Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Kevin Garrett

THE TOURNAMENT OF THIEVES

Past editions:

Tournament of Thieves - Won by reyscarface
Tournament of Thieves II - Won by Iconic​

Introduction

Hello ladies and gents! Welcome to the "Tournament of Thieves". Here is your chance to become your favorite battler. Your chance to have fun with other teams. The concept is fairly simple. Each round you and your opponent will simply go to Smogon's very own Rate my Team section. Each round I will post certain rules, and you will follow those rules to choose your team in the rate my team section. One round I could simply say you can only choose a team made in 2008. The next I could say you have to choose an ubers rate my team to use. This tournament will have twists and turns.

This is the third edition of this tournament. Two years and a new generation of Pokemon have come upon us since the last edition, meaning hundreds of new teams have been posted. Good luck to everyone; this may be your only chance to steal something!

Rules

Here are the rules for both DPP and BW:

• All DPP matches must be played on Shoddy Battle or Pokemon Online.
  • All tiers are based on Smogon tiers. The current status of the appropriate standard ladder will be function as the prevailing tier list.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KOing an opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Timed Battle must be enabled.
  • "No Spectators" is by default disabled, however, if both player agree to have it on, then you may use this clause. Additionally, if you are asked by either player to remove yourself from the battle and you are not a teammate of either battler, you will respect their request and leave the battle, on the threat of disqualification for that week.

All BW matches must be played on Pokemon Online.
  • All tiers are based on Smogon tiers. The current status of the appropriate standard ladder will be function as the prevailing tier list.
  • A player may not use any Item / Pokemon / Moveset that is not obtainable in-game.
  • Team preview must be enabled
  • Only Pokemon that have been proven to have a released Dream World ability will be allowed to use that ability.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move or item that specifically increases evasion. Indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KOing an opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Timed Battle must be enabled.
  • "No Spectators" is by default disabled, however, if both player agree to have it on, then you may use this clause. Additionally, if you are asked by either player to remove yourself from the battle and you are not a teammate of either battler, you will respect their request and leave the battle, on the threat of disqualification for that week.

• You may not use your own rate my teams in this tournament. If you do, you will be disqualified.
  • If a team is edited, you may use the original version of the team or the current version.
  • You must send your team to me with the link of the thread. No changes may be made to that team.
  • You must send your log to me after your match has been completed
  • This tournament will use First Come, First Serve for the first 62.5% of the players, and then the host must randomize amongst the remainder of signups for the last 37.5%.
  • This tournament will consist of either 64 or 128 members.

Round One Rules:

Lets keep it simple, at least for this round. For round one, you may use any fifth generation team, provided it follows the current banlist. In order to increase team diversity, the team must not have received any luvdiscs. Also, you may not use your own RMT. Do not forget to PM me the link of the team you wish to use!

Deadline:

The deadline for round one is Saturday, November 19th @ 11:59 PM GMT-4. This should be plenty of time, considering you don't even have to make a team. Furthermore, if you have not sent me your team by Saturday, November 12th you will be either subbed out or disqualified. Once this round is over, expect much shorter deadlines!

Tobes vs New World Order
D4RR3N vs kd24
Solace vs Eo Ut Mortuus
Mithril vs MJorgeX
Brotom vs Alice
Zdrup15 vs SoulWind
bubbly vs Delta2777
xtrashine vs Aqualouis
SkyNet vs Darkdiglett
Colchonero vs btb4
DetroitLolcat vs Bluewind
-Manu- vs San_Pellegrino
christos21 vs Infinity.Cypher
FAFUS vs TalkingLion
ginganinja vs Lady Bug
Bloo vs Ruppy
soviet vs ssbbm
MarceloDK vs toshimelonhead
TheFourthChaser vs Trollmonchan
~GreenCore vs Noodlez
ShakeItUp vs Hawkstar
YAYtears vs Golden Sun
lapras6666 vs Tomahawk9
_TyRoGuE_ vs Malekith
Steven Snype vs Heathcliff Huxtable
Lady Salamence vs Pippy
WhiteQueen vs IceCarAdler
Fantasy vs M Dragon
davidness vs Fantom0
blarajan vs Shun DK
Claeys vs Pedrock
The Kyle vs KnightoftheWind
SethZiBritannia vs ENZ0
Shining Latios vs TropiOUs
Munhojun vs Rewer
BurningMan vs obina.
McMeghan vs reyscarface
zarator vs Maaf
Fried Rhys vs dragonboy52
Ningildo vs Pikapwnd
6A9 Ace Matador vs HR.
Krack vs Pkrs
MikeDecIsHere vs Omicron
Poppycock vs Chieliee
SGV vs EspyJoel
FelixMinamimoto vs Hantsuki
AndViet vs Smith
Mostwanted vs wilson46
idiotfrommars vs badabing
CriCri95 vs DarkLoic
ala vs AlphaJolt
Iconic vs Master of the Six Kings
Lamppost vs Dark_Psiana
T-Dogg vs Heist
H-C vs fatty
Scimjara vs bharmalm
Agammemnon vs LizardMan
MrHsim vs The Wolf
Gideon vs Raichy
Ojama vs extremebeta
Frizy vs Atoni
Furai vs .Robert
CheezitKing vs Mforz
Lakers vs Cristal

Underlined: User has submitted his / her team
Bold: User has won

Substitutes:

I am accepting subs for round one only. Don't hesitate to be a sub if you missed the signups, as I will surely need subs.

Important Reminder: Do not battle until both players have submitted their teams. Also, the winner must PM me the log (or preferably the replay).

Wow... is it weird that I just played Bloo a few hours ago because he subbed as my opponent for the Type Reduction Tourney, and now he's my scheduled opponent for this tourney? In any case, I'll try to get my team picked out and PM'd before I go to bed tonight and see when Bloo wants to play (again) from there.

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Does "any fifth generation team" include Dream World tier teams? The banlist linked says nothing about the unreleased Pokemon and abilities being banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)