Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Reserving a spot.

Take Rivalry the male Heracross/Pinsir.
Rivalry is in a constant competition with the rest of your team, and must always have the highest our second highest level in your team. Rivalry must solo a gym and Ash's Pikachu to show that he is the very best okemon bar none. He must use no non-damaging moves or moves under 85 BP against male mons. Lastly, he must score more major battle KOs than any of your other mons.

@Phoenix512, take Depressed the Dunsparce. Depressed is upset that it has a terrible BST yet a good movepool, and as such must always have four moves of different types in its moveset. Additionally, Depressed must solo two gyms of your choice and two of Red's Pokémon in order to prove itself as a Dunsparce. As soon as possible, Depressed must also have an Sitrus Berry at all times because it functions as a safety blanket. When the Sitrus Berry gets used up, you cannot use Depressed until you get him another Sitrus Berry.

@Phoenix512, take Depressed the Dunsparce. Depressed is upset that it has a terrible BST yet a good movepool, and as such must always have four moves of different types in its moveset. Additionally, Depressed must solo two gyms of your choice and two of Red's Pokémon in order to prove itself as a Dunsparce. As soon as possible, Depressed must also have an Sitrus Berry at all times because it functions as a safety blanket. When the Sitrus Berry gets used up, you cannot use Depressed until you get him another Sitrus Berry.
You get Swarm the Scyther. This Scyther thinks Technician is for WEAK MONS! Therefore, you cannot use ANY moves of 60 BP or less. A list of usable moves: Slash, Razor Wind, X-Scissor, Night Slash, Air Slash, Brick Break, Return and Frustration because they vary, Facade, Secret Power, Steel Wing, Giga Impact, U-Turn, Headbutt. Oh, and because I feel like being mean, solo Whitney without STAB, Morty ONLY WITH BUG STAB, as well as Koga. Also, once you solo Morty, you must ALWAYS fight Ghost Types with ONLY Bug moves. Also, if you are able to trade, evolve Swarm and have him never use STAB moves again.

EDIT: Phoenix512, take the Dratini from the Game Corner. Until Dratini reaches Lv.40, it can only use Dragon moves. After Dragonair reaches Level 40 (yes, you may evolve when you reach Level 30) you can NEVER use STAB moves again until you evolve to Dragonite. Also, solo Clair with Dragonair. (If this is too hard, just solo her Kingdra instead.) Also, solo Lance's highest level Dragonite.

Here's a quick prologue of my HeartGold Scramble Challange. The challange details are in my sig.

After having a weird dream of the Pokemon Professor asking me if I was a boy along with my name which I told him was Phoenix. He tells me that I will start a grand adventure, I go to my computer. I see an email from Lyra that she loves Pokemon. I don’t see the point ofher telling me that she loves Pokemon in an email. After I throw it in the trash, I head downstairs. My mother was telling me that Lyra was playing hide and seek with her Marill (why she gets a Pokemon and I don’t, that’s so not cool) and crazy Professor Elm was asking for me. She gives me a bag with my ID and went over to Elm’s house.

At Elm’s house, he was telling some crazy theory about walking with Pokemon instead of being in their Pokeballs. After that, he tells me to take one of the three Pokemon sitting on a machine and walk with it. I ask if I can have all three but Elm was being greedy and let me have only one. He suggest Cydnaquil which I took even though I should have known something was up. It was a male Cydnaquil named Quote (second clue that Elm was screwing with me). Elm immediately asks me to go to Cherrygrove City to pick up a Pokemon egg from a guy named Mr. Pokemon which sounds like a forum name on the internet than some respected person. Even though I wanted to torment Lyra with my new Pokemon, my mother would nag me forever if I didn’t help Elm so I’m headed for Cherrygrove City.

Quote the Male Cyndaquil - Jiimera0
Current BP Limit: 40

Opinion: This one maybe one of the tougher challanges due to losing battles has some negative drawbacks with the BP Limit along with using healing items will lower the limit as well.

