Fire Blast and SimonSays go at it! (3v3 singles) Subref: C$FP

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Open Challenge! (Someone I haven't battle preferably.)

Format: 3v3 Singles
DQ: 2 days
Restricted Moves: 3 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Switch: OK
Items: On

(I know I kind of limited your choice, but I really want to do a Switch: OK and Item: On battle)
I'll take it. You owe me a battle, remember?

1 Ability

Ref please!
Arena: A Battling Center in which scientists observe battles and record what they see. The Arena is a simple rectangular space with an open roof so the pokemon get some fresh air. Moves that will damage the delicate machinery used by the scientists are banned for the center. These include Rock-type moves, and Water-type moves. Moves that gain power from electricity (Electric-type moves) will be powered up, and have +1 Base Power. At any point in the match, there is a chance that one of the scientists will yell "Eureka" after making an amzaing discovery. This will encourage both pokemon currently battling, causing them to do 3 more damage then they would normally would have done on the next attack they use. The effect can only happen once a round, and will only affect one attacking move used by the pokemon. There is a 1/16 chance that "Eureka" will be yelled on any given action.

Fire Blast's Pokemon:

Noctowl* (Hedwig) (F)

Nature: Modest
+1 SpA, -1 Atk

Type: Normal/Flying

Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Keen Eye:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by any means. Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion.

Insomnia:
This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

Tinted Lens (DW):
When this Pokemon uses an attack that is normally not very effective, that attack is calculated at the next highest resisrance modifier. (e.g. 4x resistance is calculated at 2x, 2x resistance becomes neutral).

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk-: 1
Def: 2
SpA+: 4
SpD: 4
Spe: 70

EC: 6/6
MC: 1
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Tackle*
Growl*
Foresight*
Hypnosis*
Peck*
Uproar*
Reflect*
Confusion*
Take Down*
Roost
Air Slash
Extrasensory
Dream Eater

Agility*
Whirlwind*
Mirror Move*
Heat Wave

Work Up*
Double Team*
Pluck*
Substitute
Toxic
Hyper Beam

Rotom-S (Samsung)

Nature: Modest
+1 SpA, -1 Atk

Type: Flying/Electric

Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Abilities:
Levitate
Type: Trait
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk-: 2
Def: 4
SpA+: 5
SpD: 4
Spe: 86

MC: 0

Attacks:

Trick
Astonish
Thunder Wave
ThunderShock
Confuse Ray
Uproar
Double Team
Shock Wave
Discharge
Substitute
Hex
Charge

Will-O-Wisp
Reflect
Protect
Thunderbolt
Charge Beam
Shadow Ball
Snatch
Volt Switch

Pain Split

Milotic (Violet) (F)

Nature: Bold
+1 Def, -1 SpA

Type: Water

Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Marvel Scale:
This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

Cute Charm (DW):
This Pokemon’s natural cuteness causes Pokemon of the opposite gender in the same egg group to be attracted to it 30% of the time after striking with a contact move.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk-: 1
Def+: 4
SpA: 4
SpD: 5
Spe: 81

EC: 6/6
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Splash
Tackle
Water Gun
Wrap
Water Sport
Refresh
Water Pulse
Twister
Recover
Captivate

Scald
Protect
Rain Dance
Surf
Ice Beam

Confuse Ray
Hypnosis
Mirror Coat

SimonSays's Pokemon:

Growlithe (*) Prometheus (M)
Nature: Naughty [Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Defense]
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilites:
Intimidate: (Can be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing thier Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again.
Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any opposing fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2). Self-targeted attacks do not give the boost.
Justified (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 60

EC: 3/6
MC: 2
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Bite(*)
Roar(*)
Ember(*)
Leer(*)
Odour Sleuth(*)
Flame Wheel(*)
Reversal(*)
Take Down(*)
Crunch
Flamethrower

Close Combat(*)
Flare Blitz(*)
Morning Sun(*)

Dig(*)
Flame Charge(*)
Wild Charge(*)

Deerling [Prince] (M)
Nature: Adamant; [Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Special Attack]
Type: Normal/ Grass
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:
Chlorophyll: (Innate)During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.
Sap Sipper: (Innate)This Pokemon lives on a steady diet of plants and has developed defenses to every Grass-type attack. When attacked with a Grass-type move, damage and effects are negated and the Pokemon gains a one (1) stage attack boost. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.
Serene Grace (DW): (Innate)This Pokemon has a blessing which doubles the success chance of its attack’s secondary effects. (eg paralysis from Thunderbolt)

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 75

EC: 4/6

Attacks:
Tackle
Camouflage
Growl
Sand Attack
Double Kick
Leech Seed
Faint Attack
Take Down
Jump Kick
Nature Power
SolarBeam

Sythesis
Agility
Odour Sleuth

Protect
Return
Wild Charge

Eevee [Fawkes] (F)
Nature: Bashful (No effect)
Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and will evade any field traps and hazards that would harm it (Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes) in an arena. A Pokemon can still absorb Toxic Spikes if it has Run Away and is Poison-typed. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to switch out of trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
Adaptability: (Innate) The moves that match this Pokemon’s type have their Base Attack Power increased by two (2).
Anticipation (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is better at sensing dangerous attacks, and reduced the Base Attack Power from super-effective attacks, Selfdestruct, and Explosion by two (2).

