Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farfetch'd is awful no matter how you use it. I'm pretty sure not a single one of its stats reaches over 60. It would be like using a Spinda in Emerald for a Nuzlocke run, just a complete mistake. Use Flareon/Umbreon and Poliwrath and you will have a pretty solid team. Eventually you will be able to nab a Pokemon to help defend against flying and grass types

My Nuzlocke challenge , Ep : first day , first rules

Hi everibody! I'm new in to the forum , but i've been roaming around as an un-signed user for eons. I've been playing pokemon sice a was a child , and i finally decided to begin a nuzlocke adventure that i will report in form of episodes , one each time a reach a notable checkpoint ingame , like right before a gym :)
I'm playing with this set of rules :

1) One faint is allowed for each pokemon , then the pokemon is boxed forever ;

2)Only the first pokemon met in each area in the normal grass can be captured ,

3)Legendaries can be killed or captured , but if captured cannot be used and must be boxed forever

Established the rules , lets begin the story :) ATTENTION IT CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Hi everibody , i'm Ward , Champion of the Unova league , and this is my story:

Episode one : Belle has come to Aspertia!

One day my mom entered the room with a smile on her face , and , as soon as she hanged the phone , turned to me and told me she talked with the professor Juniper , an expert of Unova pokemons , and said prof told her she wanted me to be a pokemon trainer! She sended a girl , called Belle to give me a pokemon. I couldn't believe that! It was like a dream turn to reality. I could explore the world with my pokemon team and be the best trainer in Unova! I ran out of the house , and began searching for the girl , and i was so excited , i nearly got lost searching for her. While i was running down the main street i found my neighbour Tino with her little sister , that agreed to help me found the girl. She was at the lookout of our city , looking at the view of the near forest.
-Hi!-
-Hi! You must be Ward! I've come to give you your first pokemon , and your first pokedex! You can choose any pokemon from this three :

-The first one is snivy , a grass type snake , the second is oshawott , a watertype pokemon , and the third is tepig , a fire pig.Which one do you choose?-
The three pokemon looked good , but i just couldn't decide, but in the end i picked oshawott , or as i called it , Oshawut, my first pokemon. As soon as i choosed the pokemon Tino wanted to battle, but my Oshawut totally wiped out his Snivy. Belle, after bringing my pokemon to the pokemon centre began teaching me about the pokedex and the pokemon , gave me 10 pokeballs and leaved the town. My mom searched me , and gave me the running shoes and two maps , one for me , and the other for Toni , that left his own map at home. The first thing i did was exploring the areas near the city , and as i entered the first grass i found , and a small pokemon approached me to battle! It was a small Patrat , that i captured and called Ms Patty

Continuing through the route , i found a strange looking man in the middle in the road. When he turned around I suppressed a surprise jolt : he was nardo , the ex league champion of Unova , that told me to follow him. We entered Floccessy town together , and after healing our pokemon , he told me my friend went to the Floccessy ranch , just outside from the city , to help the farmers of the ranch to found their lost pokemon. I left the city in search of him , when i found my first pokemon trainer! He had just a patrat , so he was a small time vs my Oshawut :) After the battle i began searching for pokemons , and i found a small seed coming out of the ground , that attacked my oshawut badly injuring it, but after weakening him and capturing , I had to return to the pokemon centre. I called that small Sunkern Krensun.

I reached the ranch , where i found Tino ,and with him i began searching the Herdier that got lost , and after several hours of searching we found the pokemon in the woods near there , but we also met a strange guy , that said he was from an association well known to unima : the Plasma Team! The guys that tried to conquer unima 2 years ago! The guy , just a runt , escaped as soon as he saw us, and freed the herdier , that returned to his family.When we were leaving the ranch , i was attacked by a small pack of dogs, pokemons called Lillipup , that escaped soon after , but one of them was left behind , because Tino heavily injured him. I carried him after capturing him at the nearest pokemon centre to heal him , gaining his confidence. That way i found one of my best friends : Freacko.

We left the ranch a bit worried about the reapperance of the Plasma team , bat we forgot about it. Returned to the city , we found Nardo , returning from a trip to Aspertia, that told us about a new gym that just opened in our city. Tino and I left the city to return home just in time to see the opening act of the new gym. I stepped inside , ready to battle ......... ( to be continued )

I have a SoulSilver Nuzlocke update now!!

After much grinding, battling the trainers of Route 43 and The Lighthouse, and the very saddening deaths of Avocado and Blueberry, I was very scared that any one of my pokemon could meet an ill fate. But, i kept going, and finally faced Morty. I sent Raspberry out first, hoping to get a Light Screen up before switching to Kohlrabi, but then Gastly used Mean Look. And all Raspberry had in attacking moves was Headbutt and Mach Punch. I couldn't do anything but watch Raspberry's slow but inevitable death. Then, Kohlrabi went in and got vengeance by OHKOing all 4 ghosts with Bite. But I'm very saddened.

Celery the Bayleef, Male Lv. 27

Headbutt
Natural Gift
Magical Leaf
PoisonPowder
Celery has been the same boss as before. Not much has changed, but he learned magical leaf and Natural Gift. he evolves soon, too, so yay!

Coconut the Graveler, Female Lv. 26

Headbutt
Rock Blast
Magnitude
Rollout
Coconut is such a beast it's almost not fair. She just kills everything and tanks every hit like a baws. I love her.

Kohlrabi the Flareon, Male Lv. 30

Heabutt
Ember
Quick Attack
Bite
Kohlrabi was my ace in the hole for Morty. With his bite, he just killed everything. He hasn't been used much other than that, but his Attack is freaking through the roof. And i think he learns Fire fang soon-ish (right?) so that will be awesome.

Grapefruit the Koffing, Female Lv. 20

Tackle
Poison Gas
Smog
Assurance
I haven't ever used Grapefruit in battle. I've switch trained him a bit, but it was too hard to do it for long. Now that i can Surf, I'm gonna go make the red Gyarados faint, then go to Mr. Pokemon to get the Exp. Share for him.