Current Moves:
Tackle
Leer

Stratos

Banned deucer.
inanimate blob you still have space right?

ok, take SWASTIKA the Paras

swastika used to be just a normal Paras. he lived in the forest, doing normal paras things. Unfortunately, Johto had fallen into some rough times after they lost the war over the Tohjo Falls and the ensuing treaty basically screwed them. The great Fuhrer HeraHitler arose, speaking of all the greatness he saw in the land of Johto and how the Kantos better not take it from them! Paras grew absolutely infatuated with his great oratory and became a fervent follower.

Restrictions:
1) Paras wears a red band around his upper arm. That means he's always wearing a focus sash - equip one ASAP, and if it ever gets consumed, give him another (yes, focus sash is consumed upon use).
2) Paras feels that the words of HeraHitler need to be spread far and wide. Every time he KOes a Pokemon, to spread the superiority of Johto, he goes on to Pokemon SHOWDOWN! chat and says in all caps, "BURN THE JEWS." yes, you must do this.
3) Only after he's spread the word enough does he feel ready to evolve. But the word needs to be received. You must say BURN THE JEWS 10 times without getting kicked or muted before paras can evolve. (yes, you are allowed to explain yourself to try to avoid the mute. I don't want this to be impossible)
4) To demonstrate the ultimate superiority of the Johtos, he must solo either Lance or Koga (your choice, either will be a brutal hell).

have fun!

ps. i want updates as to your escapades on Showdown

Chapter 1

Here is Chapter 1 which covers to capturing the second Scramblemon.

Before I left the lab, Elm’s assistant gave me some Potions which Quote gave a sigh look as I took them (the third sign of Elm screwing with me). Lyra was outside of the lab and told me I should let my mother to see Quote before I head off. I was going to because I didn’t want Lyra to nag me as well but I noticed a strange man outside of Elm’s lab and talked to him. He didn’t want me around and push me away. He’s lucky I didn’t have Quote attack him for that. I went back to my house and show off Quote to my mother. She gave me my Pokegear from the repair shop which she told me to stop dropping it in the toilet and directed me how to get to Cherrygrove City.

Before I left the town, Elm came running out of the lab to give me his number. I didn’t want his number but I forced to. I wish some hot chick would come running to me so she would give me her number. But anyway, I started my journey to Cherrygrove via Route 29. After some encounters with HootHoots, Quote gained a level and learned SmokeScreen (Elm is laughing his ass off and fourth sign of screwing with me). I arrived at Cherrygrove where an old man managed to outrun me because I didn’t have Running Shoes. My mother is such a cheapskate but suddenly the old man gave me his Running Shoes. It was somehow amazing that he had the same shoe size as I do but I accepted him with hesitation since they had old man foot odor. After deodorizing the shoes, I was able to run very fast now. I went to the Pokemon Center and healed Quote. Before I left Cherrygrove, I went to the Poke Mart to buy some Poke Balls but they were out. What kind of Poke Mart would be out of Poke Balls is beyond me. Before I left, the old man was calling out to me and gave me a Map Card for the Pokegear since the last one was lost in the sewers. I swear why I can’t get hot chicks to chase after me.

While making my way to Mr. Pokemon’s house, I entered a house that I thought was his but it was some other old guy’s house. He gave me an Apricorn box for some reason maybe no one visits him. After fighting Rattattas, Hoothoots, and Spinaraks, I arrived at Mr. Pokemon’s house. He was with another guy who was the guy in my dream, Professor Oak and gave me the Mystery Egg which was found in Ecruteak City. Then Oak talk to me and said that he was a friend of Elm and Quote was some rare Pokemon. He gave me a Pokedex so I would do his dirty work of cataloging all of Johto’s Pokemon. First it was Elm and now Oak is using me as free labor. Oak forced me to put his number into my Pokegear before he left for Goldenrod. Again, when will a hot chick put her number in my Pokegear?

Now with the egg, I returned back home to New Bark Town but not even one step out of the house, I get a call from Elm that there’s a disaster. Oh crazy Elm, stop trying to create a time machine with Pokemon machines. As I raced back to New Bark Town, I encountered the jerk that was outside of Elm’s lab. He seemed to steal one of other Pokemon from Elm’s lab which was Totodile. Lucky for me, it didn’t have any water moves to use against me and beat it down. I managed to grab the jerk’s Trainer Card and got his name from it. There’s no way that jerk is going to be the World’s Greatest Pokemon Trainer. Quote suddenly got my attention and showed me a device that said 60 BP. I scream out “DAMN YOU, ELM!” when I saw this. Quote is rare alright since it has a quota of BP and then I noticed an asterisk. After the asterisk said, includes STAB. “ELMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!”

