2011 Music

not going to update that because it will turn too big, so I'll just post the outstanding ones

the new Earth is fantastic.. slow drone (pretty catchy actually) with lots of stoner and ambient thrown in

Mogwai released a great album again.. it's slightly generic in parts, but just as consistent as all of their stuff

my favourite discovery so far is Joyce Manor with their self-titled debut.. it's catchy, poppy punk with great melodies and sing-alongs.. vocalist sounds like Tom Gabel from Against Me! sometimes

favourite albums so far(ranked):

James Blake: James Blake
Amplifier: The Octopus
Earth: Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light
Joyce Manor: Joyce Manor
Destroyer: Kaputt
Mogwai: Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will

Coldplay. I'm pulling my hair out in excitement. =D I'm also looking forward to what Paramore is going to release next.

I'll probably do a bit of listening. I've been listening to the same stuff over again for a while now.

the new Earth is fantastic.. slow drone (pretty catchy actually) with lots of stoner and ambient thrown in
God yes.
Beyond Earth, I'm not interested in anything I've listened to for the past few days.

Also, that post about Cake made me want to give them a little speck of hope left in my eye about them. I want to shoot myself even more now. It's worse than their 2004 album, if that's even possible.

Cake, farewell. You had your chance and you missed it. D:<

Radiohead this year. uuhuhhhuhuhuhuuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhhuhuhuuhhuuhuhuhuhuhuhuuhuhuhuhuhuuhhuhuuhuhuhuhuh
That means tours. uuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuuhuhhuuhuhuhuhuhuuhuhuhuuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh
That means Joy Division covers. UHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUUHUUHUHUHUHUHUUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHHU
WILL WE SEE THEM COVER DIGITAL, SHE'S LOST CONTROL, OR DISORDER FINALLY?????UUHUHUHUHUHHUHUHUHHUUHUHUHHUHUUH

lasers and new wombats

disappointed with how late the daft punk and does it offend you yeah? have been. if they even come out this year.

i disagree with the capital m in the title i think it should be lower case but whatever

new Iron & Wine album simply rules; I've only watched their live performance of the whole thing, but if it's any indication of how the album sounds, it is going to be one of the best albums of the year

new Iron & Wine album simply rules; I've only watched their live performance of the whole thing, but if it's any indication of how the album sounds, it is going to be one of the best albums of the year
Wow that was actually really enjoyable. My favorite of 2010 so far.

Ughh please keep recommending more stuff. I'm loving everything you've been suggesting so far.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Technically the album came out at the tail end of last year, but The Hollow Glow's debut has been featured on the iTunes homepage for a couple of weeks in a row now. Featuring guitarist Ben Carroll of Ra, here is a link to one of their singles:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHollowGlow#p/u/7/BQKrrkJyb5M

Check it out and see what you think. I was a huge fan of Ra so I will probably be very into The Hollow Glow as well.

Looking forward to:
Arctic monkeys - hopefully their next album will be more like wpsiatwim, i wasnt the biggest fan of humbug
Coldplay
The Strokes
Radiohead
White Lies - comes out january 18th, Bigger Than Us was awesome so i think this album will be just as good as their last one.
Bright Eyes - Feb 15th
Funeral Party - late january?
The Beady Eye

James Blake is getting pretty big currently, saw him a few weeks ago live and fell in love. Very much looking forward to The Strokes release in March, IIRC. Julian described it as the album that should have come between Room on Fire and First Impressions the other day, which is good news, I guess.

Julian described it as the album that should have come between Room on Fire and First Impressions the other day, which is good news, I guess.
I REALLY hope The Strokes don't ruin this one. If they're going backwards more power to them. This is basically their timeline.

(Is This It?) Amazing > (Room On Fire) Great > First Impressions of Earth (Horrible)

I'm only gonna assume this means "in between" Room on Fire and First Impressions means they can't ruin it too bad.

Or maybe it'll open up our perspective on First Impressions, which I'd argue was not horrible.

But then again I'd argue that Room On Fire was definitely not great.

First Impressions is hardly horrible. Ize of the World and You Only Live Once are two of the best songs they've ever put out. Ask Me Anything, Killing Lies, Fear of Sleep and 15 Minutes are pretty poor, but the rest of the album ranges from decent to great, and overall, whilst it isn't as good as their first two efforts (especially their first), I don't think it's a horrible album by any means. Of course, everybody's entitled to their opnions, just saying, I feel it can get quite a bad rap from some people, maybe a little moreso than it deserves.

Also, I'm sure it's been discussed to death, but I finally got 'round to listening to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy the other day and I just haven't been able to stop listening to it since. Absolutely superb album, I tip my hat off to Mr. West for producing the best album of 2010.

Even after the let down that was Stadium Arcadium i am still very excited for the Chili Pepper's new album.

Foo Fighters,Queens of the Stone Age and the Artic Monkeys also interest me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)