Role Playing Approval Center (Update 5-12-13)

That sounds really fun Rediamond! I wasn't here for the original ASM but I would really enjoy playing in this one!

Also, just a question, would we be using one mon, or a team (or would it vary based on the mission or such)?

A team of six. It's needed given some of the boss/dungeon material in the game...

And the point of this is to open up ASM mechanics to a group beyond the 10 presently playing and a small group of refs. It's also more manageable in almost every way.

I would definetally be interested in the ASM Orange Islands Exploration guild. It is more a role-playing game than a lot of role-plays here, which are limited to battles and pre-determined choices. I like the freedom of choice, where, facing two unfavorable choices you can take an unknown third (Ex: Take the sword or the shield? Why can't you take them both?).
It is also a more extreme version of the Poke'mon Center Role-Play I'm trying to get up... but that's a different story.
I'll be looking forward to this when it comes along and my proposal gets everything worked out... and my The Legend Run is finally dealt with... I may be weak with few Poke'mon, but, boy oh boy, have I got a lot of ideas for in-character chaos...

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approval Status of Mystery Dungeon:

Zarator: Approved for Beta(on IRC)

Alchemator: Approved for Beta(on IRC)

Engineer Pikachu: Approved for Beta(on IRC, with a new change in payout)

As per EP's recommendations, the payout system is changed to this:

Referees now get 1.5 UC for drawing a floor, and get 1.5 UC for each round(20A) that they ref.

Lights, Camera, Action!
After the movie process has finished, I (or the Referee/Director presiding over the movie) will make that movie come to LIFE with the magic of Powerpoint and Youtube for all to see. This is the defining point of this RP.
I am intrigued.
Except making things in PPT takes ages, especially if you want it to look good...

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I am intrigued.
Except making things in PPT takes ages, especially if you want it to look good...
WOW, late reply.

It doesn't really take that long. An hour, maybe two per movie. My goal is to make it look like aquablade11's Sprite Series. And having made a couple episodes of a series of my own, I think I can make movies promptly and make them look good.

Of course, you also have to account for the fact that not everyone has Powerpoint. Most people probably do, but not all.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Of course, you also have to account for the fact that not everyone has Powerpoint. Most people probably do, but not all.
All that matters is if the ref has Powerpoint; everyone else just needs to be able to access Youtube.

Also, I redefined Encounters. Just letting you guys know about the edit.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Abandoning the Pokestar Project. I tried testing it and found out that Jesseus was right - it takes a helluva lot of work to make. Sorry, guys.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Pokelution

Rumor has it that scientists have discovered a remote island, filled to the brim with Pokemon...a place where evolution and other natural things happened, well, naturally...however, when humans tried to explore this island, they were forced back by hostile Pokemon. It seems only a normal Pokemon can explore this island...and that's where you come in.

POKELUTION
Where Pokemon are free in their natural habitats

Premise:
You are a normal Pokemon Trainer. You select one of your Pokemon, equipped with a near-invisible headgear so you can give it orders, and it is transported to the island. To not cause a stir, your Pokemon blends in with the locals of its kind. Now it is on its own to explore this new world...

Exploration:

Home Nest:
You start out at your nest, where you can heal and save. When you go to your nest, you are automatically healed. You can save your game to save the amount of MC and the treasure you have collected. Also, if you perish on the island, your Pokemon is brought back to life through the miracle of cloning - but back at the lab, where the adventure ends.

General Options:
From your home nest, and within other areas, you can do one of multiple things:
-Find Other Nests
-Look at Surrounding Areas
-Just Walk Around

Now I will discuss each of the following options:

Find Other Nests:
There is guaranteed to be at least one living nest (not including your own) in an area. When you find a nest, you can do one of two things - battle with the Nest Boss to drive the species into extinction, or try to befriend the Nest Boss with a display of talent. There are two kinds of nests: Curious and Aggressive. Curious Nests are less likely to have many Pokemon stick around in case of an attack, and you only have to impress them once. Also, you can get the 'First Strike' in a battle with them by using your Projectile attack. Aggressive Nests will be expecting battle, so you won't be able to shoot from a distance to begin. They also must be impressed twice, and not in the same way. (Once they are impressed once, they become a Curious Nest.) Curious Nests will not give chase if you Flee battle, while Aggressive ones will.