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 55

EC: 1/6
MC: 1

Attacks:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Helping Hand
Growl
Sand Attack
Quick Attack
Last Resort

Tickle
Wish
Yawn

Sunny Day
Shadow Ball
Return

Well, uh, this should be quick.

Order of actions:
~ Fire Blast sends out a Pokemon and specifies an ability (also posts item if using one)
~ SimonSays sends out a Pokemon, specifies an ability (also posts item if using one), and orders actions
~ Fire Blast orders actions
~ I ref the round

Prometheus! Let's show these gents exactly how powerful a Little Cupper can be!

Ability: Intimidate. The lesser of 2 Useless.
Item... Oran Berry. It's the best you got.

Right, what're we gonna do now?
Prometheus, don't be scared of Gentleman Adversary's strength! Stare them down with some mean Leering action, then follow up with Flame Charge, then finish with all all-powerful Flare Blitz! If he get's cocky and leaves his appliance, use Crunch!

Leer ~ Flame Charge ~ Flare Blitz
Sub Crunch if he leaves his Appliance.

"Rotom, we can handle this runt! Let's slow him down and set up before going all out!"

Reflect ~ Thunder Wave ~ Charge

Rotom-S (Samsung)
Energy: 100
Speed: 86
Ability: Levitate
Item: Aspear Berry (2 uses)
Other: None

Growlithe (Prometheus) M
Energy: 100
Speed: 60
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Oran Berry

The match starts off with Fire Blast sending out Samsung the Rotom in its Spin Forme, while SimonSays sends out Prometheus the Growlithe. Prometheus, despite its small stature, starts Intimidating Samsung by glaring and barking at it, lowering its Attack. Samsung sets up a Reflect to protect itself, frightened by the little dog. Prometheus continues to Leer at the possessed fan, lowering its Defense. Samsung then shoots a Thunder Wave across the arena and paralyzes Prometheus, fully paralyzing him and preventing him from using a Flame Charge. Samsung then starts to Charge up electricity to prepare its inevitable attack, raising its Special Defense in the process, while Prometheus slams into Samsung with a Flare Blitz.

Rotom-S (Samsung)
HP: 78
Energy: 69
Other: -1 Atk, -1 Def, +1 SpD, Reflect (3 actions), Charged (6 actions)

Growlithe (Prometheus) M
HP: 86
Energy: 89

Action 1:
RNG Roll (To-Eureka) [<=63 Eureka]: 273/1000 (No)
Samsung used Reflect!
Other Change: Reflect (6 actions)
-8 energy
Prometheus used Leer!
Stat Change: -1 Def (Samsung)
-4 energy

Action 2:
RNG Roll (To-Eureka) [<=63 Eureka]: 626/1000 (No)
Samsung used Thunder Wave!
Status Change: PAR (25%)
-7+1 energy
Prometheus used Flame Charge!
RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=250 PAR]: 167/1000 (PAR)
Prometheus was fully paralyzed!

Action 3:
RNG Roll (To-Eureka) [<=63 Eureka]: 410/1000 (No)
Samsung used Charge!
Stat Change: +1 SpD (Samsung)
Other Change: Charged (6 actions)
-8+1 energy
Prometheus used Flare Blitz!
RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=200 PAR]: 990/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 479/1000 (No)
(12+3-5) + 1.75 = 11.75 ~ 12 damage
Prometheus lost 4 HP due to recoil!
RNG Roll (To-BRN) [<=100 BRN]: 107/1000 (No)
-8+1 energy

EDIT: Thanks for the Charge catch I did totally miss that....

Order of actions:
~ Fire Blast posts actions or decides to switch
~ SimonSays posts actions
~ I ref the round

Alright, let's stall out our foe a little bit. He's so keen to hit hard and repetitively, but we can play it smart.

Morning Sun ~ Flare Blitz ~ Leer
If Paralyzed, use the action you should have.

