12v12, 10v10, 8v8, or 7v7 meta?

How many pokemon should be on each side for a maximally interesting OM?

Votes: 8 13.3%

Votes: 33 55.0%

Votes: 9 15.0%

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost the majority of the posts in the 12v12 proposed metagame are about how 12 is too much but something else would be interesting for them. Well, here is your chance to vote for which format you like most.

Personally, I think 8v8 would be the most interesting. It is still significantly different from 6v6 (standard), but also keeps team-building at the same relative difficulty.

Why not nine? It's as valid as any other number. Still, in an ideal world, I'd choose 8 - fundamentally very different from the current 6 Pokémon metagame, but wouldn't extend the length of matches too much and, more importantly, still leaves some emphasis on the importance of cores, synergies and shrewd teambuilding.

I voted 10 because i like having many options for a team but it wont make battles so long that you get bored.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd vote 9, but it's not there. It's my feeling that a 50% increase is the best change that causes a significant difference without being over the top or boring (which is why I created six move battling and not five or eight move)

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
I'd actually vote 9 as well. Imo a balanced 50% increase is logical, and similar to 6 move meta in terms of increased possibilities.

Eh. 9 would be better, but 8 would be alright. It could make things a bit more interesting, as it is kinda hard for me to work out what the metagame would be like (would it be offensive or defensive? Would weatherless die out as it is easier to cover threats even with a weather setter?)

8 vs 8 seems ideal to me and its even. Because it doesn't make team building all to harder, but it adds variety in that it can allow you to include something your team maybe lacks in a 6 vs 6 like a spiker, a magic bounce or even a pokemon that you just like, a niche pokemon...and so on and so fourth.

Doing it CCAT/CAP style. As other have said, 9 is a great balance and I feel like it's the most agreeable number.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I vote 8. Does not make battles too long, let's your team prepare better, and it's not too close to 6v6 like 7.

I voted 7v7. Adding pokemon to a metagame makes it more defensive, and removing them makes it more offensive. One poke is a LOT, and I think 7v7 in this metagame would be pretty balanced.

Of course if your idea of more interesting is more challenging, then the choice is obvious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)