Project Ubers 2.0

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Project Ubers 2.0

Lets face it, out of all the metagames we talk about around here, Ubers is probably the most static this gen AGAIN. Time and time again, the Ubers usage stats don't usually change too much, meaning that tons of kick ass Pokemon that are being ignored! Even worse, a lot of people just stick with the same old standard Uber sets regardless of whether or not they are best for their team, which is pretty sad considering the gigantic movepools most Ubers have at their disposal! This situation gets even more embarrassing when you look at the usage of most Arceus formes, most of which, despite being great, are used less than pathetic Pokemon like Charizard! Just testing out new stuff randomly isn't going to solve the problem, because this clearly a problem stemming from a lack of communication and willingness to go outside comfort zones. So to break down this problem, its time to a revive an old project some of you players might remember from last generation... PROJECT UBERS!

Much like the old Project Ubers thread from Stark Mountain, this thread aims to be a creative movesets thread... except this is Project Ubers 2.0, which means that it's going to be a creative movesets thread that actually has a goal! This project's goal is to get all of us here is to test out, discuss, and explore new Uber sets, strategies, and niches, and then slowly build up a massive database (located in the 2nd post) of the great movesets and Pokemon that deserve more attention!

Rules and Tips

1. You must actually test out the sets you post! I know its really tempting to say "I HAVE A REALLY COOL IDEA FOR A SET", but lots of sets look cool on paper, that doesn't mean they actually work! If your post shows obvious signs of not testing the set, it will get deleted! Commenting on sets you haven't tested in response to other posts is fine though.

2. When you post your sets, don't just post a set without a short description, people need to know the selling points of the set! Keep in mind that the set database will be organized into 3 distinct sections, remember these sections because they will affect the content of your post!

• Creative Movesets. These posts work a lot like they would in a normal creative movesets thread, so just include the selling points of the moveset and/or Pokemon.

• Standard Movesets with a TWIST. These are the kind of movesets that, while being similar to a standard moveset, make a modification that dramatically affects the Pokemon playstyle. This is mainly for stuff like a standard moveset having a unique item that has major selling points over the standard item, an EV spread that accomplishes a different goal, or a new move or two that alters the Pokemon's playstyle. Focus on how that small modification benefits the Pokemon in ways the regular item, moves, or ev spread can't achieve, and how this Pokemon's playstyle changes when compared to their standard set.

• Under Rated Movesets / Pokemon. There are several sets and mons out there that are well known to already work, but for some reason or another, just aren't used much, or have dramatically fallen in usage. When posting these sets, first focus on why you think the Pokemon's usage is low or why it has dropped so much. After that, give reasons for why you think this Pokemon is under rated. Think about answering questions like "Are there serious advantages to this Pokemon that most people miss?", "Does this Pokemon just need a specialized strategy to show its true potential?", and "How do you overcome the weaknesses that make this Pokemon's usage low?"​

3. Think before you post! If you're post is totally useless to the thread, it'll get deleted!

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
THE DATABASE

This is a database of all the sets that have been posted in this thread and proven to be viable. Check out this post every week or so, we Uber mods will update this post a lot with new sets! Since this thread has just started, I have 6 example sets below if you need some help.

Creative Movesets

Choice Band Arceus

Arceus @ Choice Band
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Trick
- Swords Dance / Shadow Claw
- Earthquake / Dragon Claw

Normal Arceus is already well known for being an excellent priority sweeper that can also revenge weakened sweepers in a pinch, so putting a Choice Band on it may seem like an unnecessary limitation to its sweeping potential. While the extra revenge killing power is always welcome (2 big ones over Life Orb being a OHKO on Darkrai after SR + Spikes, and a chance to 2HKO offensive Excadrill after Stealth Rock), the real magic to this set is Trick! Trick badly screws up many of Arceus's defensive switch ins, like Giratina, Lugia, and Skarmory, crippling them enough to let other sweepers have a party! The big decision you'll have to make though is whether you want this Arceus to have sweeping potential after it uses Trick or to sacrifice sweeping potential for better coverage.. With Swords Dance and Earthquake, you can still sweep through a lot of offensive teams, however there is one serious coverage problem here: Giratina-O. If you really want to hit Giratina-O, you can use Dragon Claw over Earthquake, but sadly this means that you cant 2HKO Ferrothorn, and max HP Dialga is only 3HKOed by +2 Dragon Claw. If you're fine with Arceus not being able to sweep after the Trick, go ahead and use the usual ExtremeSpeed / Earthquake / Shadow Claw coverage, and only save Trick for emergencies when facing offensive teams.

Trick Room Dialga

Dialga @ Life Orb
Trait: Presssure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
IVs: 0 Spe
Quiet Nature
-Trick Room
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Outrage / Thunder

Mixed Dialga has always been a potent offensive force thanks to absurd attacking stats and a kick ass defensive typing, but its always had one nasty achilles heel: that base 90 Speed makes it fairly vulnerable to revenge killing. Trick Room changes all of that, turning Dialga into one hell of a mixed sweeper! Vs most offensive teams, this thing is pure HELL to revenge kill, because even after you nuke something with Draco Meteor, you still have an Outrage that's powerful enough to 2HKO max HP [/COLOR]Arceus after Stealth Rock! If you aren't fond of Outrage locking you in and want more bulk in exchange for losing to Blissey and Chansey, Thunder is still a pretty good choice for slamming Kyogre and Lugia. Finally, if you just want to make sure Dialga isn't walled by Chansey but don't care too much about sweeping potential, you can just use Outrage with max HP over max Attack.

While on its own, Trick Room Dialga is pretty good, what really makes it shine is pairing it with any of the other slow, base 90 Ubers like Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and Zekrom. This way, even after Dialga is forced to switch out, you still have other extremely powerful, hard to revenge Ubers to take advantage of Trick Room!

Lead Cloyster

Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Rapid Spin / Ice Shard

a surprisingly good lead set, adamant over naive so have a better chance of killing max hp dialga with a crit. use ice shard if you want to beat rayquaza / shaymin-s reliably, rapid spin for all other situations.
this set loses to darkrai but more often than not will get a shell smash off, icicle spear doesn't take iron barbs damage so no fear there.

*White Herb + 188 HP / 124 Atk / 196 Spe can be used to tank hits better. very underrated spinner for sun teams.

Swords Dance Bisharp

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break

GO GO GO RED RANGER ! Bisharp has to be one of coolest Pokemons I've ever used. Its very obvious but Dark is an amazing STAB-type in Ubers since practically nothing in the tier resists it apart from Terrakion and Dialga and some other handful of Pokemon. Morever, the major Uber walls are helpless against Bisharp. Basically, if your Groudon is dead and you dont have something like a Scarf Terrakion waiting in the wings, you're probably going to lose 3-4 Pokemons. +2 Sucker Punch does INSANE amounts of damage to everything ohkoing most sweepers. Night Slash does 80% to Giratina, when Bisharp is BURNT. Lugia is dying off the bat. Give this guy a spin, it wont dissappoint.

Choice Scarf Heatran

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Rock / Hidden Power Ice

This is a neat little set I discovered a while back. It absolutely needs Groudon support to function, but otherwise it's a fairly potent revenge killer. Timid is sadly a necessary evil since Modest Scarftran doesn't outspeed Darkrai or Mewtwo, but for the most part Heatran doesn't mind the slight loss of firepower (eheheheh). Overheat in the sun OHKOes Mewtwo and Darkrai, as well as 252 HP Groudon after Spikes. It doesn't quite pull out the KO against Arceus, but it does a huge amount of damage, so thanks to Heatran's resistance to ExtremeSpeed it can deal with a slightly weakened Arceus. Dragon Pulse hits Rayquaza, Palkia, Giratina-A/O, Zekrom, etc. fairly hard, while Earth Power is for Dialga and opposing Heatran. HP Rock allows Heatran to handle Ho-Oh, who is a massive threat to sun teams, but HP Ice is also an option here to allow Heatran to one-shot and revenge kill SD Rayquaza. You can also run auxiliary Fire-type moves over Earth Power.

Substitute Shuffler Giratina-O

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

This is one of my friend's sets. It's pretty cool, since you can sub up on common stall mons like Chansey, Ferrothorn, Tentacruel without Ice Beam, Forretress without Payback, and spam Dragon Tail to rack up hazard damage. If you manage to get 3 layers of spikes up, and SR, this set wrecks havoc. Sub also prevents Pain Split from Forry and helps you win the hazard war. It's ev'd to outspeed Tentacruel to avoid scald burns, and give it some bulk too.

