WSC Megathread III ~ Hiatus

Smogon Weekly Spriting Contest ~ WSC

Officially approved by Alchemator and shifted from Dogfish 44
Banner by jumpluff

This will be the NEW thread in which spriting contests occur every week. Weeks go in order of Challenge Week -> Simple Week -> Fun Week -> Review Week, and then repeat. Note that polling will occur in a separate thread.
Rules

General Rules

1. All Smogon Forum Rules Apply.​

2. If your entry is turned down, do not complain and revise your entry.​

3. Stealing artwork is prohibited. If you are found to be stealing, you will be disqualified and banned from the current WSC contest, banned for five WSCs after two instances, and permanently banned after three instances.​

4. Have a question, or want to suggest a rule or theme? Feel free to PM ToastTyrant13 or Alchemator about it.​

5. You are not allowed to reserve spots. This is considered spam. If you spam once, you will be excluded from the current contest. Do it twice, banned for the next 3 contests. Spam thrice and you'll a ban for life.

6. This isn't a comment thread. Quoting a sprite just to say that it looks good and contributing nothing to the topic, this is counted as spam. Constructive Criticism is acceptable, however.​

Pariticipation Rules

1. All entries must fit the theme. The Theme will be specified at the top of the first post.​

2. All entries should fit the size restraints. A BW styled sprite is 96x96, a DPPHGSS styled sprite is 80x80, a GSCRSEFRLG styled sprite is 64x64, and a RBYG styled sprite is 54x54. Unless stated, a contest will be in a BW format. This does not restrict your choice of sprite to ones from Pokémon Black and White, and any can be used if you feel you wish to. Animated Sprites will not be required unless stated.

3. Your sprite must be transparent and in a 96x96 canvas. If you want to make a sprite transparent, use the programs Paint.NET, Graphics Gale, GIMP, www.iaza.com, or Adobe Photoshop. MS Paint cannot make something transparent.​

4. All entries should be saved as a .png for not animated weeks, and a .gif for animated weeks. .bmp and .jpg/.jpeg distort the qualit of the image, and program exclusive files cannot be uploaded to Photobucket, Imageshack, or Tinypic.​

5. As a note about editing your entries: Editing is allowed, but only in small doses, such as small touch-ups to the outline, changing the colors, or shading fixes are acceptable. Completely changing your entry is not allowed.​

Judging

Once all sprites are submitted, and the week is closed, sprites go through the judging. Out of all the sprites submitted, the top 5 sprites are sent to the polls, and of those 5, a Winner is chosen via said poll. Judging goes by:​
Concept: /5
Execution: /5
Personal Preference: /5
Total: /15​
and the 5 spriters with the highest scores out of 15 go to the polls. Judging is executed via PM, so no players see or mess with the judging and scores. Once in a Poll is set up, ANY and ALL sprites of that week can be nominated for "Most Original" and "Most Humorous".​

And with that, I welcome you all to WSC Megathread III!​

Banner by Jumpluff

Hall of Fame
Dark Of The Moon
Week 0 /14 Winner ~
~Elcheeso

Most Humorous ~~Romeert

Most Original ~
~Master Win

The Rebirth
Week 1 Winner ~
~Elcheeso

Most Humorous ~
~Rittercat

Most Original ~
~Homeslice

Opposites Attract
Week 2 Winner ~
~Ice-cold Claws

Most Humorous ~
~Ice-cold Claws

Most Original ~
~Ice-cold Claws

Mix it Up!
Week 3 Winner ~
~Ice-cold Claws

Most Humorous ~
~Romeert

Most Original ~
Ice-Cold Claws

Week 4 Review

Remember The Titans
Week 5 Winner ~
~elcheeso

Most Humorous ~
~Rawbi
Most Original ~
~ToastTyrant13

More than Meets the Eye
Week 6 Winner ~
~Bynine

Most Humorous ~~Romeert

Most Original ~
~Rawbi

A Trainer and His Pokemon

Week 7 Winner ~
~Ice-cold Claws

Most Humorous ~
~Typhloterra

Most Original ~
~ToastTyrant13

Week 8 Review

Pokebots, Roll Out!
Week 9 Winner ~*~
~Ice-cold Claws
Most Humorous ~
~elcheeso
Most Original ~
~Ice-cold Claws

I'll Make a Man Out of You
Week 10 Winner~*~
~Crashman

Most Humorous ~
~Crashman

Most Original ~
~Crashman

HUMILIATION
Week 11 Winner ~
~RevolverKnight

Most Humorous ~
~Master Win

Most Original ~
~RevolverKnight

Week 12 - Review Week

~*~Fright Night~*~
Week 13 Winner ~
Most Humorous ~
Most Original ~

~*~NO-FEAR-NOVEMBER~*~
Week 14 Winner ~
Most Humorous ~
Most Original ~

Be Thankful for the Theme
No Participation

~Week 1~
~*~The Rebirth~*~
Create a simple fusion to represent a new beginning; new life; youth; health, etc. Because of the natural and fresh beginning of this thread, the sprite shall consist of the elements of the well-known Starter Pokémon. Your fusion must consist of a Water type, a Fire type, AND a Grass type. Good luck spriters, welcome to the new WSC Megathread! This Week will close Sunday the 31st at Noon (12:00 PM GMT-7).

I'm not too sure i understand this concept. What do you mean by a new beginning? Or do you mean we just need to create a water, fire, grass fusion?