When I got back to New Bark Town, I stormed into Elm’s lab to give him a mouthful but there was a cop who was accusing me of stealing Elm’s Pokemon. Lyra managed to cover my ass and mention the jerk I encountered at Cherrygrove as the one who stole the Pokemon. I gave the cop the guy’s name which was Soul. After the cop left, I gave the egg to Elm who told that I should challenge the gyms and become Champion which was a great idea since then I can get all the hot chicks I want when I become the Champion. Chicks love the bling. He tells me I should tell my mother that I’m leaving on a long journey to become Champion and will be quitting school to pursue it. So I went home and told my mother about it which she wants a percentage of the earnings I get but other than that, she was cool with it.

When I left New Bark Town, Lyra was on Route 29 and made me to listen to her about how to catch Pokemon even though she got lucky and caught a Rattatta with about 80% of its HP with a Pokeball. Anyway, she gave me 5 Pokeballs as a reward for putting up with nagging over the years before leaving. While exploring Route 46, I encountered a male Rattatta who seem to be very tough even though his level said otherwise. I caught the Rattatta and named it Joey after a friend of mine who always went with “Brooklyn Rage!”

Quote the Level 9 Gentle Male Cyndaquil - Jiimera0
Current BP Limit: 60 (+20 from beating Soul)

Opinion: This one maybe one of the tougher challanges due to losing battles has some negative drawbacks with the BP limit along with using healing items will lower the limit as well.

Current Moves:
Tackle (35 BP)
Leer
Smokescreen

Joey the Level 2 Rash Male Rattatta - Recec
Ability: Guts
Rattattas solo: 0/20

Opinion: It was the first one I encounter that I could catch. I wasn't going to catch a female one since the name is male. It will take some time for me to grind Joey's level so he could the highest member of the party. I'll stay at Route 29 so where Rattattas have a low encounter rate. I'm going to take the solo Rattatta challenge with Trainers as much as I can. I like the part of Capable of Taking Hits in the Summary part.

Current Moves:
Tackle
Tail Whip

Uh...I'd rather not say "BURN THE JEWS" on Pokémon Showdown...challange denied...

Great challange, though, made me laugh.

Alright, denied. That was just dumb.

GREAT IDEAS

I think I'll start a Scramblocke. But I'm not just catching 'mons as I get to them. I use an encounter code to catch one of them each area.

Because I'm using an encounter code, I can take /any pokemon in the original 386./ I am playing Emerald, almost certainly, so they can all evolve, too.

Basically, I'll take around 10 suggestions, and RNG when I encounter a new area. HOWEVER! I'm using the Notepad clause; I can only have six pokemon at a time, nothing in the box. If I have a full party when I reach a new area, I don't RNG any 'mon, and I can't get a catch there. If I run out of pokemon, I'll ask for more.

So, could you all give 10 pokemon? I may or may not document it.

(PS: Hacked movesets are fine, if you want that. Just don't overdo it, I don't want 6 pokemon that must all always know splash)

Hi, guys. I'm interested in doing a Scramble Challenge for Black 2. -No trading. -I don't want my starter Pokemon in my final team. I also don't want any Psuedo-Legendary or Legendary Pokemon. -I don't want my challenge to be too difficult, but I don't want it to be really easy either. (Also, I wasn't able to complete my SoulSilver challenge since I can't find my copy of it for some reason :

Sorry, Mado, my friend, but I am gonna take this guy's as I am slightly confused about yours.

Hi, guys. I'm interested in doing a Scramble Challenge for Black 2. -No trading. -I don't want my starter Pokemon in my final team. I also don't want any Psuedo-Legendary or Legendary Pokemon. -I don't want my challenge to be too difficult, but I don't want it to be really easy either. (Also, I wasn't able to complete my SoulSilver challenge since I can't find my copy of it for some reason :
I am reserving for you. Expect something fairly soon.

