Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd that there is no thread on this. There are many like it, but I intend for this to be like a database for these movesets.

Many claim that creativity is dead. But this is just plain wrong. I guarantee that at least one pokemon on every team has some sort of creative aspect to it. This is a place to disprove the death of creativity. Post any creative sets here. But there are a few rules.

1. Don't post something if it is simply just underated, but not particularly creative. I don't care how underated you claim Butterfly Dance Venomoth is, it's not particularly creative. I understand that it is underated, but this is for custom sets that can't be found elsewhere.
  2. Make it good. Sometimes people post creative movesets that just plain aren't good. Remember, a creative moveset doesn't have to be on a bad pokemon or with a bad move. So don't post your physical Alakazam here saying "but what about the suprise factor?"
  3. Creative =/= Gimmick. Not every set here has to be a gimmick, and to be honest, Gimmicks aren't really too good or useful. All we want are just creative movesets that will break away from the standards, but will still be usable.
  4. If you are going to post here, you have to contribute something useful. Don't just say "lolz specs machamp sux". Put some substance into your post. In fact, most post should either be sets or comments on sets.
  5. Please post complete sets. If you say "I like Amnesia Zuruzukin", please include a spread, item, moveset, and comments.
  6. YOU MUST COMMENT ON THE SET ABOVE YOU. If there isn't a set above you, look back to the last set posted. This may seem annoying at first, but it is to be sure that there aren't just sets flooding in, and that we can get comments on our sets. If you post something and notice that something has been added while you were typing, you aren't going to be forced to edit your post, but it would be nice.
  7. The best sets, that are truly creative and useful and have gotten good comments, will be edited into the OP.
SOME FAVORITES:

Crobat @ White Herb
Inner Focus/Slip Through
Jolly/Adamant Nature
252 Attack / 148 Speed / 108 HP
-Curse
-Acrobat
-Cross Poison / Super Fang / Steel Wing
-Roost / Super Fang / Taunt

The idea is to use Curse and use your White Herb, so you'll be at +1 Attack and Defense while having a boosted Acrobat at the same time. Steel Wing when you can't hit something with Acrobat, or you can use Cross Poison for STAB, although it doesn't hit anything worthwhile really. You can also use Super Fang to hit anything resisting Flying. Roost lets you stick around, and Taunt can be useful after the White Herb is used up.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Mischievious Heart
EV's: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Nature: Bold
Moveset:
--Torment
--Protect
--Recover
--Toxic / Taunt
Torment just got real. Try Tormentran, but with priority on everything and with a recovery move. You can alternate between healing and protect (heal on the weaker move). Taunt is a third option to make sure that the opponent can't set up on you, and it really shuts down mono-attackers. Honstely, this thing would make the opponent cry

Gengar @ Leftovers
252 spA/252 spd/4 def
Timid Nature
--Shadow Ball
--Focus Blast
--Substitute
--Disable

This looks like a spin off of sub split gengar, but the application is enormous. Gengar's typing is excellent for something such as this and it really allows him to open new options for you. You sub up after switching in your gengar or against an opponent you think may have an SE attack. Then you disable it. With 350 speed, you'll outspeed most slower threats. Things like Machamp and Conckledurr only carry payback for ghosts, and as they are slower than you, it's an easy disable. Other ghosts who are much slower than gengar will also fall for the same tricks. Disable also hinders walls such as Blissey, Mandibuzz/Barujina, etc. This even annoys pokemon like rankurusu, who usually only carry psychic and fighting attacks.

Garchomp @ Brightpowder
Sand veil
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
--Dragon Tail
--Roar / Swords Dance
--Rest
--Sleep Talk
This may at first look like crap, but trust me it is the most effective set. I use it on a sand semi stall team with entry hazard support. As sleep talk is neutral priority you have a 2 in 3 chance of your opponent not being able to move (priority moves and faster pokes aside). This set really wears most teams down, acts as a status absorber, and a phazer. it really works well is always a surprise, everyone thinks I'm a noob using a silly set until they realize whats going on. Also you get the evasion hax of sand veil and brightpowder. Between the evasion hax and the speedy phazing, it's going to be quite hard to hit Garchomp. Swords Dance is there to power up the Dragon Tails, but it should be noted that there is only a 1/3 chance to select Dragon Tail as supposed to the 2/3 chance with Roar.
The new Jirachi sets with Doom Desire work wonders.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Modest
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
--Doom Desire
--Wish
--Protect
--U-Turn

U-Turn supports both Doom Desire and Wish by scouting switches and passing Wishes. U-Turn lets you see what they send in to take the Doom Desire, like a Blissey, and you can send in Roopushin for example. Either they take the DD and your Drain Punch or switch to something else that can't take both. Creates big offensive pressure and allows you to keep momentum. Protect makes it easier to heal yourself, which isn't hard with 404 HP and great typing.
Rain King

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Encourage
Nature: Modest
EV: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Earth Power
- Thunder
- Ice Beam / Fire Blast
- Surf