Mixed Kyogre

Kyogre @ Mystic Water
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 244 Atk / 252 SAtk / 12 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Surf / Hydro Pump / Thunder Wave
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

You guys may want to snipe me down right now, but look at what I have to say! The key point in this set is to lure in Chansey and Blissey (and even Ho-Oh thinking you're locked to Ice Beam) and 2HKO them easily with Waterfall. In rain, Kyogre has 91.02% to 2HKO 4/252 Chansey with Waterfall, and it's guaranteed with Stealth Rock! By that you can let other special sweepers, like Palkia, Darkrai, or Shaymin-S to have an easier them against the opponent. Surf or Hydro Pump serve as special STAB, when you don't want to discover Waterfall. But of course that not many people use Chansey as their Kyogre counter, so that's what Thunder Wave is here for. You get to paralyze threats such as Mewtwo and Palkia, that think you will switch as they don't know that you run Water Gem (unless already used), and simply cripple them down. Thunder and Ice Beam are mainly coverage moves, and can trick the opponent to think it's just your regular Choiced Kyogre. The EVs achieve the 2HKO on Chansey as explained with Waterfall, maximize Special Attack, and outspeed neutral base 90's by a few points.

Hazard Lead Smeargle

Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Magic Coat
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

A first turn Magic Coat against Deoxys-S will swing momentum in your favor as the majority of them will taunt. Against the more threatening leads like Kyogre or Groudon or Dialga, spore first turn is a better choice so that you can avoid death via focus sash. Tyranitar is a trickier beast, considering he has sandstorm to break sash, lum to avoid sleep, and strong offense, so it's probably a better idea to just lead with something else. Lucky Sleep Talk selections can phaze you out early, and when you play against Darkrai's you have to be on that next level shit. Rapid spin works very well later game if they bring out a Skarmory and want to spike up. If they bring in Giratina, just spore him. What is so great about this set is at the very least you have put one mon to sleep if they make it their top priority to kill you. I have not yet had a match where I was dissatisfied with this little guy's performance.

SubSD Dragon Arceus

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Recover

Something that I used which was relatively specific to my team, but can be quite useful in general. I needed something to check Latias and Kyogre at once, as well as luring in Ferrothorn and setting up on it. Substitute blocks Leech Seed and status, and lets you set up on a lot of things in general. The only gripe I have about this set is how damn weak it is. I saw a Deoxys-N take only 70% from Dragon Claw, which is fucking ridiculous. Anyways, the Attack EVs let you OHKO 52/0 Latias after SR, max Speed is self-explanatory and the rest go into bulk.

Fast Lugia

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
Evs: 96 HP / 80 Def / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Rest
-Dragon Tail
-Roar
-Sleep Talk

I call this set Fast Phasing. The idea is to take a hit and then phase the opponent out. After that you rest Lugia to heal off the damage and use sleep talk for the two turns of sleep. Using sleep talk allows you to bypass the -6 priority that dragon tail and roar both have, so Lugia takes no damage for the two turns that it has to phase. Obviously having stealth rock and spikes up is important, so if they have a spinner take it out before attempting this. The ev set is meant to increase speed and defenses as much as possible, though rest-multiscale will protect you better than anything else. naturally this has no finishing power, so use it in the middle of the battle. (Works great with extreme killer arceus
The weaknesses of this set are, faster pokemon, priority, and taunt. Faster pokemon, (like Mewtwo, Darkrai, or Arceus) can be a problem but you can generally phase them out without too much trouble. Also most scarfed ubers outspeed Lugia, but if multiscale is up it can take most hits, most notably a boltstrike from Zekrom. Priority can be an even larger problem because it defeats the speed phasing idea and breaks multiscale, leaving Lugia exposed (well sort of, it still has its absurd defensive stats). Taunt stops this set dead in its tracks, so watch out for Thundurus and Deoxys s and a, though you can always switch out. Also regenerator generally prevents this set form working effectively, though only for the pokemon with that ability.
So give it a shot, it's pretty easy to fit on any team with a poke that sets up hazards, and it generally frustrates people.

SubRoost Reshiram

Reshiram @ Life Orb
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

This set is the result of me being somewhat underwhelmed by the standard Flame Charge set. After all, even at +1 speed there are still quite a few Scarfers out there that will be able to outspeed and kill Reshiram, not to mention how Kyogre at full health can immediately threaten it out anyway, since even Draco Meteor stands no chance of one-shotting offensive variants, let alone max HP ones. If stealth rocks are up, these switches will quickly take their toll. As such, I find it more useful to have a Sub up than anything else, since it allows me to always get at least one good shot in on the new threat, as well as scout for Scarfers. Life Orb gives Reshiram the extra power I crave, which is where Roost comes in: Normally Sub + Life Orb is a bad idea, but with Roost Reshiram's potential lifespan greatly increases, and it can prove to be a nasty surprise for opponents looking to Life Orb-stall it. Dragon Pulse and Flamethrower take up the last two slots, being strong, reliable moves that take take full advantage of Reshiram's amazing Dual STAB.

There are several reasons that Reshiram strikes me as uniquely well-suited for this kind of Sub, Life Orb + recovery set. First of all, its Dual STAB is so good that being limited to only two attacking moves is hardly an issue. Because of how dangerous it is, Reshiram also forces a lot of switches, giving it frequent opportunities to Sub (and if your opponent banks on an overprediction and stays in with the like of Ferrothorn or Forretress, then all the better!). The boost it gets from Modest Life Orb gives it such power that very few Pokemon in the Uber metagame can avoid being two-shotted by its attacks, meaning that painful sacrifices will almost always have to be made in order to break the Sub. Finally, Roost not only helps deal with the Life Orb recoil, it also somewhat makes up for Reshiram's weakness to hazards and can in certain situations net it surprising stall war wins; I've managed to stall out several Lugias with this Reshiram (while poisoned from one layer of toxic spikes no less), since Ice Beam or Dragon Tail often does right under 25% damage. Heck, even Ho Oh (provided it lacks Earthquake) can have trouble getting past this set.

Final Gambit Victini

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Final Gambit
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

This set is so simple that if you don't get it, well I really haven't found anyone who doesn't get it so I am not sure what that would make them. Silly? I don't know. Anyways the entire point of this set is that you have a Max HP, Max Speed, Choice Scarfed Victini that is basically 404 HP to throw around whenever you want. You want to get rid of that Kyogre that just OHKOed your Genosect with Water Spout? Swap this in and it will out speed even choice scarfed Kyogre, who has at Max HP, OH look! 404 HP. How convenient is that? So you killed it and you die. Well thats OK. You just won your weather war. Well maybe its something else? Is that Lugia being a thorn in your side? With prior damage of just 12HP on a Max HP Lugia you can end its rein as well. Same for that HO-OH as well. Well maybe your running a rain team and that Groudon just needs to die right now. Same thing works there. Well lets say you are running out of pokemon and can't afford to sacrifice Victini. What do you then? Well then you just do what Victini always does, spam V-Create to kill things. Even with no Attack investment a 180 BP stab attack is going to hurt everything. Bolt Strike and Zen Headbutt are there as coverage fillers, neither of them are going to be a bread and butter move for you but when you need them you will be glad you had them.

Tailwind Latios

Latios @ Soul Dew
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire / Thunder
- Grass Knot / Surf / Psyshock / Roost

Ok so I threatened out an enemy's Kyogre when I was using this thing only to have a Genesect come in the turn after. I used Tailwind the turn it switched in, OHKOed Genesect with Surf and proceeded to sweep.

Tailwind doubles your speed the turn its used so in the strictest sense you've just made yourself impervious to being revenge-killed by anything for three turns unless its by priority. Giratina-o's Shadow Sneak and Extremekiller Arceus's ExtremeSpeed fail to OHKO unless prior damage is present while you turn around and pummel them to the ground with a Draco Meteor. It flat out OHKOes Giratina-o and deals over 75% to Arceus. It doesn't matter if you get threatened by the two, if you do just switch out and let what just came in finish cleaning up with the free boost to Speed. The ability to switch out and let a Speed boost be retained is what sets Tailwind apart from Dragon Dance. That and you can use Draco Meteor since its not like the Speed boost is going away when you switch out to remove the drop to your Special Attack stat. The rest of the moves cover Steel-types except Psyshock, Grass Knot, and Recover. Psyshock 2HKOes Chansey and Recover just lets you stay alive longer, since Steels are already partially covered by your other two moves. Grass Knot is there for punishing Tyranitar and providing coverage for Sun teams who otherwise is an extreme nuisance since you can't switch out due to Pursuit. Lastly, you can run Modest if you want, but if you can't get Tailwind up and wanna preserve that surprise till late game...

