NU in OU? Are you Serious? An OU RMT.

After reading my RMT, will you try Magneton and Honchkrow?

• I will try both.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Only Honchkrow.

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • Only Magneton.

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • I will not try either.

Votes: 36 49.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any Changes made will be in Bold.

Hey guys! I have a brand new team and It's ready for rating. I've used it a bit and it handles itself very well. The team is kind of an odd-ball team using 1 NU pokemon, 1 UU pokemon and a BL lead, but let me tell you, it does work!

Team Building Process:

The core of the team and my first pick, obviously. If used correctly, I can get 6-0 sweeps, which I've done. Bulkiest of the Birds as well as my first NU pokemon. The set should look familiar to you, but it functions differently and is a whole lot better than it's fellow bird, Zapdos.

+

Machamp isn't my lead, which seems to be it's only real purpose. I use Machamp as a solid Physical Revenge Killer. It hits almost all types for SE and a KO or a 2HKO. It stops Mence Sweeps with ease. When you use a Champ like this, you get a real CHAMPION!!!! No joke.

+
+

You just don't see good quility anti-leads like Krow. It's sad. That's right, Krow is my LEAD! It makes a terrific lead KO'ing 1-3 Pokes usually. I'm very upset when it doesn't ever score a kill. :(

+
+
+

Krow and Cuno were weak to Steels. I needed something that could kill steels with ease. The first Pokemon that comes to mind is Zone. I've used Zone, and it is easily killed by steels it's suppose to "trap." Becuase most Scizors use LO, I decided I'd use Ton for one reason over Zone. It's fast enough to outspeed and OHKO Scizor before it OHKO's ME with Superpower. It still has that beautifual 13/17 resistances, and I think it's a better pokemon becuase of it's speed.
+
+
+
+

I had a very obvious fire weakness. I needed something that could come out on Fire Blast / Flamethrower and OHKO with the appropiate move. Heatran makes an amazing Special Revenge Killer and when paired with Champ, I don't think there's a pokemon the two can't revenge kill! Take in mind that I would have already stopped a DD Sweep.

+
+
+
+
+

If you were filling in Marriland's Team Builder as you read the Team Building Process, you would see that I had no one weak to Dragon, Ghost, and Dark. I really didn't need another pokemon weak to fire, so Rotom-w seemed like a good choice.

+
+
+
+
+

It became obvious that Cuno needed Spin support to stay in longer, as well as stealth rocks for easier kills. Donphan also makes a very nice physical wall and Mence revenge killer with Ice shard. By switching Ton to Donphan, I actually got better overall type weaknesses.

+
+
+
+
+

The worst has come. I realized that Zapdos was much more reliable at doing it's gob that Articuno was and was overall more of a pain in the ass consistently sweeping 2-4 pokemon a game if necessary. Starmie soon replaced Machamp as another Revenge Killer based on the fact that it was faster, Champ was slow and was unable to outspeed certain key threats even with Scarf, and the ability to have a 3rd counter to Mence. Starmie also outspeeds a +1 Mence in speed and OHKO's with Ice Beam. YEAH!!!!

In-Depth Analysis:

Polly want KO (Honchkrow) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 244 Atk/216 Spd/48 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Drill Peck
- Heat Wave
Look familiar? I hope not, they you expect it if we ever faced in battle! This is the old Lead Honchkrow from the StrategyDex. Why they removed it, I have no idea. It works insanely well defining the point of anti-lead and exceeding it. Honchkrow scores me 1-3 kills on average every game. Superpower for Steels, Sucker Punch for Mind-games, and Heat Wave for Skarmory which walls Krow with out it. It also allows me to not be useless after a Superpower attack drop.

How Krow fares against top leads and Synergy pairs:
Azelf: I expect the Taunt and / or SR and use BB the first turn. From their, it depends on what they used. SR = SP. Taunt = BB again.
Aerodactyl: Switch to Champ for Ice Punch 2HKO.
Swampert: Switch to Heatran for easy OHKO with explosion.
Metagross: Heat Wave.
Jirachi: Take the Trick and hit hard with Heat Wave. I actually enjoy Scarf becuase Krow makes an amazing revenge killer XD.
Infernape: Switch to Rotom for Fake Out and then Sub on the Stealth Rock. Rotom walls Nape lead so I have no problem stalling it out.
Machamp: Drill Peck
Roserade: Drill Peck
Tyranitar: Superpower FTW?
Gliscor: Switch to Articuno
Heatran: Superpower.