Nidoking is incredibly powerful with LO and Encourage and can be abused in the rain. Thunder not only gets perfect accuracy, but is also boosted by Encourage. Although Surf isn't boosted by Encourage, it gets a strong boost from the Rain. This thing can also take out common rain counters like Nattorei with its Encourage boosted Fire Blast. Although the rain may weaken it, it is still powerful enough to deal a ton of damage to Nattorei. Ice Beam is nice for taking out pokemon like Hippowdon. Can also work well in the sun with Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Earth Power/Thunderbolt.
This is a playtested and incredibly destructive set I've been playing on my rain team:

Toxicroak @ Leftovers
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
244 HP, 8 Att, 4 Def, 252 Sp. Def
~Substitute
~Bulk Up
~Drain Punch
~Payback

All I can say is HOLY CRAP! This set is well beyond the reaches of beastly, it becomes a word of it's own pwnzonic....awesome new terms aside this set has worked well beyond my expectations on my rain team, while it may lack in raw stats, it's great resists and few weaknesses have made it shine as the star of my team. it recovers roughly 19% of it's HP between Dry skin and Lefties each turn, combined with bulk up and increasingly difficult to break subs, not even beginning to mention the recovery properties of drain punch, this poke can really dominate a match. It's only troubles remain ground types, sub helps here, it allows him to get a free hit on a ground type before he skedaddles off to a water pokemon. As you can guess the things he's weak to are incredibly vulnerable to the rest of the team, and pokemon like nattorei and burungeru seek to become his bitch time after time. Sub blocks status and allows me to set up on numerous special attackers, bulk up makes his meh attack and defense eventually reach awesome levels (which is not that hard to do). Drain punch is stab and gains crucial health back before and after set up. Payback is for coverage and only a few things resist the combonation Fighting Dark. The Ev's aren't super specific, but definately serve their purpose. 244 HP provides a leftovers number, 8 attack makes his attack 250, and even thousand at plus six, 4 defense because +1 with this spread puts it at 250, not too shabby. 252 Sp. Def. reaches 251 SP. Def. This makes his subs rather hard to break for a plethora of special attackers, and allows him to set up on plenty of things. Definately a set I'd recommend to anyone running rain, causes a lot of ragequits.
Already posted this in the bulky boosters thread, but some more feedback would be nice. Would a Barujina set be worth playing? Due to its insane bulk it can set up on almost anything.

Barujina @ Leftovers
Overcoat
Modest
252 HP/252 Sp Atk/4 Def
-Taunt/Roost
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse/Air Slash
-HP Fighting/HP Ground

Basically, go for the STAB of your choice plus its corresponding Hidden Power. Evs and moveset might need a bit of work. TBH, I still think Barujina is one of the best defensive pokemon, but her offensive movepool is pretty lacking. But she has the bulk to set up multiple times, making it quite easy for her to tank through teams at +6.

Sturdymence (Salamence) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 232 HP / 84 Def / 176 SAtk / 16 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Tail / Hydro Pump
- Roost

Had monstrous success with this thing. It really is sturdymence. Mence doesn't need too much speed this gen, just enough for Loom. Dragon Tail is a strong phazing move that works well with hazard support. Hydro Pump also works well, as it can nail a lot of pokemon who think that they can counter Salamence, like Hippowdon and Balloon Heatran. Roost is for recovery, which Salamence will need. This set is an excellent counter to Breloom and the Firemoth, as well as pretty much every fighting pokemon (save Terakon and CM Virizion). Draco Meteor as immense power, 2HKOing Burungeru with Stealth Rock and OHKOing Roobushin most of the time (who you don't give a fuck about).
Subsplit Starmie

Starmie @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
Timid
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
--Substitute
--Pain Split
--Thunderbolt / Hydro Pump
--Ice Beam / coverage move
I searched all over the internet for this set, and nobody had thought of it. It emulates gengars subsplit set with higher speed and a different set of resistances. Natural cure is great, obviously, and the last slot can be customized for whatever you want your star to do. Starmie has BoltBeam coverage, although neither has STAB. So instead, you can opt for Hydro Pump and any coverage move or any move that takes out a specific pokemon, like HP Fire for Scizor.
@ Black Sludge
EV's: 252 HP, 56 Attack, 200 Sp.Def
Nature: Careful
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Earthquake
Dragon Tail
Toxic Spikes
Stealth Rock

This Nidoqueen plays pretty much as a defensive lead, setting up hazards then shuffling the opponents team via Dragon Tail. Earthquake is mainly chosen to KO a fair number of the pokemon that absorb my toxic spikes. The EV's allow me to take some rather strong Special Attacks (Specs Latios usually does 80%-88% with Draco Meteor, one of the strongest attacks Nidoqueen is likely to face) whilst the 56 Attack EV's mean I can do some damage while shuffling the team.

I'll start this off. Here's a set that someone used that really messed with my team.