Oh and this was inspired by Dracoyoshi's Tailwind Rayquaza lol.

Focus Sash Thundurus-T

Thundurus @ Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
Evs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Thunder / Thunderbolt / Grass Knot

I've found that most Ubers teams lead with Darkrai, and a solid taunt user is capable of such. I've used this Thundurus set to stop many a Darkrai from setting up.

Taunt makes the dark void the opposing Darkrai usually fires off at first useless. On the switch, Thundurus NP's and boosts his SAtk to fantastic levels. If you see one of Thundurus's counters on the other team, simply switch out. the beauty of this set is that once Darkrai switches in again, Thundurus can OHKO Darkrai with Thunder after Stealth Rock after absorbing a blow with its focus sash. Thunderbolt is the non-rain option, and Grass Knot can be used to OHKO Physically Defensive Groudon at +2. I have tested this, but it must be used correctly for it to function properly.

Rock Polish Landorus-T

Landorus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

I used this right after BW2 was released and I was just getting into Ubers again, so I think it's safe to say I started this set. Anyways, offensive Lando-T is absolutely insane. RP is used for late game sweeping, and it is pretty situational and you DO have to do a lot to get it to sweep, but Lando-T rarely actually sweeps anyways. EQ hits like the Wrath of God, able to OHKO things like Palkia after Rocks + Spikes. Stone Edge is for coverage, and although it can't KO Lugia after Rocks, it can after Rocks + residual damage. Superpower does around 90% to Arceus normal, and ES is incapable of OHKOing you at +1. In addition, Landorus is a fantastic Zekrom check and it can easily pressure them to Outrage, and a -1 Zekrom isn't that threatening after it KO's your Landorus-T (or if you switch it out). In short, Lando-T is a fantastic pivot, and can also be used as a surprising wallbreaker (Standard Ferro is OHKO'd by Superpower after Spikes). Speed is for Adamant Exca btw.

Specs Thunder Wave Kyogre

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

TBA

Sun Utility Lilligant

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Healing Wish
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ice]

This is the Sun utility set on the OU analysis and it function just as well in Uber. Basically, put this in a sun offensive team, sleep something early game with sleep powder, or punch a little bit with leaf storm. Later in the game, as your other monster is running low on hp and/or is crippled with status, you come in, healing wish and allow said monster to go on business again. This guy is the fastest healing wish user in sun and it is difficult to stop it to do her work. A timid nature and max speed ev are chosen so as to allow her to outspeed as much as possible outside of sun, especially when her primarily job is not to attack and has little bulk by uber standard. But you can still use modest if you feel like. The last moveslot is up to you, a HP of choice allow you to kill/revenge kill appropriate targets. A support move like stun spore (to cripple more) or leech seed (to force switches and recovery) can also be used.

Standard Movesets with a Twist

Mixed Hone Claws Zekrom

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Hasty Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Bolt Strike
-Substitute
-Hone Claws

Something that's pretty annoying about regular mixed Zekrom is that after a Draco Meteor, Ferrothorn can still beat you! As for Substitute Hone Claws Zekrom, while it sets up on its nemesis, it really hates dealing with any sort of healthy Groudon. But what if you want a Zekrom that can give both Ferrothorn AND Groudon hell? Turns out, the solution is to simply combine the sets! Even without a big attack investment, you only need 2 Hone Claws to 2HKO Ferrothorn with Bolt Strike, while Groudon still gets horribly maimed by Draco Meteor! Sure, Dialga is going to be an issue after you use Draco Meteor, but giving two of Zekrom's most common switch-ins big problems is more than enough to make this set a viable alternative over Mixed Zekrom and the standard Hone Claws set! I put max Speed on mine since I'm a total speed freak, but the other mixed Zekrom spreads work fine here too. Also note that if you use Hasty to take Surfs better, you'll need at least 8 defense EVs to ensure that Ferrothorn will never break your substitute with Gyro Ball.

Red Card Forretress

Forretress @ Red Card
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Toxic Spikes
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball / Toxic

This may look like your average, everyday Forretress, but Red Card makes this Forretress play in a more risky, but potentially more rewarding style. For those of you who have no idea what Red Card does, it forces the opponent to switch out if the holder survives the attack. The idea here is simple: a common reaction to Forretress is to set up a random set up sweeper, and as long as you are at 100% health, you can set up hazards while the opponent wastes their time trying to sweep! Now this strategy isn't exactly easy to pull off if you just randomly put Red Card Forretress on your team. You might want something that can Taunt (like Deoxys-S) or Magic Coat (like Arceus) to prevent Stealth Rock from the more bulky mons like Dialga and Groudon, and its best to get Forretress in for free on something like Ferrothorn or via something like a Zekrom Volt Switch, so you don't end up wasting that Red Card.

Normally, I would consider Red Card Forretress a very situational gimmick if the above was the only reason to use it, but thankfully this set has a back up plan that's still really useful if the surprise factor is gone: using it as an emergency stop to random sweeps! By that, I mean stuff like switching it into and phazing Mewtwo Psystrikes, Arceus ExtremeSpeeds, etc, stuff that Leftovers Forretress would never be able to pull off! Finally, if you use it with Wish support from Blissey / Chansey, you can also make it so that Forretress in general will be almost impossible to set up on for one use even when Stealth Rock is up!

Phazer Ho-Oh

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 208 HP / 132 Atk / 168 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

enough hp for 101 hp subs, enough speed for min speed lugia, rest in attack. this set is pretty much unbeatable for stall teams without arceus rock, it works in all weathers but if you're using it on sun consider sacred fire over brave bird.
nothing on stall can outspeed and phaze this set (except tank normal arceus lol), whereas everything else is smacked super hard by brave bird or sacred fire. works exceptionally well with spikes support.

Wacan Berry Manaphy

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Trait: Hydration
80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd (4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd works too)
Timid Nature
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Tail Glow
-Rest/Grass Knot

The most common way to beat Manaphy is by Scarf Thunders, however this set aims to lure out it's usually checks and beat them. With the HP Ev's + Wacan, Kyogre's Thunder does around 49% while Zekrom's Bolt Strike does not OHKO. Also is still great against stall, thanks to Rest, however poses much more of a threat against offensive teams. 176 Speed EV's give you 308 Speed, since Manaphy will scare away most Rayquaza and Palkia is most commonly Scarfed, however if you wish to tie Palkia you can run Max Speed.

Tailwind Ho-Oh

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Tailwind

Okay, this is a bit different than the Tailwind Ho-Oh onsite, because while the one onsite is meant for sweeping, the one I've been using is more about playing like a regular tank Ho-Oh (though sweeping isn't out of the question). The big thing about using Tailwind over Substitute or Earthquake is that when used at the right time, its a great boon for offensive teams! For example, there have been a few times where Tailwind Ho-Oh has saved me against smashpass in conjunction with fast stuff like Terrakion! There's also always the potential for a sweep, and unlike Flame Charge Ho-Oh, Tailwind Ho-Oh isn't forced to sacrifice a huge amount of bulk to outspeed Mewtwo! And of course, unlike Flame Charge, Tailwind could help another one of your teammates sweep!

Tailwind MixQuaza

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Tailwind
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

This Rayquaza is a bit of a mix-and-match of the Dragon Dance and Mix sets. Early game, it plays like a standard MixQuaza, nailing things with Draco Meteor for quick kills and then retreating. Lategame, it serves as a cleaner, using Tailwind to set up an Outrage sweep (hence the maximum Attack investment and Naughty nature). The EV spread guarantees that you outspeed Choice Scarf Terrakion with Tailwind in effect, but you can also of course opt for 252 Spe Naive so that Rayquaza is faster than things like maximum Speed Dialga early in the game.

Now, why would you use this over MixDDRayquaza? For one, Speed. Tailwind Rayquaza outspeeds very important checks to Dragon Dance Rayqauza, the most prominent being Choice Scarf Palkia, and to a much lesser extent Choice Scarf Terrakion. Additionally, it does not require as much EV investment to do this, meaning that it doesn't have to worry as much about splitting EVs, and can therefore perform its mix role relatively more effectively. I suppose the argument can be made that 252 SpA MixDDRay could work better, but it doesn't outspeed Palkia and has a weaker initial Outrage, which can be a big factor in stall match-ups. But the real reason to consider this set over MixDDRay is that Tailwind also affects Rayquaza's teammates. Mixed Dialga and Choice Specs Kyogre are suddenly far more intimidating when nothing outspeeds them. Even if Rayquaza fails in its lategame sweep, there's a decent chance its teammates can pick up where it left off.

