Bird Mafia Postgame!

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After another day's Lynch, the birds started to return to their nests, but one of them had another plan, there would be two more deaths on this day.

"I'M GROWING RESTLESS, FUCK THIS GAME." Yelled ExplorerAce. He then took out a chainsaw and when ballistic all over the closest bird, Sir_Lu. He was completely cut to ribbons, except for a small nametag...

Dear Sir_Lu,

You are Emu, the flightless bird that's NOT AN OSTRICH.

You are pretty cool, but seeing as you come from New Zealand you're too busy being cool and lounging around all day.

You have decided to join the battle for bird supremacy. You have aligned yourself with the Fucking Awesome Birds. However, you were separated from your group.

You are aligned with the Fucking Awesome Birds. You win if the Fucking Awesome Birds win.
Sir_Lu was the carrier of the Egg, but he kept it for way too long to do anything fun with it...

The birds, all astounded with ExplorerAce's rage, failed to notice that Thorns exploded behind them, leaving a small, black, piece of paper.

Dear Thorns,

You are the crow. You are the only truly evil bird in the world.

While it seems you are alone, you can summon you fellow crows to help you over the course of the game. If you are ever the target of a night role, you will have your revenge. At night, you may send a PM to Jimbo and billymills entitled 'Night x - swarming'. If you were targeted by a night role the previous night, you will kill whoever targeted you. If you were targeted by more than 1 role, one of the people who targetted you will be killed at random. Your crow friends will only swarm 4 times in the entire game though.

If you are ever killed at night, the crows will not avenge your death. Killing is not the only thing crows can do. Once during the game you may send a PM to Jimbo or billymills 'Day x - Tell Swarm to lynch USER'. One extra vote will be counted for this user. You can only use this power once, so choose wisely.

You are neutral. All will fall before you. You win if you can kill three users.
Sadly for Thorns, his win condition was not fulfilled. He was able to kill two users: Flounder and Shade. However, he misfired a swarm, and he never wanted to use his 1-time Mayor ability... If he had, he would've won. (If Thorns used his swarm lynch and that person died, it would've counted as a kill for him, oh well).

"Heh, that was fun." ExplorerAce said. He then took off his cloak to reveal...

Dear ExplorerAce,

You are the Pterodactyl, not really a bird but oh well.

Using your vicious fangs and great speed, you can kill every night. Once per night, you may PM Jimbo and billymills with Night X - Kill [User] and by dawn that user will be ripped to ribbons. Your speed also makes your night ability have the highest priority in the game.

You have decided to join the battle for bird supremacy, you are aligned with the Dead Birds. You are especially friendly with the Passenger Pigeon, oddly. Your allies include:

Great Auk ~ Earthworm
Dodo ~ TAY
Passenger Pigeon ~ Twash

You win if your alliance can eliminate all other players in the game.

Overall EAce did very well, though I couldn't check up on him fully because he doesn't use IRC. He didn't miss any PMs though, which would've been bad considering he was his team's only killer...

"They were all so... stupid." TAY muttered. TAY then took off his mask:

Dear TAY,

You are the Dodo, the stereotypical retard.

You can't really do anything right except make shits that grow trees. You can't even lynch correctly! When you lynch, your vote is a negative vote.

You have decided to join the battle for bird supremacy, you are aligned with the Dead Birds. Your allies include:

Great Auk ~ Earthworm
Passenger Pigeon ~ Twash
Pterodactyl ~ ExplorarAce

TAY helped infiltrate the villager, which was good. At one point he held the Bubble Gum, which could've helped him out a bit, but it was stolen! Overall, his role was one of the more uncool ones, but he still did well. I couldn't resist giving TAY this completely fitting role too.

"Jolly ho!" said the brit Twash.

Dear Twash,

You are Passenger Pigeon, the once commonplace bird of America.

You are pretty good at delivering mail, but you can also deliberately deliver it to the wrong person. Once during the game, you can send a PM to Jimbo and billymills with 'Night X - Make [User1] target [User 2]' and you will re-direct User1's night ability to User 2.

You have decided to join the battle for bird supremacy, you are aligned with the Dead Birds. You have a special bond with the Pterodactyl, strangely. Your allies include:

Great Auk ~ Earthworm
Dodo ~ TAY

Twash used his re-direction at the perfect time, he was able to get the village's hooker Flounder killed by Thorns with it. Twash also conducted the first ever stealth lynch in Smogon mafia, which was completely awesome. He did very well. Also, the mafia didn't know, but if EAce did die, Twash would've become the killer.

And the mastermind Earthworm...

Dear Earthworm,

You are the Great Auk, you kind of look like a puffin.