-Battle
You have three options, each of them with their own unique powers, ranked 1-9 for each Pokemon: Bite, Projectile, and Melee. Bite is a quick, typeless attack that costs minimal EN. Projectile can be used from a distance, allowing you to get the first blow in a battle on an unsuspecting nest, but it can be used up close as well. Melee is a simple, powerful attack that can only be used up close. Two of the attacks, Projectile and Melee, have elemental properties tied to the Pokemon's type. The specific details for each attack are as follows:
Bite: +1 Priority, does damage equal to half (1/2) the corresponding Rank. Is typeless. Cost: 3 EN
Projectile: Does damage equal to the corresponding Rank, as modified by typing. Cost: 5 EN
Melee: Does damage equal to one and a half (1.5) times the corresponding Rank, as modified by typing. Cost: 7 EN
If you defeat the Nest Boss and any lackeys that don't go running in fear, that species is now extinct and you will no longer encounter any nests of that species. (You may, however, encounter evolutions and prevolutions) You also gain EC, MC, and DC, and any companions you may have earn MC.

-Befriend
If you opt to attempt to befriend the nest, you will have to impress the Nest Boss with a routine, and outdo him and any lackeys he summons. There are three options it may perform: Sing, Dance, or Charm. If you and your partners outdo him and his menagerie (if he has one), then you will have befriended the nest! However, for nests that look hostile towards you, you will have to impress their leader twice, and it won't repeat actions. The opposing nest will RNG 1-3(Sing=1, Dance=2, Charm=3) for what Befriending tactic they perform. If your combined (added together) efforts are equal to or greater than that of the opposing nest, you've befriended them! (Or made them Curious, in the case of Hostile nests) Like Battle, you gain EC, MC and DC. Again, your companions earn MC. Also, if you find any nests later on of the same species, that species will already be befriended. Also, you have the ability to save the game and take shelter for the night here.

Look at Surrounding Areas:
With this, you look to each of the four cardinal directions. This island is divided almost like a grid in its ecosystems. Unless you are by the seaside, you will see a different area in each direction. You may then opt to go to one of these areas, or stay where you are. Different areas have different Pokemon in them.

Just Walk Around:
This triggers random actions. You may find a dirt pile, which might contain berries, items, or even treasure that you can sell for CC. You could be attacked by marauding Pokemon, especially at night. (As a note, during the night, you could be attacked by marauders without choosing this command. Just a heads-up.) But the most striking encounter you can have is with an Epic Pokemon, a Pokemon that has stupendous strength and size. Epic Pokemon guard small caverns that are almost guaranteed to hold rare booty, and you can either try to sneak past them or take them head-on. Beware, however, that without friends, the Epic Pokemon is very likely to have you for dinner.

Companions:
At nests you have befriended, you may select a Pokemon from the nest to accompany you in battle and befriending. They will not evolve like your Pokemon, but will gain MC. Any companions you gain on your journey will be given to you, along with their acquired MC and set EC/DC whenever you decide to end your run. The number of companions you have is limited depending on how much you have evolved. Also, you will only acquire the companions you have upon leaving the island.

Achievements/Pokedex:
During your adventures on the Island, you may perform certain tasks, such as befriending 5 nests, stumbling across an ancient treasure, etc. This will most likely earn you an Achievement, which the Lab will give you compensation for in CC. Your Achievements are saved automatically, so no need to go back to a friendly nest for that! Also, the Lab will keep track of what Pokemon you encounter, essentially creating a new Pokedex of all the Pokemon on the Island.

Goal:
Your ultimate goal is to evolve, and find various items. At certain times, you may migrate, taking you through other areas in search of a new home. You may make new allies or wipe out entire lines of evolution. The choice is yours.

Trial Run:
For the Trial Run of Pokelution, the tester will use an Embirch that has been treated with growth hormones, to accelerate the process of evolution to approximately twice the speed. Also, this will not take place on the mainland - the events will take place on a small island nearby, that is brimming with CAPs. The tester will be guided by Professor Cypress, the leader of this project. She will guide your choice at times, and at other times you can choose your own path. Also, unlike the main game, death will not end the game.

