Not open for further replies.
Electivire@Life orb
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly/Adamant nature
-Thunder Punch
-Cross chop / Earthquake
-Ice punch/Taunt
-Quick atack

Trying to get this pokemon out of the shadows i come up with is set, wich is capable of KOing many of the common leads. With thunder punch as stab it can hit down to his focus sash azelf and then hit with quick attack for a 2HKO, Earthquake is useful against tyranitar, heatran and metagross leads, cross chop is posted has a option because many heatran are using shuca berry meaning earthquake will not 1HKO , cross chop has a stronger punch against tyranitar but has a weaker one against metagross, also it hits mamoswine leads . Ice punch is for Roserade and Gliscor leads altought is very risky to try to win the speed tie and when facing roserade is better to switch out, so taunt is posted as an option against slower leads like swampert, skarmory and forretress to prevent them for setting up entry hazards, so if you dont care about trying to beat gliscor and got other pokemon in your team that can take care of it adamant is a prefered nature due to the extra attack power.Quick attack is for hitting faster but fragile leads, like azelf, infernape and weavile, but is better to thunderpunch them first because quick attack merely 2HKO

Hope you like it

This is horribly outclassed by Attacking Lead Machamp, who gets all of the same KOs, beats defensive Pokemon like Swampert and Hippowdon 50% of the time with Confusion that Electivire cannot, beats sleep leads in Roserade/Smeargle because of Lum Berry, is harder to KO in return, has better accuracy (and therefore much greater reliability), and has a better defensive typing for switching in on threats later on in the match.

Furthermore, this should be posted in QC, not OU.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunately this Electivire loses to a large proportion of the common leads. It's frailty leads to it being easily KOed, and on most occasions it cannot prevent hazards from being set up. I shall compile a short list of common leads to show how Electivire fares.

Azelf - you can 2HKO with Thunderpunch and Quick attack and it gets SR up. However, unfortunately you struggle against any bulkier versions, includind DS Azelf who sets everything up against you

Machamp - you cannot come close to KOing, and Dynamicpunch often KOes after Life orb recoil. Lose.

Aerodactyl - EQ - you lose

Metagross - same as Aero, but it also walls you.

Swampert - it has EQ and you are walled to no end.

Jirachi - it will probably flinch you to death with Iron head before you can KO.

Infernape - Fake out + Fire Blast comes close to KOing, so you will likely faint after LO recoil.

Roserade - puts you to sleep.

Heatran - neither CC or EQ OHKOes, but I suppose you can force it out.

Hippowdon - you lose
In conclusion, for fail to even KO most of the leads in a 1 to 1 contest, let alone prevent Stealth Rock from them, or support the team in any useful way.

Edit - beaten, but I hope you get the idea.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well uh, I moved the topic. And once again I can't reject sets. R_D summed up my thoughts.

*Insert QC Rejection Stamp here*

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Um, yeah. JC pretty much summed up my thoughts and the Electivire set. If I were part of the QC group, I would post the "no".

If this set is really worth considering for Smogon analyses, you have to explain why it deserves a set on Smogon, and how much it achieves its goals in the background. Also, the analysis is not in proper QC format, so go fix that if you really want this on site.

This lead, particularly, doesn't prevent any significant lead from setting up Stealth Rock. Aero sets up Stealth Rock and achieves it goal, as well as the other leads. As for Anti-leads, As far as I'm concerned, Jirachi sets up its own rocks, and Machamp just uses Dynamic Punch for an easy 2HKO. Yes, I would post more about leads and stuff, but all in all, the lead's bad. Overall.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Read my Lead article. :P

This set is not at all useful against pretty much any lead in OU, sorry. :( Like, I can't think of more than two it "beats".

If I was qc it would be a no. It works worse than machamp or hariyama, and won't really stop any sr. It doesn't really win against any leads.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know where to start. To be brief, the lead that you have proposed in the OP of this topic loses to a wide majority of common leads in OU, doesn't really stop much things from setting up a hazard, and furthermore, it does not have its own method to set up SR, for instance.

I'm sorry, this is just not viable. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)