Cherry the Staryu, Lv. 27

Surf
Swift
Water Gun
Recover
I caught this guy in Olivine City. It has been really nice, and I'm going to evolve it as soon as it learns BubbleBeam (at level 28). So it will be super awesome then.

Yes, I copied Marriland in his naming style for his Emerald Nuzlocke/HeartGold Wedlocke. Sue me.

*FLUFFY the Sentret, Female Lv. 3
Died training

*Micky the Rattata, Male Lv. 4
Also died training

Avocado the Bellsprout, Male Lv. 20
Died when he hit himself in confusion!!! It was right before he would've evolved to Weepinbeel, and the most bittersweet part is that Picnicker Gina called right after he died to give me the leaf Stone...that I would have used to evolve him again!!! Why?????!!!!!!!

Blueberry the Poliwag, Male Lv. 19
Also a very sad loss. Died to a crit from a Ratciate's Hyper fang ):

Raspberry the Ledian, Female Lv. 26
I should have known this was inevitable, but Morty defeated her. I wanted to get light Screen up before switching to Flareon, but then his Gastly used mean Look. And the only attacking moves I had were Headbutt and Mach Punch, so I couldn't touch him. He killed her, but Kohlrabi got vengeance.

*These pokemon were named before I decided to go by Marriland's theme; I renamed Bayleef from Petal to Celery upon reaching Goldenrod.

*Wormy the Weedle, Male Lv. 3
Guava the Gastly, Female Lv. 4
Tomato the Magikarp, Female Lv. 10
Apple the Zubat, Female Lv. 9
Mango the Hoppip, Male Lv. 6
Carrot the Spearow, Male Lv. 6
Tangerine the Paras, Female Lv. 5
Asparagus the Nidoran, Male Lv. 12
Muscle the Machop, Female Lv. 12 (obtained in Goldenrod Dept. Store trade)
Strawberry the Pidgey, Female Lv. 13
Broccoli the Farfetch'd, Male Lv. 16
Lemon the Hoothoot, Female Lv. 13
Papaya the Krabby, Male Lv. 20
Apricot the Meowth, Female Lv. 16
Durian the Caterpie, Female Lv. 18
Pineapple the Mareep, Male Lv. 13
Rhubarb the Girafarig, Male Lv. 15

*These pokemon were named before I decided to go by Marriland's theme; I renamed Bayleef from Petal to Celery upon reaching Goldenrod.

Now I think I'm going to replace Raspberry with Carrot the Spearow, Borccoli the Farfetch'd, or Lemon the Hoothoot. Discuss.

Ep 2 : Komor!

Continues from Ep.1 : Belle has come to aspertia!
My first loss​

The gym was an enourmous School for pokemon trainers, guided by komor. He was one of the trainers Aralia first gived a pokemon , but had to renounce to it to become a normal-type gym leader , and began training normal pokemons , such as lillipup or patrat. I easily defeated the other trainers with just my small sunkern with ease , and i started battling with komor.

His first pokemon was a patrat. My sunkern was slower that it , but i could put it asleep after he bulkied up a few times with Work up , and i began hitting it with my mega drain , and it continued sleeping for a few seconds.But , as soon as it woke up , he turned around to look first at me with his piercing eyes , then at my small sunkern. He just began to run and smacked sunky. One hit. And it was down. Time stopped for a second, the second I realized how hard had to be to be a pokemon trainer , seeing your own friends dying in battle. Sunky was gone , and all of my team got enraged.

My next pokemon was Oshawut. It got a lot stronger since i met him, and i thought he could stand a chance. He started water gunning it until it got down , but he got it and was badly injured , so i withdrew him , and sent out my patrat , while he sent out his lillipup.
Lillipup had no chance vs Ms Patty , got killed in two hits , whithout even the time to bulk up. Komor greated me for my victory , and gave me the first badge.
But i wasn't happy , because i lost a friend of mine , my small sunky. Me and my pokemon decided to bury it where we found it , at the beginning of the route 20. We then moved towards Virbank city , healed my pokemons and headed towards the virbank complex , a zone with lots of pokemons , and i decided to capture one.

I began searching , when i found this small pokemon of fire called magby , he was battling versus a pidove and didn't stand a chance, so i helped him , and captured him , bringing it with me towards the nearest pokemon center to heal him. We then went to the virbank complex , where we began training , and after a few hours happened something marvellous : Ms Patty evolved , Mr Freacko evolved , and even Oshawut evolved!

We then headed to the pokemon centre to make a nap and to have a moment of silence for our friend Sunky.
The day after we entered the gym and .......

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'm liking the updates espeon. I was hoping raspberry would be on your final team... but alas no... anyway.

I would suggest hoothoot over the other two now. You need bulk in nuzlockes, and spearow lacks it completely, whereas farfetch'd has usable-ish bulk. Hoothoot has great bulk though, and can deal damage with special attacks really well.

Also please please please please use rhubarb. Girafarig is my fourth-favorite (I think...) pokemon!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Sorry about the double post, but this is completely unrelated. I am going to do a pokemon emerald nuzlocke! With an added rule of no depositing my pokemon (I did it long before marriland did it in his wedlocke challenge fyi) so... wish me luck!
I will be starting with torchic, not because I use it all the time and it is so awesome, because I have only used it before once given how much better the other two are.
Whenever a pokemon dies I will ask here who I should use.

So, you've got the rules and complications, so enjoy!

Sorry about the double post, but this is completely unrelated. I am going to do a pokemon emerald nuzlocke! With an added rule of no depositing my pokemon (I did it long before marriland did it in his wedlocke challenge fyi) so... wish me luck!
I will be starting with torchic, not because I use it all the time and it is so awesome, because I have only used it before once given how much better the other two are.
Whenever a pokemon dies I will ask here who I should use.

So, you've got the rules and complications, so enjoy!