Compensation:
A ref gets 0.5 UC for each RNG set that they do, and for each round of combat/befriending. This is awarded whenever the game is saved, or the player dies.

The Pokemon participating gets .5 EC/1 MC/.5 DC for each nest befriended. If a Pokemon leaves with half of a MC/DC full, it is rounded down. Also, the Pokemon is given whatever prizes it finds on the island, as well as CC for unlocking achievements.

Can you use FEs?
How does it end?
Why would you fight if you could dance, song, or charm and get an extra poke out of it?
How do dancing, singing, and charming work?
The CAPs already have stats: why are you making new ones?
And above all: what can I do to help?

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
1. Yes; they'll just earn MC out of it. Or DC, if it isn't full.
2. It ends whenever you wish; you can simply pluck a mon out of the RP, with its earnings, at your leisure.
3. Because your Pokemon might not be a good singer, dancer or charmer; furthermore, some Pokemon are carnivores, and if you're an omnivore, well, eating flesh gives more EN than berries. I gotta flesh this out lol
4. Good question. This RP will use a simplified battle/befriending system that Pokemon will need different stats for, for persuading and fighting. As such, the Pokemon will need new stats.
5. Talk to me on irc; I can't give stats to all the Pokemon by myself!

1) When and how would refs/players be rewarded for this? Waiting a possibly infinite amount of time for pay is... awkward. Seven week+ intervals for ASM were annoying, this could be worse.
2) Is there a point/objective? Pointless wandering is nice, but I'd like to have a way to 'win,' and I'm sure I'm not the only player.
3) What does this bring to the table that existing RP's don't have? I can see answers to this, but I'd like to see you justify it.
4) How easy would this be to ref? ASM, Labyrinth, PMD, and Inquisition failed in part due to an overdependence on a few refs and the complexity of the format. I could see this (and admittedly, almost every non battle-facility RP that doesn't have a zarator) running into similar problems, and I would like to know how they could be averted.

For all my criticism, the idea is... intriguing. I'd just like there to be a plot/method of "winning." I love RP, but I'd like there to be some objective or reason to keep me playing. My other criticims were mostly "If the RP can't pass this, it probably should not exist" thresholds. I think you meet some, I think you're weak against some. I just wanted to see your answers and plan.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
1. Every time the player returned to the home nest, their progress would be saved and they would earn the EC/MC/DC they have collected, as well as any items they have found. Also, note that you can only return your Pokemon to ASB from the home nest.
2. The objective is merely to explore. There is no way to 'win' this RP, sorry. Unless you want to defeat an Epic Pokemon and take its loot. Because that would be a nice note to end it on. ;P
3. This is a more open-ended RP than any other RP I have seen(if I may be so bold). Sure, it's wandering, but you make choices along the way that ultimately determine your success or failure.
4. The way I have it planned out, it would be fairly easy to ref, believe it or not. All the players would have to do is RNG exactly what happens to the Pokemon(what species they encounter, what areas are nearby, etc.)based on the decision they make, and execute battles that are even more simplistic than the normal battles we use in ASB today.

I admit; I directly ripped this from Spore's Creature Stage, and I haven't finished planning it through yet. The main reason to keep playing is to find treasure, recruit other Pokemon to join your team, explore new lands, and overall just be a natural Pokemon in a natural environment.

Also, I would like to address two things:

1. I'm merely using the CAPs for now because there are merely 29 of them, and it would be an easy example to just integrate those. I might change details about them later on in the process, however.
2. A rental Embirch would have to be used for 2 reasons: One, the trial I have planned will be an accelerated evolution of the Pokemon, so it wouldn't be really fair to let someone come in with a Monohm and have a working Cyclohm a week later. Two, this will have a definite beginning and end; A bit of exploring, some choices made, a couple of migrations, maybe a Epic here or there, then the Pokemon is taken out. I would not be averse to letting the tester keep the CC, Items, and recruited Pokemon, however.

What about making it so you lose if you are KOed twice, and you win if you defeat/befriend 7 tribes. Each tribe defeated/befriended, you gain normal prizes and 1 CC. If you beat a boss, you gain 6 KOC. That gives an end but leaves it also open-ended.

Also, I'll be a tester even if I don't get prizes

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Well...I came up with an idea that gives a sort of sense of achievement.

