⇜.•[amor apache]•.⇝

[Introduction]⇝
Amor apache, or 'tough love', was originally designed to be a team comprised of my very favorite usable pokemon. I started the team back when the rough sketches for the UU tier were being made. Jolteon didn't quite make it to OU, and, since it was one of my favorite special attackers in 4th gen, I thought I would try it out again. The team holds the name it does, because if you have to sacrifice the lives of your pokemon for victory, tough shit. That pokemon is getting sacked. If that isn't tough love, I don't know what is.

[Building Process]⇝

Milotic, my number one all time favorite pokemon, fit well into the initial team. It's electric weakness was already covered by Jolteon's Volt Absorb, and it provided a seemingly perfect combination of phazing, recovery, status and bulk to be one of the two walls for my first 'pseudo-offense' idea.

Jolteon and Milotic soon found themselves teamed with Garchomp, who I hadn't had a chance to test much yet, and Jirachi. Garchomp, my second favorite dragon, provides powerful unresisted STABs, which was perfect for the offensive side of the team. Milotic also covers Chomp's Ice weakness extremely well. Realizing that Chomp and Jolteon often force switches, I figured a SR user would come in handy. Jirachi fit the role perfectly, being one of my favorites since the movie 'Pokemon Jirachi'. It's able to pose an offensive threat, while still having reasonable defenses, and covering both of Chomp's weakness.

Adding Jirachi landed me with two ground weaknesses and no resist. Tornadus, my favorite genie, gave a reliable immunity, a grass/fighting resist, and his weaknesses were already covered beautifully by the team. I also knew it had access to Focus Blast, which would help with Terrakion, Ferrothorn and Tyranitar, all of which could set up with relative ease otherwise.

[v1]⇝ In all honesty, I don't remember what I had in the sixth slot before Politoed. It might have been Heatran or Arcanine, both of which are favorites of mine. But, after testing the team out, and running into weather teams, it hit me as hard as an (ex)wife finding out you cheated on her.. Rain was the factor that would make this team successful. Politoad was added, and not a moment to soon. I've loved this Toad long before the movie 'Pokemon Heros', which is long before it actually got a decent ability.

[v2]⇝ After about 50 matches, I realized Tornadus was dying too quickly to rocks when I switched him in to take ground moves. It was pretty hard from there to decide on which course of action to take. I wanted to replace Chomp with Latias (and run Surf / Thunder / Draco Metero), but that would never have worked, because it removes nearly all physical attackers. I decided on replacing Milotic with another bulky water, Blastoise. With access to Rapid Spin, Rain Dish, and Hydro Pump, it wasn't hard to give my first starter ever a shot.

[v3]⇝ The fourth round of suspect testing ended up with Garchomp getting banned. This proved to be a problem, because it was the main attacker on the team. I decided to replace Tornadus with Dragonite, to have a dragon type, and it's my favorite dragon pokemon. Dragonite and Jirachi have perfect synergy, but i still haven't found perfect sets for them. I suspect i'll change Jirachi to specially defensive eventually, to take Ice Beams and Draco Meteors aimed at Dragonite easier. I replaced Garchomp with Virizion, for it's amazing coverage, and I haven't really had an opportunity to test it out. This is the current version of the team. I've contemplated replacing Blastoise with Rotom-H, who can abuse Hydro Pump and Thunder in the rain, and also switch in on ground moves in place of Dragonite if SR is up. If you notice anything else that should be changed, or have suggestions, please feel free to post them! (>^^)>

[In Depth]⇝

Politoed (CottonCandy)
@Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
  • Hydro Pump
  • Ice Beam
  • Focus Blast
  • Hypnosis / Hidden Power Grass

Jolteon (SpeedyJeez)
@Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
  • Thunder
  • Volt Switch
  • Hidden Power Ice
  • Shadow Ball

Blastoise (BabyRolls)
@Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 62 SpA
  • Scald
  • Ice Beam
  • Rapid Spin
  • Roar / Protect

Dragonite (DragQueen)
@Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Calm
EVs: 244 HP / 66 SpA / 200 SpD
  • Draco Meteor
  • Thunder
  • Surf
  • Roost

Jirachi (STRFKR)
@Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
  • Stealth Rocks
  • Iron Head
  • Thunder Wave
  • Wish

Virizion (MissAmane)
@Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
  • Leaf Blade
  • Close Combat
  • Stone Edge
  • Swords Dance

Ahh, i didn't even realize Round 4 was over -__-
Dragonite is. But I think Latios would work a lot better.

