2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

The worst thing that anyone can do while playing Spain, is to set up two walls. They have too much quality for that. The only way to play them is to play a high pressing game. In the first half, Xabi Alonso had as much time as he wanted with the ball. When they took out Gonalons and put on an attacking player, the balance tipped towards France. We all know what Xabi Alonso's weakness is, and that is athleticism. He is not the most athletic player in the world. You are going to have to outrun them, because there is no way that you are outplaying them.
i disagree. in fact, i dont remember anyone who played high pressure vs them and got a good result, mainly because Xavi + Iniesta + Fabregas + Busquets can and DEFINITELY will control the midfield, no matter what. the only way to beat such teams, as chelsea/real madrid have proved, is playing heavy defensive football

no people just assume that any team that doesn't get scored on by barcelona's massive possession plays the same way as chelsea

Obviously I'm talking about teams that have the ability to go against Spain. The 2 wall strategy only works if you are totally outclassed. If you have a decent midfield, get after the ball, or they slice you in half. You can in no way give them as much time as they want on the ball. You have to get after their one weakness as they aren't as athletic as some other players. And we all know that the Chelsea win was fluky. Real have the quality to play against Barca. It's not always going to work, but it's the best way to play them. Force them into punting it forward, and with the lack of strikers, watch them suffer as one isolated midfielder is going to be unable to do anything and will lose the ball.

Something that might have slipped under the radar (maybe not) but Cardiff are top of the Championship! I've probably jinxed them now but it's fun while it's lasts.

Cos I used to live in Cardiff! And I have family living there. Never been to a game though, god knows what league they were in back then. Change of shirt colour later, they're on top of the league. That was clearly all that was wrong!

it's alright, give it til May before the playoff choke takes hold.. how many years in a row is it now?

and lol 'thats all that needed changing' yeah clearly selling out the soul of the club (a statement i dont believe is hyperbolic) was all they needed, silly cardiff!

The thing with star players is... Well ever since Van Persie signed for Utd I have wanted to see him and Rooney play together... If only Utd would sort out their midfield, that would be jizzalicious.

Back to sanity: I hate Utd and not sure why I am watching them.

edit: also not sure why I used the word jizzalicious there... RVP and Rooney together is some strike force, in a totally football related and non-homosexual sense.

Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal
Substitutes: Martinez, Djourou, Coquelin, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arshavin, Gnabry

Chamakh apparantly cant make the bench over a 17 year old with 1 substitute pro appearance.

Wilshere's back

Noob ass Arsenal useless fuck tard nigglet

We really missed Gibbs today, he has been giving us all the pace and width down the left hand side and Santos couldn't deliver the same. Defending is still non-existant, I've lost count how many times we let Norwich run at us with no pressure or how many crosses that were completely unmarked and undefended. 1-0 flattered Arsenal really, I think we had 2 chances the whole game. Giroud and Podolski were anonymous, Gervinho is still legit useless and I'm going to put Ramsey into the same bracket here. Arteta was the only player of any note, and possibly Jenkinson... Yeah that was a desperate waste of 2 hours...

Anyone but Reading puts something in the back of the net against Liverpool. Liverpool change managers and lose defensive integrity, but can't be any better in front of net...

epl: in chelsea, the coolest thing about having the doom triumvirate of hazard/mata/bosscar is that even if 2 of them dont shine, the other one still rapes, as mata showed today (even tho hazards assist was great).
man utd fluked away another win vs stoke but it doesnt matter, because, as i said a couple of months ago, chelsea is IMO the strongest team in the league i back them to win the league.
not surprised by arsenal losing to norwich, holt is a freaking boss too.

bundesliga: borussia lost 1-2 to schalke, but i already expected it; gundogan, schmelzer, götze, and kuba were all out of combat, theyre too important for the core.
and bayern munchen's current team is fucking rapist, imo they are going to win UCL this year (you read it here first); last year they didnt win it because gomez, ribery, robben, etc were all tired, and the signings of mandzukic / shaqiri (keep an eye out for this fella, hes a beast) solve that matter, not to mention javi martinez whos currently a top 5 CDM imo.

la liga: real madrid won against celta but even my dog predicted it and i dont even have a dog. btw, highlights for higuains fluk... i mean spetacular goal.
barca had a tough time but the beat deportivo la coruña. i figured out that barca's main defensive tribulation is not the quality of their defenders (mascherano, song, pique, etc are all good tacklers). the issue is that, without puyol, their defensive line is clueless, making them extremely vulnerable.

how did united fluke a win? they won 4-2? with quality crossing and finishing, there were luck in the bounce in Stokes 2nd.
i'm just liking all these fantastic English youth players. looks good for the future

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
epl: in chelsea, the coolest thing about having the doom triumvirate of hazard/mata/bosscar is that even if 2 of them dont shine, the other one still rapes, as mata showed today (even tho hazards assist was great).
man utd fluked away another win vs stoke but it doesnt matter, because, as i said a couple of months ago, chelsea is IMO the strongest team in the league i back them to win the league.
Word.I was really disappointed with Torres' performance though,could've easily had a hatrrick or a double.Apart from finishing all the other aspects of his play were delightful and I'd like to see more of it.And FYI I already predicted us to be top even before the season began.

As much as I'd like to agree with you,United's win was not a fluke;Stoke made defensive errors and they took advantage of them.Although ROFL Fergie thinks he can win the CL if his defense stays fit.

They are so screwed come next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)