Literally.

Achievements.

Such as befriending 5 species, defeating an Epic, stumbling across some rare treasure, etc. I would need to make a list, and some would be secret until a player unlocked them, but yeah. It's something.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Its a pretty good hats-off to Spore, Ullar - but it works nicely. If I may, the ref could be more involving in this, as opposed to being the AI that responds after the player makes commands in the RP - should the player becomes inactive (maybe set a timer), the ref can drop a Random Encounter (NEST INVASION!! After all, if you can invade their home, so can they to yours) and should the player not respond, his/her mons get terminated from natural history. Who knows, it could even be a multi-player RP where the Island Master (or some other title you prefer) suddenly pits two players' tribes against the other!

And I'd like to help too :)

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
lol nest invasion

I really don't want the player to stress about what's going on at the home field - I just want them to enjoy the exploration. If they become inactive, however, the ref should probably have something eat them and the exploration be over - Meaning that they lose all things gathered from the last time they saved.

EDIT: also, I really don't think this should be a multiplayer RP. If it was, there would be an eventual limit to the island, as all the maps would have to be cohesive. And Seaside does exist...

DOUBLE-EDIT: I would say I have all the data I need to start that trial, as soon as I hear back from the RP Committee!

Hey folks! A while back, my best buddy Pikapwnd came up with a neat Idea for a RP. I helped him scrap a few of the basic ideas together, and then later he posted his idea for the Pokemon Zombie Apacolypse (PZA). Even though the idea got praise from a number of people, and was even suggested to be approved, Pika went AFK, and is now gone. I've talked to him, and he's not coming back. However, i love the RP idea, and i've talked to him about it. He's told me i can work on it, so i will try to (finally) work on it, so that the RP approvers can check it out again, and hopefully allow it to have some test runs.

The idea is unique, with having you the trainer try to survive a Zombie Apacolypse (not much to it really). i will post what Pika posted a year ago, so you all can see the idea yourselves. Please give interest in it if you like the idea (i will be ironing out any kinks, so you may point them out if you see any, so i can make sure i get them). If you would like to help me with the revival of this really cool idea for an RP, please PM me!

Please take a gander, and let's soon hope we get to add another intriguing, exhilarating Roleplay to the collection (i mean think about it; YOU GET TO FIGHT POKEMON ZOMBIES)!

Note: i am still working on the final product. You are all welcome to ask questions which will help PZA come together. i am just letting everyone know that i am reviving this, and that i could use help if you'd like to help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay Guys I've been working on a project for the last day or two, a roleplaying enviorment that you may find interesting. The Pokemon Zombie Apocolypse, this is something that is completely outside of pokemon's cannon. Everything else has been atleast possible and probable in then pokemon Universe. Before I got too far into the planning I figured I would provide a concept for my idea to the powers that be, before I get to far into the planning.

Concept: 3 Pokémon from a single trainer are thrown into a post apocalyptic city from the Pokémon world, they must fight hordes of zombie Pokémon, which are essentially the same as their true forms except with limited movepools and low hp. Although what they lack in Vitality they make up for in sheer numbers, it would not be uncommon for a trainer to find themselves fighting 5 or 6 zombies in a single encounter. These run’s would take place in a city, using mainly the Pokémon located nearby, but is not limited to that. For example a Celadon City run would likely have more than a few grass type Pokémon, due to it being the location of a grass type gym. The Goal of the run would usually be to get a place where they could easily be evacuated. Like the top of a department store, or to an area where they can be evacuated by boat, or maybe an area that is a safe zone. Usually with 4 random encounters along the way, each one increasing in size, and perhaps finding a few items after each encounter. Once you reach the evacuation point you will… Of course… Face the hoard. This is usually an epic battle with at least 20 or Zombies, and not all of them weaksuace zubats or ratattas (Although you will not face them all simultaneously). There may be full grown Pokémon.