Roar Blaziken

Blaziken (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Roar
- Hi Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz

i beat a guy to pulp cos i got a free sub on ferrothorn and i roared out lugia with SR up

giratina-a and lugia can't phaze you out and in the strictest sense you've beaten both your counters with no prediction. you're also immune to WoW. keep in mind this needs hazards to beat these pokemon eventually.

SubDD Rayquaza

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Substitute
-Outrage
-Earthquake / Fire Blast

Dragon Dance Rayquaza is extremely threatening, but with all the Choice Scarf Genesect and Choice Scarf Palkia running rampant its extremely hard to use effectively. This Rayquaza attempts to bait out these Choice Scarf Pokemon and setup a Substitute so that it can OHKO them the turn after, meaning it will be able to spam Outrage some more or start an uninterrupted sweep. Substitute has other hilarious merits as well. It allows it to beat Chansey lacking Seismic Toss, successfully troll Bisharp, and perhaps the best use of all, allow it to beat Wobbufett and Mamoswine as it CAN stomach 1 Counter and Ice Shard thanks to Substitute and proceed to 2HKO Wobba and OHKO Bisharp. It does have a bit more trouble deciding whether it hates Skarmory or Heatran more but its not that bad, especially considering how (un)common the two are.

Thunder Wave + SD Rayquaza

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Thunder Wave / Substitute
-Dragon Claw
-V-Create / Earthquake

The same goal as Substitute Dragon Dance Rayquaza is seen in this "twisted" version of Swords Dance Rayquaza. Lure out Palkia and Genesect, and Thunder Wave the switch-in or just throw up a Substitute in front of it, then OHKO either with Earthquake, V-Create, or Dragon Claw. Both moves support V-Create but its slashed with Earthquake anyway in case you have issues with Heatran on your team. The loss of ExtremeSpeed is somewhat compensated for since your revenge-killing issues are assuaged.

Spiker Deoxys-A

Deoxys-A @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 74 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Naive / Hasty Nature
-Spikes
-ExtremeSpeed / Stealth Rock / Ice Beam / Shadow Ball
-Psycho Boost
-Hidden Power Fire / Superpower

Deoxys-A may not be what you picture as a standard suicide lead for setting up hazards, but it is arguably the only one that can stand and beat all the spinners in the game. Deoxys-A's enormous offensive presence will pretty much force a lot of switches, which is extremely helpful for getting up that extra layer of Spikes. Combine this with the ability to destroy any enemy Magic Bouncers (should they be brave enough to come in anyway) and you've basically guaranteed yourself at least 2 layers of hazards AND a weakened enemy (or just whack something with Psycho Boost)!

SubCM Ghost Arceus

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Judgment
-Focus Blast

This thing is such a notorious stall breaker and lure its not even funny. The only things that can normally wall Calm Mind Ghost Arceus are Chansey and Blissey, and thanks to Substitute, they get turned into setup bait. Substitute has other notable merits too. It lets you heavily dent a revenge-killer, used burned Ferrothorn as setup bait, while also allowing you to abuse what is likely the most common spinner in the game, Sub Split Forretress. That and Substitute is helpful for taking a hit since the chances of Focus Miss hitting is less then 0. It may look like its outclassed by Giratina-O's Sub CM set, but its lack of a Dragon-typing making it tank Dragon Tails really is enough to distinguish it. That and Focus Blast is actually helpful 0_0, it can do stuff like OHKO Tyranitar whereas Giratina-O's Aura Sphere cannot accomplish the same feat. Oh and Ditto has nothing on this / can't revenge it :D.

Tailwind Zekrom

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SAtk / 176 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Outrage / Dragon Claw / Volt Switch / Focus Blast

Zekrom tends to have issues with Speed, but with BW2 giving this Black Dragon Tailwind, this issue is gone! Zekrom can now abuse that fabulous STAB combination with super speed! The best part is that your basically unwallable (well except Ferrothorn but if you run Focus Blast or HP Fire...) meaning you can wall break and die or... you can Volt Switch out and let a partner continue your mini-sweep! Its like Reshiram except its not screwed by Kyogre and it can actually force stuff out to get a free turn! The only problem is a massive four-moveslot syndrome (well probably a smaller one but I haven't figured out how to perfect the slashes yet (which is why I posted this (for help on it))), but its not that big of a deal. Give it a try, you won't be dissapointed. You can alter the Speed on this spread if you want, the current speed EVs let it outspeed everything up to scarf terrakion after Tailwind. You can also move more EVs into Special Attack to make that Draco Meteor stronger (forgoing Draco Meteor entirely and using another move is also an option) but I perfer the stronger Bolt Strike and the ability to go mixed.

SubSD Ground Arceus

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Arceus-Ground is known for its ability to run a fierce Swords Dance set, but it just keeps on getting annoyed of those Kyurem-W's and Kyogres that come in to revenge it. Well not anymore! Substitute turn 1 and suddenly you get to bust a giant hole in the enemy's revenge killer before going down. Substitute also allows Ground Arceus to wall enemy Giratina-a lacking Roar, as WoW can't go through Substitute and Dragon Tail is too weak to break through. Your probably wondering, well you can do that with ExtremeSpeed too right? Well you can but with Substitute you also prevent status. That and non-STAB ExtremeSpeed is WEAK. Its not that difficult at all getting both a Substitute and a Swords Dance up infront of something like a Dialga or Forretress (well actually you wall him to death, and they like to try to Toxic you too lol) either, and Ground Arceus does this better then most Arceus forms as its one of the only three that get access to STAB and a move that couples its coverage to perfect it. Arceus Ghost and Arceus Rock can't do Substitute + SD nearly as well. Arceus Ghost can't hit Forretress hard, Shadow Claw is weaker, and since its a spin blocker people generally like the added longevity (Sub CM is a different case though). Arceus Rock's massive bulk in Sandstorm is cut without Recover, and that IS half the reason why people use Arceus Rock anyway.

Give it a try! It won't disappoint :P.

Underrated Movesets / Pokemon

Swords Dance Rayquaza

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-ExtremeSpeed
-Dragon Claw
-V-create

Last generation, Swords Dance Rayquaza was one of the nastiest sweepers around, making things like Choice Scarf Dialga a common sight on offensive teams. However, now that Arceus is legal, most Rayquaza are either Dragon Dance or mixed, fearing that Swords Dance will make it a worse Arceus. While it may not have a STAB ExtremeSpeed like Arceus, Rayquaza has one huge selling point over Arceus: Rayquaza tends to be more difficult for stall to stop! While Swords Dance Rayquaza has always given stall more trouble because of the immunity to Spikes / Toxic Spikes and not getting checked by Giratina, V-create has actually made Swords Dance Rayquaza far more deadly than before, because it's basically like an Outrage that lowers Speed instead of leaving Rayquaza locked in for a revenge kill! First of all, Groudon can barely handle Rayquaza, as +2 V-create deals 79.7% - 93.8% to max HP max Defense Impish Groudon. While Rayquaza always had Overheat to deal with Skarmory and Ferrothorn, people could get around that with clever switches because of the SpA drop; something thats a lot harder to do when +2 V-create still badly hurts most Pokemon that resist it (except for stuff like Giratina)! The other cool thing people often forget about SD Rayquaza is that you can choose to use it with another kind of Arceus, or hell even Normal Arceus if you want double priority sweepers!

Wobbuffet, set up machine

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Destiny Bond

Once a common support Pokemon last generation, the advent of team preview has taken away Wobbuffet's effective strategy of getting surprise revenge kills on Choice Scarfers, making its usage go down a lot. While it isn't as effective as it was last generation, Wobbuffet still does a damn fine job of setting up sweepers for scary Pokemon like Rayquaza and Mewtwo, and its still one of the most reliable ways to take out Choice Scarfers like Palkia, so that stuff like Darkrai can have a field day! Something nice that happened to Wobbuffet this generation that people usually forget about is that unlike last generation, a healthy Wobbuffet will actually usually defeat Mewtwo in the rain! With Custap Berry released, Wobbuffet can almost guarantee another kill with a priority Destiny Bond! And of course, you can always go with the old Tickle + Pursuit startegy to ruin mons like Blissey/Chansey and Lugia, even if Wobbuffet can't ambush the two like it used to. Safeguard is always good if you want your team to not be statused. If you run Safeguard or Tickle, forgo Custap Berry and use Leftovers instead. So despite the Encore nerf it got this generation, Wobbuffet is still pretty effective at its job in Ubers.