Rotom-S (Samsung)
HP: 78
Energy: 69
Other: -1 Atk, -1 Def, +1 SpD, Reflect (3 actions), Charged (6 actions)

Growlithe (Prometheus) M
HP: 86
Energy: 89

~All the moves like Jagger, I've got the moves like Jagger, I've got the mo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oves like Jagger
(flavor will either be up in ~30 minutes or ~7 hours)

Rotom-S (Samsung)
HP: 66
Energy: 50
Other: -1 Atk, -2 Def, +1 SpD, Charged (3 actions)

Growlithe (Prometheus) M
HP: 61
Energy: 63

Action 1:
RNG Roll (To-Eureka) [<=63 Eureka]: 576/1000 (No)
Samsung used Thunderbolt!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 185/1000 (No)
(10+3+3+6+1) = 23 damage
-7+1 energy
Prometheus used Morning Sun!
RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=150 PAR]: 713/1000 (No)
+25 HP
-15 energy

Action 2:
RNG Roll (To-Eureka) [<=63 Eureka]: 807/1000 (No)
Samsung used Trick!
Success
-7 energy
Prometheus used Flare Blitz!
RNG Roll (To-PAR) [<=150 PAR]: 911/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 174/1000 (No)
(12+3-5) + 1.75 = 11.75 ~ 12 damage
Prometheus lost 4 HP due to recoil!
RNG Roll (To-BRN) [<=100 BRN]: 555/1000 (No)
-8+1 energy

Action 3:
RNG Roll (To-Eureka) [<=63 Eureka]: 250/1000 (No)
Samsung used Thunderbolt!
RNG (To-Crit) [<=63 Crit]: 895/1000 (No)
(10+3+3+6+1) = 23 damage
-7+1 energy
Prometheus used Leer!
Stat Change: -1 Def (Samsung)
-4 energy

It's alright, we got this. Although an Evolite would be nice right now...

Start with another Flare Blitz, to keep the fire burning. Then, Morning Sun! (If he tries to Snatch it, then just chill) Finish up with either a chill if you haven't already, or a Crunch.

Flare Blitz ~ Morning Sun ~ Chill
Sub Chill, then Crunch if he tries to Snatch Morning Sun.

EDIT: Yes I can! Prometheus is Pro! He can solo Giants! Floating ghosties and haunted Fans are no match for us!

I'm sorry, I'm on vacation and I thought I would be able to do this still, and I probably can, but it would be slowly and that's not very fair to you two, so you should probably find a subref :(

OK, I am subreffing this for you guys. I am just going to put this up for now, because I gotta do something right now. Also, since I just joined this match, if the two of you could keep track of the chill/recoveries until these two faint, that would be good.

Rotom-S (Samsung)
HP: 66
Other: -1 Atk, -2 Def, +1 SpD, Charged (3 actions)

Growlithe (Prometheus) M
HP: 61
Energy: 63

Samsung starts with a powerful Thunderbolt, but Prometheus fights right back with a Flare Blitz. They both take a break, Samsung chilling for some energy, while Prometheus basks in the Morning Sun to gain some health. Then, Samsung catches Prometheus off guard with a Thunderbolt! Prometheus clearly doesn't care, he just chills out.

Rotom-S (Samsung)
HP: 47
Other: -1 Atk, -1 Def

Growlithe (Prometheus) M
HP: 37
Energy: 53

Action 1:
Samsung: Thunderbolt: 10 + 3 + 3 + (5-1)*1.5 = 22 Damage, 6 Energy
Prometheus: Flare Blitz: 12 + 3 + (4-4)*1.5 + (2-0)*1.75 = 18.5, rounds to 19 Damage, 7 Energy, 5 recoil

Action 2:
Samsung: chill: +12 Energy
Prometheus: Morning Sun: 15 Energy, +25 HP

Action 3:
Samsung: Thunderbolt: 10 + 3 + 3 + (5-1)*1.5 = 22 Damage, 6 Energy
Prometheus: chill: +12 Energy

Fire Blast's actions
SimonSays's actions
I ref

EDIT: Oops, I noticed that when I was doing the calcs, but then I forgot to add it in :P

Growlithe should be at 37 HP because both of my Thunderbolts should have done 3 extra damage because of Charge.

"Finish him!"

Air Slash ~ Thunderbolt ~ Air Slash

I've used both of my Recoveries. Sadly...

Growlithe, finish him off! Although you can't get the KO, you can set up for those who follow behind!

Flare Blitz ~ Flame Charge ~ Flame Wheel

Rotom-S (Samsung)
HP: 47
Other: -1 Atk, -1 Def

Growlithe (Prometheus) M
HP: 37
Energy: 53

Samsung starts by Slashing the Air, sending a powerful wind at Prometheus! Prometheus desperately Flare Blitzes at Samsung, but it seems the recoil is deadly, as Samsung shoots a Thunderbolt at Prometheus, knocking it to the ground.