Zombie Pokémon: The zombies would mainly retain the same stats and qualities of the Pokémon they are mimicking. Abilities would change; all zombies will have the poison touch as well as liquid ooze abilities.
Zombies being the brilliant creatures that they are would not have access to a plethora of moves (each knowing 10 and none of them T/m Moves, 7 of them level up 3 egg moves)
The Zombies have a lack of personality meaning no nature, and in their weakened state low HP (the formula for calculating Hp of a zombie is [Hp/4+10x] where X is the number of times you have evolved, it also equals 20 if fully evolved).
This would make them easy to kill, but they can just as easily damage you. Also the zombie Pokémon are completely uncatchable and no Pokémon will be available for you to catch.
There will be three tiers of zombie Pokémon for each stage each tier will have zombies of varying power and be at least somewhat related to the area in question. This may mean coming from local gyms, or routes, or safari zone or other things local to the place your escaping.

Here is an Example of a zombie you might encounter.

Typing: Fighting Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Posion Touch: (Can be disabled)This Pokemon's body is covered with a film of poison. Whenever it hits an opponent with a contact attack, that opponent has a 30% chance of being Poisoned. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's attacks that inflict regular poison will inflict Toxic poison (with the same chance of effect).
Liquid Ooze: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is covered in a slimy poison that when drained by Leech Seed or another draining move, damages the opposing Pokemon for the amount that would have been healed.

HP: 35
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 45

Moves
Low Kick
Brick Break
Vital Throw
Scary Face
Foresight
Leer
Dynamic Punch

Bullet Punch
Ice Punch
Counter

Your Team: The Pokémon you bring are not limited at all, and I was thinking a 3 Pokémon team would be appropriate for the circumstances, though traps or circumstance may separate your team from battling coherently together.

Encounters: There will be 4 encounters and The Hoard during each attempt at a escape. For each encounter A description of the area will be given for each round, and it is HIGHLY recommended that you use the arena to its fullest potential.

Runthrough of a Zombie Encounter:
  1. RNG for the # of Zombies: [(1-4*X] Where X is the Encounter number 1-4 on first, the 2-8 on the second, 3-12 on the Third, 4-16 on the Fourth. And a Consistent 20 for the Horde
  2. Rng for Which Zombies: There will be three tiers of Zombie Pokémon, each with increasing power. The First encounter features pokemon from only the first teir, the second and third ecnounters RNG from the from teirs both teirs 1 and two. The Third Teir will RNG from all Teirs. The horde will RNG from only teirs 2 and three.
  3. Post the Arena and post the First Zombies: There can be a Maximum of 6 Zombies Fighting at Once.
  4. Your team Posts Actions: You will Post two actions for each of your pokemon.
  5. Rng for zombies attacks Rng for what attack your zombie will use, and then Rng for which one of of the pokemon will be hit, (zombies arent targets) If possible it will attack all of the opponents. Each zombie will only use 1 action (three of them in the first round and then 3 in the second).
  6. Ref/Rinse and Repeat <---- (until Battle is over) *note * If a zombie dies before it is able to use its action, bring in another zombie at the end of the round and use a random action from it.
  7. RNG for reward There will be 10 available Items to earn as a reward from a zombie encounter If you finish an escape without Using them, you can keep them for another escape attempt.
Rewards: Due to the sheer number of combatants you will be facing. You will not gain KO counters for each zombie killed, you will however Receive ZOMBIE COUNTERS. Which Function Exactly like KOC, and you can spread them freely throughout your team members. You receive 2 Zombie Counters for each encounter survived, as well as each wave of the hoard and 3 bonus Counters are hidden throughout each run through. They are likely to not be same even if you do the same city as someone else.
The way to earn these extra zombie counters are found in the ways that you kill the zombies. It may be killing 2 zombies at the same time, or OHKO’ing one of them. Or in standard video Game style seeing the exploding barrel and launching a flamethrower at it, or maybe knocking down a water tower. The requirements will be checked with each team so as to be sure they are capable of said feats, as well as three less than helpful hints Pm’d to you at the start of your escape attempt.

In-Game Rewards: There are 10 possible in-game rewards, that can be used by 1 of your pokemon's actions (With a Cost of 3 Energy) or you can use them inbetween encounters. If not Used during an escape will be kept for a future escape attempt, or Traded in for 1 Zombie Counter at the end of an escape.