The story:
After saving Professor birch from a RAGING ZIGZAGOON!!! and him using a word that no one on the planet knows the meaning of in his thanks, I got to grab Cihcrot the Torchic! On Route 101 I managed not to run into a single pokemon, meaning that I don't have to think about technically violating the rules thanks to my lack of balls. On route 103 however, I did run into a pokemon. Oh well, some nice training before I get some balls. (It was a rare wingull though, who is much better at this point in the game than you would think >:() After battling the amazing trainer May and her level 5 mudkips (I hear you liek mudkips?) and I noticed for the first time that mudkip have little nostrils in gen 3, I went back and got a dex and some balls so I could go and catch some pokemans. But first, I have to let you know how close I was to losing that battle against May. She used growl right at the start but was then more powerful than me after a growl on her as well. But then Cihcrot managed this amazing crit that saved my sorry ass.
Pokemon get!
Level 3 poochyena named Aneyhcoop!

Route 103:
Dupes 1, poochyena.
Dupes 2, poochyena.
Dupes 3, poochyena.
Encounter 4, WINGULL YES!!!
Pokemon get!
Level 3 Wingull names Llugniw.

Looking through my party I am very pleased. Aneyhcoop is weak enough to help me catch wild pokemon but can also be good for trainer battles sometimes. Llugniw (the "W" is silent btw) is great for trainer battles thanks to it's OP move off of that special attack stat water gun. And then Cihcrot is level 7, so won't be seeing as much action.

Pokemon get!
Datol the level 3 Lotad!

Anyway, I'll be grinding these guys up for now, probably taking out this next route with trainers on and against wild pokemon all the way up to level 7 by the next time I see you.

MVP: Aneyhcoop the Quirky female poochyena - level 4.
Trait: Run away.
Moves:
Tackle

As absurd as it may seem, Aneyhcoop helped me catch Llugwin and Datol in times where Cihcrot probably would have KO'd them. The weakness of Poochyenas shined through this update.

Cihcot the Modest (ik r) male Torchic - level 7.
Trait: Blaze
Moves:
Scratch
Growl
Focus energy

Cihcrot... well, it's a torchic, what did you expect? It came close to dying twice already though, putting it in slot two on the MVP/LVP list.

Llugwin and Datol will get more info next update.

^Lotads have really great potential, but they really suffer up through the 5th gym, because they lack powerful moves. Once you get Surf/Ice Beam/Giga Drain it really shines for a brief amount of time. And then you have to survive through the Liza&Tate Battle and the Maxie-Tabitha Tagteam to finally evovle it into a amazing Ludicolo. But if you can do that it is a good investment. Good luck!

Heart Gold Nuzlocke coming up! This will be interesting since I have to be honest and say that I have never beaten a game based in Johto. So hopefully this will give me a reason to! Still debating whether I should do a story or bullets. What do you guys think?

Rules:
-Battle style is set
-Standard "first pokemon you see" rule-- excluding duplicates and evolutions of duplicates
-No legendaries will be used
-I WILL catch a shiny if I see it
-If I run into an exceptionally rare Pokemon I WILL catch it in place it into the "ILLEGALS" box if it is not the first one I see on the route
-Gift Pokemon are allowed
-Eggs count where they hatch, not where they are given (Yay Primo Eggs!!)
-PC is allowed
-Pokemon Center and PokeMart trips are limited to 5 per town. (This includes using PC boxes to heal, but does not count using them to swap and store Pokemon)
-In battle, only 3 items from the bag are allowed to be used, and as many held items as equipped.
-If a Pokemon faints, I will put it into the PC into the 'MEMORIAL' box
-I will be catching back-ups who will be immediately boxed. (But the 1st pokemon on route still applies)

Wish me luck everyone!

I just started one of these in B2 yesterday. This is my first Nuzlocke, so I changed a few rules to make the whole thing less frustrating. As of now, none of my pokemon have dies.

~Same basic rules
~IF a wild pokemon is KO'd by a critical hit, and it is the first pokemon that I see in the area, then I can attempt to catch another. (HAX...)
~Same thing if I run out of Pokeballs trying to catch a pokemon
~All of my pokemon must be named within a theme. The theme this time is: Nintendo characters
~Any died Pokemon WILL NOT BE RELEASED so I can use them after I beat the game
~I'm not required to catch duplicates

I'm in Virbank City now, and so far, I have:
Mikau the Oshawott (After the Zora in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)

Tac the Purrloin (After the cat-like thief enemies in Kirby Super Star)

Wiggler the Sewaddle (After the caterpillar enemies in the Mario series)

Duck Hunt the Psyduck (After Nintendo's famous game, Duck Hunt)

Sumia the Pidove (After the pegasus knight from Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Amp the Magnemite (After the electrical orbs from Mario)

WISH ME LUCK!

Are people still posting their Nuzlocke challenges here, or has it been moved? Sorry, kinda new.
Keen to start an old-school Blue Nuzlocke, all the traditional rules, for my first ever one!

Alrighty, here we go with my first ever Nuzlocke instalment! Since I've never done one before, I'm thinking I'll keep it fairly simple.

This will be a traditional Nuzlocke run of the classic Pokemon Blue.

My rules:

1) Fainting equals death. No second chances, no putting them in a cushy little box. I'm releasing them. They faint? They're dead to me.
2) Must catch the first encountered Pokemon in each area. Only one chance. Not allowing myself a duplicates exception - if all I see is Pidgey, so. be. it.
3) Nicknames - I've decided to go with a literature theme. Some of them will be my attempt at a clever reference, others will just be because I've always thought 'Gatsby' or 'Estella' would be an awesome name for either a pet, or a Pokemon. Not allowed any more pets after last that unpleasant incident last Christmas, so Pokemon it is.
4) I can't level my team above the level of the next Gym Leader's highest level Pokemon. Mainly wanted to add this to make it more of a challenge, and to ensure I don't resort to grinding to win. But since it's optional, I'm not going to be heaps upset if there are some level 30s in my team when I take on Erika, for example.
5) Just to make Gym battles a bit more interesting - I must use the same number of Pokemon as the Gym Leader, and each of them must participate (to stop me sweeping Koga with a Hypno).
6) Playing on Set, not Shift.