RestTalk Groudon

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Earthquake
-Dragon Tail

One thing I dislike about Groudon is the fact that it gets worn down so easily; 100 HP and 140 Defense is great to switch in on physical attackers, but it can't switch in on those attacks repeatedly, as without recovery it will get worn down pretty quickly by entry hazards + attacks. RestTalk is a good way of fixing that, and while you lose Stealth Rock and need to carry it somewhere else on your team, Groudon becomes a much more reliably physical wall. If you want, you can use Stone Edge or even Roar over Dragon Tail, but personally I prefer Dragon Tail.

Ice Arceus

Arceus-Ice @ Icicle Plate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Fire Blast / Focus Blast

Ice Arceus gets quite a bit of bad publicity because of its crappy defensive typing, but a lot of people forget how good an offensive typing Ice is. I've said it many times, but most of the better walls in Ubers are like Metroids, they absolutely hate Ice (Groudon, Giratina, Lugia). Ferrothorn takes neutral from Ice Beam as well, so it won't enjoy it either, and neither does Dialga. In the rain, it has excellent coverage and can hurt pretty much everything not named pink blobs. Just don't try and stack Calm Minds since Ice Arceus probably isn't going to achieve it.

Calm Mind Giratina

Giratina @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere / Thunder
- Rest

Yeah, I wrote an analysis for this and it's up on-site, but I love it. Most people look at Giratina and are like "heh, you're stalling", and then it just set up in their face, Rest off the damage and then start sweeping. Giratina is easily the bulkiest Pokemon on the planet, and getting about 2 Calm Minds is ridiculously easy. Even at +1, Giratina is doing quite a lot of damage, 2HKOing ExtremeKiller Arceus when it clearly cannot 2HKO in return. It can work quite well in an offensive team that doesn't want to use Ghost Arceus (maybe you want to use another form) in need of a sturdy but powerful spinblocker.

StallTwo

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Psystrike / Substitute / Light Screen

This stalling varient of what is arguably the most frightening special sweeper in the game can be just as frightening when used correctly. This Mewtwo set (commonly referred to as Stalltwo) is an amazing stallbreaker and can be a really big obstacle for stallteams. I realize it may seem as a waste of a Mewtwo at first, but that doesn't have to be the case at all. Since Mewtwo is always used as offensive weapon, many players forget how bulky it can be. With 106 / 90 / 90 defenses it has more than enough bulk to come around and the huge special attack and speed stats are just a big bonus. This EV spread and nature give Mewtwo as much special bulk as possible and ensures it can still outspeed Garchomp, meaning Mewtwo can get a Will-O-Wisp off on anything with 333 Speed and below before it gets attacked, which is a really big advantage. April's moveset analysis shows that Will-O-Wisp is used 0,2% more than no move at all on Mewtwo, which shows you how much this aspect of Mewtwo is being ignored. Psystrike still nets valuable 2HKOs against threats such as Kyogre, Palkia, Ho-Oh, Reshiram and Rayquaza whereas Substitute and Light Screen increase its stalling capabilities even more. To summarize, this moveset on Mewtwo is virtually never used, but dear lord is it effective. When you know how well Mew pulls this off in UU and OU, image what Mewtwo can do.

Life Orb Mamoswine

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Snow Cloak
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Substitute

It's just so powerful, and its STABs are so dangerous in Ubers. Here are some calcs: (yeah yeah they are pulled straight from the analysis but I WROTE the analysis so HA)

Icicle Crash vs. 252/252+ Groudon 55.4% - 65.8%
Icicle Crash vs. 252/252+ Lugia 56.7% - 67.8%
Ice Shard vs. 252/252+ Lugia 27.4% - 32.2%
Icicle Crash vs. 248/248+ Giratina 50.5% - 59.6%
Icicle Crash vs. 0/0 Giratina-O 90.2% - 106.6%
Icicle Crash vs. 248/0 Ho-Oh 52% - 61.7%
Earthquake vs. 252/0 Dialga 98.5% - 116.3%
Earthquake vs. 252/0 +1 Dialga 65.8% - 77.7%
Earthquake vs. 4/0 Kyogre 74.6% - 88%
Ice Shard vs. 4/0 Kyogre 14.9% - 17.5%
Earthquake vs. 252/0 Steel Arceus 89.6% - 105.9%
Earthquake vs. 252/0 Ferrothorn 52.8% - 62.2%
Ice Shard vs. 4/0 Rayquaza 115.9% - 137.5%
Ice Shard vs. 4/0 Garchomp 110.6% - 130.7%
Ice Shard vs. 4/0 Shaymin-S 138% - 164.9%

As shown, Mamoswine easily 2HKOes all three of the common physical walls in Ubers with a little help from Stealth Rock. It's not exactly slow either, and almost guaranteed to outspeed at least 2/3 of them even with Adamant. Nothing is a safe switch in for this behemoth except for Skarmory and Bronzong. The latter is almost never used, and even the former takes 44.3% - 52.1% from Icicle Crash if it has a specially defensive spread, meaning it will be 2HKOed with Stealth Rock. Even then, there's always the 30% chance to flinch. People never seem to realize how powerful this thing is, and switch in Groudon only to quickly switch out, getting heavily mauled in the process. Once they do realize how powerful it is, then comes the real fun. Put up a Substitute as they switch to a faster resist, demolish that, rinse and repeat. It even works as a great revenge killer for something like DD Rayquaza; it only takes 83.7% - 98.6% from a +2 LO ExtremeSpeed, so it can even revenge SD Rayquaza if you keep it healthy. That's such a waste of Mamoswine's amazing power, though. It really excels in tearing gaping holes in stall and offensive teams alike. Adamant is really needed over Jolly in my experience. It secures quite a few KOes, and Jolly outspeeds nothing over Adamant. Any base 90s that run enough Speed to outpace Mamoswine will most likely be using a +Speed nature anyways, so Jolly wouldn't even help. In short, Mamoswine is extremely powerful yet extremely underrated :(.

SubSeed Jumpluff

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute

Jumpluff is a huge threat if played correctly in Sun- and it works well with many Sun sweepers such as Ho-Oh, because of it's ability to encore SD Rockceus and Leech Seed stall it to death. Encore is truly a very effective move in Ubers; it puts a stop to many set up sweepers and stallmons. Leech Seed is a great tool, allowing you to suck off of the massive HP's of pokemon like Giratina and Arceus. Grass type pokemon are uncommon in Ubers, so there aren't many pokemon capable of taking a Leech Seed without suffering the consequences. Substitute blocks status, and allows you to stall even more. Sleep Powder is another useful weapon, shutting one opponent down so you can set up. Beware Kyogre, and random MB Ghostceus's.

Choice Band Rayquaza

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- V-create
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake

Band Ray hits like a truck as well. V-Create 2HKOs 4/0 Ogre WITHOUT hazards, which is just insane. Basically just spam V-create throughout the match. Outrage for the sheer power, or Dragon Claw if you don't want to be locked in to it. Use Extremespeed if you need to kill something (and Extremespeed does a crap-ton of damage). Reasonably self explanatory.

Specially Defensive Jirachi

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock / Protect / U-Turn

SDef Jirachi is incredibly underrated. Under rain, Jirachi can come pretty close to hard countering Mewtwo, as well as being able to counter Kyurem-W (without Specs+Earth Power) and sponge miscellaneous Dragon-type attacks. Jirachi can also provide valuable support to its team in the form of Wish, Thunder Wave, and Stealth Rock if you see fit. Jirachi's ace in the hole, however, is Iron Head. With the combination of Thunder Wave and Iron Head, Jirachi can chip many opponents to death, sponging errant hits with its formidable bulk. One could speed creep, but it's not recommended; Jirachi needs all the bulk it can get, and it already outspeeds the plethora of base 90 stall machines in Ubers.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Rapid Spin / Ice Shard​

a surprisingly good lead set, adamant over naive so have a better chance of killing max hp dialga with a crit. use ice shard if you want to beat rayquaza / shaymin-s reliably, rapid spin for all other situations.
this set loses to darkrai but more often than not will get a shell smash off, icicle spear doesn't take iron barbs damage so no fear there.

Kyogre @ Water Gem
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder​

this looks strange, but at + 1 and at 100% hp you have a 56.25% chance to ohko ferrothorn without any hazards whatsoever. in lieu of ice beam or thunder you can use surf or hydro pump. you don't /need/ all that speed, and some hp investment helps you beat palkia with thunder, but i like outspeeding most base 90s.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 132 Atk / 168 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost​

enough hp for 101 hp subs, enough speed for min speed lugia, rest in attack. this set is pretty much unbeatable for stall teams without arceus rock, it works in all weathers but if you're using it on sun consider sacred fire over brave bird.
nothing on stall can outspeed and phaze this set (except tank normal arceus lol), whereas everything else is smacked super hard by brave bird or sacred fire. works exceptionally well with spikes support.