Super Potion: Heals 50 of a pokemon's HP
Ether: Heals 50 of one your Pokemon's energy
Revive: Heals One of your Fainted Pokemon's Back to 35hp and 40 Energy
Flash Bang: Completely distracts all Zombies on the feild for 1 full round.
6-Pack Sodapop: Heals all of your pokemon 25hp and 25 Energy
Chain Saw: Gives 1 of your pokemon +2 attack for 5 actions (It ran out of gas)
Adrenaline: Gives +2 Speed for one of your Pokemon for 5 actions
Kevlar: Gives a pokemon +2 in Both Defenses until the end of an encounter.
Brain Implant: Gives a pokemon +2 Special attack for 5 actions (it dissolves after that)
Sniper Rifle: Instant OHKO on a single Zombie.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
I really like the revival of this; I was a proponent for it then and I still am now!

ZOMBIE GHOST-TYPE

YEAH

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Taking over this from Jesseus

Nimbasa Dome Madness!

Summary: A continuous 1v1v1v1 Melee with spectator participation

Flavour: The game takes place inside the Nimbasa City Dome. Formerly, a sports stadium, it has been taken over and renovated, and it is now a huge stadium packed with battle addicts - spectators who crave nothing more than perpetual, unending entertainment.
The battle here is non-stop. Pokemon come, Pokemon go, and the crowd loves every minute of it. Victory isn't unlikely - it's impossible! But you can try to set some records...

Details: The battle is a 1v1v1v1 Free for All format. Players will sign up in the appropriate thread by posting the profile of the Pokemon they wish to enter and when the first four players have entered the battle will start.

To begin with, the battle will play normally. There will be 2 actions a round, with actions being sent via PM to the ref. However, things get interesting when a Pokemon is KOd. At this point, the next player to have signed up will be entered into the fray in the last Pokemon's spot at the end of the round (this includes team passable bonuses such as screens, so you may get lucky). In this way the battle lasts forever, with new Pokemon constantly coming in to replace the old ones.
Note that it's up to you to keep track of when you might be entered into the battle. You will be notified via pm, but if you aren't active enough you will fall victim to the "DQ" system below.

As such, it is impossible to 'win'; you can't just beat all the other Pokemon and call it a day. The aim is to set records.

Records: The aim of the game is to set records, with Prizes being awarded for 3rd, 2nd and 1st place. Records will be awarded when the Pokemon is knocked out, based on the standings when the Pokemon was knocked out. Records include:

Rayquaza Trophy: Most KOs
Must have at least 3 KOs to set new records
1st place: 10 CC and 8 KOC
2nd place: 6 CC and 5 KOC
3rd place: 4 CC and 3 KOC

Kyogre Trophy: Most Damage Dealt via Direct Attacks
Must have at least 200 damage to set new records
1st place: 6 CC and 8 KOC
2nd place: 4 CC and 5 KOC
3rd place: 3 CC and 3 KOC

Groudon Trophy: Most Rounds Lasted
Must have lasted at least 6 rounds to set new records
1st place: 6 CC and 8 KOC
2nd place: 4 CC and 5 KOC
3rd place: 3 CC and 3 KOC

Cresselia Trophy: Most Loved
Calculated using the net input from the audience on the Pokemon (net HP from berries and rocks, plus treats)
(Novelty, no awards)

Darkrai Trophy: Most Hated
Calculated using the net input from the audience on the Pokemon (net HP from berries and rocks, minus treats)
(Novelty, no awards)

Record Holders will be noted in a Hall of Fame

Arena: The Arena is the Nimbasa City Dome, which functions exactly the same as the ASB Arena in every way but one—the crowd.
If A Pokemon does not inflict any direct damage two rounds in a row, the crowd will become angered by their boringness and throw Rocks at them, reducing their HP by 15. They will continue to do so in any subsequent rounds in which no direct damage is dealt by the Pokemon.
However, if a Pokemon scores a KO the crowd gets super excited and bombards their new hero with healing items, enough to restore half the Pokemon's max HP and energy, healing them of all status effects. This goes a long way in maintaining your existence in the ring, and setting records.

DQ: Players will never be DQ'd from the Arena. But there is a catch...
At the end of each round, there will be a period of 48 hours in which players must send their actions to the ref. If the ref takes longer to act they may get lucky, but once a placeholder post has been made by the ref in the thread actions will no longer be valid. THIS WILL NEVER OCCUR BEFORE THE WAITING PERIOD IS OVER.
If a player has not sent in actions, their Pokemon will idle for that round, and take a 30 hp and 30 en penalty. If this goes on, the crowd will get angry, not to mention that other players may pick on the easy target.