You don't have too many redeeming qualities other than looking like the illegitimate child of a Penguin and a Puffin. You are "great" at one thing though, and that's larceny. Once per night, you may PM Jimbo and billymills with 'Night X - Steal from [User]' and if this user holds an item, it will become yours.

You have decided to join the battle for bird supremacy, you are aligned with the Dead Birds. Your allies include:

Dodo ~ TAY
Passenger Pigeon ~ Twash

Earthworm did extremely well in this game. He immediately pulled his team together to plan, came up with fake roles, and infiltrated the village. Earthworm also masterminded the re-direction, as well as other great plans. He was going to let Thorns win, but he ended up not sending in his role PM to target Thorns. In my opinion this made for a better game, as this mafia remained untouched. 1000/10

Some other awards:

Best Villager:

Misaki-chi

:3 You organized the village extremely quickly which was great. Unfortunately you were never protected so you died quickly :( You never gave up though which was nice!

Unluckiest Player:
Tie between Bass and demon238/Shade:
Unfortunately for Bass, a crucial player was silenced and he was immediately targeted because of it. He could've been a very cool player, but it wasn't meant to be....

Now Demon and Shade played a role that was very funny, the "insane cop" role. Obviously, hummingbirds rush WAY too much to get accurate results all the time! His inspections had a 1/3 of getting a random role from a living player, 1/3 chance of getting a completely fake role (such as Condor and Flamingo), and a 1/3 chance of getting a real rule. This is where the unluckyness comes in: He tried inspecting Earthworm very quickly, but instead of getting his real role, he got the Parrot. Funny enough, demon238 also inspected the real Parrot, Veedrock, and got his real rule. You did well with what you got, but you shouldn't have kept trusting your results after getting the second parrot :(

Worst/Most Inactive Player:
Jenigmat. A Martyr is kind of important, but you didn't use your ability much at all ;(

Best Player:
Earthworm, obviously. I stated most of the reasons above, but you played pretty flawlessly.

Congrats to the winners: The Dead Birds - TAY, Twash, ExplorerAce, and Earthworm!

Thanks to everyone for playing a great game. Thank you to billymills for helping set up the game, sorry I kind of took over too much during your absence x___x

Hope I did ok for my first time running a mafia ^__^;

PS lol moment: Moi came up with "extinct birds" n0
PPS If anyone has any questions feel free to ask now :) I don't think I missed anything.

First off, good hosts guys, this was a fun game (some of the role PMs made me chuckle).

Huge props to Earthworm. He gave us crystal clear instructions, and this is the result. Excellent playing, honestly. You could say he got lucky with the Parrot, but that doesn't take from the fact that he played perfectly. He masterminded the stealth lynch also. In fact, he practically did everything (perfectly).

Lol, TAY claimed Pidgeon, ironic.

Oh, and sorry, moot. I lied about blue_light by the way, but it was a good scapegoat for me to use. Apologies to him! ;x

[23:54] <blue_light> your lie is stupid

lol

sorry blue_light for distrusting you. i was inspecting you the night i died. ironically i was planning on lynching either earthworm or moi (probably not moi as we had inspected him) if you turned up ok. i was starting to get pretty paranoid. and a bit despairing once cof died, because i told the bodyguard to protect him. then the bodyguard failed to protect me. joy

Yeah, this didn't go so well. I asked Misaki to inspect me early so I could be cleared and gain the ability myself (never said I would get the ability though), forgetting that it's possible to have inspector protection (like moi's role below). This probably made me really suspicious, seeing as I only got ONE reply from the village as a whole (and that was a PM confirming Misaki could still win). I did get inspection for one night, which told me ExplorerAce was Flamingo with the FAB (I had no idea it could be fake ~_~).

Yeah, not the hottest game.

i'm sorry i lied to you all. here is my real role pm

Dear moi,

You are the Dodo.

After being extinct for many a year, scientist have finally managed to produce a genetic replica of the original Dodo. And fuck, are you ever mad. Shouldn’t being entirely wiped off the face of the earth do that to you?

So you’re here now for revenge. You’ve come up with a few ways to get it, too. By killing off all others in a simple game of mafia sounded like a good one. Once per night, you may send a PM to Jimbo and billymills titled 'Night X - Pecking [User] to Death'. They won’t have the pleasure of waking up with you in the morning.

You’ve also figured out a way to keep yourself hidden. If ever inspected, this Role PM will show up instead of your original one.

Dear moi,

You are Dragonite, who the fuck cares if you're not a bird?

