Sunday Mafia - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok, just read through the whole thread again and got a few comments to make.

If the scum truly due have a silencer and a killer then it would be extremely poor balance to allow them both to be used every night since the silence is almost like a second kill in a NOC game. Therefore I think that the scum either can't kill every night or the silence doesn't exist and its just DLE not posting. I checked his last online time and it was about 3 hours ago, so he is definitely still checking the thread.

Agrape... ugh

You help the Walrein lynch and then try to force one on VB. I honestly don't see VB being scum at this point (which is why I took my vote off of him yesterday) and now you are trying to lynch him again without much concrete reasoning. As von said, no one has brought up a legit reason to lynch VB. I also think that the grammar idea is stupid and you have made less contributions that I have so far! (which is saying something). I have absolutely no problem lynching you because the best defense for yourself that you can come up with is to claim "vanillager" and then when pressured repeat it with the statement that you give up and are villager. That has to be the shittiest defense I have ever heard. If you do flip villager then it sucks, but at least we lost someone who is easily influenced by the mafia and if you are scum (which I think) then we really help our cause.

##vote Agape

I don't have any credible defense.

However I can half-justify this.

I fear you cannot get a majority on me. Then a random villager would get lynched. That could be someone who knows enough to be able to save the village. Therefore, it's better for me to die even if this is the worst possible mafia play otherwise.

##Vote Agape

Dramatic last read: One with a blue avatar is cleaned somewhat by actually caring about reaching the majority to avoid the rand.

I still like an aska lynch more than anything else tbh, his quick flip flop at the end of the day still wasn't really adequately explained and really doesn't make any sense to do from a villagers standpoint considering that majority could have been reached on vb.

I don't think I like an Agape lynch. he was generally really pro town the first day (so much so that even you von, admitted that he was your top town choice), and he didn't even vote for Walrein on the first day, he had his vote on VB. his defense of "I'm town" really does suck though, but beyond that I'm not terribly suspicious of him. however I'll be around for a while and probably during the hammer, so if we need to reach a majority on him I'll do it, just saying that it will be with reservations.

I cannot defend myself and there are more mafia than village online before deadline.

My death will force V and P to make solid defenses, thus making A, P and V the primary lynch targets. I think silence is either one-time or bi-nightly, so you can achieve a majority. I ask you, M, to cooperate with D right from the start of the day to get one of them lynched. Although D should be protected since I think he might be the inspector.

Mafia played really smart, waiting until close to deadline to start a lynch on the obnoxious villager.

Look at this I actually made a proper defense! :)

I'm so happy that I ##Unvote

After thinking this over, I have to agree with V.

Two villagers dead, one silenced, 4 mafia alive leaves us with exactly 6 villagers. Thus everyone would need to vote someone else than me for this to work out. I think that's unlikely to happen. I'm voting myself because it's better to knowingly mislynch a vanilla than to get a power role randed.

Please hammer me, ##Vote Agape

2) Day periods last 48 hours and will be extended by 24 hours if relevant. Day 1 lasts 72 hours.
You're going to have to earn those extensions as town. Show me you need the extra time and you'll get it. Day periods will last 48 hours by default. Don't count on these extensions, play like they don't exist.
Calling for a deadline extension, justification: we can't gather all the villagers in 2 hours and we need them all to get this right. I have English written finals tomorrow so I'm going to sleep right now thus I cannot discuss further.

##Vote askaninjask

Are you with me in this?

oh wait, deadline is at 7

##Vote askaninjask

I can't be here for hammertime (thought it was now but missed BT saying that it would be extended for a couple of hours) so that's where I feel most comfortable leaving my vote. aska has said almost nothing today, made little attempt to defend his d1 flipping, and his early jumpiness all lead me to believe he is pretty scummy.

I'll be around for another hour or so if the majority wants to go another way, we can't really have a mislynch as that would put us in a very precarious spot for tomorrow.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I switched votes at the end of the day because I was only going to be online for a few minutes and I had no way of knowing that anyone other than DLE and von would be online in that time. I thought this was obvious, but apparently it isn't.

I voted Walrein for the same reason vonFiedler voted Walrein, and the same reason everyone else at the end of that day did - a Walrein lynch was better than no lynch at all.

I claimed in an earlier post that "I decided the outcome of the day" which you guys have somehow used as evidence against me. Walrein and Vintage Books had the same number of votes yesterday, and then DLE asked for my vote, and I voted Vintage Books at first because I believed he was scummier and then Walrein because I believed we would not be able to get majority on Walrein in the 40 minutes we had before deadline. Because of my vote, the rest of the village was essentially forced to follow me if they wanted to reach majority, and I apologized in my first post of today for forcing us into the wrong choice.

The obvious most scummy people in this thread right now are idiotfrommars and MeowMixx, both of whom have bandwagoned immediately without giving me any time for any sort of defense.