I don't plan on writing very lengthy updates - mainly just the key developments of each instalment, along with some commentary. If you'd care to follow, I hope you enjoy! Comments/suggestions/feedback welcome.

------------

Tibbs' Pokemon Blue Nuzlocke Challenge Instalment #1

Main Developments:
-Selected Charmander as my starter. Nicknamed him Eustace. He's adorable and I love him and we've already bonded heaps and if he dies I'll cry.
-Eustace defeated Blue's Squirtle, but not without the help of that sneaky PC Potion.
-Oak's Parcel, Pokedex, 'great undertaking in Pokemon history', etc.
-Bought first Pokeballs - now the fun begins.
-Encountered and captured a Level 2 Rattata on Route 1. Nicknamed him Atticus. He has 13 HP. 13. Shedninja looks bulky next to that. But still thankful it wasn't a Pidgey.
-Encountered a Level 3 Rattata on Route 22. Don't need two. Crushed it.
-Eustace and Atticus made Blue's Pidgey and Squirtle (respectively) feel the wrath of their Base Power 40 STAB moves. His Squirtle followed up about three Tail Whips with a Bubble. Atticus pulled through, somehow.
-Bypassed the Old Man entirely.
-Encountered and captured a Level 3 Pidgey on Route 2. Nicknamed him Casaubon. Not planning on training him, mainly because in Generation I, bless it, he won't get any Flying-type STAB until after evolution, and even then it's a Base Power 35 Wing Attack. That, I can do without. All he'd really bring to the table is a Grass-type resist, and Eustace has got that covered.
-Encountered and captured a Level 3 Pikachu (!) in Viridian Forest. Nicknamed him Gatsby. Now, I know how rare Pikachu are here. Heck, I remember pouring the better part of a weekend into trying to find one of these suckers as a kid. So I was very surprised I found one first. And I suppose I should feel lucky. But to be honest, Gatsby kind of screwed me. Was kind of hoping for a Caterpie, so I could bring a Butterfree's Confusion into the upcoming battle with Brock. Looks like I'll need to push the aforementioned Base Power 40 STAB moves a little bit farther.
-Next time: Sticking it to Bug Catchers, Brock, and maybe even Mt. Moon!

Current Team:
[pimg]4[/pimg]
Eustace the Charmander, Level 10
Moveset: Scratch, Growl, Ember
[pimg]19[/pimg]
Atticus the Rattata, Level 9
Moveset: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack
[pimg]16[/pimg]
Casaubon the Pidgey, Level 3
Moveset: Gust
[pimg]25[/pimg]
Gatsby the Pikachu, Level 3
Moveset: ThunderShock, Growl

Graveyard:
Mercifully unpopulated. You'll hear about it when that changes, trust me.

I...I never heard about this.

IT'S AWESOME!

I'm gonna start one immediatly on my HG!( I'd do BW,but i need it for breeding :| )
Man,i love adding extra difficulty to my playthroughs...

Tibbs' Pokemon Blue Nuzlocke Challenge Instalment #2

Main Developments:
-Tore through Viridian Forest like a demon. Grinded a bit towards the end to get ready for Brock. A little apprehensive as to how it could go, considering the complete lack of any super effective/neutral offensive options.
-Turns out I need not have worried - never underestimate the stupidity of Generation I AI and the sparsity of its movepools! I led with my Level 13 Gatsby against Brock's Geodude. Using Growl, we got him down to -6 Attack, so his Tackles were doing pittance and his only other option was Defense Curl. Switched to Level 14 Eustace, who managed a 4- or 5-Hit KO with Ember. Rinsed and repeated with Onix, and we had ourselves our first Badge!
-Sold the Bide TM ASAP.
-Beginning to notice that Eustace and Gastby are getting a bit clique-y. Sort of leaving Atticus out of things, social events, Facebook groups, stuff like that. I think it's because he didn't really contribute much to the Gym victory, the other two getting a bit full of themselves and the fact that their movepools contain stuff that isn't Normal-type.
-Met the shorts guy on Route 3! I wonder if he knows how famous he is now. Still just talking about them shorts. So, guess not.
-Also met a wild Level 7 Spearow. Captured him and nicknamed him Icarus. Thought about it for a bit, but eventually decided against training him. Though he does get Flying STAB, it's only Peck; Bugs and Grass-types are covered by Eustace's Ember, and it'll be a while before I encounter any threatening Fighting-types, I think. He can hang with Casaubon on the back of my belt though.
-It was only then that I realised my fatal error - making Icarus my Route 3 capture meant that I could no longer purchase a Magikarp for 500 bucks! Having a Gyarados would have been fun. Grinding a Magikarp would not. Decided I could bear the loss and soldier on.
-Upon entering the cavernous depths of Mt. Moon, encountered and captured a wild Level 8 Zubat. Nicknamed him Harker. Decided his usefulness was roughly on par with Icarus's.
-Taught Atticus Water Gun with TM12! Pretty sure he's now the closest thing I have to a wallbreaker, what with STAB Hyper Fang and a special coverage move to smash his biggest counters. I can see his Smogon analysis now.
-During battle with a Super Nerd, Eustace evolved into a Charmeleon at Level 16!
-Was revelling in the nostalgia of exploring Mt. Moon, remembering how excited I was during my first ever Pokemon cave experience around 14 years ago... and then tragedy struck.
-Beloved Atticus, my very first capture, died in battle against a Rocket's Level 16 Raticate. Not that I'm bitter or anything, but that thing is seriously way too overpowered to be sitting in the middle of Mt. Moon. It has STAB Hyper Fang running off Base 81 Attack! Nasty.
-I think it was then that Eustace and Gatsby got a bit of a reality check. Realised that lives were on the line here. It could have been them. But Atty the Ratty took one for the team.
-Upon reaching Cerulean City, we held a small, dignified memorial service around the PC in the corner of the Pokemon Center, and released our companion to the afterlife.
-However, life goes on, and everyone knows that the fastest way to get over the death of a pet is to get a new one. So off we went to the grass on Route 4, to the west of Cerulean.
-Imagine our surprise when we saw, leaping out from between the tall blades, Atticus come back to life! Or so we imagined, if only for a second. It was another Rattata, this one Level 12, and not nearly as attractive. However, beggars can't be choosers, so I captured him, and nicknamed him Pettigrew. Here's hoping he enjoys more luck than both his predecessor and his namesake.
-Was wandering up towards the Nugget Bridge, still trying to decide whether to train Pettigrew up as a replacement for Atticus, when I was beset upon by Blue. Gatsby shouldered most of the workload this time, taking out both his Pidgeotto and Squirtle.
-Cleaned up on Nugget Bridge. If that was seriously their best, they should all have plenty of regrets. They're terrible.
-Was a bit excited about my Route 24 encounter - a Bellsprout could end the long drought of captures with rather dim prospects of usefulness. Alas, it was a Level 12 Abra (again, what are the chances?), who managed to teleport away before I could capture him, despite crippling paralysis.
-Given that disappointing outcome, decided to train up Pettigrew. At least he'd still have Hyper Fang, though we lost our only weapon against Rock/Ground Types when Atticus died, taking Water Gun with him.
-Made it to Bill's. Pettigrew evolved into Raticate on the way, at Level 20. Something dear Atticus never got to do... Sniff.
-Next time: Misty, the S.S. Anne, and hopefully a decent capture!