Groudon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Earthquake
-Dragon Tail

One thing I dislike about Groudon is the fact that it gets worn down so easily; 100 HP and 140 Defense is great to switch in on physical attackers, but it can't switch in on those attacks repeatedly, as without recovery it will get worn down pretty quickly by entry hazards + attacks. RestTalk is a good way of fixing that, and while you lose Stealth Rock and need to carry it somewhere else on your team, Groudon becomes a much more reliably physical wall. If you want, you can use Stone Edge or even Roar over Dragon Tail, but personally I prefer Dragon Tail.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd (Max/Max SAtk/Spd works too)
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Tail Glow
-Rest/Grass Knot

The most common way to beat Manaphy is by Scarf Thunders, however this set aims to lure out it's usually checks and beat them. With the HP Ev's + Wacan, Kyogre's Thunder does around 49% while Zekrom's Bolt Strike does not OHKO. Also is still great against stall, thanks to Rest, however poses much more of a threat against offensive teams. 176 Speed EV's give you 308 Speed, since Manaphy will scare away most Rayquaza and Palkia is most commonly Scarfed, however if you wish to tie Palkia you can run Max Speed.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break

GO GO GO RED RANGER ! Bisharp has to be one of coolest Pokemons I've ever used. Its very obvious but Dark is an amazing STAB-type in Ubers since practically nothing in the tier resists it apart from Terrakion and Dialga and some other handful of Pokemon. Morever, the major Uber walls are helpless against Bisharp. Basically, if your Groudon is dead and you dont have something like a Scarf Terrakion waiting in the wings, you're probably going to lose 3-4 Pokemons. +2 Sucker Punch does INSANE amounts of damage to everything ohkoing most sweepers. Night Slash does 80% to Giratina, when Bisharp is BURNT. Lugia is dying off the bat. Give this guy a spin, it wont dissappoint.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Timid 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Overheat
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Rock / Hidden Power Ice

This is a neat little set I discovered a while back. It absolutely needs Groudon support to function, but otherwise it's a fairly potent revenge killer. Timid is sadly a necessary evil since Modest Scarftran doesn't outspeed Darkrai or Mewtwo, but for the most part Heatran doesn't mind the slight loss of firepower (eheheheh). Overheat in the sun OHKOes Mewtwo and Darkrai, as well as 252 HP Groudon after Spikes. It doesn't quite pull out the KO against Arceus, but it does a huge amount of damage, so thanks to Heatran's resistance to ExtremeSpeed it can deal with a slightly weakened Arceus. Dragon Pulse hits Rayquaza, Palkia, Giratina-A/O, Zekrom, etc. fairly hard, while Earth Power is for Dialga and opposing Heatran. HP Rock allows Heatran to handle Ho-Oh, who is a massive threat to sun teams, but HP Ice is also an option here to allow Heatran to one-shot and revenge kill SD Rayquaza. You can also run auxiliary Fire-type moves over Earth Power.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I'll just post a couple of things first, I actually have a lot:

Underrated Movesets / Pokemon:

Arceus-Ice @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Fire Blast / Focus Blast

Ice Arceus gets quite a bit of bad publicity because of its crappy defensive typing, but a lot of people forget how good an offensive typing Ice is. I've said it many times, but most of the better walls in Ubers are like Metroids, they absolutely hate Ice (Groudon, Giratina, Lugia). Ferrothorn takes neutral from Ice Beam as well, so it won't enjoy it either, and neither does Dialga. In the rain, it has excellent coverage and can hurt pretty much everything not named pink blobs. Just don't try and stack Calm Minds since Ice Arceus probably isn't going to achieve it.

Giratina @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere / Thunder
- Rest

Yeah, I wrote an analysis for this and it's up on-site, but I love it. Most people look at Giratina and are like "heh, you're stalling", and then it just set up in their face, Rest off the damage and then start sweeping. Giratina is easily the bulkiest Pokemon on the planet, and getting about 2 Calm Minds is ridiculously easy. Even at +1, Giratina is doing quite a lot of damage, 2HKOing ExtremeKiller Arceus when it clearly cannot 2HKO in return. It can work quite well in an offensive team that doesn't want to use Ghost Arceus (maybe you want to use another form) in need of a sturdy but powerful spinblocker.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A really underrated Pokemon is Mamoswine. The best set I have found for him is this:

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Snow Cloak
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Substitute

It's just so powerful, and its STABs are so dangerous in Ubers. Here are some calcs: (yeah yeah they are pulled straight from the analysis but I WROTE the analysis so HA)
Icicle Crash vs. 252/252+ Groudon 55.4% - 65.8%
Icicle Crash vs. 252/252+ Lugia 56.7% - 67.8%
Ice Shard vs. 252/252+ Lugia 27.4% - 32.2%
Icicle Crash vs. 248/248+ Giratina 50.5% - 59.6%
Icicle Crash vs. 0/0 Giratina-O 90.2% - 106.6%
Icicle Crash vs. 248/0 Ho-Oh 52% - 61.7%
Earthquake vs. 252/0 Dialga 98.5% - 116.3%
Earthquake vs. 252/0 +1 Dialga 65.8% - 77.7%
Earthquake vs. 4/0 Kyogre 74.6% - 88%
Ice Shard vs. 4/0 Kyogre 14.9% - 17.5%
Earthquake vs. 252/0 Steel Arceus 89.6% - 105.9%
Earthquake vs. 252/0 Ferrothorn 52.8% - 62.2%
Ice Shard vs. 4/0 Rayquaza 115.9% - 137.5%
Ice Shard vs. 4/0 Garchomp 110.6% - 130.7%
Ice Shard vs. 4/0 Shaymin-S 138% - 164.9%

As shown, Mamoswine easily 2HKOes all three of the common physical walls in Ubers with a little help from Stealth Rock. It's not exactly slow either, and almost guaranteed to outspeed at least 2/3 of them even with Adamant. Nothing is a safe switch in for this behemoth except for Skarmory and Bronzong. The latter is almost never used, and even the former takes 44.3% - 52.1% from Icicle Crash if it has a specially defensive spread, meaning it will be 2HKOed with Stealth Rock. Even then, there's always the 30% chance to flinch. People never seem to realize how powerful this thing is, and switch in Groudon only to quickly switch out, getting heavily mauled in the process. Once they do realize how powerful it is, then comes the real fun. Put up a Substitute as they switch to a faster resist, demolish that, rinse and repeat. It even works as a great revenge killer for something like DD Rayquaza; it only takes 83.7% - 98.6% from a +2 LO ExtremeSpeed, so it can even revenge SD Rayquaza if you keep it healthy. That's such a waste of Mamoswine's amazing power, though. It really excels in tearing gaping holes in stall and offensive teams alike. Adamant is really needed over Jolly in my experience. It secures quite a few KOes, and Jolly outspeeds nothing over Adamant. Any base 90s that run enough Speed to outpace Mamoswine will most likely be using a +Speed nature anyways, so Jolly wouldn't even help. In short, Mamoswine is extremely powerful yet extremely underrated :(.

Theorymon

Lately, I've been using poppy's lead Cloyster with Ho-Oh, and GOD DAMN its so good! This is by far the best offensive rapid spinner for a sun team that I have ever used! The only problem is that I don't think poppy's spread outspeeds Scarf Palkia, so I may test out a Jolly spread. Speaking of sun, I've been using this Cloyster with a rather under rated Ho-Oh set...

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Tailwind

Okay, this is a bit different than the Tailwind Ho-Oh onsite, because while the one onsite is meant for sweeping, the one I've been using is more about playing like a regular tank Ho-Oh (though sweeping isn't out of the question). The big thing about using Tailwind over Substitute or Earthquake is that when used at the right time, its a great boon for offensive teams! For example, there have been a few times where Tailwind Ho-Oh has saved me against smashpass in conjunction with fast stuff like Terrakion! There's also always the potential for a sweep, and unlike Flame Charge Ho-Oh, Tailwind Ho-Oh isn't forced to sacrifice a huge amount of bulk to outspeed Mewtwo! And of course, unlike Flame Charge, Tailwind could help another one of your teammates sweep!

Reshiram @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
- Substitute
- Flame Charge
- Blue Flare
- Dragon Pulse

Neat little set I played with for a bit a while back. Absolutely needs Groudon and Entry Hazards to really function, but if the support is good this set is a monster. Set up a Substitute on something you will force out, like Giratina, and set up Flame Charge. While you really need 2 or more Flame Charges to really get going, the extra bulk is really good, and even without a boosting item (though you may want Life Orb to beat weakened Chanseys) you can still demolish Pokemon like Arceus and Groudon with Blue Flare.

