2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
its nothing to do with liverpool, its to do with clubs with far too much money, taking transfers to insane levels
So pretty much Liverpool then or is 35m for Carroll, 18m for Henderson and 20m for Downing sane in your eyes?

more sane then 35 million on a 19 year old.
but liverpool didn't start it, it was the stupid billionares playing fantasy football for real.
those players far more established then moura

Might as well blame it on the Arabs since they're the ones that bought clubs like Man City and PSG and brought the trend along.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
ssn just said that man utd put in a bid for rvp but are having trouble because they're trying to do business with other clubs

also carling cup -> capital one cup. i cant keep up with this shit

more sane then 35 million on a 19 year old.
but liverpool didn't start it, it was the stupid billionares playing fantasy football for real.
those players far more established then moura
i'd just like to take this moment to point out given the current exchange rate of 1.5 fergie did EXACTLY that on wayne rooney (30 mill) - and this is several years ago. i guess you're as senile as your manager!

(edit: ive actually just read that accounting for inflation it works out as 37.3mil. lol.)

I never said he was.
I said rooney was and was a safe bet at that money to be a success, Moura hasn't played in the EPL, so would be a bigger gamble at that sort of money.

I KNOW.
i was aying it would be a gamble for fergie to pay that much to bring him to the PL
and besides, it was his preferance, not the cash, PSG didn't need to pay it unless that "extra" influanced the agent and familiy of course.
and Roy... why you pick sturridge and carrol.... ghaa :P

I know I'm late but did anyone see Glen Johnson goal vs Gomel. Cracking strike!
Yeah, Borini scored too, really excited about him.
Suarez was looking really good throughout too.

We also signed Joe Allen, meaning Gerradr wont have to play deep anymore

Gerrard
Allen-Lucas

#fapfapfap

meh brazil just choked away the golden medal

mano menezes is incredibly dumb, he won't ever play lucas, nor pato -.-

edit: ah he just did, but after we lost the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)