Current Team:
[pimg]5[/pimg]
Eustace the Charmeleon, Level 21
Moveset: Scratch, Mega Punch, Ember, Leer
[pimg]20[/pimg]
Pettigrew the Raticate, Level 20
Moveset: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang
[pimg]25[/pimg]
Gatsby the Pikachu, Level 21
Moveset: ThunderShock, Growl, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack

Graveyard:
[pimg]19[/pimg]
Atticus the Rattata, Level 17

It was only then that I realised my fatal error - making Icarus my Route 3 capture meant that I could no longer purchase a Magikarp for 500 bucks! Having a Gyarados would have been fun. Grinding a Magikarp would not. Decided I could bear the loss and soldier on.
You could still buy the Magikarp; Spearow was route 3, while Magikarp is in the Route 4 Pokemon centre.

Has anyone ever done a nuzelock of the hack "Blaze black 2" or "volt white 2"
it has all 649 pokemon in it and the difficulty is increased.

i think everyone should try it. trust me it's challenging

I'm doing a Nuzlocke of Platinum now. Same rules as standard, except that I don't have to catch the first Pokemon of the area if it is in the same evolutionary family as one that I already have (this means that, if, for example, I have a Bidoof, I don't have to catch a Bidoof or a Bibarel if it is the first Pokemon to appear in an area). I am nicknaming my Pokemon with a theme of fruit and vegetables (don't know why, really). At the moment I have Strawberry the Chimchar, Choko the Bidoof, Mango the Starly and Parsley the Budew.

You could still buy the Magikarp; Spearow was route 3, while Magikarp is in the Route 4 Pokemon centre.
Ahh, you're right! I figured that Route 3 went all the way up to the entrance of Mt. Moon, and that Route 4 started on the eastern side - but that Pokemon Center is indeed on Route 3! Ah well. Wasn't really in the mood to be slowed down by a Magikarp grind, so not a huge deal. But that's still helpful - will have to keep a closer eye on Route beginnings/endings, particularly as I made another irritating mistake in that regard in this update...

Tibbs' Pokemon Blue Nuzlocke Challenge Instalment #3

Main Developments:
-First up was the Gym battle with Misty! Never really got over my crush on this chick. Sometimes, when I was bored playing Blue as a kid, I'd go into the Cerulean Gym, and just stand next to her. Sometimes surf around a bit. But mainly just stand there. No joke.
-Anyway, the battle went well. Newly evolved Pettigrew OHKOed her Staryu with a Hyper Fang, and Gatsby managed to bring down the mighty Starmie with a Thunder Wave and repeated ThunderShocks. To be fair, Misty's AI never selected BubbleBeam, so I got kind of lucky. Nevertheless - second Badge!
-Around this point, I realised I had made an irritating mistake. Upon checking the Town Map, I discovered that the patch of grass north-east of Nugget Bridge is in fact on Route 25, not on Route 24 as I had originally assumed. So I was allowed to catch another Pokemon there - and this one turned out to be a Level 12 Bellsprout! Would have been fun to use against Misty, and I generally don't like getting Pokemon any later than I have to. But still! Good to have caught something useful! Nicknamed her Delilah and trained her up on those delicious Sandshrews in Route 4. Good to have a reliable answer to Rock/Ground-types.
-Picked up the Dig TM from the Rocket criminal genius standing three feet from the door of the house he just robbed.
-Was hoping my success with Delilah could be repeated with a Meowth on Route 5, but alas, a Level 13 Pidgey. Crushed it.
-Maybe on Route 6 then? Nope. Level 13 Bellsprout. Eustace had a very healthy salad for lunch.
-After sapping a Jr. Trainer's Squirtle dry, Delilah evolved into a Weepinbell! This chick is lethal. She learnin' all dem powdas.
-Arrived in sunny Vermilion City, but couldn't do anything before dashing across to Route 11 to see what I could pick up there. My impatience was rewarded with a Level 12 Sandshrew! Captured him and nicknamed him Shasta. He's delightful.
-Shasta learnt Slash at Level 17. Wouldn't normally do a separate point for a single move, but Slash at Level 17 is so broken in Generation I, it deserves it.
-Ducked into Diglett's Cave to pick up a Level 22 Diglett, whom I nicknamed Gimli. Straight to the Box with this little fella, Shasta's got the Ground-type thing down.
-Just to add to the badassery, Shasta evolved into a Sandslash at Level 22 in Diglett's Cave. Now that he's survived infancy, I also taught him Dig. Base Power 100 STAB. This guy's a champ.
-With my team now shaping up nicely, we tore through the S.S. Anne. Now that I know what ends up happening to Blue's Raticate, I felt a little bad when Shasta shredded it to pieces. But only a little. Might have felt worse if his owner wasn't such a dick.
-Picked up the Cut HM, a heavy burden that I reluctantly laid on the shoulders of my dear Delilah.
-This wave of exhilarating success swept me right to the doors of Vermilion Gym. I entered, and proceeded to get pissed off with the stupid trash can puzzle. Ugh. Imagine needing to do that every time you arrived back from ducking out to the shops. Maybe Lt. Surge sends his minions to do it for him, and they lob his groceries over the gates or something.
-However, not even his watertight defenses could shield him from the Wrath of Tibbs. Delilah made her Gym debut at Level 24, and made quick work of his Voltorb with Sleep Powder and a few Vine Whips. Eustace crushed his Pikachu with a Mega(/Falcon) Punch to the face. In an oh-so-satisfying finale, my new bro Shasta switched into Raichu's Thunderbolt, laughed it off, and pummelled it with a Dig, winning us our third Badge.
-Anyone else noticed that, after you beat him, Lt. Surge condescends to tell you about Ground's immunity to Electric? Yeah dude. I know. That single fact is why you lose every one of your Gym matches, and why you're an idiot for setting up shop just down the road from a Cave swarming with Ground-types. But thanks for the hot tip.
-Next time: Rock Tunnel, Lavender Town, and a shopping spree in Celadon!