Spectator Participation: In between rounds, spectators may choose to throw items at Pokemon in the stadium. Each spectator may throw one of the following per round:
Rock: Deals 5 Damage
Berry: Restores 5 HP. However, if the Pokemon is poisoned, the Berry will cure the poison instead.
Treat: Restores 5 EN
Rocks may never KO a pokemon in the stadium (they will just be discounted if they were supposed to)

Rewards:
When the mon is sent out it will get 1 CC for the trainer and 3 MC for itself. It will then gain an additional MC for every pokemon KO’d.

KO Notes: KOs dealt by indirect damage are attributed to the last Pokemon to hit it.
Leethoof and I are making this a thing.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?groupid=1807 Sign up for beta testing here!

Alright, here's a (rather crazy) proposal/idea.

The Battle Tents/The Battle Circus

This place consists of three battle tents, challenged together with a team of 3 mons. They are:

Factory Tent:
One of the challenger mons is taken out of your party. The challenger is given a choice of three RNGed Pokemon to replace that mon.

Palace Tent:
For all of the battles, the challenger chooses 4 moves for their mon per action. The ref RNGs the moves to determine which move is used.

Arena Tent:
Each battle lasts exactly three rounds. If, after three rounds, not all the Pokemon have been KOed, then there are three categories:
Attacks used
Accuracy of attacks (How many of them hit)
HP remaining
If a mon wins in one category, then it gets 2 points. A tie is 1 point for each. A loss is 0. If the score is 3-3, there is one tiebreaker score: average BAP of moves. If the score is 4-4 after the tiebreaker, then the battle continues for another round, until one mon wins.

All battles in these three tents will be in this format:
1v1 singles
2 Substitutions
2 recoveries/5 chills
Switch=KO
Abilities=All
Items=Off
Arena: Circus Tent (same as ASB arena)
DQ time: 2 Days

The challenger is healed when they defeat a tent.

If the challenger defeats all three tents, they will challenge the director of the circus. This battle will be very hard, because even though the challenger's Pokemon are at full health, the director has four of them! Granted, they're weak (or will be once I make the mons), but it's a 3v4, so all bets are off, right?

The circus director battle is in this format:
3v4 singles
2 Substitutions
2 recoveries/5 chills
Switch=OK
Abilities=All
Items=Off
Arena: Circus Tent (same as ASB arena)
DQ time: 2 Days

If the challenger defeats the director on Normal Mode, they get to challenge Hard Mode, and if they beat that they get to challenge Insane Mode.

-------------------------

Again, this is just a rough idea, but what do you guys think about it?

I'm aware that there may be others working on something similar to this right now, but I'm sucking it up and posting a progress report, of sorts. So far, in our fantastic ASB Roleplaying repertoire, we have facility roleplays and legendary roleplays successfully in place. However, I believe we need Roleplaying Roleplays.

Labyrinth and ASM have come close to attaining this free-from greatness, but both have fizzled and died (as far as I can tell, I still love and hope they work, Lou and Red!). There was a time when ASM was perfect; I'm not sure how Red feels about G0 spoilers even now, but it was before Rediamond tried to codify dungeons, wild Pokemon, capturing, full inventories, and it eventually got overcomplicated. What I can say, though, is that we must throw codification out the window, drop into full RP battles, and go with the flow. Thus, I present...

ASB Roleplaying Roleplay
(Name Pending)

Welcome to the ASB Roleplaying Roleplay, where truly anything can happen! Will you and your trusted Pokemon team aid the police in tracking down a criminal, save a village from rampaging Pokemon, help gather data for ecological studies, or join forces with the dastardly organizations of Pokemon infamy? Perhaps, you may even just sit inert and others in their adventures!

"But Leethoof, how could such a thing exist in hardcore-codified CAP ASB? Everything would be up to the referee, cross my heart and die! I thought we had transcended such tomfoolery!"

And I would answer, "Bolgeferous Bastiodons, young one! You just used transcended and tomfoolery in one sentence," completely ignoring your question, because the answer lies here in this following, exceedingly-small codification paragraph.