Cresselia @ Flame Orb
252 HP / 252 Sdef / 4 Def
Bold Nature
--Psycho Shift
--Rest
--Sleep Talk
--Psychic

This set is a huge pain in the ass. It shifts a burn over to pokemon with Flame Orb, limiting their physical attacking powers. The SDef EVs are maxed out to make Cresselia bulky on both sides after burning the opponent. Rest heals you up, but it also gives Psycho Shift a new purpose. It allows it to shift sleep onto the opponent if Sleep Talk selects Psycho Shift. Psychic is there for the obligatory STAB attacking move, making it not Taunt bait. Truly a pain defensively and as a utility pokemon.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I've faced one of those things in 4th gen. It's annoying when it actually goes off. As someone who uses houndoom, but understands that houndoom isn't actually used, I can see it being very annoying. Even though he has less defense, I once ran the same set on Xatu due to early bird (although I used Heat Wave instead of Psychic).

The downside about this cresselia in particular has been bumped up in Gen 5. With deo-D being allowed in standard, and new pokemon such as shinpora and rankurusu (don't remember their english names yet), this set will often find itself becoming dead wieght on teams. It doesn't possess the offensive power to stop or hinder tanks either. Things such as shed skin scrafty and wall you completely, and you'll be hitting yourself when sleep talk chooses rest during a crucial moment.

Here's a set I saw while observing another battle. I take no credit for it, but I love it so.

Gengar @ Leftovers
252 spA/252 spd/4 def
Timid Nature
--Shadow Ball
--Focus Blast
--Substitute
--Disable

This looks like a spin off of sub split gengar, but the application is enormous. Gengar's typing is excellent for something such as this and it really allows him to open new options for you. You sub up after switching in your gengar or against an opponent you think may have an SE attack. Then you disable it. With 350 speed, you'll outspeed most slower threats. Things like Machamp and Conckledurr only carry payback for ghosts, and as they are slower than you, it's an easy disable. Other ghosts who are much slower than gengar will also fall for the same tricks. Disable also hinders walls such as Blissey, Mandibuzz/Barujina, etc. This even annoys pokemon like rankurusu, who usually only carry psychic and fighting attacks.

This set obviously needs prediction (my friend once tried to disable a hitmontop sucker punch like this, only to have the hitmontop deliberately use fake out on the turn he used disable), but its extremely useful and definitely wasn't something you would see 4th gen.

Great gengar set. While disable is an often overlooked move, that set can make a good worth of it, since gengar's typing means that few pokémons are going to have more than 2 moves that actually can hurt gengar.

But I see a problem there, which is the lack of recovery, so that gengar will be having issues if it keeps substituting too much..

I was one of the first to use this set, but it's possible that someone used it before me.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fling
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Acrobat

It's called "AcroFling". First, you Protect to get the toxic orb kicking in. Then, you Fling the orb to badly poison something. Then, you have a 165 BP flying move, with EQ to round off the coverage. It's ABSOLUTELY GREAT in this metagame flooded with fighting types. Roobushin takes 60% from a post-fling acrobat. That's good, considering that this gliscor has no EVs in atk. It also checks perfectly EVERY breloom set, being immune to spore, resisting fighting and OHKOing breloom with acrobat even before the fling. The EVs work like this: max HP so that gliscor can abuse its bulk, 216 speed EVs and a jolly nature to outspeed every base 90 pokémon, and the rest is dumped into defense. If I renember correctly, doryuuzu's +2 rock slide does about to 40% to this gliscor.

I don't know if that set counts anymore because I believe it is standard now but it is very good. Being able to recover hp in Hail allows it to support Hail teams and/or running Hail on your own team (which some do to prevent rain). I actually like Swords Dance over Protect but that is just me and people assume one is going to Protect so it becomes somewhat predictable. Acrobat/Fling is an awesome combo and getting stab is awesome and so is the chance of Poison. The only problem with this spread is that a Life Orb Swords Dance Terakion's Stone Edge can ohko you with that little defense. Even Balloon Terakion does over 80 to you and Gliscor can't ohko Balloon Terakion. Swords Dance Landlos also does heavy damage to this barely invested Gliscor in Sand with Stone Edge and can potentially ohko after Stealth Rock damage. Of course if Landlos is running Hp Ice, all Gliscor's die. I think investment in defense is needed now so about 350~ and Impish should do to avoid being koed by such things. You could still have about 260ish speed to outrun base 80s and lower.

I'm confused with number 1. Don't post something that is underrated. Obviously creative sets are going to be underrated since they aren't standard (and Butterfly Pass Venemoth really is the only reason to use it, creativity be darned).

Kyurem Leftovers
104 Hp/160 Def/84 SAtk/160 SDef
Modest Nature

-Reflect
-Light Screen/Focus Blast/Hail
-Draco Meteor
-Icebeam/Focus Blast/Blizzard (if Hail)

Kyurem is a good pokemon, fairly underrated for who knows what reason. It's not like Scizor is everywhere anymore and Stealth Rock isn't as big either or Roopushin (and this isn't sarcasm. They seriously aren't). Reflect provides support for the team and Kyurem and with this spread and Reflect can survive being 2 hit koed by Scizor Band Bullet Punch even after Stealth Rock should you run into it. Resistances to Grass/Water/Electric are vital and neutrality to fire is okay (not great though against Sun). An actual strong attacker, most common steels have trouble switching in. Nattorei is netural to Icebeam/Blizzard and weak to Focus Blast and most other steels aren't fond of potential specs Blizzards/Foucs Blasts. Reflect eases weaknesses against Rock and Fighting as well (behind Reflect takes only 1/3 from Breloom Mach Punch, less than half from Landlos's Stone Edge even with Sand Power in Sand, takes about 60 % from Terakion's Life Orb Close Combat and Balloon Terakion can't 2 hit ko with Close Combat!).