If i took out Garchomp and put in Latios, where do I have room to put in a physical attacker?

^Oh god, that hits.. everything. Only Bronzong/Skarm counter dragon/ground, but the boosted waterfalls.. I can't wait to test it! ^_^
EDIT: What about an Aqua Tailing Salamence?

Mence
@Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / Spe
-DD
-Dragon Claw
-EQ
-Aqua Tail ?? HMM but weak to SR

blastoise gets water spout

it may not seem like much but consider that blastoise is the only poke that has rain dish to go along with water spout, it may be a better move to use instead of hydro pump, and you can use aqua ring with it to make sure your HP stays high (with aqua ring, rain dish, and lefties, you get 18.75% of your life back each turn, that's a pretty large amount)

especially when a full power water spout has a BP of 337 on blastoise :P

unless all dream world squirtle are male then this is pointless and can be ignored :)

^Oh god, that hits.. everything. Only Bronzong/Skarm counter dragon/ground, but the boosted waterfalls.. I can't wait to test it! ^_^

Mence
@Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
-DD
-Dragon Claw
-EQ
Latios is faster but then again has lower Attack. I'd pick Latios specifically for the surprise factor and those extra resists and not being 4* weak to Ice.

Not to mention the fact that Moxie Mence isn't released yet.. I'd prefer using Dragonite as your dragon: nice movepool, which works pretty good in rain, multiscale for more bulk and helpful support moves.

A mixed DNite in the rain is great with moves like Thunder / Hurricane / Roost / A dragon type move of your choice. Give him Lefties and Multiscale and he's ready to go.

On the whole Water Spout topic.. It's a fifth generation egg move, which means im pretty sure you can breed one completely in fifth gen, then give it it's DW ability. I think it's legal, but why use it over Hydro Pump? It's highest BP is 150, and that's at full health. Blastoise is meant to take hits, which means it will be lower than that the majority of the time. Hydro Pump provides a consistantly scary and reliable 120, which he can fire off whenever.

Not to mention the fact that Moxie Mence isn't released yet.. I'd prefer using Dragonite as your dragon: nice movepool, which works pretty good in rain, multiscale for more bulk and helpful support moves.
The thing is, I need a completely physical attacker. Most of Dragonite's boosted moves are special. I'll work on this when I get home, I just thought i'd take a peek at the responses real quick while i have a break at work. EDIT: Oh, and thanks for pointing that out. Intimidate works fine anyways.

A mixed DNite in the rain is great with moves like Thunder / Hurricane / Roost / A dragon type move of your choice. Give him Lefties and Multiscale and he's ready to go.
Mmm yeah, there was a YouTuber who ran a set like Draco Meteor / Surf / Thunder / Hurricane, every move boosted by rain. I still need a physical attacker though xD Maybe I could replace Tornadus with Dragonite, since it has close to the same typing/weaknesses, and replace Garchomp with something else entirely.

Mence
@Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
-DD
-Dragon Claw
-EQ
Isn't MoxieMence banned though?

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure rain dish water spout blastoise is illegal.

damn, you're right, it's illegal

damnit nintendo, I WANT MY BLASTOISE

the only reason i mention it is because it's really strong, at full life and in the rain, it's stronger than non-STAB explosions, which is scary to switch into, and since it has 100% accuracy, you don't have to worry about it missing

he's recovering 12.5% a turn, which is the same exact amount that poison heal pokes will and you know how much of a pain it is to take down gliscor

while not a great option, it's still an option that's going to hurt

The more I look at it the less important HydroPump seems on Blastoise.. I'd consider replacing it with Scald to get also some random burns around the opponents team, and with that, another status which might come in handy sometime.
Also you don't have much to deal with Ferrothorn barring Virizions Close Combat. I know you run a rain team so Fire type moves are halfed in their strengh, but it's also weak to Fighting. How about putting Focus Blast on Politoed? Just some ideas~

...oh, and Virizions ability is called Justified =P

Thank you very very much for pointing all of that out. Focus Blast over HP Grass is a no brainer on Toad with Virizion added to the team. Justified.. Oh! xD I totally forgot to add it, thanks. And a bulky water without a way to inflict status? That should be a felony xD Scald is much more effective and reliable for Blastoise. The only reason I jumped to Hydro Pump so quickly is because.. well.. lewk aht dem kannonz..

EDIT: Dragonite gets Aqua Jet.. Outclassed by Extremespeed, but still! That's awesome! xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)