Gonna look for my EVs on Tanky Rayquaza, I'll edit this post when I find them.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
for the above set might as well just run modest, flame charge isnt being used to deal damage.

Reshiram @ Life Orb
EVs:4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild / Hasty
-Flame Charge
-Blue Flare
-Dragon Pulse
-Stone Edge

i like reshi alot because its has fucking amazing stabs and stuff. specs is fun but keeping sun up is too much of a pain for specs. flame charge reshi is a cool set that could use a lot more usage. being able to outspeed everything up to speed boosting nature deo-a is cool. stone edge is a great move on resh because ho-oh is one of the best checks to it around, and with stone edge you are practically guaranteed around that (fuck 80 acc though lol). outside of that you have its great stabs to kill shit.

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Multitype
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head / Iron Tail
-Earthquake
-Recvoer

another known set that could use a lot more use. its sad when nearly every arceus type is overshadowed in usage by charizard, so we should totally find new arceus sets or make them more popular. SD Steelceus is great despite its not very amazing offensive stab. steel stab isnt actually very bad in ubers, only failing to hit kyogre, manaphy, zekrom, and dialga (and some other thigns) for neutral damage. iron head is a great reliable stab that has a great 30% flinch rate, which is useful for things that arceus cant kill in one turn. it is much better than the usable iron tail, which hits harder and can get a few ohkos that iron head cannot. earthquake gives steelceus great coverage, and hits most things that resist steel for at least neutral damage. because of its great defensive typing, it is still capable of tanking many hits. recover is a great move to abuse its great typing and give it multiple set up oppurtunities

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Air Lock
Naughty 252 Atk / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
- Tailwind
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

This Rayquaza is a bit of a mix-and-match of the Dragon Dance and Mix sets. Early game, it plays like a standard MixQuaza, nailing things with Draco Meteor for quick kills and then retreating. Lategame, it serves as a cleaner, using Tailwind to set up an Outrage sweep (hence the maximum Attack investment and Naughty nature). The EV spread guarantees that you outspeed Choice Scarf Terrakion with Tailwind in effect, but you can also of course opt for 252 Spe Naive so that Rayquaza is faster than things like maximum Speed Dialga early in the game.

Now, why would you use this over MixDDRayquaza? For one, Speed. Tailwind Rayquaza outspeeds very important checks to Dragon Dance Rayqauza, the most prominent being Choice Scarf Palkia, and to a much lesser extent Choice Scarf Terrakion. Additionally, it does not require as much EV investment to do this, meaning that it doesn't have to worry as much about splitting EVs, and can therefore perform its mix role relatively more effectively. I suppose the argument can be made that 252 SpA MixDDRay could work better, but it doesn't outspeed Palkia and has a weaker initial Outrage, which can be a big factor in stall match-ups. But the real reason to consider this set over MixDDRay is that Tailwind also affects Rayquaza's teammates. Mixed Dialga and Choice Specs Kyogre are suddenly far more intimidating when nothing outspeeds them. Even if Rayquaza fails in its lategame sweep, there's a decent chance its teammates can pick up where it left off.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Multitype
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head / Iron Tail
-Earthquake
-Recvoer

another known set that could use a lot more use. its sad when nearly every arceus type is overshadowed in usage by charizard, so we should totally find new arceus sets or make them more popular. SD Steelceus is great despite its not very amazing offensive stab. steel stab isnt actually very bad in ubers, only failing to hit kyogre, manaphy, zekrom, and dialga (and some other thigns) for neutral damage. iron head is a great reliable stab that has a great 30% flinch rate, which is useful for things that arceus cant kill in one turn. it is much better than the usable iron tail, which hits harder and can get a few ohkos that iron head cannot. earthquake gives steelceus great coverage, and hits most things that resist steel for at least neutral damage. because of its great defensive typing, it is still capable of tanking many hits. recover is a great move to abuse its great typing and give it multiple set up oppurtunities
I would just like to say as ordinary-looking as this set is, I HAVE had my Skarmory killed by Iron Head flinches (not just once!) before Whirlwinding it out, lol. Annoying shit is always annoying :naughty:

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
he's back

Blaziken (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Roar
- Hi Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz​

i was gonna put a replay but aesoft isn't working fsr

but yeah i beat a guy to pulp cos i got a free sub on ferrothorn and i roared out lugia with SR up

giratina-a and lugia can't phaze you out and in the strictest sense you've beaten both your counters with no prediction. you're also immune to WoW. keep in mind this needs hazards to beat these pokemon eventually.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus

EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spd
- Tailwind
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Shadow Claw / Destiny Bond

Tailwind Giratina-o is a great lategame cleaner. Since most Ubers rely on taking special attacks, physical Giratina-o can hit them where it hurts. The metaphorical nutsack, if you will. The Speed EVs allow Giratina-o to outspeed Choice Scarf Jolly Chomp after a Tailwind. If you want to outpace Scarf Terrakion, then you can run more Speed. Destiny Bond is an interesting attack that can be used as a last ditch suicide move before Tailwind peters out.

Lugia @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Aeroblast
- Earth Power

Offensive Calm Mind Lugia was somewhat popular in Gen IV, but is sorely overlooked in Gen V. Many people now look to Flying Arceus as a Calm Mind user, but Lugia's natural special bulk and surprise factor give it an edge over The Creator. Flying is a pretty good STAB in ubers, since few Pokemon resist it, and those who do crumble to Earth Power. This set has two main problems: one, Aeroblast has only 8 PP, and two, Lugia needs at least one Calm Mind to hurt anything and around three to actually sweep.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Scald
- Rest
- Protect / Toxic / Ice Beam

Vaporeon's niche over other Hydration abusers in Ubers (I'm looking at you Manaphy) is that it can pass massive Wishes. Each of Vaporeon's Wishes is healing 232 HP. That is more than two-thirds of Palkia's unboosted HP. Granted, they aren't Chansey size Wishes, but Vaporeon, unlike Chansey, has some offensive capabilities outside of Seismic Toss. Rain-boosted Scald does a decent amount without any investment. Rest gives Vaporeon some quick healing itself and, with Protect, can allow it to outstall certain attacks (primarily Scarf Palkia's Thunder).

EVs: 116 HP / 252 SAtk / 140 Spd
- Tailwind
- Shadow Ball
- Aura Sphere
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse

Unlike the physical set, Special Tailwind Giratina-o has access to much more powerful moves. Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere get perfect coverage, but the real kicker is Draco Meteor. This sucker is going to be killing a lot more than the dinosaurs. However, it will likely end Giratina-o's lategame sweep prematurely, so only use it when necessary. Dragon Pulse is always an option.

Tropius @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SDef / 168 Spd
- Roost
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Air Slash / Whirlwind

YEAH I'M POSTING TROPIUS WHAT OF IT. This elite Pokemon is the best gimmick Grass-type to hit Ubers since Parasect. The Speed EVs and Timid nature allow it to outspeed Mewtwo in the sun. Unlike its fellow SubSeeder Skymin, Tropius doesn't look like a piece of garbage- I mean, has access to always adored Roost. Speaking of Skymin, Air Slash gives Tropius a chance of hitting Skymin (just avoid Skymin's Air Slash like the plague). Whirlwind kinda defeats the point of SubSeed, but its still a useful support move in its own right.

Groudon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Dragon Tail

Mah boi G-Money here has been hittin' the gym, and it pays off. Bulk Up with MAXIMUM SPECIAL BULKAGE turns Groudon into a complete tank. Even without investment, boosted Earthquakes are going to dent anything that doesn't resist them. Thunder Wave is there mostly for utility, but you can use whatever you want in place of it. I think Rest might be a nifty option.

Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam / Dark Pulse

ExtremeKiller can smd, this is how MEN play Normal Arceus. The main advantage this Arceus has over other CM Arceus is simply the fact that it can use Leftovers. That small HP recovery every turn really adds up and somewhat justifies sacrificing Recover for coverage. There really isn't much else to say about it, except that it is as manly as a non-Fighting Arceus can get.

EVs: 116 Atk / 252 SAtk / 140 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Tailwind
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Aura Sphere / Earthquake

MOAR GIRATINA-O. You might as well call this set Hannah Montana, because it gives you the best of both worlds: you get the sheer power of Draco Meteor and the ability to hit many Ubers on their soft side. Also, you can use Rash if you want, I just like Mild because I try to keep my Pokemon free from skin ailments.

Oh my gawd... that Tropius. xD I might have to make an Ubers sun team just to test that out.