Current Team:
[pimg]5[/pimg]
Eustace the Charmeleon, Level 24
[pimg]20[/pimg]
Pettigrew the Raticate, Level 25
[pimg]70[/pimg]
Delilah the Weepinbell, Level 24
Moveset: Vine Whip, Sleep Powder, Cut, PoisonPowder
[pimg]25[/pimg]
Gatsby the Pikachu, Level 25
Moveset: ThunderShock, Growl, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack
[pimg]28[/pimg]
Shasta the Sandslash, Level 24
Moveset: Scratch, Sand Attack, Slash, Dig

Graveyard:
[pimg]19[/pimg]
Atticus the Rattata
Kind of unnerving how effortlessly I replaced him hey.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
-Anyone else noticed that, after you beat him, Lt. Surge condescends to tell you about Ground's immunity to Electric? Yeah dude. I know. That single fact is why you lose every one of your Gym matches, and why you're an idiot for setting up shop just down the road from a Cave swarming with Ground-types. But thanks for the hot tip.
People would have a much harder time beating him if he would get a Chinchou.

Another Emerald Nuzlocke failed. I lost a bunch of Pokemon to Hax and carelessness in Juan's Gym. And because for some reason I just never want to play a Generation II based game, I am restarting my Emerald Nuzlocke. So now presenting DEMoGorgon's Emerald Nuzlocke Mark III: Third Time's the Charm!

Rules:
-Battle style is set
-Standard "first pokemon you see" rule-- excluding duplicates and evolutions of duplicates (i.e., seeing a Zigzagoon first on Route 102 after already catching one on Route 101)
-The only other exception to the rule above is the Starter Pokemon, who is technically caught on Route 101, but I count it as given to me in Littleroot
-No legendaries will be used
-I WILL catch a shiny if I see it
-Gift Pokemon are allowed (though I'm pretty sure that is a non-issue in Emerald)
-PC is allowed
-Pokemon Center and PokeMart trips are limited to 5 per town. (This includes using PC boxes to heal, but does not count using them to swap and store Pokemon)
-In battle, only 3 items from the bag are allowed to be used, and as many held items as equipped.
-If a Pokemon faints, I will put it into the PC into the 'RIP' box
-I will be catching back-ups who will be immediately boxed. (But the 1st pokemon on route still applies)
-Forced losses by wild Pokemon do not count against me. (i.e., teleport, whirlwind, roar, fleeing, etc. Struggle does count against me)

