter the Sewaddle (Jimera0)
5. CDIMKII (Can'tdoit Mk II) the Darumaka (AOPSUser)
6. Error404 the Patrat (Arceustar)

I am so going to regret doing this, huh.

Pokémon White Scramble

Difficulty: Obnoxiously Difficult

- Six Scramblemons will be taken. HM slaves are allowed, although avoided wherever possible.
- No trading is possible, unfortunately.
- Backstory, backstory, backstory. I want to know just what caused your Scramblemon to become the way they are, because I will be doing a story from the beginning this time, and knowing these things ahead of time really, really helps. I will still be willing to take a Scramblemon without a backstory, but preference will be given to those who do.
- The only restrictions I am disallowing are restrictions that involve permanent death of a Scramblemon or being required to stay below a certain level when completing any particular task. Other than that, it's free game and I will not reject any Scramblemon that obeys these rules, unless it can be shown the restrictions are literally impossible or clash with another restriction.

I am so going to regret doing this, huh.
Reserving a starter

This is going to be fun

Take BATMAN! the Snivy

As he was abused as a Childegg he became THE MASKED AVENGER! BATMAN! He must solo all pokemon in the Black, and Gray color groups, as well as all dark type pokemon. as he believes Grimsley is a villain he must solo Grimsley. If a pokemon uses Thief he must switch in and solo that pokemon. As he believes Team Plasma is evil, as they steal pokemon he must solo 30 Team Plasma pokemon before the elite 4. If you miss some, solo Shauntal. It believes Psychic types are perfect, and must never fight Psychic type pokemon. To evolve to Servine, must solo N in Acummula town, to evolve to Serperior, solo Skyla. Because I want to be sadisticI can, solo THE ENTIRE GAME!Bryce

I''m going to eat, i'll work on it some more after.

Oh, you are SO getting something from me Tetrinity. Just give me a few minutes...

EDIT:

You get Firefighter the Sewaddle. Oh yes, you know where this is going *evil laugh*
So yeah, this Sewaddle once saved his little wee family of other Sewaddle from a fire in Pinwheel forrest by covering it with String Shot! Or so he thinks... truth is that a squad of actual firefighters put out the blaze while standing behind him and he thought that water was his String Shot. Poor dumb fool. Anyway, he has heard how deadly fire is to his kind, but he... defeated it! He must be a super special AWESOME Sewaddle! He must be a FIREFIGHTER! And so, he tries to fight any fire type you come across. If a fire type move ever gets used, by a fire type or not, he must switch in and attempt to solo the Pokemon. Thankfully when attempting this he's at his strongest and most confident, and has no restrictions, except that he must have String Shot at all times (he thinks that's how he beat it the first time right?). If he faints when fighting a fire type, he must be immediately revived so he can try again, until you either defeat the fire type or run out of revives. As for when he's not fighting fire types... well he's a bit of a slouch, so he doesn't really feel like fighting anything other than fires. They're not hot enough for him you know? So he acts like he has the ability Traunt whenever he's fighting a non-fire type. Finally, he must be ever vigilant about the danger of forest fires, and as such you can never put him in the PC in case he should miss out on a fire.

I won't force you to actually USE string shot against fire types, because that'd be just mean. Anyway, enjoy your challenge and good luck... you're going to need it!

Good luck, you are SO going to need it.

Tetrinity, you get ______ the Larvesta. Now, this Larvesta was kidnapped by Team Plasma as an egg, and it was experimented on by Plasma scientists. When you save the egg from the P2 Laboratory, it hatches shortly after, and it's evident that this Larvesta is pretty fucked up. First off, it is very hostile towards other Pokèmon, so it cannot be in a double or triple battle, or it will attack its' teammates. Second off, it doesn't know how to use Physical attacks very well, so it can only have one Physical attack, which it can only use every three turns. It also doesn't know of its' severe weakness to Rock-types, so it can't switch out from any Rock-types. In addition, until it evolves, it can't use any moves above 80BP, and it must solo Cheren at least once in order to evolve, although it'll need to solo him every time after you gain it. Unfortunately, once it evolves, it is still evident that it's messed up, although its' BP issue is lifted to 100, with the trade-off that it can now only use one Special move. It also needs to solo Marshal. Have fun. O.o

Omg, 666 posts! Dun dun dunnnnnn!

Reserving an obnoxiously hard Pokemon for Tetrinity.

EDIT: You get CDIMKII (Can'tdoit Mark II) the Darumaka.

Sound easy? Well, Darumaka is a Fire-type. He wants to stick with Fire-type moves. Therefore, he must only have one non-Fire type attacking move. Sound easy still? Well, he has some weird syndrome where he thinks he'll be walled hard by Skarmory, so he is going to stick with Special attacking. Any Physical attack Darumaka learns must be under 60 BP and must not be Fire-type. You think you can just stick him in the Daycare? Too bad. You have to solo Skyla's whole team, including Swanna, with Fire-type Special attacks, for fear that Skarmory is on her team. I'll be nice. I'll let you evolve it after that solo. However, if you do evolve it, you must now solo Opelucid Gym (excluding Drayden), as well as Reshiram once, with only a Fire-type Special move, and it must be the same one throughout.

So Darumaka was descended from Can'tdoit the Piplup, its 10x great-grandfather. Its 6x great-grandmother was abducted by the recently disbanded Pokemon Pinchers form Oblivia. While getting chased by the Rangers Ben and Summer riding Latios and Latias, respectively, they dropped Seviper into the ocean, where it was rescued by a Lapras and brought to Unova. Grim's past form was a Lillipup at this time, and Darumaka's 4x great-grandfather, another Seviper, killed Grim the Lillipup's last form during a Nuzlocke. Then, that Seviper took a female Darmanitan as a mate. Now, Grim hates your Darumaka, and every time they go in battle together, they try to kill each other.

GLHF. (Well OK I can't say the HF part.)

Reserving a lillipup for tetrinity
I already have a Lillipup reserved, sorry. I'll keep the reservation for you to change to a different Pokémon if you like, though.

I'm loving what you guys have come up with so far. One question; Jimera, how might I go about emulating Firefighter's Truant?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)