Playoffs Smogon Tour - Season Nine Finals [Won by Zak91]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Smogon Tour Season Nine Finals

Congratulations to all Smogon Tour finalists, it is an incredible accomplishment to have made it this far. Each of you will now compete for the coveted title of Smogon Tour champion! Below you will find the 16 man, single elimination bracket that indicates your opponent. The two of you will be responsible for contacting one another and setting up a mutually agreeable time to play your "best of three" match which must include 1 OU game, 1 UU game, and 1 Uber game... each of which will be governed by the standard rules of the Smogon Tour which can be found here.

There is one exception to the standard rules; as of this moment, the recognized tiers of the Smogon Tour are FROZEN.
The ban lists for the OU and UU metagames are included at the bottom of this post. As the rules state, Arceus is the only Pokemon banned from Ubers.

The player with the lower seed will choose which game (OU/UU/Uber) to play first. The player with the higher seed will choose the game (OU/UU/Uber) to play second. To be clear, in the case of a No. 1 seed against a No. 16 seed, the number 1 seed gets to pick the first game. In the case of top 16 players who were tied in the rankings, seeds were assigned randomly.

Please report results in this thread.

The deadline for the finals is ASAP. Don't make me kick anyone's ass.

I am hopeful that all matches will be played speedily... please do not wait simply because you have time to do so. However, do NOT play your next opponent until the round has officially been posted even if you know who it is. I want to give people a chance to make predictions and and discuss the progress of the tournament. I also do not want one side of the bracket to advance faster than another.

OU Ban List
Code:
Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-e
Deoxys-f
Deoxys-l
Dialga
Garchomp
Giratina
Giratina-o
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Latios
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Shaymin-s
Wobbuffet
Wynaut
UU Ban List
Code:
Abomasnow
Aerodactyl
Arceus
Azelf
Blissey
Breloom
Bronzong
Celebi
Cresselia
Crobat
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-e
Deoxys-f
Deoxys-l
Dialga
Dragonite
Dusknoir
Electivire
Empoleon
Flygon
Forretress
Gallade
Garchomp
Gengar
Giratina
Giratina-o
Gliscor
Groudon
Gyarados
Heatran
Heracross
Hippowdon
Ho-oh
Honchkrow
Infernape
Jirachi
Jolteon
Kingdra
Kyogre
Latias
Latios
Lucario
Lugia
Machamp
Magnezone
Mamoswine
Manaphy
Metagross
Mew
Mewtwo
Ninjask
Palkia
Porygonz
Rayquaza
Roserade
Rotom-c
Rotom-f
Rotom-h
Rotom-s
Rotom-w
Salamence
Scizor
Shaymin
Shaymin-s
Skarmory
Smeargle
Snorlax
Staraptor
Starmie
Suicune
Swampert
Tentacruel
Togekiss
Tyranitar
Vaporeon
Weavile
Wobbuffet
Wynaut
Yanmega
Zapdos

Ace Matador
Deep Thought
Kevin Garrett
undecided
DarkLucario
imperfectluck
panamaxis
Atticus

Good luck, everyone!

Bro on bro violence in Round 1? :(

Edit: LAME! I just realized no matter what, only one bro can make it passed Round 2 D:<

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
am deep thought abutorn zak91 DarkLucario Loki Panamaxis Atticus

Some upsets, but overall strong players will make it through more or less...

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ace Matador
Deep Thought
abutorn
LonelyNess
DarkLucario
Loki
Panamaxis
Atticus

I'm only going to make one lot of predictions throughout the finals and see how I go.

R1
6A9 Ace Matador vs Aqualouis - Have only seen Aqualouis play UU and Ace is really good in UU
Deep Thought vs xtrashine - I don't know xtrashine at all, and Deep Thought seemed very solid when I played him in Ubers
Abutorn vs Kevin Garrett - I know Abutorn is good at UU, and I don't know how solid KG is in Ubers
LonelyNess vs Zak91 - From what I've seen, Zak91 is pretty predictable and LonelyNess is the type of person that capitalises on that
DarkLucario vs _Rewer_ - I've seen DarkLucario and I haven't seen _Rewer_
imperfectluck vs Loki - Unless imperfectluck can win Ubers (and I've not seen ipl do very well in DP Ubers), I expect Loki to win
panamaxis vs Conflict - panamaxis is most likely more experienced in UU and OU, and might be able to win Ubers too
Atticus vs Lady Bug - Lady Bug might manage to pull a surprise upset, but I think Atticus has this with OU and Ubers

R2
6A9 Ace Matador vs Deep Thought - I expect Ace to win UU and probably lose one of OU and Ubers but win the other
Abutorn vs LonelyNess - LonelyNess should take UU, and I think Abutorn will take Ubers. Predicting LonelyNess to get some (not necessarily decisive) luck in OU
DarkLucario vs Loki - Loki in UU and OU
panamaxis vs Atticus - Revenge for BotW, predicting panamaxis takes UU and OU

Semis
6A9 Ace Matador vs LonelyNess - I think this will come down to UU after Ace Matador wins Ubers and loses OU, and Ace Matador will take UU
Loki vs panamaxis - I think this will come down to OU, with Loki winning Ubers and panamaxis winning UU

Finals
6A9 Ace Matador vs panamaxis - Ace Matador takes UU and panamaxis takes OU, then panamaxis gets some luck in Ubers that makes his victory easier than it might have been otherwise

Good luck everyone!