Light Screen helps against Rain teams (and even without takes less than 50% from Choice Specs Hydro Pump from Kingdra) and the resistance to water really helps. It can also knock out Rain with Hail and abuse Blizzard that never misses that forces out steels since waters aren't doing much to Kyurem and little can take Stab Blizzards from 130 base special attack, even without Specs. Draco Meteor is always a good move on a dragon and gets stab and can be a last ditch effort or if you're not planning on staying in. 210 base power and again only steels can really take it, many whom aren't going to be doing much to Kyurem or fear it's supporting moves like Focus Blast. Finally, Icebeam/Blizzard is stab. Blizzard is only with Hail, otherwise Icebeam is more reliable and still hits very hard. Focus Blast can be used to hit Steels. For me, the 4 moveslot thing is bad for Kyurem since it has a lot of fun supporting options between Screens and Hail.

Manaphy Leftovers
240 Hp/18 Def/252 SDef
Calm Nature

-Calm Mind
-Acid Armor/Reflect
-Rest
-Surf

Manaphy's biggest weakness is in being revenge killed but with this as long as rain is up, it seriously will not die without critical hits. Water Absorbers are the only real problem or Latias/Latios/Suicune that attempt to Calm Mind along you but short of critical hits (or Roar from Latis) they aren't going to win. Acid Armor/Reflect reduce the damage from physical moves and Calm Mind makes your special defense inpenetrable. Seriously, after Calm Mind, the only special attack that is really going to make you fear anything are Specs Stab Thunders (rare indeed) since anything short of that becomes set up bait if they don't change the weather from rain. Obviously this set only works in permanent rain but I'm showing why this thing is broken. The only other problem is Taunt and Encore but those are fairly limited and the users themselves can rarely do little else against you so as long as you got Acid Armor and Calm Mind up, you might actually survive long enough to outlast Encore/Taunt (or just switch out until a later time). Trick is also a worry but that is limited.

This Manaphy can actually set up on Choice Specs Latios fairly easily (if Latios is switching in on Calm Mind) and after 2 Calm Minds can ko Choice Latios with Rain boosted Surf. I even think Acid Armor was +3 now (if so wow!) and if it is, not even Breloom's Bullet Seed hitting 5 times ohkoes and Manaphy rests. And every other physical attacker does squat after Acid Armor/Reflect while Manaphy continually builds up strength. The weakest part of the set is the reliance on Rain but if you got enough boosts from Acid Armor/Calm Mind, you might still survive! Calm Mind is even more effective than Tail Glow because of it's ridiculous surviveability.

PsychoShift Cressy. It's very effective, but I choose not to use it for the respect of my opponent.

And to comment on the set above me, the Kyurem set is very effective. I can attest to that, having faced it before. It's really nasty on a Hail team, or even just when used with that CS Abomasnow set mentioned on the Smogcast. Blizzard is, of course, a better option in those conditions.

Anyway, my set is DD Latios.

Latios w/ Life Orb
Modest
252 SpA, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Thunderbolt/Luster Purge
Dragon Dance

I was in the DD thread awhile back, and I Veekun'd Pokemon with Dragon Dance. I noticed Whiscash with the lethal HydraRest set, and Latios. This set works by outspeeding just about everything you see in the metagame (Outside of weather sweepers). You lose power when you compare it to the Calm Mind set, true, but the pure speed and inability to be revenge killed makes it work amazingly well. It's also nice to resist Mach Punch, which is a very common move with Breloom and Roopushin running around. If you use it on a Rain Team, Thunder works better than Thunderbolt (Obviously). Luster Purge is slashed because of STAB, and for the fact that there are a lot of Fighting-types running around.

Also, HydraRest DD Whiscash. Run a bulky spread and watch as you stat up to +6. I've used a similar set on Lapras, which was awesome, but held back by the fact that Lapras can't hit Burungeru. Whiscash, on the other hand, has STAB EQ. I'm running it on my test team (Which also has SubCharge Beam Magnezone for Nattorei), and maybe I'll update this post when I'm done.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Fluffy Otters said:
Manaphy Leftovers
240 Hp/18 Def/252 SDef
Calm Nature

-Calm Mind
-Acid Armor/Reflect
-Rest
-Surf

Manaphy's biggest weakness is in being revenge killed but with this as long as rain is up, it seriously will not die without critical hits. Water Absorbers are the only real problem or Latias/Latios/Suicune that attempt to Calm Mind along you but short of critical hits (or Roar from Latis) they aren't going to win. Acid Armor/Reflect reduce the damage from physical moves and Calm Mind makes your special defense inpenetrable. Seriously, after Calm Mind, the only special attack that is really going to make you fear anything are Specs Stab Thunders (rare indeed) since anything short of that becomes set up bait if they don't change the weather from rain. Obviously this set only works in permanent rain but I'm showing why this thing is broken. The only other problem is Taunt and Encore but those are fairly limited and the users themselves can rarely do little else against you so as long as you got Acid Armor and Calm Mind up, you might actually survive long enough to outlast Encore/Taunt (or just switch out until a later time). Trick is also a worry but that is limited.