How Krow fairs against Smog Synergy Pairs:
Starmie and Heatran:
Sucker Punch on Starmie. Superpower on Heatran.
Machamp and Heatran:
Same strategy for Machamp. When heatran comes out, Superpower with Krow.
Roserade and Heatran:
Easiest, Heat Wave and Superpower.

To Explain the Name:
C'mon, Polly wanna cracker? I originally wanted it to be Polly wanna OHKO, but it didn't fit, so I changed it to Bird of Might, now on Zapdos, and later changed it to Polly wanna KO and now Bird of Might was open so it went to Zapdos.

After Extensive Testing:
Krow makes a good lead, getting an average of 2 kills per match. Krow has problems with leads like Metagross and Swampert. Actually, my whole team has problems with Swampert. Sucker Punch scores me the most kills overall. There was an odd incident where Drill Peck only did 78% to a Machamp. I did Damage Calc and I should be hitting about 130%. Even with MAX HP and defence, I'd be hitting 86.5% - 102.1%. So I got hacked. Changes on Krow? Maybe HP Grass >> something so I can 2HKO Pert. Seems like a smart idea and it gives me a check to Pert.

Unaccounted KO (Starmie) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, - Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
Starmie replaced Machamp becuase Champ was slow, and therefor unable to Revenge Kill certain threats to my team. Starmie also has very nice type coverage along side Heatran. Although a Special wall walls both of them, they still make great revenge killers. Starmie has one glaring advantage over Heatran, the ability to outspeed and OHKO a +1 DD Mence. It's a huge problem for this team, and all teams, if Donphan is out beforehand. Psychic >> Trick becuase I don't think stall is too much of a problem with Rotom and Zapdos.

To Explain the Name:
Unaccounted KO, the name, was actually on my older team originally on Starmie becuase it was a suprise that it OHKO'd so many pokemon. I put it on Champ becuase it was a revenge killer, and suprised people becuase of it's speed, and now it's back on it's rightful owner, Starmie.

Breath O Death (Heatran) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power (Grass)
It became obvious that Water types were a huge problem for me and this team. HP Grass may not allow me to OHKO mence, but I have Starmie and Donphan for that. HP Grass DOES allow me to effectively hit water types hard. Sure I don't hit Gyarados for all that much, but I do have Zapdos don't I? Flamethrower >> Fire Blast becuase I've missed 3 times in a row and that cost me a lose.

When paired with Starmie, they can effectively Revenge Kill basically every single pokemon in the OU metagame. No joke.

To Explain the Name:
Flamethrower comes from Heatran's mouth, correct? That's where I got his name from. Flamethrower hit's 100 base power thanks to Heatrans STAB and fired off from his monstorous Special Attack stat, it really is a Breath Of Death.

After Extensive Testing:
Heatran scores me several Revenge kills. Any changes? I think I'll go back to HP (grass) and Dragon Pulse only beacause waters are such a problem for me. Done!

Tusks O Ivory (Donphan) (F) @ Leftovers
Abiliy: Sturdy
EVs: 52 HP, 252 Atk, 204 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rocks
- Ice Shard
- Assurance
Articuno needed a rapid spinner to get rid of Stealth Rocks that pummel Articuno on the switch. Donphan also allows me to throw down my own Stealth Rocks. Ice shard is for, unlikely but it could happen, a fully set-up Mence. While Assurance is to hit Spin Blockers. It's different from the usual set, but why use EQ for hitting spiritomb when I can just hit it hard with Assurance?

To Explain the Name:
Donphan looks like an elephant to me. Donphan also compares defensively to an elephant. Elephants are hard to take down becuase of their natural bulk, high HP and Def in donphans case. Elephants tusks are made of ivory correct?

