Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer mark 6 (read 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Good to see people being less spammy and using google more. Keep it up!

[thread=26660]READ THIS THREAD BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.[/thread]

Rules for answering questions here:
1. Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.
2. While answering Yes/No question, please quote the question you're referring to.

If a Pokemon of mine is infected with Pokerus and is holding a Power Lens (+4 Sp.Atk EVs), how many EV points would I get for battling a Ghastly (+1 Sp.Atk EV)?

Also, how does Pokerus spread throughout my party? (I don't see it happening.)

If a Pokemon of mine is infected with Pokerus and is holding a Power Lens (+4 Sp.Atk EVs), how many EV points would I get for battling a Ghastly (+1 Sp.Atk EV)?
10 EVs. About spreading Pokerus, battle a few times with the Pokerus infected Pokemon and it will eventually spread it one by one.

Also, how does Pokerus spread throughout my party? (I don't see it happening.)
you have to battle with it, and then it spreads to the pokemon in your team.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
@ Anyone with Battle Tower experience.

My current team I'm assembling consists of Weavile (SD with Focus Sash) and Salamence (Life Orb)

Now I have two questions:

First of all, what would be better on Salamence out of Crunch or Roost (in the battle tower, obviously)

Second: I'm stuck between Magnezone and Lucario (Specs) for the third slot. Now the reasons to choose Magnezone would be its good defensive capabilities with the ability to still hit hard (and its immunity to OHKO moves with Sturdy ^^), whilst for Lucario I like it because it can hit hard and it has a never miss move and a priority move for Focus Sashers and Double Teamers respectively, but I dislike it because it might get me locked into one move and because it isnt really sturdy.

Suggestions?

Btw this is copied and pasted from the previous thread, as it was locked before it could get a reply.

Ok, which of these totodiles should I use:

Naughty: 10/31/26/20/27/28
Adamant: 4/31/31/7/2/30

I was calculating and qith my EV spread, the naughty would have 6 more hp points and 5 more sp def points but the adamant would have 3 more speed points and and 5 more def points

Fast Physical Sweepers include Garchomp,Infernape,Dugtrio(to some pokemon atleast),Tauros,Aerodactyl and a whole bunch more.

You get Nasty Plot by breeding a Honchkrow with a Togetic/Kiss(iruchii beat me to it, my server keeps logging me out automatically I wonder why?)

IVs alone the Naughty is better

Naughty: 10/31/26/20/27/28 [female]
Adamant: 4/31/31/7/2/30 [male]

Should I stick with one of these or should I try breeding them together?

Naughty: 10/31/26/20/27/28 [female]
Adamant: 4/31/31/7/2/30 [male]

Should I stick with one of these or should I try breeding them together?
You really want an Adamant nature, not naughty (so you want your female to be Adamant).

Anyways, I was reading the Machamp analysis, and on the rest-talker set it had No Guard as the recommended ability. I checked the abilities page and it says that Guts does indeed increase your attack by 1.5 while you're asleep, so why is No Guard recommended over Guts? A 1.5 times damage boost while you're asleep seems like a pretty good reason to use Guts over No Guard.

It is because the moves mentioned in that analysis have low accuracy(especially Dynamic Punch). If you wish, you can use Guts instead and use the more accurate move. The analyses are just a guideline, you can think and make your own decisions. I'll still look into the matter.

EDIT: No guard is better as Dynamic Punch is a whole lot better than Cross Chop! (Especially with thunderwave and such)

Does the Synchronize ability affect subs? Say my opponent sets up a sub and I switch in Alakazam holding Flame Orb. If and when the orb activates, will Synchronize affect the pokemon behind the sub?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does the Synchronize ability affect subs? Say my opponent sets up a sub and I switch in Alakazam holding Flame Orb. If and when the orb activates, will Synchronize affect the pokemon behind the sub?
The Flame Orbs\Toxic Orbs do not trigger Synchronize.

And even if they did, Synchronize does not affect Pokemon behind a Substitute.

if i have a sub up, can i still get leech seeded?

once the leech seed user dies, will the next pokemon that the opponent brings still get leech seed benefits?

if i have a sub up, can i still get leech seeded?

substitute blocks leech seed, along with all other status [not sure about static]

once the leech seed user dies, will the next pokemon that the opponent brings still get leech seed benefits?

you will still receive the benefits until the affected pokemon switches or faints.
What's a good pokemon/moveset for the super contests? I've got absolutely no experience in them =/

What's a good pokemon/moveset for the super contests? I've got absolutely no experience in them =/
Swords-dance and waterfall/surf

Swords-dance to double your score the next turn. It also doesn't give you anything, so you'll likely end up going first the next turn, having the least number of points. Use a +2 if you go first type thing, and you get 8 points from it. In total, not including any judge-bonuses, that's 16 points for the entire match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)