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I am in Deep Thought about Kevin Garrett in relation to his Lonelyness because I swear he is meditating bad thoughts like a DarkLucario, but lucario isn't really a god unlike Loki so its alright. In any case, most of these prediction are pretty much 'duh'.

R1
6A9 Ace Matador vs Aqualouis - UU and OU sweep
Deep Thought vs xtrashine - Deep thought in Ubers and UU
Abutorn vs Kevin Garrett - OU and Ubers
LonelyNess vs Zak91 - The tour winner because he has a secret weapon. LN takes UU and OU.
DarkLucario vs _Rewer_ - Ubers and OU prolly
imperfectluck vs Loki - UU and Ubers for the boss
panamaxis vs Conflict - UU and OU.
Atticus vs Lady Bug - Ubers and OU victories for doggy.

R2
6A9 Ace Matador vs Deep Thought - UU and Ubers most likely, don't think this will go 3.
Abutorn vs LonelyNess - Again, UU and OU victories for the eventual winner.
DarkLucario vs Loki - Loki in UU and OU to avenge last year
panamaxis vs Atticus - Atticus in OU and Ubers

Semis
6A9 Ace Matador vs LonelyNess - Provided LN listens to me, he can easily beat AM in UU, and probably OU as well.
Loki vs Atticus - Both these players suck; Loki because Atticus can't make a UU team, and I think Loki wins OU.

Finals
LonelyNess vs Loki - I will do everything in my power to prevent Loki from winning.

6A9 Ace Matador vs Aqualouis
Deep Thought vs xtrashine
Abutorn vs Kevin Garrett
LonelyNess vs Zak91
DarkLucario vs _Rewer_
imperfectluck vs Loki
panamaxis vs Conflict
Atticus vs Lady Bug

Almost all of these could go the opposite way with small amounts of luck or prediction, though. Good luck to everybody.

Abutorn vs Kevin Garrett
LonelyNess vs Zak91
DarkLucario vs _Rewer_
imperfectluck vs Loki
panamaxis vs Conflict
Atticus vs Lady Bug

Good luck to everybody!

Have a nice day

Abutorn vs Kevin Garrett
LonelyNess vs Zak91
DarkLucario vs _Rewer_
imperfectluck vs Loki
panamaxis vs Conflict
Atticus vs Lady Bug

Abutorn vs Kevin Garrett
LonelyNess vs Zak91
DarkLucario vs _Rewer_
imperfectluck vs Loki
panamaxis vs Conflict
Atticus vs Lady Bug

Abutorn vs Kevin Garrett
LonelyNess vs Zak91
DarkLucario vs _Rewer_
imperfectluck vs Loki
panamaxis vs Conflict
Atticus vs Lady Bug

Zak to win the whole thing !

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
6A9 Ace Matador vs Aqualouis - UU will be the closest, but...
OU - AM / UU - AM / Ubers - AM
Deep Thought vs xtrashine - Should come down to UU, in which Deep Thought has a slight advantage...
OU - Xtrashine / UU - Deep Thought / Uber - Deep Thought
Abutorn vs Kevin Garrett - Should come down to Ubers...
OU - KG / UU - Abutorn / Ubers - KG
LonelyNess vs Zak91 - Should come down to Ubers...
OU - Zak / UU - LN / Uber - Zak91
DarkLucario vs _Rewer_ - Rewer could win a UU or OU but I dont see it
OU - DL / UU - DL / Uber - DL
imperfectluck vs Loki - Should come down to OU... Loki is a little bigger there
OU - Loki / UU - ipl / Uber - Loki
panamaxis vs Conflict - Ubers and OU should be close... but I think pana manages to win one of them
OU - panamaxis / UU - panamaxis / Uber - Conflict
Atticus vs Lady Bug - All three matches will be close... I'm thinking it comes down to Ubers... poor Atticus
OU - Atticus / UU - Lady Bug / Uber - Lady Bug

Round 2:
Ace Matador vs Deep Thought - Ubers will be close but Deep Thought should win... but I think AM will pull through OU and UU
OU - AM / UU - AM / Uber - Deep Thought
Kevin Garrett vs Zak91 - Comes down to UU I think...
OU - KG / UU - KG / Uber - Zak
Loki vs DarkLucario - Loki wins in an extremely close match... could go either way all three games.
OU - Loki / UU - Loki / Uber - DL
panamaxis vs Lady Bug - Another close one
OU - panamaxis / UU - Lady Bug / Uber - panamaxis

Round 3:
Ace Matador vs Kevin Garrett - Kevin should take OU, but AM is very good at UU and Ubers
OU - KG / UU - AM / Uber - AM
Loki vs panamaxis - Another extremely close match for Loki.
OU - Loki / UU - panamaxis / Uber - Loki

Final:
Ace Matador vs Loki - Should be a great final... if Loki finds a way to win UU or Ubers I think he will win it.
OU - Loki / UU - Loki / Uber - AM

Congrats to everyone who made it. Enjoy your matches!

xtra and abu make me proud

and yeah this should be great.

Abutorn vs Kevin Garrett
LonelyNess vs Zak91
DarkLucario vs _Rewer_
imperfectluck vs Loki
panamaxis vs Conflict
Atticus vs Lady Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)