After Extensive Testing:
It seems I rely on Donphan more than I let on. His ability to wall physical threats is almost unmatched. He really does check problematic dragons such as Nite and Mence with Ice Shard. There have been a few situations where I would have liked EQ >> something, but overall Assurance helped me the most. Any changes? None. Without Stealth Rock, Rotom cannot OHKO Gengar. Besides, SR helps Zapdos a lot too.

LG Of Silence (Rotom-w) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 70 Def, 188 Spe
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
Sub + Pain Split Rotom defines pain in the ass. No, serious. Look it up in the dictionary. It's okay, I'll wait. *5 minutes later...* Did you see it! I know that's what I said! Serious though. It is a pain to beat. Comes out on something it can scare off and Subs on the switch. Gengars try to make a nice counter, but as soon as I send out my Rotom, I sub and then fire off a Shadow Ball. Shadow Ball V Gengar is 96.6% - 113.4%. I do like those odds. Basically, the only way I DON'T OHKO, is if I don't have SR on the field.

To Explain the Name:
Probably my most creative name for anyone who knows anything about washing machines. LG is a washing machine company and well, Rotom-w is a washing machine. Silence becuase LG's are also so quiet, you can almost say their silent.

After Extensive Testing:
Rotom still, and probably always will, be a total loser for the enemy team. Sub + Pain Split should be it's most common set. I'm probably going to switch Shadow Ball >> Thunderbolt only becuase Gengar is a problem for me and I get walled by Swampert with no moves to hit it. Rotom doesn't score to many kills, only becuase it's suppose to be a semi-stall pokemon. Any changes? Shadow Ball >> Thunderbolt for my Gengar and Swampert problems. Done! I don't wanna hear complaining either. Gengar is a problem for me and Rotom is my only real check.

Bird of Might (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP, 40 SpA, 216 Spe
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
Zapdos replaced Cuno, :( I know, and does Cuno's just with consistency, something Articuno lacked. Although Cuno had more physical and special defence, Dos is much more effective and seems to stay out longer and dish out more damage and net me more kills becuase of it being faster, the main reason I'm guessing, and it being a lot stronger.

To Explain the Name:
Bird of Might was originally on Honchkrow on my older team when Polly wanna OHKO didn't fit. Once I realized that Polly wanna KO worked and still sounded cool and had the same point attatched, I changed it and then Bird of Might was open. Zapdos really does fill this bill perfect with it's average 100 base speed as well as 125 base SpA.

After Extensive Testing:
Zapdos does Cuno's job more consistently. It can stay out longer for reasons I just cannot explain and beat more pokemon becuase of it's higher SpA and Spe. While it is still beaten out by certain annoying threats, with only T-Bolt for an attack, Pokemon like Swampert and TTar a pain to beat, but still easily walled and beat with Toxic. Any Changes? I would like to work in HP (Fighting) to handle my problem with Steels and TTar as well as allowing me to hit Swampert. The only way this'll ever happen if I can manage to fit in if I can work in Tentacruel AND Donphan. Donphan allows Rotom to always OHKO Gengar.

Problems for this team:
Breloom is still a pain, but if I use Krow correctly, it can easily be beaten unless it has Stone Edge. Drill Peck breaks it's sub and OHKO's too.
Bulky waters still bother me and are a threat, but becuase I've reworked my team, their less of a problem, yet still need to be taken out with caution.

I'm glad you stuck through the massive glob of this RMT and any and all help is appreciated!

Of course, ask me before using this team. If I see anyone using the EXACT same team, which is impossible becuase it's so odd, I will report you for stealing my team.

Once again thank you for reading and all help is greaty appreciated! Thank you in advance.

I REALLY like your team, and your strategies for each member, but this is my suggestion, just a suggestion. If that lead Machamp does NOT get KOed by Fire Blast, it will destroy your whole team, so, my advice is to replace Pursuit (because it's only used twice) with Brave Bird, it can OHKO Machamp and your problem, if you don't feel like using it, that's OK, I'm a novice. (aka. noob) So as explained before, you don't have to use it.

