I was working on a stadium that I wanted to try out, but I worked on it a little too long, so I guess it would now be better off as a different Roleplay.
Anyways, I would love some feedback and if you're interested please do let me know, because I could certainly do with some inspiration to keep working on the mechanics.
So without further ado, I give you: the Pokémon Federation of Lucha Libre!!!
(or FPLL; the acronym's in Spanish :P)
"So what's so different between the FPLL and normal ASB battling, dear drunk hobo… sir?"
you might ask.
And I'd reply: "That is a GREAT question, well-educated passerby."
- You'd RP as your Pokémon… that's just for flavor
- MASKS! Despite the fact that your opponent would know your team, he wouldn't know who's who unless he Unmasks you, or you made it easy to deduce.
- New moves! That work specifically in this scenario, such as the aforementioned: Unmask, Tag Out, Submit or Pin (among others).
- That being said, victory would be attainable only through a Pin, Submission, in-game DQ, or just a normal DQ. No EN KOs or HP KOs… although you do want to keep those :S
- The ring (read: battlefield) would be separated by areas, and your actions will change depending on where you are in the ring. (For example, Pinning someone in the center will initiate a Pin, but if you Pin someone along the ropes or corner, there is a chance the Pin won't initiate (because your opponent touches the ropes… get it?); also, you can only Tag Out next to your corner)
- A referee who's liable to make mistakes and/or get KOd… :D!
- And more!
So yeah, please let me know if something like this seems fun or something.