All right. I have one. It's called f*kin' Charge Beam Mewtwo.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam

I created this puppy as an alternative version of a 4-attacks LO Mewtwo that I had been using on a Groudon team (had Fire Blast in place of Charge Beam).

The selling point of his set is picking up a KO while setting up, without needing to take a turn to do so during which you can be counterattacked. I often send this guy out on a weakened Kyogre or Darkrai or something that he can definitely outspeed, pick up the revenge kill with Charge Beam, and proceed to use him like a regular LO non-CM Mewtwo. The first three attacks offer coverage on everything important in Ubers save other Mewtwo, which can be handled with +1 Ice Beam. It loses out on the SDef boost that contributes to CMtwo's bulk and consequent deadliness, but it trades it for the ability to set up and nab a KO simultaneously. It's slightly luck-based as far as picking up the boosts goes, but it CAN function without them as 4 attacks Mewtwo normally does, and the risk is mitigated by the possibility of getting to +2 or +3 (which is really just overkill on most things).

Sorry for the delay. Also it's 4 am when I'm typing this so sorry if I make typos and errors.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Naive / Hasty / Timid Nature
EV's: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- U-Turn
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

Hydreigon is a really cool and underrated mon. It's niche in Ubers over popular Scarf users such as Palkia or Zekrom is that it has access to U-Turn, Levitate, immunity to Toxic Spikes, and a Dark-Type STAB. U-Turn can hit Mewtwo for a nice 35% with a neutral nature which then allows you to switch to the correct mon to take the incoming hit (generally Ice Beam or Aura Sphere). Dark Pulse is also really good for a late game clean-up sweep when you have your opponent weak. The flinch rate can also be a game-saver. Draco Meteor should be fired off early in the game since Kyogre is the primary switch-in. Depending on the damage output you can generally tell if it's running a Scarf or Specs set.

Placing Hydreigon on your team can be pretty difficult. It doesn't give you a Kyogre check like a Palkia can, but don't underestimate it. Give it a shot and see how you like it. When I first used it, it was only because I wanted to try somewhat of a gimmick mon that I could see working. The end result was a 1550 ladder ranking with Hydreigon as a stable on my sun team.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Careful
EV's: 236 HP / 98 Def / 176 SDef
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Toxic Spikes / Spikes
- Pain Split

This is the Forretress I ALWAYS run. Since I love running sun, it means I love running Ho-Oh. Since I love running Ho-oh, it means I like to keep it alive. SINCE I LIKE TO KEEP IT ALIVE, I NEED A SPINNER THAT CAN STAY ALIVE. That's where this Forretress comes in. It's a fantastic check to ExtremeKiller with a combination of Toxic + Pain Split. Toxic + Pain Split also helps it take down Giratina-a and Giratina-o that lack Hidden Power - Fire, while gaining a shit ton of health back from Pain Split.

Spikes can be used over Toxic Spikes if your team benefits from it more, but most of the time I like to stick with Toxic Spikes. Make sure you have something to take on Steel types and Tentacruel though, since you can't touch either of them.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Naive
EV's: 4 SpA / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Substitute / Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

This is a really cool Garchomp set that I ran on my sand team for a while. It's pretty much the same as Sub / SD but it uses Life Orb and Fire Blast instead. Fire Blast is there for nailing Skarmory and hitting Forretress and Ferrothorn really hard (although Ferrothorn will already take a lot from Earthquake). The choice of Sub or SD is up to you. Substitute lets you abuse Sand Veil a bit more while Earthquake lets you sweep pretty much every stall team in existance. Outrage can be used > Dragon Claw but that defeats the purpose of nailing Skarm if one is to switch in on you.

i really like using that forretress faint, but i think i prefer spikes over tspikes - personally, i think forry beats everything on its own that you want tspikes for anyway like arceus and for things such as kyogre and dialga, with spikes you weaken it already to handle it with other threats. the exception is when pairing forry with skarm as your spiker which i think is a pretty solid combo. great set tho and thanks for introducing it to me

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Prankster
Modest 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Tailwind
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Taunt / Grass Knot

Tornadus's Prankster Tailwind gives it an interesting niche in Ubers, allowing it to reverse a sweep against pretty much anything except Swords Dance ExtremeSpeed sweepers. Slow, heavy hitters like Choice Specs Kyogre (a very recommened partner since this set needs Drizzle support already anyway) are absurdly deadly when their Speed is doubled, as the opponent now has to contend with switching into monstrously powerful attacks without being able to outspeed and revenge kill the threat. Mixed Dialga is another recommened partner due to its resistances to the most common forms of Ubers priority.

Tornadus is itself no slouch offensively, oddly enough. Modest LO Hurricane 2HKOes a surprising amount of the metagame with Stealth Rock support. Timid generally isn't needed due to the odd Ubers Speed tiers; most things faster than Modest Tornadus are also faster than Timid Tornadus, with the exception of Palkia, who is, for the most part, usually a Choice Scarfer anyway. Focus Blast covers Dialga, etc and provides excellent coverage alongside Hurricane. Taunt shuts down attempts to set up from the likes of Darkrai, Rayquaza, etc. Grass Knot on the other hand absolutely pulverizes Groudon, who would otherwise be able to render Hurricane mostly useless with Drought. Likewise, Hidden Power Ice can be used to deal with Rayquaza.

shrang

General Kenobi
Eh, it got rejected by QC, but it doesn't mean it can't destroy!

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Nature: Calm
- Acupressure
- Substitute
- Scald
- Protect

Yes, it was too luck-based, but the fact that if luck goes your way, you are destroying entire cities and villages with this thing. Even if you don't get the boosts you want, you can still do a Stallrein and stall for 32 turns if you want. Simply put, if I can sweep half a team with this thing using Struggle (damn those Calm Mind Pressure Lugias and me not getting a crit), you know this is beast. EVs are there so you outspeed Adamant Excadrill in the sand if you happen to get a Speed boost.

Yeah toxic is exasperatingly common on Forretress now... oh also let it be known that volt switch forretress + dialga can threaten every spinblocker except ghost-arceus, who is susceptible to tspikes or toxic, except a retarded refresh or resttalk ghost-arceus, lol.

Always wondered why no one used Gengar in ubers...
Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Trick
-Perish Song
-Focus Blast
-Shadow ball

I've used this set for quite some time and it always catches people off guard. The main niche of this set is that it will always screw normal Arceus and any other rapid spinner. Trick will handicap both of them and Perish Song will phaze the former, especially after it has gotten a few boost with swords dance. Another good point about this set is its ability to shut down Blissey Chansey, +1 Dragon Dance Rayquaza and most CM Mewtwo. Another niche it has over most Scarf users is that base 110 speed and 3 immunities.

I recommend destiny bond over perish song if you're gonna use this set. Unlike stupid subdisable gar, this actually beats extremekiller arceus more often than not (albeit sacrificing itself in the process).

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Tired of allowing Dialga to set up Stealth Rock? Annoyed of allowing it to Draco Meteor your Groudon? Need something that can set up Rocks and Sun? Well this Groudon is capable of beating all dialga (barring specs) one-on-one, while also being able to set up rocks, sun, and still is capable of being able to do A LOT MORE.

Groudon @ Earth Plate
EVs: 240 HP / 196 Atk / 56 SDef / 16 Spd
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch

Groudon's often looked to as one of the best physical walls in the tier, but its 150 base attack stat is often forgotten, and this set capitalizes on its bulk and attack to make it a great user of Stealth Rock. Earthquake boosted by Earth Plate does massive amounts of damage OHKOing Dialga, and dealing more then 70% to stuff like no defense invested Palkia and Kyogre, making an easy 2HKO and also placing them in range for stuff like Rayquaza's ExtremeSpeed. Earth Plate also gives the impression your Banded which is nice to stomp over stuff that wants to switch in to be immune to your moves (like Ho-oh) which is what Stone Edge and Fire Punch are for, to nail flying types and Skarmory (standard Forry and Ferro are already 2HKOed :P). EVs are a bit strange, 240 HP gives you a number to take 4 seismic tosses, combining that with 56 Special Defense EVs give you enough bulk to not be OHKOed by one Life Orbed Draco Meteor from the likes of Dialga or any dragon with a base 150 Special Attack stat assuming a decent roll (you have a 54% chance to live it). 196 Attack practically gurantees an OHKO on standard Dialga while the rest is thrown into speed to speed creep. Speed Creep isn't nessecary though and it can be put into attack or special defense when you don't want to invest in it. Another strange idea is substituting Expert Belt for Earth Plate; it lowers the power of Earthquake on all pokemon that aren't steels but it allows you to hit Lugia harder with Stone Edge before being forced to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)