This Manaphy can actually set up on Choice Specs Latios fairly easily (if Latios is switching in on Calm Mind) and after 2 Calm Minds can ko Choice Latios with Rain boosted Surf. I even think Acid Armor was +3 now (if so wow!) and if it is, not even Breloom's Bullet Seed hitting 5 times ohkoes and Manaphy rests. And every other physical attacker does squat after Acid Armor/Reflect while Manaphy continually builds up strength. The weakest part of the set is the reliance on Rain but if you got enough boosts from Acid Armor/Calm Mind, you might still survive! Calm Mind is even more effective than Tail Glow because of it's ridiculous surviveability.
Okay, so I MAY post a set here, but maybe when I have my writing juices flowing sometime later.

So wouldn't that Manaphy be much better with Boiling Water? If you're going to play Manaphy like you would a typical boosting Bulky Water like Suicune, I think a chance of burn would help a little, even though you're using Acid Armor. I've used a similar set, and I can't help critical hits.

Also if you don't have an Acid Armor or Reflect up, Boiling Water Burn is SO MUCH alleviating.

EDIT: whoops, someone commented before me. Oh well.

Edited rule #1 to make it clearer.

@alphatron's Subdisable Gengar--I like the idea, but there are two serious problems. The first, as you said is that it requires a lot of prediction. Say for example, Machamp switches in, breaks your sub with Payback as you Disable the move. Machamp still has access to moves like Stone Edge, which will cause your Gengar just as much trouble as Payback. Another is that Gengar is extremely frail. Gengar will die to most powerful, nonsupereffective hits anyway, so it's not like it matters what move the opponent has. But it does have its strengths against pokemon with few coverage moves (aka you disable a ghost move, and they're stuck with a fighting one) and Choiced pokemon.

@Blue Star--That set is literally everywhere. It's not particularly new or creative, but I do agree that it is good. But I prefer max defenses, because I don't really see the point of the extra speed.

@Fluffy Otters--I'm confused by the Kyuremu set. Is it a wall, or is it an attacker? What separates this from other pokemon with DS and high special attack
and the manaphy set is interesting, but not too different from Tail Glow Manaphy. It's mainly a bulkier version with less coverage. And to be honest, this set isn't as effective due to the lack of coverage.

@NeoSeth--Interesting, DD to boost only Speed. I like the idea, but I feel like the Attack boost should be utilized too. Latios has decent mixed stats, so I feel that something like Dragon Claw should be slashed there in order to take care of pokemon like Blissey.

Zuruzukin @ Leftovers
Intimidate
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Impish
--Bulk Up
--Amnesia
--Drain Punch
--Crunch

This is different from the usual Zuruzukin Bulk Up set. This set is focused more around all around bulk. Zuruzukin's biggest problem is fast, powerful Special attacks. Bulk Up boosts Defense, but not Special Defense. Yet Amnesia can boost special defense. Unfortunately, this means that you don't have room for Rest, meaning that Intimidate is a better option over Shed Skin. This also means that Drain Punch is your only recovery, meaning that Attack should be maxed out to ensure max recovery.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@alphatron's Subdisable Gengar--I like the idea, but there are two serious problems. The first, as you said is that it requires a lot of prediction. Say for example, TTar switches in and disable his Crunch as he breaks your Sub. He can always use Stone Edge for just as much damage. Another is that Gengar is extremely frail. Gengar will die to most powerful, nonsupereffective hits anyway, so it's not like it matters what move the opponent has.
Pointing out that there is no need to Disable Tyranitar when you can often OHKO it with Focus Blast. The only Tyranitar that will stay in on Gengar are SDef anyways which still take a shit load from Focus Blast. I have found that set very effective vs choiced attackers as it screws them over very easily

EDIT Red Card Deoxys D is just awesome. Not sure if it counts as Creative though.

Zuruzukin @ Leftovers
Intimidate
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Impish
--Bulk Up
--Amnesia
--Drain Punch
--Crunch

This is different from the usual Zuruzukin Bulk Up set. This set is focused more around all around bulk. Zuruzukin's biggest problem is fast, powerful Special attacks. Bulk Up boosts Defense, but not Special Defense. Yet Amnesia can boost special defense. Unfortunately, this means that you don't have room for Rest, meaning that Intimidate is a better option over Shed Skin. This also means that Drain Punch is your only recovery, meaning that Attack should be maxed out to ensure max recovery.
Intimidate is never better than Shed Skin. The effect of a burn is just too painful and Toxic takes it down easily.