Update 1: The Start of a New Journey
Update 2: The Bitter End
~~~~~~~
Update 1: The Sun Never Sets - Mark III-B Begins!
Update 2: Brawling Through the Waves

Double post, oh well, dem's the breaks:

-Named myself Zoran and shrunk down to start my journey
-Arrived in Littleroot after my 'wonderful' mother decides its a good idea to throw me in the back of a moving van and hope I don't end being smuggled off to some foreign country. Seriously, is that how kids a moved around in Japan?
-Jumped out of the van and entered the house. Such a nice, one room house, complete with a kitchen and table. Hey, at least my mom knows her place.
-Anyone wonder why they changed the Machokes in R/S to Vigoroths in E? The Machokes made so much more sense... but I digress. I look at the Vigoroths with envy and go upstairs.
-I start my clock, setting it to 10am where it will permanantly remain, because my internal battery is dead.
-Go downstairs, watch some documentary, then go next door to barge into the neighbors house totally unannounced and then go upstairs to meet the daughter.
-Meet May, who is already infatuated with my dashing good looks and great personality. Leave her to drool and pleasure herself at the thought of touching my amazing physique.
-Go to the little girl who says someone needs help but she can't do it cause she doesn't have any Pokemon. Seriously? Cause you think I do? You're not only tiny, you're also rather stupid.
-Again, another change I don't understand: Why is Prof. Birch (who when I was little accidentally thought it said Prof. Bitch) being chased by a Zigzagoon? When the hell did they become savage? The Poocheyena from R/S made so much more sense. But whatever.
-Kicked the horrifying Zigzagoon's ass using the magical Mudkip.
-The grateful Prof. Birch (Bitch lol, oh how I was a dumb child), decides that I should keep the Mudkip. So I decide to name the Brave Mudkip Kipper.
-I go and challenge May on Route 103, who is still drooling over me, and kick her ass with Mudkip. Thanks to his bawse nature, he dealt damage like a truck, and her Treeko didn't stand a chance.
-Went back to Littleroot, got my Pokedex and my Pokeballs, (and the ever useful running shoes), and proceeded on my grand quest.
-Captured Carl the Lonely Wurmple on Route 101 (praying for a Beautifly), Lady the Lax Poocheyena (who was boxed immediately), and then Tangello the Rash Lotad on Route 102. I never get lucky and catch a Ralts...
-Trained my team on Route 102, and what do you know Carl evolves... into a fucking Cascoon. Besides having decent natures, I'm not having any luck at all.
-Of fucking course Wally gets the BEST Pokemon possible out of the first 3 routes, and makes off like a bandit with a Ralts while I'm seething with anger.
-Whenever I get to Route 104 I always "cheat" a bit. I skip the lower half of 104, use repels in the Petalburg Woods, and then catch a Pokemon on the Upper half of 104. I seem to have better luck up there, and this helps get my No Duplicate Clause to kick in within the Petalburg Woods.
-Anyway, I do all this, along the way Carl evolved into a Dustox (whoop-de-fucking do). Top of Route 104 arrives and I'm hoping for a Taillow-- well after 60 bagillion Poocheyena's and Wurmples appear I finally find-- A Wingull. FUUUU! Well, I catch it, and add Pysho the Mild Wingull to the team.
-Another mini-rant. They say bug-types evolve early and that they grow fast. That is total BS. A Wurmple requires twice as much EXP. as did my Lotad, and about 1.5 times as much as did Mudkip. Bugs are a bunch of lies I say! And don't even get me started on training a Nincada.
-Anyway, I go back into the Petalburg Woods with no hope of a Duplicate Clause (and hoping for a Slakoth) and wind up having a Shroomish appear. I swear, I ALWAYS catch a Shroomish. I've gotten them two out of the past three runs. Oh well, Trina the Jolly Shroomish (too bad Grass-type moves couldn't be Physical, this is a good nature) was boxed. Maybe she'll be used if I can't catch a Fight-type.
-Finished sweeping my way all the way to Rustboro. "Cheated" again so that a Whismur didn't appear on Route 116 when I know Rusturf Tunnel is full of them.
-With a pretty solid team I went to the Gym.
-My team of Water and Grass types totally raped. Kipper swept Roxanne without taking a single hit. Champ status. And he wasn't even evolved to do it.
-Left the Gym and pursued the Aqua Grunt. Along the way I caught Gaga the Quirky Whismur in the tunnel.
-After saving Peeko, I got the Pokenav and was assigned errands. Then I finally went out to Route 116, again hoping for either a Taillow or and Abra (if I got really luck).
-Nope, I got Sakura the Rash Nincada. Maybe I'll train this pain-in-the-ass to help sweep Wattson.
-Did a little more training, then challenged May.
-It was a pretty easy battle, and I won again. May continues to fall even more infatuated with me.
-Noticing how easy it is to level Tangello up, and how close he is to evolving, I do some quick training on Route 116, and evolve Tangello into Lombre.
-Went to Mr. Briney's house and sailed to Dewford.

Kipper the Brave Mudkip (M)
Level 15
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Water Gun, Mudslap, Tackle, Growl
Opinion: So, I liek Mudkips. What can I say, Kipper is really strong. His nature is superb as are all his stats. I'd say MVP as of now, but since not many challenges have been faced it isn't a definitive call.

Carl the Lonely Dustox (M)
Level 11
Ability: Shield Dust
Moves: Confusion, Poison Sting, Tackle, String Shot
Opinion: Its a Dustox with a +attack-defense nature; it doesn't have much going for it. Carl will take out Brawly, and then be boxed. That's it.

Tangello the Rash Lombre
Level 14
Ability: Rain Dish
Moves: Absorb, Astonish, Nature Power, Bullet Seed
Opinion: Tangello is all about potential. He has the potential to be a tank. He has the potential to be a real team leader. But for now, he is using a crutch. With no strong moves, he can't take on powerful foes head-on, and that won't change until after the fifth gym.

Pysho the Mild Wingull (F)
Level 13
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Water Gun, Wing Attack, Supersonice, Growl
Opinion: Its a Wingull. Good typing, lacking stats. The only female on my team, I guess she will stay for now. At least her evolution has some bulk.

Lady the Lax Poocheyena (F); Level 3
Trina the Jolly Shroomish (F); Level 5
Sakura the Rash Nincada (F); Level 6
Gaga the Quirky Whismur (F); Level 6

None =D

As of now, the team is looking decent. Kipper seems to be the only powerhouse. The others kinda just fill in some supporting roles. Though I'm not digging the overwhelming focus on water-types. Hopefully I'll get some more diversity later on. Brawly shouldn't be bad, Wattson might be troublesome. But I'm still optimistic. Hopefully things continue to go well.

-Anyone wonder why they changed the Machokes in R/S to Vigoroths in E? The Machokes made so much more sense... but I digress.
-Again, another change I don't understand: Why is Prof. Birch (who when I was little accidentally thought it said Prof. Bitch) being chased by a Zigzagoon? When the hell did they become savage? The Poocheyena from R/S made so much more sense. But whatever.