Madotsuki, RNG for a Nincada. Call it Hollow. Evolve it ASAP and get yourself a Ninjask and Shedinja. You must RNG for one in the route that leads to Petalburg (where Wally gets his Ralts).

Using Ninjask, solo Brawly and his gym trainers with only one move (as if you were Choice-locked) and no healing items. You cannot visit the Pokemon Center between trainers, nor can you switch your move between trainers.

Solo Flannery with Shedinja. No restrictions, it's bad enough as it is.

If either Pokemon dies before their solo requirement is completed (or during the solo attempt), then just carry on with the remaining Pokemon, however you must switch battle mode in Options to "Set" (not "Shift").

@Madotsuki Take Sad the Deoxys. Sad, being sad, may not use any moves over 60 BP. That is all. Good luck! :3

ALSO I still need two more Pokémon to get this thing started, guys. I denied Pwnemon's since that was a straight impossible (and offensive :3) challange.

Woops, accidentally deleted that when I was editing in the challenge.

Madotsuki's Ninjask solos Brawly (and his entire Gym's worth of trainers), while Shedinja solos Flannery.

[/yeah right. Like Shedinja has any hope of soloing Flannery.]

reserved for inanimate blob and King of Sushi

@inanimate blob, take Diverse the Spinarak.
As monotype challenges usually end up with a lack of different attacking types, Diverse must learn 4 damaging moves of 4 different types ASAP. It starts out with only being able to learn level up moves. Diverse is a diverse, capable fighter, and wants to solo a multitude of people. Therefore, solo 1 Johto gym leader, 1 Kanto gym leader, 1 Team Rocket Boss, 1 elite four/ champion R1, 1 elite four/champion R2 and your Rival once. That's right, 6 solo's. That should be difficult enough as is, so I'll leave it at this. After 2 solo's, Diverse enables the ability to learn tm's. After 4 solo's, Diverse is capable of learning move tutor moves. (-->only possibility to learn good bug type moves)

GL

@King of Sushi, take Bzzzzzt the Magnemite. Bzzzzzt cannot learn or use STAB attacks. Remove one "z" from its name for every gym leader / team plasma boss it solo's (PWT and the like do not count). When all "z''s are removed, Magnemite can start learning and use STAB attacks and must be renamed Zap. It can now also evolve for the first time. For every new move it learns, add a "z" to Zap. When you are unable to add more "z"'s, Z(...)ap cannot learn new moves anymore. It MUST be renamed Zap before the elite four, so make sure your solo's are completed by then. Have Z(....)ap solo either Ghetsis or Iris.

Btw, if you are unable to rename Bzzzzzt after a solo, just remember to change its name as soon as you get to the name rater.

GL

Madotsuki, RNG an Aggron. Its final moveset must be that of Steven's in Ruby and Sapphire. (It must be caught as an Aggron.) This is EQ, Dragon Claw, Thunder, SolarBeam. That will be Aggron's final moveset. It can never fight any Pokemon it has the type advantage against, and must ALWAYS fight Pokemon it has the type DISADVANTAGE against. Have fun.

EDIT: lol celever is that directed towards moi? :3

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Damn it! I wanted to do Scyther! Oh well, you get Misty the Spinarak!

Now, one of the most memorable moments of the anime for me was when a spinarak dropped down and Misty started screaming and freaking out about it, and guess what? The spinarak from that moment in the anime is this Spinarak that you will get!!! Unfortunately, Spinarak got quite depressed after Misty screamed at it, and it has started wondering if other's see him as a scary monster, so any moves that make it seem more scary are disallowed, list of scary moves:
Scary face
Night shade (You never know what lurks in the night)
Shadow sneak (You sneaky *****)
Fursy swipes (Monsters have so much fury!!!)
Sucker punch (SUCKER!)
Toxic (Only monsters poison!)
Dig (You sneaky little ***** coming up from behind and attacking)
Thief (THIEF!!!)