Keep in mind that "Revenge Killed" means Machamp or Heatran, or both. Where I Put Revenge Killed, meaning I hit them SE, not just I can OHKO.

Azelf: Krow and Rotom
Breloom: Easily revenge killed. Cuno and Krow.
Celebi: Everything hits it for SE.
Dugtrio: Krow, Cuno, Revenge killed
Electrivire: Uncommon but easily Revenge Killed.
Empoleon: Revenge Killed as well as scared off by Rotom.
Flygon: Cuno and revenge killed
Gengar: Rotom and Revenge Killed
Gliscor: Cuno and Revenge Killed
Gyarados: Scared off by Rotom. Revenge killed.
Heatran: Scared off by Rotom. Revenge killed.
Heracross: Revenge Killed
Infernape: Krow.
Kingdra: Scared off by Rotom. Cuno, Revenge Killed
Lucario: Revenge killed
Machamp: Krow.
Magnezone: Revenge Killed
Mamoswine: Krow, revenge killed
Metagross: Krow, revenge killed
Ninjask: Why does this thing ever show up? IT'S A BATON PASSER! oh well. Revenge killed, Cuno, Krow
Porygon-Z: Revenge killed, scared off by rotom.
Rhyperior: rotom can scare off. Krow, Cuno, revenge killed
Roserade: Cuno, krow, revenge killed
Rotom-a: Donphan
Salamence: Cuno, revenge killed
Scizor: revenge killed
Snorlax: Krow, revenge killed
Starmie: Revenge killed, Cuno wins in long run. Krow
Suicune: Revenge killed, rotom scares
Togekiss: Revenge killed, Cuno. Rotom Scares
Tyranitar: Cuno, revenge killed, krow
Weavile: Revenge killed
Yanmega: Revenge killed, Krow, Cuno
Zapdos: Donphan takes T-bolt and drill peck with ease

In case you were wondering, Cuno means Articuno. Ton means Magneton. Krow means Honchkrow. Rotom obviously referes to my Rotom-w.

There is probably a lot of threats I didn't bother going in detail with figuaring out which move hits SE with my Revenge killers, I only went for obvious ones. Let's assume it's ALL OF THEM.

Acutally, i think most Machamp's will get scared off by krow, expecting I have Brave Bird. But i like Pursuit becuase it's for mind games and it was the suggested set for the old Krow Lead. But thanks! If I have trouble with Champ, I will take your suggestion.

Honchkrow is by far my favorite Pokemon ever, so kudos to you for using it. I do agree with Albino, though. Pursuit against leads is almost pointless. Their purpose is not to switch, and Azelf is definitely a suicide lead, and expects to explode. Brave Bird does 2HKO Azelf, and definitely puts it in the range for Sucker Punch. You will not be able to stop it from putting down Stealth Rock, but you didn't seem able to stop it before. If it uses Taunt and you use BB, then don't use Sucker Punch. If it uses Stealth Rock first, then Sucker Punch for the KO because you know it will use Explosion.

@ Muffin - Ight, I'll drop Pursut for BB

@ Towelie - How can a Mence set up on me if as soon as it comes out I switch to Champ? Bam! OHKO w/ ice punch. I'd be mental if I LET it set up on me. What do you mean my machamp needs some work? It's perfect and always gets me 1 KO.

@ Albinoloon - Looks like you proved yourself to be less of a noob. I'm switching Pursuit to Brave Bird. Thanks!

Props for using Magneton, but it is completely dead weight after killing Scizor (on less than 30% of teams). Use a Scarf Magnezone, who can DO something after killing Scizor, like exploding and hurting something, or tbolting bulky waters, or flash cannon-ing ttar, while Magneton is lolarious against them.

Another thing. Magneton/Zone are almost unnecessary. Heatran may not trap steels, but it can kill all of them, unlike Magnezone, who dies to Lucario (who can kill Articuno) and Heatran (who, as you may know, can kill Articuno). Magneton is even worse.

Machamp takes a shitload from Mixmence Draco Meteor. They will predict your incredibly obvious Ice Punch and switch to a bulky water, who will set up. A crocune will sweep your team without a water resist.