Rotom-S (Samsung)
HP: 30
Energy: 39
Other: -1 Atk

Growlithe (Prometheus) M
HP: -4
Energy: 46

Action 1:
Samsung: 8 + 3 + (5-1)*1.5 = 17 Damage, 5 Energy
Prometheus: Flare Blitz: 12 + 3 + (4-4)*1.5 + (1-0)*1.75 = 16.75, rounds to 17 Damage, 7 Energy, 5 recoil

Action 2:
Samsung: Thunderbolt: 10 + 3 + (5-1)*1.5 = 19 Damage, 6 Energy

SimonSays sends out a Pokemon and gives actions
Fire Blast's actions
I ref

Alright, it's okay Prometheus. You did your best. Perhaps our foe was just too much...

Alright, let's go, Fawkes! Show them just how Adaptable you are!

First, you need to try and get an advantage by putting your foe to sleep! Then, you need to soften up our foe with some Tickling! Then, try to finish him off with a Return!
Ohh, and if you see any Will-O-Wisp, use a ShadowBall to try and negate it and deal some Burn damage on thy foe!

Yawn ~ Tickle ~ Return
Sub Shadow Ball if foe uses Will-O-Wisp, to negate it and maybe knock some of those flames back.

Don't forget my Oran Berry next round!

"He's made a critical mistake! Take advantage of it!"

Substitute (20) ~ Chill ~ Pain Split

IF Pain Split will cause you to run out of energy THEN Chill once more

Damn it, I just lost the whole reffing. I am very sorry, but I don't want to ref it again. I can quickly show the results, and you guys can ask questions if something seems wrong. But basically, Substitute used up enough HP to activate the Oran Berry, the Substitute blocked Tickle and Yawn, and Pain Split was a success (and is broken).

Rotom-S (Samsung)
HP: 55
Energy: 4
Item: Oran Berry (used)
Other: -1 Atk, 10 HP Substitute

Eevee (Fawkes) F
Energy: 83
Speed: 55
Ability: Adaptability
Item: none

Rotom-S (Samsung)
Energy: 4
Other: -1 Atk, 10 HP Substitute

Eevee (Fawkes) F
Energy: 83

Samsung starts with chilling so it can actually do anything anymore, while Fawkes creates a Sunny Day. Samsung charges himself, charging at Fawkes, hitting Fawkes and then Switches Volts, turning around toward Fire Blast. Fawkes makes a Wish that the next Pokemon won't be too effective (we will have to see how that goes). Samsung puts up a Reflective wall for the use of its team, returning to the Pokeball, losing all status. Right as the substitute is fading, Fawkes attempts to Attack Samsung with Sand, but the fading substitute blocks it.

Rotom-S (Samsung)
Energy: 5
Other: Reflect (5 actions)

Eevee (Fawkes) F
Energy: 52

Sunny (3 rounds)

Action 1:
Samsung: chill: +12 Energy
Fawkes: Sunny Day: 10 Energy

Action 2:
Samsung: Volt Switch: 7 + 3 + (5-3)*1.5 = 13 Damage, 4 Energy
Fawkes: Wish: 17 Energy

Action 3:
Samsung: Reflect: 7 Energy
Fawkes: Sand-Attack: 4 Energy

Milotic is out.
Fire Blast's actions

SimonSays's actions
I ref

Right, I forgot about that.

Data Audit said:
Volt Switch: [Switch=KO] The Pokemon strikes the opponent with electricity before dashing off in a different direction, outpacing even trapping abilities. If the attack succeeds, Volt Switch will reset the Pokemon’s positive and negative stat changes, temporary status, and other effects like Disable, Magnet Rise, Perish Song Taunt, Torment, Smack Down, and Substitute.
[Switch=OK] The Pokemon strikes the opponent with electricity before dashing off back to its trainer, outpacing even trapping abilities. At the end of the round, the Pokemon will return to its Pokeball, getting rid of any stat-boosts and status afflictions. The Pokemon is then forced to switch. The trainer will issue their attacks first next round.

Attack Power: 7 | Accuracy: 100% | Energy Cost: 5 | Attack Type: Special | Effect Chance: -- | Typing: Electric | Priority: 0 | CT: Set
No, I don't.

Although I'm impressed at how fast you got the reffing up. =]

"Okay Milotic, let's make things interesting! I want you to move in close to Eevee, and Wrap her in your body. Then, use Splash to jump into the the sky, and shoot a Water Gun out to push Eevee down to the ground, for a ton of damage."

Wrap ~ Splash + Water Gun ~ Rest

IF
my actions wouldn't work THEN use Confuse Ray ~ Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam

Ohh lordy. That's 2 different attacks sets I have to look out for. But, let's try not to let that get us down!

Growl ~ Quick Attack ~ Yawn
If the first set (For Milotic) won't work, then ShadowBall (Neutralise Confuse Ray) ~ Growl ~ Quick Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)