Its not really a set, but back when I used Zuruzukin, I used Ice Punch over Rest. +1 Zuru can OHKO Landlos and 3HKO max HP / Def Gliscor and hits dragons hard.

How about this one? It made some 3 of my opponents ragequit and it might work pretty well with toxic spikes support.

Sazandora @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Def / 176 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Protect
- Torment
- DragonBreath / Flamethrower

Similar to TormenTran, this is SazAnnoyer. Sazandora's dragon typing grants to it cool resistances to grass, electric, fire and water. It can force a switch to set up a sub, torment the switch in and play mind games with it. The idea behind here is that the opponent won't have more than 1 attack that hurts saza (like water pokémon with ice beam or fighting pokémon with fight + dark coverage). It can them, stall turns by protecting their strong move and setting subs or attacking while they use a weak move. Dragonbreath is cool because it may paralyze foes, leading to a more annoying torment, but Flamethrower hurts many common switch-ins to sazando: steel types, which also happen to be immune to toxic spikes.

BurningMan

fueled by beer

Zuruzukin @ Leftovers
Intimidate
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Impish
--Bulk Up
--Amnesia
--Drain Punch
--Crunch
i wouldn't take away Shed skin AND Rest because this way you get horribly crippled by status and being NOT crippled by status is actually one of Zurus main selling points as a bulky set-up sweeper.
I also don't see where intimidate helps you that much other than screaming; "status me". You mainly set-up on walls that can't touch you anyways or something like TTar or -2 SpA Lati@s etc.
Defensive boosting and in this case even two boosting moves is also something i would avoid because your basically giving your opponent twice the time to crit you instead of simply KOing them. I always ask myself why PPL try to set up to Sky High lvls when a simple +2 would be enough to sweep my Team and then rage quit when they get critted in the process.

Clefable (M) @ Sticky Barb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 224 Def / 176 SDef / 108 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Trick
- Wish
- Endure
- Endeavor

Just tricvk the barb +wish +endure or you can endevaor for a easy kill on the switchs.

A true wall.
Clefable (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 224 Def / 176 SDef / 108 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recycle
- Rest
- Cosmic Power
- Seismic Toss

I've tested this before, it did pretty well, but it's somewhat outclassed by Gliscor, but it has the surprise value to it.

Crobat @ White Herb
Inner Focus/Slip Through
Jolly/Adamant Nature
252 Attack / 148 Speed / 108 HP
-Curse
-Acrobat
-U-turn / Cross Poison
-Roost / Super Fang / Taunt

The idea is to use Curse and use your White Herb, so you'll be at +1 Attack and Defense while having a boosted Acrobat at the same time. U-turn when you can't hit something with Acrobat, or you can use Cross Poison for STAB, although it doesn't hit anything worthwhile really. Roost lets you stick around, and Taunt can be useful after the White Herb is used up, same thing goes with U-turn.

And also this:

Altaria (F) @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
Trait: Natural Cure / Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Cotton Guard
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Most effective when steels are gone. Tank hits while you boost Defense with Cotton Guard, and when you see the chance, Dragon Dance to boost the power of Dragon Claw. Roost lets you be much harder to take down to the point where it's almost a Nightmare. It doesn't have immediate power, but once it gets going it's very hard to take down.

I think Clefable would be better of Tricking a Flame orb or something, Sticky Barb acts as Rough Skin ( I'm pretty sure ) so it will damage you even when you trick it off. The Endeavor could make it useful though, it's kinda like the level 1 Sturdy guys running around, it could get a kill, or it could be dead weight. It could be fun to try I guess

This one is also cool:

Originally posted by Chou Toshio
[SET]
name: Chomp Tank
move 1: Stealth Rock / Dragon Claw
move 2: Dragon Tail
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Protect / Aqua Tail
item: Leftovers
nature: Jolly
ability: Sand Veil
evs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 120 Spd / 60 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

This set takes full advantage of Garchomp’s fantastic bulk, which is statistically similar to Swampert and Heatran, ranking it amongst the bulkiest of OU’s pokemon. Garchomp also has a more than capable support movepool. With its new toy, Dragon Tail, Garchomp can abuse its awesome STAB combo while including Protect, SR and Phazing all on the same set. Very few Pokemon create substitutes able to hold up to its Dragon Tail, which lets it Phaze even through Taunt. A general lack of weaknesses while combining power, speed and bulk makes it a terrific checks to a number of threats including Heatran, Tyranitar, Terrakion and Doryuuzu.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

The EVs are set first to outrun neutral base 90 speed Pokemon (namely Lucario), while maximizing overall durability. 76 Def EVs let it survive a +2 Earthquakes from Balloon Doryuuzu. Protect lets you scout and lets Garchomp heal with Leftovers. Substitute could replace Protect to abuse Sand Veil, though its use comes into question with this Garchomp’s reduced speed. Garchomp can be EV’d to make 101 subs as well. Roar is also an option over Dragon Tail for people worried about substitutes.