Also, Misty (the spinarak) despises Misty (the person), so you must solo Misty with Misty! However, despite the fact that he tries his best not to be sneaky or monstrous, he just can't help it! So in order to get the sneaky advantage over Misty, he must solo Erika BEFORE Misty and get the giga drain TM off of her, and you must max out the amount of PP on giga drain (outside of battle, so you should go into the battle with 16 PP for giga drain). When you solo Misty, you may only use giga drain every other turn (Spinarak tries not to be sneaky, and feels bad about learning giga drain) but if you don't use giga drain 2 turns after either the start of the battle or the last time you use it you MUST use it on the fourth turn. If you don't understand then open the hidden message and see an example:
Misty used Psychic! (You're not allowed to use Giga drain)
Misty used Giga drain (You are allowed to use giga drain this turn, and you did. However...)

Misty used pin missile! (You missed the turn to use giga drain)
Misty used Poison jab! (You're not allowed to use giga drain)
Misty used Giga drain! (You HAD to use giga drain, since you had not used it for 3 turns since the last time or the start of the battle)

Enjoy! :D

Damn it! I wanted to do Scyther! Oh well, you get Misty the Spinarak!

Now, one of the most memorable moments of the anime for me was when a spinarak dropped down and Misty started screaming and freaking out about it, and guess what? The spinarak from that moment in the anime is this Spinarak that you will get!!! Unfortunately, Spinarak got quite depressed after Misty screamed at it, and it has started wondering if other's see him as a scary monster, so any moves that make it seem more scary are disallowed, list of scary moves:
Scary face
Night shade (You never know what lurks in the night)
Shadow sneak (You sneaky *****)
Fursy swipes (Monsters have so much fury!!!)
Sucker punch (SUCKER!)
Toxic (Only monsters poison!)
Dig (You sneaky little ***** coming up from behind and attacking)
Thief (THIEF!!!)

Also, Misty (the spinarak) despises Misty (the person), so you must solo Misty with Misty! However, despite the fact that he tries his best not to be sneaky or monstrous, he just can't help it! So in order to get the sneaky advantage over Misty, he must solo Erika BEFORE Misty and get the giga drain TM off of her, and you must max out the amount of PP on giga drain (outside of battle, so you should go into the battle with 16 PP for giga drain). When you solo Misty, you may only use giga drain every other turn (Spinarak tries not to be sneaky, and feels bad about learning giga drain) but if you don't use giga drain 2 turns after either the start of the battle or the last time you use it you MUST use it on the fourth turn. If you don't understand then open the hidden message and see an example:
Misty used Giga drain (You are allowed to use giga drain this turn, and you did. However...)

Misty used pin missile! (You missed the turn to use giga drain)
Misty used Poison jab! (You're not allowed to use giga drain)
Misty used Giga drain! (You HAD to use giga drain, since you had not used it for 3 turns since the last time or the start of the battle)

Enjoy! :D
Present already gave Inanimate Blob a Spinarak.

EDIT: Sorry for double posting unlike a baws.

Madotsuki, RNG for a Nincada. Call it Hollow. Evolve it ASAP and get yourself a Ninjask and Shedinja. You must RNG for one in the route that leads to Petalburg (where Wally gets his Ralts).

Using Ninjask, solo Brawly and his gym trainers with only one move (as if you were Choice-locked) and no healing items. You cannot visit the Pokemon Center between trainers, nor can you switch your move between trainers.

Solo Flannery with Shedinja. No restrictions, it's bad enough as it is.

If either Pokemon dies before their solo requirement is completed (or during the solo attempt), then just carry on with the remaining Pokemon, however you must switch battle mode in Options to "Set" (not "Shift").
No, I can't RNG for it at a specific spot. I RNG WHICH Pokemon I'll get. The rest of that challenge isn't so bad, especially because I play on set mode anyway.

The only issue I have... some of these challenges require soloing leaders. What if a pokemon has not been caught yet by the time I challenge it? You might want to consider that when choosing restrictions.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Present already gave Inanimate Blob a Spinarak.

EDIT: Sorry for double posting unlike a baws.
Oh COME ON! There are barely any more bug types left! I hate Beedril after an un-important one kept on critting and hiiting 5 times with fury attack making me fail at a heart gold nuzlocke and that's all that are left (that I can think of!) D:

Heartgold scramble, Ledyba is soul-silver exclusive just like Spinarak is heart gold exclusive.
Yeah, I was first. *sorry* Anyway, inanimate blob only needs one more pokemon when he accepts mine. You can still choose from paras, yanma, venonat, shuckle. Hope that helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)