Speaking of Machamp, I have a suggestion. Keep reading. Heatran counters Scizor/Forry/Skarm better than Machamp. Stone Edge over Fire Punch on Machamp kills Zapdos and Togekiss, who mess this team up quite a bit (Kiss Plots and Flinches stuff, what with no Tbolt on Rotom, Zapdos kills everything with Electric/Fire coverage)

Anyway, removing whatever steel killer you decided to remove after reading that second paragraph gives you room for a spinner. Articuno is shit on by stealth rock, roost or no roost. Tentacruel gives you spinning and toxic spikes, which Articuno LOVES, letting it Sub up while the majority of pokemon are already poisoned. It provides a CRUCIAL water resist as well.

I dislike the fact you have NO RAPID SPINNER. Articuno is going to need a spinner for it to work.

I also dislike those two scarfers, especially Machamp. It makes your team extremely stall weak, and if they get 3 layers of spikes + SR, they just go lol over your entire team.

I'm in a rush so that's all.

I dislike the fact you have NO RAPID SPINNER. Articuno is going to need a spinner for it to work.

I also dislike those two scarfers, especially Machamp. It makes your team extremely stall weak, and if they get 3 layers of spikes + SR, they just go lol over your entire team.

I'm in a rush so that's all.
Actually, Sub-Pain Split Rotom fucks with stall.

Also,
Azelf: I expect the Taunt and / or SR and use BB the first turn. From their, it depends on what they used. SR = SP. Taunt = BB again. Who the hell Taunts a Honchkrow?
Aerodactyl: Switch to Champ for Ice Punch 2HKO. I think Superpower+Sucker Punch KOes
Swampert: Superpower on the Stealth Rock and then Sucker Punch on the Ice Beam / Ice Punch or whatever. Should score me 2HKO.
Metagross: Heat Wave.
Jirachi: Take the Trick and hit hard with Heat Wave. I actually enjoy Scarf becuase Krow makes an amazing revenge killer XD.
Infernape: Switch to Rotom for Fake Out and then Sub on the Stealth Rock. Rotom walls Nape lead so I have no problem stalling it out.
Machamp: BB.
Roserade: Take the Sleep Powder, I have Insomnia, and OHKO with Heat Wave.
Tyranitar: Superpower FTW?
Gliscor: Heat Wave and then Sucker Punch.
Heatran: Superpower.

@ Dark - I'll see what happens if I swap Ton for Cruel. If it messes up type coverage, I'll just scarf it.

The point of fast scarf uses is to stop pokemon from sweeping me. If you think Sending Champ on Mence is problem, I can predict and easily just go for blind T-Punch. lol.

If i do use Cruel, I can swap Toxic on Cuno for like HP Fire to hit Steels that try to kill cuno. Sort of bluff, but this is an odd team.

@ bloody - If switching Ton to cruel messes with type defenses, I will get a rapid spinner and Toxic Spikes.

Champ is scarfed to act as a revenge killer, and it works very very well.

@ dark - Yes it does!

I did type analysis. switching ton to cruel leaves me jolteon weak, a whole lot. looks like Ton is getting scarfed!

Oh yeah, I forgot about it. Sorry mate. But I still recommend a rapid spinner. I'd also recommend T-Bolt > Ball on Rotom (Someone said that I think). But too much PHazing and that rotom can be outstalled by Blissey etc.
Oh and don't forget he lacks entry hazards, which he needs, any team needs hazards.

@Above
Tentacruel sucks lol. I can recommend Specially Defensive Forretress. Wish Stealth Rock > Toxic Spikes, but Toxic Spikes works well with sub on Articuno/Rotom.

I explained why I used Shadow Ball. Shadow ball hits a lot of types neutral. Besides, the only way I'd get a clean hit w/ t-bolt, is if they switch in a water or a flyer.

Well you DO need a Rapid Spinner, and if you're Jolteon weak without Ton, how about someone like Sandslash? He's immune to Thunderbolt, and can also Spin. Just a suggestion, I don't really see Magneton being that crucial to the team, Scizor doesn't seem like that big of a deal if you play it correctly.