Roleplay Order
Sessions of the RPRP are formed into Storylines. There will be one thread per storyline, a varying amount of players, and one referee presiding over each storyline. The background info and general plot of a Storyline are planned out beforehand by the referee, though the players may take it in an infinite number of directions. A storyline can be anything, from a murder mystery or a dangerous expedition into a strange canyon, to something more relaxed like a holiday-themed celebration or a good old story-swapping Pokecenter time. Team Rocket is likely to be involved in all of them

Roleplay order is very loose, and comes and goes as normal. It will normally involve players posting among themselves until the referee is needed for an update/decision/clue-drop. It would go a little something like this:

Herpaderp said:
1. OP of the Storyline
2. Players post until they need the ref to do something
3. Ref does previously mentioned thing
4. Players post some more until ref is needed
5. etc...
[/QUOTE]

IRC Conversations / General Secrecy
Due to the possible need for secrecy and/or quickly moving conversations, IRC is almost a must during an RPRP Storyline. However, all of conversations must be in the presence of at least one of the refs (more on that later), and they reserve the right to post in flavor what could have been heard by other players. Though everyone is aware you could secretly be talking to someone else, if any information regarding this is discovered, you will be strictly punished, most likely banned from this RP. Just don't do it.

Though a majority of the RP will be held in the thread for the convenience of outside observers, there will come times when the players split up into groups and/or enact nefarious plans. This will be handled through PMs, though the ref appropriately flavorise when it comes time for an update.

Human Characters
Players are required to use trainer sprites (custom or not, it doesn't matter) for the entire course of the RPRP. Nobody cares if you change characters in between Storylines, but please keep with the same story for the entire Storyline. You must give orders in-character for the thread and PMs, and on IRC, it would be preferred.

You can give orders and ideas and actions and stuff for you human trainer to do. Their physical limits are mostly up to the trainer sprite you choose, within rough human limits. Choosing a Black Belt sprite will give you karate beating-up powers; Psychics can use mind-commands and telekinesis; Hikers have exceptionally endurance and strength; etc.

If your human character is knocked out/killed, you may still act for your Pokemon, though they may act strangely/not as well without their trainer.
Herpaderp said:
Pokemon
Pokemon operately a bit differently than they do in regular ASB. In general, players should try to keep to creatively using moves that their Pokemon already know, rather than making up moves. However, stuff such as
Leethoof said:
Rhyperior, launch that Rebble out of your cannon!

Leethoof said:
Torkoal, drop some coal out of your body, we need to power this machinamajigger.

Leethoof said:
Jirachi, grant me this wish please!

are all perfectly okay, even if they aren't derived from any particular moves. Try not to take Pokedex entries to serious, though.

Knockouts are determined entirely by the referee, though something this controversial and serious will be taken to the new and revolutionary...

Referee Council
Sure, such things already exist unofficially exist on IRC already, but such an un-codified RP like the RPRP would need a proper one. Anytime a major argument or grey area comes up through the course of the Storyline, the main ref will consult all available other approved refs (obviously ones who are not participating in the RP) to reach a decision. This must happen;going forth without consulting first is considered rash and biased, and a big no-no. In addition, the other members of the Referee council can watch over conversations, work with small groups when the travellers inevitably part ways, and pass neccesary information to the head ref, and can easily jump in as a subref if needed.

Combat
Unlike the rest of this RP, combat is fairly straightforward and regular. That's right, real battles will just be straight ASB battling, albeit with greater leniency on roleplayed actions. However, what constitutes as a real battle is not what you would expect. An innocent wild Deerling will not constitute as a real battle, no matter how cornered it is, nor would even a swarm of Crobat mobbing a trainer. A battle that uses the combat system is likely going to be trainer vs trainer, whether that be a player or a ref-controlled NPC.

Rewards
I don't know, I'm really bad at this. Fortunately, the RP committee exists.

Closing Thoughts/Questions
So, Roleplaying minority of ASB, what do you think? I know I left a lot up in the air, but I have a feeling that hand-picked refs will be capable. Again, most of it is up to the players, and where they can take this. It has a lot of potential, but entry regulations will have to be somewhat strict, to ensure that the RP is kept up to a reasonable level of quality.

Also any other thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)