After many arduous battles you have evolved from Dragonair into your more powerful form, and in doing so you learned the powerful move Hyper Beam! However, Hyper Beam is not powerful enough to do anything at the moment, so you'll have to sit and look cool.

You have decided to join the battle for bird supremacy. You have aligned yourself with the Fucking Awesome Birds. However, you were separated from your group.

You are aligned with the Fucking Awesome Birds. You win if the Fucking Awesome Birds win.
You are aligned with yourself. You win if you are the last user alive.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
jumpluff, I still want to know who user "mystery" was.

Good game I guess, but I am still pretty bitter about how that first day went.

I should've trusted Blue_Light and Bender from the beginning.

And not Earthworm ><

I kept the egg until Misaki-Chi told me to give it to RB Golbat.

Very nice play though, EW.

eh Misaki said it'd be better if I idled, which I think made sense. If I used my power on a thief, then I'd lose my power and the other team would get a new martyr, and if I martyred a killer I'd die because Misaki had already claimed, meaning the bg was protecting her. I probably could have done a bit more in the game, but yea

Yeah, sorry about that outburst I had on mIRC, which imo didn't really do anything since the identity of the bodyguard was already known by the mole. It was unfortunate that my role was so debilitating because it really just gave away the game after it messed up since as soon as Earthworm got into the circle and one of the inspectors died, it was really way too late to find out if my inspection results were true or not since we were basically crippled.

To be honest Twash, I am surprised you didn't get lynched after that ridiculous lie you made up and I suspected that you were mafia as soon as I talked to you, but I didn't really have any control over the village so I just went with what the others wanted.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well basically all I did this game was not arouse suspicion. Earthworm was really the mvp of this entire damn game.

I thought my false claim was pretty good! I was extremely worried that pigeon would already exist, but it fit too well with the bubble gum for me to pass it up. Also Jimbo you owe me for not giving me a better role (and not meeting up in NY).

FAAAAA said:
Dear TAY,

You are the Pigeon, the city bird.

You have always looked up to the Fucking Awesome Birds because you are so common, and you have decided to help them out in hopes that they will one day accept you. The only problem is that you have no talent whatsoever. However, being a city bird, you do have a piece of bubble gum. One time during the Night, you may send a PM to Jimbo and billymills (when holding the Bubble Gum), entitled 'Night X - Throwing Bubble Gum at [User]' on this Night, you will spit the bubble gum wad into [user]'s wings and they will be unable to do anything during that night. The Bubble Gum disappears after you use it.

You have decided to join the battle for bird supremacy. You are aligned with the Fucking Awesome Birds. However, you were separated from your group.

You win if the Fucking Awesome Birds win.

I think our group really does owe a lot to Earthworm. I didn't know what I was doing, and now I'm certain I'll play more mafia.

Jimbo, good job with the post-game too.

For all curious people:

Fake Role PM said:
Dear ExplorarAce,
You are the Ostrich, the flightless sprinter.

You are one of the fastest flightless birds, and with your ridiculously long neck and legs you can easily scout around in places quickly and efficiently. Once per night, you may send a PM to Jimbo and billymills titled 'Night X - Find Item' and you will find out who has that item by dawn.

You have decided to join the battle for bird supremacy, you are aligned with the Fucking Awesome Birds. However, you were separated from your group.

That was my fake role PM, which I never needed to use.

EDIT: The Italian Mafia man apologies to:
ControllerofFlames
Jengimat
moot
Misaki-chi
Veedrock
moi
And of course, SirLu and Throns

For all being targets of my kills. (I think moot was the only one I didn't kill)

TAY's fake role pm was nice I have to admit I was fooled. Earthworm did a very nice job in this mafia, if only he was half as effective in this mafia as when he was in Elements mafia, his team would not have fallen into shambles.

Funny thing is that if tennisace ever used that Sharp Beak he would have used it on Sir Lu, who I thought for sure was a mafia since his false claim to me was so retarded.

Anyway, it was a great game overall and great hosting by Jimbo (not so much billymills =p), though my role was kind of set up for failure.

Here's my fake role PM for those who don't know.

Fake Role PM said:
Dear Twash,

You are Articuno, the legendary bird Pokémon that can control ice.

You are pretty good at mirroring moves to the foe as you shimmer through the air. Once during the game, you can send a PM to Jimbo and billymills with 'Night X - Make [User1] target [User 2]' and you will re-direct User1's night ability to User 2.

You have decided to join the battle for bird supremacy. You are aligned with the Fucking Awesome Birds. However, you were separated from your group.

Wasn't great, and I was under suspicion for taking too long to get it to blue_light, but whatever. :)

I was going to claim Pidgeot, but then I got told tennisace was...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)