Have you actually used this team/ looked at the current metagame?

Azelf: Pursuit in case they switch. If they used Taunt, Pursuit again, if they used Stealth Rock, Sucker Punch. Fine
Aerodactyl: Switch to Champ for Ice Punch 2HKO. He'll just rock on your switch and switch out
Swampert: Superpower on the Stealth Rock and then Sucker Punch on the Ice Beam / Ice Punch or whatever. Should score me 2HKO. Not even close, 244 Naive Focus Sash Honchkrow Superpower vs. 252/252 Relaxed Leftovers Swampert : 24.5% - 29%
Metagross: Heat Wave. 48 Naive Focus Sash Honchkrow Heat Wave vs. 252/0 Adamant Lum Berry Metagross : 47.3% - 56% You don't stop his rocks and might not even 2HKO, Occa Gross is even worse
Jirachi: Take the Trick and hit hard with Heat Wave. I actually enjoy Scarf becuase Krow makes an amazing revenge killer XD. Fine, but if they use Iron Head you're boned.
Infernape: Switch to Rotom for Fake Out and then Sub on the Stealth Rock. Rotom walls Nape lead so I have no problem stalling it out. 252 Naive Focus Sash Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252/0 Bold Leftovers Rotom-W : 52.3% - 61.5% That is not walling
Machamp: Here's where I have the most difficulty. Switch to Rotom to take DynamicPunch and then I switch to Heatran on the Payback and pray I OHKO with Fire Blast.252 Naive Choice Scarf Heatran Fire Blast vs. 220/16 Adamant Lum Berry Machamp : 58.5% - 69.4%
Roserade: Take the Sleep Powder, I have Insomnia, and OHKO with Heat Wave. Unless you're playing a new player your opponent will know that Krow has Insomnia, and will proceed to set up 2 layers of toxic spikes or KO you with either HP Ice x 2 or HP Fire then Leaf Storm.
Tyranitar: Superpower FTW? Fine
Gliscor: Superpower and then Sucker Punch. 242 Naive Life Orb Honchkrow Superpower vs. 252/40 Jolly Leftovers Gliscor : 18.4% - 21.8%
Heatran: Superpower. Fine

Also, you said that most Scizor use life orb, well :
Scizor | Item | Choice Band | 58.0

I'll rate when I have more time

Don't fuck with Tentacruel. LO Jolt dies to Earth Power from Heatran, who lives a Tbolt, and Machamp, who lives Tbolts. It dies to Sucker Punch. It dies to Explosion (seriously use it. Tri Attack what the fuck) If it uses HP Grass, every attack is resisted by Magneton.

252 spa Timid LO Jolt Tbolt vs standard Tspiker Tentacruel-68.1% - 80.8%

Tspiker Tentacruel Hydro Pump vs 0 hp 0 spd Jolt-100%

Tenta laughs at your pathetic Jolteons.

Also, use Scarf Magnezone, now that outspeeding Scizor is not a problem.

Also, butterfingers did much better than I did at your lead strategy stuff. Maybe Honchy ISN'T a good anti-lead after all T.T

@ Solstice - I think I'll then be water weak, but i'll check.

@ butter - You haven't used Krow as a lead. I have. I've gone up against all of those leads and more. Krow beats all of them and then usually beats 1 or 2 of their next pokemon. I know what I'm doing from experience. I appericate you trying to help, if i can call it that. You just bashed me. I bashed you, but I have experience to back my claim.

@ dark - Ight, I'll test cruel. Donphan is always an option.

Curious on how did butter have a better lead strategy than me? he didn't help me at ALL. he basically said "Krow blows has a lead." But has he used it? No.

If i swap Ton for Donphan, I still keep a nice coverage. I'm thinking of that. Donphan can spin and lay rocks.

@Darkamber8828: Machamp lives through one LO Thunderbolt, but is outsped and killed by the second. Also, if you're switching Heatran in on a Jolteon the other player will most likely realize it's Scarfed (since Scarftran is relatively common) and switch out. That same Heatran is KOed by another Thunderbolt the next time it comes in.