Dragon Claw could be used as reliable Dragon STAB to replace any of the moves, most notably Stealth Rock should you have another Stealth Rock user. If you do, Rough Skin makes for a fine ability for Tank Chomp, but is unfortunately illegal with Stealth Rock. Rugged Helmet could be used with Rough Skin for more passive damage. Haban Berry is another interesting defensive item that could be used to get surprise revenge kills with Dragon Claw, but will lose tanking ability.
I've used it myself and it can get rocks with reliability.

My test sweeper here he his I would love a response from someone on him.

Granbull (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Quick Feet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Thunder Wave
- SmellingSalt
- Bulk Up/Bite

Before u ask why the t-wave smelling salt combo try it its WAY MORE FUN THEN it looks.

Kirikizan@Focus Sash
Competitive spirit
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spe
Adamant Nature

Sucker Punch
Metal Burst
Brick Break
Protect

Basic Metal Burst Set. Best used in lead spot, or when paired up with MM Espeon or Xatu. Very useful just because the opponent will never see it coming. Sucker Punch lets you have on last shot at hitting something, Brick Break for things like Nattorei. Excellent ability to lure in and eliminate fighting types.

This one is also cool:

Originally posted by Chou Toshio
I've used it myself and it can get rocks with reliability.
Not especially creative since it'll end up in the analysis but I did use that set with Substitute instead of Dragon Claw and in the sand you will make people ragequit.

Edited rule #1 to make it clearer.

@Fluffy Otters--I'm confused by the Kyuremu set. Is it a wall, or is it an attacker? What separates this from other pokemon with DS and high special attack
and the manaphy set is interesting, but not too different from Tail Glow Manaphy. It's mainly a bulkier version with less coverage. And to be honest, this set isn't as effective due to the lack of coverage.

QUOTE]

It's both. Reflect/Light Screen/Draco Meteor/some coverage move either Icebeam or Focus Blast or even just Reflect/Hail/Draco Meteor/Blizzard etc allows it to do both. Few pokemon can pull off both defending and attacking so well initially and Kyurem is a threatening Pokemon. Most people's "answer" to Kyurem is Stealth Rock (not as common) and Priority users...who are completely screwed over by Reflect and even without, Kyurem can often survive them. It kills the common priority users and it is has very neccessary resistances to Grass/Water/Electric.

And the difference is they don't use it and who are you thinking of that has Dual Screen+High attack? Mew can do it (it is probably the best screener of all) and Latias...but what Latias is going to use Dual Screen or is even seen? It will usually max speed and hp (Kyurem has far more bulk than Latias as well) and Kyurem's special attack Draco Meteor hits MUCH harder than Latias's then. Not to mention it lures out pokemon like no other like Scizor and Heatran (can be killed by Focus Blast if running it). Kyurem is one of the best and being able to attack and team support along with it's resistances is a serious consideration. And it could set up Hail if it wished (rain can bite it) and abuse 100% accurate Blizzards or abuse Abomasnow's Hail to spam Blizzards which murder people.

And the Manaphy set...not true. Sure you miss hitting Water Absorbers and Latis that try to Calm Mind alongside you for example but other than them it is fairly tricky. And Manaphy is insanely bulky. After the +3 Acid Armor (or even +2)/Reflect, Nattorei doesn't do crap, even with critical hit. Nor does much of anyone else for that matter. If you eliminate the Water absorber, nothing stands in Manaphy's way. And Surf is chosen over Boil Over because with Acid Armor/Reflect it isn't necessary and the extra 22.5 power is necessary to ko some things like Voltlos after +1 Calm Mind in rain and 2 hit ko Latios with +2 Calm Mind in rain (although then it isn't that hard to just get another Calm Mind but killing Voltlos for example could be vital). If someone get's a critical hit, it ignores boosts and burn anyway. Ditto can't really copy you as well (and then gets walled by a Water absorber of your own).

It is MUCH bulkier than Tail Glow Manaphy. Tail Glow Manaphy is forced to choose between bulk and speed and anything that is faster and is carrying Thunder generally kills you then (Latios/Voltlos/etc) and if you invest to survive it, you're vulnerable physically and almost anything can outrun you then and kills you. Tail Glow does nothing for you defensively. The bulky Manaphy with Calm Mind+Reflect/Acid Armor however WILL NOT DIE so it is easy to get a bunch of Calm Minds. I actually think Calm Mind is actually better than Tail Glow on Manaphy because Tail Glow Manaphy is much easier to revenge kill and it's fast but not fast enough to outspeed those Specs monster Latios/Voltlos that outspeed you for example and surviving means you're at low health and anything faster than Manaphy (which is a large number of things then) will finish you off before you rest. But when you can prevent Latios from 2 hit koing you with SPECS Thunder and take less than 30% from a Terakion Close Combat after Acid Armor or a Sand Power boosted Landlos Earthquake IN SAND is AMAZING.

I did test an interesting build with Xatu... Ill just copy and paste it from where I posted it before.