I honestly think Agape is just confused and new, and it's possible he is bad, but idiotfrommars and MeowMixx's recent voting behavior has been inexcusable. All they have done is bandwagon without relating ANY new opinions on anyone. idiotfrommars especially seems extremely happy to follow any lynch that's brought up (see his #252 and #265).

I was hawkish with Vintage Books because I still thought he was the best target, but recent behavior forces me to change votes.

For the reasons above, ##Unvote ##Vote idiotfrommars. I want to know why you are so eager to lynch absolutely everyone.

VOTECOUNT 2.6:
1) vonFiedler (0) -
4) Da Letter El (0) - vonFiedler Agape
5) UllarWarlord (0) -
6) idiotfrommars (1) - askaninjask
7) Vintage Books (1) - askaninjask UllarWarlord Agape
8) Paperblade (0) - Agape
11) askaninjask (3) - vonFiedler Agape Agape MeowMixx idiotfrommars
12) MeowMixx (0) -
13) Agape (2) - Paperblade vonFiedler idiotfrommars Agape Agape
14) smashlloyd20 (0) -

Not Voting (3) - Da Letter El, Vintage Books, smashlloyd20

askaninjask is at L-3!

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes for majority. Deadline is in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I am not willing to follow any lynch. Notice I didnt follow either ofthe Walrein or VB lynch since I don't think either of them are/were valid lynch targets. I originally suspected Agrape was during the first day so when he was brought up as a potential lynch today I already had reason to suspect him. The reason I threw my lynch on you was because of Agrapes extremely bizarre play of voting himself so that it woukd put him closer to a lynch so the village could fet information. Also with meowmixx and Agrapes throwing their vote on you it seemed considering the events leading up to the previous days lynch that you would be a valid target and there was a possibility that we could get enough votes on someone before the deadline which is the other reason why I was willing to do it. In order for us to even have a chance to win we need to get lynches going and gather information. I felt it was in our best interest to actually get someone who has appeared scummy with a few votes of hammer considering that we only have around one hour left at the time of this post.

@Aska, bandwagoning implies that I simply voted you without any prior suspicion of you, which is simply not true, since my very first post after the night was voicing my opinion that you might be scum. the reason I put a vote on you is simple: I don't believe Agape is scum, I believe you are for the numerous reasons I've already stated, and we're less than an hour from deadline, which is perfectly fine considering that you used that exact logic to justify your walrein vote.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Screw this.

##Unvote

##Vote Agape

It disappoints me that I have to change my vote late in order not to die, but it seems apparent that the only way I'm surviving is if Agape dies, and an Agape death is better than a me death...

In the event of my death, notice a few things. First, notice that only about 7 people took part in this lynch today. Get on those who were silent. Second, notice idiotfrommars's bandwagoning and his lame-ass defense in post #268. MeowMixx also is refusing to change his vote, so you should take note of that too.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
I hope this is reasonable reason for lengthening the deadline. It is absurd that so much of the game has not posted today, and it is absurd that the people who need to see my most recent posts will not be online before deadline.

If I grant the extension and it doesn't provide the expected activity, don't count on seeing any extensions for the rest of the game.

VOTECOUNT 2.7:
1) vonFiedler (0) -
5) UllarWarlord (0) -
6) idiotfrommars (0) - askaninjask
11) askaninjask (3) - vonFiedler Agape Agape MeowMixx idiotfrommars
12) MeowMixx (0) -
13) Agape (3) - Paperblade vonFiedler idiotfrommars Agape Agape askaninjask
14) smashlloyd20 (0) -

askaninjask is at L-3!
Agape is at L-3!

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes for majority. Deadline is in 0 hour and 29 minutes if not extended.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Saying that people immediately bandwagoned onto you aska? Hell, I was seriously afraid they trusted you too much. They voted for you 18 hours after I had suggested it, and after I had switched the bandwagon to Agape. Well truth be told you were my first pick anyway.

##unvote

##vote askaninjask

Also observe how even in near certain death and voting for agape, he tries to put suspicion onto players other than the two of them.

Thinking about it more, no, giving an extension like this is awarding inactivity. Use those 48 hours and you won't end up in this scenario again. If you use them and fail to reach a conclusion anyway, THEN will I grant an extension.

Which means that it's Deadline, Stop Talking. Time to consult my friend random.org...

Actually I'm willing to say fuck it and extend anyway. Reading the thread again, I can't claim inactivity with a straight face.

Deadline has been extended by 24 hours.

VOTECOUNT 2.8:
1) vonFiedler (0) -
5) UllarWarlord (0) -
6) idiotfrommars (0) - askaninjask
11) askaninjask (4) - vonFiedler Agape Agape MeowMixx idiotfrommars vonFiedler
12) MeowMixx (0) -
13) Agape (2) - Paperblade vonFiedler idiotfrommars Agape Agape askaninjask
14) smashlloyd20 (0) -

askaninjask is at L-2!
Agape is at L-4!

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes for majority. Deadline is in 21 hours and 55 minutes. Notice that it's back to its usual time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)