A few things. First, don't Scarf Magneton. You're using it for its speed over Magnezone without a Scarf, so it's kind of pointless to run Scarf on it. Magnezone with a Scarf is faster than everything it needs to be, so there's no point in using Scarf Magneton unless you're deathly afraid of scarf Scizor or something. (This post has taken a long time and people have posted to suggest Donphan over Magneton. That's a decent thing to try out, since you need a spinner anyway).

On lead Honchkrow, it's probably better to run Drill Peck over Brave Bird because the recoil from BB will break your sash, or will kill you after something else activates your sash. In addition, you have a massive weakness to Bulky DD Gyarados with Taunt. It sets up on certain moves on your Machamp and Heatran (Fire Punch / Ice Punch and pretty much everything, respectively), as well as Rotom-W and even Articuno if it predicts your move (Taunt on Toxic and DD on Ice Beam). It then outspeeds everything (yes, including both Machamp and Heatran) and can very easily 6-0 you. You say Rotom scares it away, which is true until they scout your set and find you don't have Thunderbolt. This holds true for similar threats such as the aforementioned CM Suicune, DDmence after Heatran is removed, etc.

Scarf Machamp is too slow. It's that simple. With Jolly and a Scarf, it doesn't even outspeed Infernape. However, you said that you won't accept any complaints about it, so I'll just say to try Stone Edge over Thunderpunch for better coverage overall (still OHKOes Gyarados if for some reason it doesn't DD on you). Your Scarf Heatran also needs some work. You say that Explosion is too situational, but at the same time you're running HP Grass on the set. If that's not an example of a situational move (for Swampert only) then I don't know what is. Run Explosion over HP Grass, it covers many threats instead of just Swampert.

I understand you're trying to be original. However, this team has too many weaknesses to function well at a higher level of play in OU. I'm not really good enough of a rater to suggest changes that would require a complete overhaul of this team (as would be necessary to make it more competitively viable), so all I can do mention this: it might help if you listened to what people suggested other than those who just say "yeaaah honchkrow is awesome so of course there's no problem with your team!" The points butterfinger brought up were very valid, so you might want to take a second look at those. I ask that you take these suggestions into consideration before you tell me you don't like any of them.

@ wanderer - Drill Peck sounds fine to me.

Champ is fast enough to get it's job done and that's all that I can ask for.

SE sounds like a fine idea. I'll give it a go.

If i'm locked into Ice punch and gyara comes out, I can always switch... Problem solved

The only reason I like HP grass on Tran is becuase Machamp is walled by Pert.

I'm so blunt about Krow is becuase I've used it in battle on different teams and it kicks major ass. To fully understand Krow, you need to use it first, and then complain. As I've said, I can kill 1-3 pokemon with just krow.

Also, Assurance does not kill Jolteon. HP Grass/Ice does.

Curious on how did butter have a better lead strategy than me? he didn't help me at ALL. he basically said "Krow blows has a lead." But has he used it? No.
However, what he "basically" said was backed up by evidence, as in, with a damage calculator. If you don't believe him, try it yourself here: http://www.smogon.com/calc/ Also, some of this stuff isn't just numbers, like Roserade. I don't think it's senseless bashing. He is rating your team because he wants it to have the highest levels of success. Those numbers show that Honchkrow does not fare well against many leads, nor does it lay down/stop stealth rock, grounds to mark an anti-lead as inefficient.

...Although I doubt anyone will switch Aerodactyl out. Stealth Rock, EQ Machamp, die, more like.

Doin' it now.
Honchkrow
Superpower vs Lead Swampert: 24.3% - 28.7%
-1 Sucker Punch vs Lead Swampert: 16.3% - 19.3%
Heat Wave vs Lum Lead Metagross: 47.3% - 56%
Heat Wave vs Occa Lead Metagross: 23.6% - 28%
Heat Wave vs Lead Gliscor: 28.2% - 33.3%
Superpower vs Lead Gliscor: 14.4% - 16.9%
-1 Sucker Punch vs Lead Gliscor: 18.9% - 22.9%

If i'm locked into Ice punch and gyara comes out, I can always switch... Problem solved
That's the main problem. If you switch, what are you going to switch into a +1 attack/+1 speed Gyarados, assuming it DDs on the switch? You have absolutely nothing that can take a Gyarados after it sets up (Taunt will make Will-o-Wisp from Rotom useless). Threatening it with Rotom will only work once, if that (it's always possible they'll scout your Rotom out beforehand). My suggestion is to replace Shadow Ball with Thunderbolt. You might not see immediate results, but not instantly losing to that Gyarados gives some peace of mind.