I'm not too sure i understand this concept. What do you mean by a new beginning? Or do you mean we just need to create a water, fire, grass fusion?
For clarification (a simple theme, but I worded it confusingly. My bad)

Theme: Rebirth, Life, Youth, Health
Additions: Must consist of a Water type, a Grass type, AND a Fire type.

Here it is...

To fully signify rebirth the fire, water and grass are all gen 1 starters.
The elegant liquid sprays symbolising freshness and purity are from Wartortle.
The child newly born is Charmander
The bulb of fertility and new life is from Ivysaur
The stem of support and guidance is from Palkia
The pink colouration of natural life is from Clefairy

By the way Toast, are you just going to list the winners or also present their sprites in the HoF? I'm in favour of the latter, for what it's worth. Also, wasn't the uh... "dark of the moon" week meant to be week 0, and not the one before that?

By the way Toast, are you just going to list the winners or also present their sprites in the HoF? I'm in favour of the latter, for what it's worth. Also, wasn't the uh... "dark of the moon" week meant to be week 0, and not the one before that?
Fixed Week 0. Also, for the Hall of Fame, the Spriter, Sprite itself, and a little bit of commentary will be displayed for each winner (regardless of category).

If the theme is rebirth, then can we have something being reborn from when it was dead or something? Like a golem (who looks old) being brought back to life from the three main elements? So technically it wouldn't be a child, but it would be reborn as a new creature.

Here's my submission! May not be the final one though.
Anyways, the idea is that chaos is spreading throughout the world. Kyogre, Groudon, and Raquaza have to team up to stop it. They combine into the ultimate form. Almost like being reborn as something else. Raquaza is the main body, and the two swords are groudon and kyogre. The cape symbolizes the earth and the sea. The being is surrounded by the three elements: Fire, water, and nature (grass).
POKEMON USED: Kyogre, Groudon (colours) Raquaza, Maractus, Tropius's colours, Charmander, Sudowoodo (orb of water), phione for the water orbs colours, chimecho, and jirachi.

Go to the super sprite thread to read the story behind the sprite!

Well, think I'm done worrying about this one.

~elcheeso
Final submission

Phoenix for best representation of rebirth, imo! Anyway, pokemon used... iirc, ho-oh, swanna, tropius for my water/fire/grass combo, along with articuno, braviary and diglett... I might have stolen the tiny flames from rapidash but I can't really remember.

~ToastTyrant13
Final Submission

When an elderly spirit fades away, a new form of life is born in it's place, keeing the world in balance.

You know you're young when you have bubblegum-pink hair
You know you're lively when you have wings
You know you're healthy when you're a rosy-red color
You know that fairies are one of the symbols of rebirth

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you
~Ice-cold Claws
présentation finale
Ingredients:
(WATER) Phione body, Lumineon wings + fin + head
(GRASS) Leafeon face + hind feet
(FIRE) Castform Sun dress, Rapidash flames

yay! managedto find a temporary spriting laptop!
fire=magcargo
Water=lapras
grass=scratched logs
what? come on! you can't tell me you have never thought ofthe concept of a massive lapras hatching out of a small egg next to a fire.

~ Master Win
Final submission
Pokemon used: jirachi, Groudon (colours), Kyogre, Raquaza, Chimecho, Sudowoodo, Phione (colours), Charmander, and Maractus.

Also, I'm thinking of changing my name to Jamster. Thoughts?
BTW hear's the story behind the rebirth of the three legendary titans!

It was a stormy night. Groudon, kyogre, and raquaza stared out into the vast expanse of space.
Groudon was the first to speak. "I don't like the looks of this. Has Cyrus really taken control over palkia and dialga?"
Raquaza answered him. "Unfortunately, yes. And they will be too powerfull to overcome as long as we are separate."
Kyogre gave him a confused look. "What do you mean raquaza?"
"If we are to defeat them, then we must combine to make the ultimate form!"
Groudon sighed. "Is that seriously our only option. I mean, I love you sis and bro, but I don't want to be that close together..."
Raquaza shook his scaly head. "I'm afraid there's no other option. We must do it now!"
The three pokemon formed a triangle around the earth.
Raquaza lifted his head and said "By the powers of Fire! Water! And Nature! Change us into the ultimate form!"
FLASH!
The three titans were gone. Taking their place was a small fairy like creature, with and orb of water, a beautiful blossom and a orb of fire circling its body. even though it was small, it radiated immense power. All thoughts from each pokemon could be heard.
Raqaza spoke first. "Are you ready you two?"
Groudon and kyogre answered simutaneously. "Yes brother, we are ready!"

Final Submission
Pokemon used:
Sprite: Lucario, Machamp, Vaporeon, Houndoom, Simisage, Dragonair, and Zoroark
Colors: Fearow, Lucario, Zoroark, Houndoom, Sigilyph, Arm colors came from trainer sprites.

This is my sprite of the Egyptian God Anubis. Anubis was the god of mummification, and the afterlife. To Egyptians, he symbolized the new life in the afterlife, being completely reborn as a new person, living forever in peace. The black color on his head and body is the color of rotting flesh (mummification) and the black soil of the Nile, which symbolized rebirth from the crops that continuously are able to grow there. He was mostly worshipped as the giver of new life.

Final Submission

Made from the limbs of dead Pokemon, this Pokemon was brought back to life from the power of a poorly sprited thunderbolt.

That's kind of like rebirth, right?

Pokemon: Simisage, Quagsire, Rotom-Mow, Rotom-Wash, Blaziken, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Castform-Rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)