Smeargle's Art Gallery

Welcome to Smeargle's Art Gallery
Showcaseing Smogon artist's talents

Wick's Picks

small space scene
Don't have all that much time for requests but I love Smeargle so hopefully I can get around to him!

And now here is my FAVORITE CHAMPION HOORAY

Unfortunately I ran out of steam on this and wasn't satisfied with most of it, but it's an okay sketch so I may as well post!

I almost prefer the lineart on its own; here's the large file:
http://i45.tinypic.com/huisy9.png

dishy's life story might have to wait, it's too traumatic

Duskull - done for Darkanine. 2/19/10
[/HIDE]

Past Monthly Features
Month 1
ok so since making art threads seems to be the norm around here i'll go ahead and make one too

so here you go:

>=[ ] gyarados!
Month 2
i dunno lol
BROS 4 LYFE

I saw this thread an hour or two ago and went OH I'VE NEVER DRAWN WEEZING so I did.

If you are interested in choosing featured artwork, please PM me.

So, you pm your submission or may you post it here?

And you say only ''scratched'' sprites are allowed. But your example is art, not a sprite. So is there a ''competition'' for the art and for sprites or is it just mixed?

It's mixed. And you can post your suggestions here, but unless it follows the format I posted, I'll assume it's a comment.
I'll fix the wording so it's less "iffy"

And this isn't a competition, just a place for people to display their best art.

You know instead of doing a topic to submit, why not be a scout and look throughout this section?

For example, weekly you will save (and your judges I suppose) work throughout the subsection that is posted, and at the end of each week, make a topic for "This Week in the Studio" or something like that.

It'll be much better for accurately representing this section. Plus you can do the results of the month for The Smog.

I like the idea, but I think you can do something much better.

You know instead of doing a topic to submit, why not be a scout and look throughout this section?

For example, weekly you will save (and your judges I suppose) work throughout the subsection that is posted, and at the end of each week, make a topic for "This Week in the Studio" or something like that.

It'll be much better for accurately representing this section. Plus you can do the results of the month for The Smog.

I like the idea, but I think you can do something much better.
i really like that idea and i think it's a legitimate thing to pursue.

even the smog idea. i mean, i check smogon daily, but only really for firebot, CAP, and this section. it would make the smog even more appealing to me, and i'm sure a lot of others are in the same boat. and there would be more incentive for our artists to submit more.

Holy crap, Doran Dragon, I can't believe I missed that! You did that in Paint?!
You can be sure it will make the next weekly feature.

Anyway, just an update:
I havn't updated this in a while, so the whole week system is starting on Month 2. Secondly, the monthly features are going to be the winner of the Smogon Art Contest, run by Bucky.

Unless something is posted here, I need to scout for good weekly features. It would be nice is people could send me some suggestions.
Also, I'd appreciate it if someone would make a banner for this.

Mmmmm, I figured this was completely dead.
This is probably why the smeargle's studio mods didn't reply to my approval of a blog type weekly update.
Anyways, I figure we can build off of this, I'll submit ideas later, I don't have enough time on my comp. ):

Alright so this week Shinxe burst into smeargle's studio and started pumping out quality art. Sorry, Doran Dragon, Shinxe made the next weekly feature. Also look out for the first winner of the Monthly Art Contest comeing out in a couple days.

Alright, the OP has been updated.

Good job, Shinxe! (Oh gee I've never drawn wheezing before I guess I could do that whatever. Oh wait I won?)

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
Oh go on!

Let's turn our attention to Swaggersaurus's Meowth and its nose, I feel like I'm gonna go to the Museum of Fine Arts and look at a Japanese block print and see that Meowth behind a samurai somewhere.

spoiler: samurai were pokemon trainers

So after like 10 minutes of searching I finnaly found Kisaut's art thread again

Kisaut if you're reading this please come back I miss you :(.

Also can somebody help me find that one guy who did those crazy abstract landscapes and then just sort of left?

^ Never mind

Uh so it was updated again.
Discuss?

Also I might use this as my own art thread, although I'll still keep the weekly and monthly features... although I can't do anything right now, due to my tablet being broken down...

So after like 10 minutes of searching I finnaly found Kisaut's art thread again

Kisaut if you're reading this please come back I miss you :(.

Also can somebody help me find that one guy who did those crazy abstract landscapes and then just sort of left?
crazy abstract landscapes?

I did some abstracts and some landscapes but not a combinations, idk who you are talking about but i'm interested to see

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)