-Another mini-rant. They say bug-types evolve early and that they grow fast. That is total BS. A Wurmple requires twice as much EXP. as did my Lotad, and about 1.5 times as much as did Mudkip. Bugs are a bunch of lies I say! And don't even get me started on training a Nincada.
Totally agree with all of this! Those changes from R/S to Emerald make so much less sense - and I have thought that about Bug-types since the first time I tried to train up a Butterfree - they soak up so much experience. Argh.

@CJorex and Geodude6: Again, so true! To be fair, there isn't really a viable Pokemon in Gen I that could have saved him - but he could at least follow his own advice and stop telling his Raichu to Thunderbolt Ground-types.

Meanwhile, before the next instalment, I just wanted to mention a couple of other qualifiers, which I hope will become relevant in the near future. Firstly, gift Pokemon are allowed. Secondly, so are in-game trades, provided that the Pokemon I trade is caught in keeping with the Nuzlocke rules.

Tibbs' Pokemon Blue Nuzlocke Challenge Instalment #4

Main Developments:
-Before leaving Vermilion, tunnelled through to the other side of Diglett's Cave. Not much for me here, apart from the Flash HM and a pang of regret that I couldn't catch that Abra. A Mr. Mime would have filled the obligatory Gen I Psychic team slot nicely, especially after missing out on a Drowzee.
-Now armed with the vanilla mediocrity that is Cut, returned to Cerulean and headed along Route 9. Quite enjoyed the trainers on this route - particularly the guy with two Beedrills! Delicious experience.
-Encountered a wild Level 16 Rattata. Have had more than my fair share of those, thank you very much.
-At this point, I realised I had a small problem. Pretty sure that the only Pokemon I have that can learn Flash is Pikachu. And really keen not to have to waste a moveslot on it. Hope loomed ahead in the grass on Route 10, however, where I knew there was a decent chance of encountering a Voltorb...
-Yeop. Spearow. FUUUUUUU-
-Only cried for twenty minutes, checked I had absolutely nothing else that could learn Flash, and then made one of the manliest decisions of my life. Yeah. That's right. Decided to brave the dark depths of Rock Tunnel without Flash.
-Apart from the paralysing fear, turned out to be fairly manageable. Kind of fun, even. Missed all the items, but I'm pretty sure I got most of the trainers (so many Slowpokes!), and I can always go back if I discover I missed a valuable TM. loljks it's Gen I.
-At some point, stumbled across a Level 17 Geodude. Captured him and nicknamed him Magwitch. Rock typing would be fun, but I can't trade, and I don't really want to be stuck with a pubescent Graveler forever. Too moody.
-Staggered out into the bright sunlight, and found myself in Lavender Town. Seventeen years later and it's still eerie as balls.
-Encountered and captured an adorable Level 16 Meowth on Route 8. Nicknamed her Maggie. A Persian would be badass, but couldn't be bothered slowing down for training at this point.
-Found one of Maggie's siblings on Route 7. No obligations here, I've done my bit to preserve the species.
-Ah, Celadon City. Always liked arriving here, so much going on. Loving the tension between booming commercialism and the sinister undertones of corrupt thuggery.
-First thing's first: headed to the Celadon Mansion and made sure that my Celadon City acquisition was the Level 25 Eevee that you totally steal from that really helpful guy. No time for remorse, I've got a crime gang to take down single-handedly without alerting any legitimate authorities, even though they're clearly known to exist in this universe. Nicknamed my Eevee Eponine. Extra tragedy if this one dies now.
-Oh gosh, no account of Celadon City would be complete without a mention of the hotel on the downtown strip, next to the restaurant. Easily my favourite NPC moment in Pokemon ever, I laugh every time. 'Cockblock' doesn't even begin to cover it.
-Blew some cash in the Department Store, with some of the best TMs in the game and some elementary stones amongst the most important finds. Used a Water Stone to evolve Eponine into a Vaporeon at Level 30 and a Thunder Stone to evolve my faithful companion Gatsby into a Raichu at Level 29. Mah babies be growin' up so fast. Sniff.
-Before I tackled the Game Corner, I thought I'd be a bit sneaky and try my luck on Route 16. Really, really wanted a Doduo, as I'm in need of a flier and Dodrio are commonly understood to be badass mofos. Got another Spearow. Tried to console myself with the knowledge that I've got two more shots at a Doduo. But deliberately switched to Gatsby so he could fry this little bitch with a Thunderbolt anyway.
-My preparations finally complete, took on the Rocket Game Corner. Genuinely a lot of fun, I like this stage. Spinny floor pads everywhere and crucial security items being thrown around like candy. Epic battle with Giovanni at the end - his Kangaskhan is seriously threatening with her monster stats and Normal-type STAB. High crit rate too. Shasta was able to weather her assaults with his high Defense and bring her down eventually though.
-Got me a Silph Scope. Yew.
-Decided to take on the Gym and make a clean job of Celadon. Totally love that there's an old guy drooling in the window, and that your Gym advice buddy is hitting the slots. Solid Game Freak humour right there.
-Paused for a moment to admire Erika's battle sprite. So serene. Then sent Pettigrew to munch on her Victreebel. Delilah was afforded a rare opportunity to use her Poison-type STAB super-effectively on Tangela, and Eustace did Fire-types everywhere proud by frying Vileplume with Ember. Also, her Victreebel and Vileplume totally have Razor Leaf and Petal Dance (respectively) when I know they shouldn't. Don't try and pull a fast one on me girl. You be cheatin'.
-Gross injustices aside, we emerged covered in goodness knows how many Powders and clutching our fourth Badge!
-Next time: the genuinely unsettling occurrences of Lavender Town, Biker gangs, and The Ongoing Quest for a Doduo.

Current Team:
[pimg]5[/pimg]
Eustace the Charmeleon, Level 30
[pimg]20[/pimg]
Pettigrew the Raticate, Level 29
[pimg]70[/pimg]
Delilah the Weepinbell, Level 29
Moveset: Vine Whip, Sleep Powder, Cut, Acid
[pimg]26[/pimg]
Gatsby the Raichu, Level 31
Moveset: ThunderShock, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Swift
[pimg]134[/pimg]
Eponine the Vaporeon, Level 30
Moveset: Ice Beam, Sand Attack, Swift, Quick Attack
[pimg]28[/pimg]
Shasta the Sandslash, Level 31
Moveset: Rock Slide, Sand Attack, Slash, Dig

Graveyard:
[pimg]19[/pimg]
Atticus the Rattata
Still no company for this little guy.

Starting a new one (I'm no writer, so no extravagant story)

-All standard rules
-Sapphire
-One Pokecenter visit per town
--No flying to Littleroot town
---No healing at Littleroot until third badge
--Full HP pokemon can have PP restored by depositing and withdrawing from pc
-Greek naming theme
-If first pokemon on a route is of an evo line captured earlier, no catch for that route

Odyseus

Charybdis (Mudkip)
Lv 5
-Tackle
-Growl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)