23 comments and rapidly raising in... almost 3 hours.... dang! thanks for the feedback!

@ Wanderer - Ight. S Ball << T-bolt. Now that you've but an example, I understand that that's the better choice. Thanks

Gliscor: Superpower and then Sucker Punch.
Lol, maybe you should start listening to some people's advice

+1 Salamence Outrage vs Machamp= 96%-114% Machamp doesnt outspeed
+1 Salamence Dragon Claw=64%-76%

Stopping Salamence in its tracks?
I dont think so
If it has Outrage, I suggest giving Heatran HP Ice and Explosion, the only use for Dragon Pulse is to hit dragons, and Explosion for Swampert, so give Heatran:
~Fire Blast
~Earth Power
~Hidden Power Ice
~Explosion

But if it is a 2HKO against Machamp, and kills you with Outrage, if it does get 'fatigued' after 2 turns, it can switch out, and your only counter to Salamence is gone. And dont say Arcticuno is one

Salamence (Fire Blast) vs Arcticuno= 80-95%
If you switch in yo will normally take an Outrage
which does: 67.4% minimum anyway

You really need to open your eyes and take some people's advice. Otherwise you will get nowhere

Just a thought, Honchkrow has a lot more potential when not leading and Machamp would be more effective as a sub lead or lum lead rather than Choice Scarf. So I think switch around Machamp and Honchkrow to make both more effective. If you run Honchkrow out of the lead position, run Pursuit.

@ wanderer - Now that someone has given me an example to help me understand why T-bolt >> S Ball, I finally understand T-bolt is better. Thanks!

@ Sy - Becuase I'm using Donphan, I can now efficently beat Mence after it's set up w/ ice shard. Mence is checked and is no longer a problem. I only had Champ has a check becuase I didn't have Donphan. I'm updating this like every 5 minutes! I also have HP Ice on Heatran, I took your suggestion, so I have mence covered twice. Gliscor is checked by Donphan and Heatran too.

@ Doctor - I've used Champ lead as well, and I've had better experience with Krow lead than Champ lead.

After type Calc, I'm switching HP grass on Heatran to HP Ice. It allows me to OHKO mence. I am also changing Dragon Pulse to Explosion... I don't want to but I guess...

Props for using Honchkrow, I've been wanting to make a team with it but I never got around to it.

Now onto the advice,
A combination of RestTalking Swampert and Dragon Dance Salamence could give your team a lot of trouble. The only thing RestTalking Swamperts would need to fear from your team is Heatran's HP Grass, though you could deal with it through Pressure stalling with Articuno. If you go to Heatran for HP Grass, that is just asking to be set-up bait for Salamence, who can out-speed and OHKO your entire team after a single Dragon Dance. I would recommend going with a scarfed Starmie instead of Machamp (who can't even out-speed max speed Infernape). Starmie will allow you to revenge +1 Salamence with Ice Beam, and can also deal with Swampert with Grass Knot or Trick. Another option over Starmie is a scarfed Infernape which can deal with Swampert and Salamence with Grass Knot and HP Ice, and can give you the ability to revenge more specially defensive Pokemon, like Tyranitar, with Close Combat (or U-Turn if they at low enough health).

I also think that with two Choice Item users, Articuno and Honchkrow you could really use Rapid Spin support. Forretress could be used since it can also set up Stealth Rock which will take 25% off of Salamence and Gyarados every time they switch in. Forretress can also come in on an Outrage locked Salamence and Explode in it's face, or you can carry Rock Slide for some nice damage against Salamence and Gyarados without sacrificing Forretress.

Hope this helped, good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)