Trick/Scarf Xatu
Choice Scarf
Magic Mirror
Jollly
252 HP, 252 speed, 4 attack

Wish
Zen Headbutt
U-turn
Trick

Use him as a spikes/stealthrock/status reflecter early on by coming in on said moves, and then U-Turn out or attack away. As the game progresses, and you need Xatu for more supportive healing, come in on one of Xatu's resistances, trick your scarf onto your enemy, and start wishing and u-turning away.

Its not THAT imaginative or creative, but the ability to pop in with magic mirror, and quickly U-Turn right away is nice, as well as tricking the scarf on the enemy later, when you deem necessary.

Kabutops @ Focus Sash
Breakable Armor
252 speed, 252 attack
Adament/Jolly
Swords Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Aqua Jet

This isnt anything TOO creative... But considering the fact that you can come in on something as a revenge killer to scare it away, and get a swords dance up on their switch... then swords dance again as they attack you with a counter only to raise your speed by 1 stage due to breakable armor... You will then have a +2 to +4 attack kabutops with +1 to speed, and priority stab. It seems pretty deadly to me. Works with out rain and can be quite viable.

Edit:
As San Pellegrino pointed out, you need to have a rapid spinner available to keep the focus sash in tact, as well as to make sure your opponent doesn't have priority (or at least know that your priority would be faster and can OHKO them).

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
The above Kabutops is nice, but you'll really need to conserve a rapid spinner and ensure that your opponent doesn't have priority.

Jirachi @ Lefties
Nature:Careful
252 HP/ 44 Atk / 204 sp. def / 8 spd
~Wish
~Protect
~Body Slam/T-Wave
~Iron Head

This thing is an amazing staller, it's basically a 4th gen ubers jirachi, and it tanks hits in the rain like a beast. Paralysis ruins any sweepers that attempt to set up or attack jirachi specially. A great team supporter as well, it forms a good pair with a Bold natured latias, allowing wish passing, etc. A good addition to any stall team that needs insurance vs. weather teams.

On the above set an extra coverage move can be added over protect as iron head can "flinch" it's own protect. (only if your faster). Also if used in the rain thunder or water pulse could be used, both work with serene grace but they would maybe take away the whole point of the set, just my 2 cents :)

Buggar Chomp
(Garchomp)

Brightpowder/Rugged Helm
Sand veil/Rough Skin

Dragon Tail
Roar
Rest
Sleep Talk

Jolly
HP 252
Spe 252
Def 4

This may at first look like crap, but trust me it is the most effective set. I use it on a sand semi stall team with entry hazard support. As sleep talk is neutral priority you have a 2 in 3 chance of your opponent not being able to move (priority moves and faster pokes aside). This set really wears most teams down, acts as a status absorber, and a phazer. it really works well is always a suprise, everyone thinks I'm a noob using a silly set until they realise whats going on. Also you get the evasion hax of sand veil and brightpowder. I have slashed rough skin and rugged helm as it would work well outside of sand (dream world not sure if its released).

Buggar Chomp
(Garchomp)

Brightpowder/Rugged Helm
Sand veil/Rough Skin

Dragon Tail
Roar
Rest
Sleep Talk

Jolly
HP 252
Spe 252
Def 4

Wow that seems REALLY annoying. Very interesting set. I am sure it could work well it Gyarados as well, of course utilizing intimidate on the switch in probably as well.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
On the above set an extra coverage move can be added over protect as iron head can "flinch" it's own protect. (only if your faster). Also if used in the rain thunder or water pulse could be used, both work with serene grace but they would maybe take away the whole point of the set, just my 2 cents :)

Buggar Chomp
(Garchomp)

Brightpowder/Rugged Helm
Sand veil/Rough Skin

Dragon Tail
Roar
Rest
Sleep Talk

Jolly
HP 252
Spe 252
Def 4

This may at first look like crap, but trust me it is the most effective set. I use it on a sand semi stall team with entry hazard support. As sleep talk is neutral priority you have a 2 in 3 chance of your opponent not being able to move (priority moves and faster pokes aside). This set really wears most teams down, acts as a status absorber, and a phazer. it really works well is always a suprise, everyone thinks I'm a noob using a silly set until they realise whats going on. Also you get the evasion hax of sand veil and brightpowder. I have slashed rough skin and rugged helm as it would work well outside of sand (dream world not sure if its released).
I know it's good. I faced the same moveset on a Gyrados and it was teamed with a wish Tabunne... There was a TON of switching. Also the Speed EVs are clearly used to get Roar/Dragon Tail used before the opponent attacks while Garchomp is asleep. Also, Sleep Talk is illegal with Rough Skin

Edit at below: Unless you've had success with that moveset you might to read the thread name again Creative (AND GOOD) Movesets.

Ninetales@Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Drought
-Overheat
-Will-o-wisp
-Power Swap
-Protect
Evs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Speed

This is a pretty gimmicky set for a sun team that can annoy the hell out of special sweeper switch ins. I also love taking away calm mind boosts with power swap and giving them -2 from overheat. It's completely walled by fire types but it is fun to play around with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)