2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Come to think of it, I think this is worse than the RvP betrayal thingy. Götze has been 12 years with Dortmund and he has won 3 trophies in his first 3 seasons. Why not go to England or Spain?

Yep cannot honestly understand this transfer. Bayern already have two of the best wingers in the world, main rivals of boyhood club, isn't challenging himself by moving elsewhere and probably less money.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
There's also Mueller who Pep could play in that position as back up to Gotze with Ribery and Shaqiri/Robben on the wings. This is bad news for Gomez and Mandzukic though. They're not exactly the the type of players who can adapt to Pep's brand of football. Gomez will probably leave this summer with Chelsea and other clubs interested while Mandzukic will stay since this was his first season with Bayern. He might leave at the end of the next season after struggling to make an impact and rotting on the bench.

Lol @ Barca, wtf happened

Also I hope Bayern beat Dortmund in the final, and next year Dortmund beats Bayern in the final just to see the look on Gotze's face!

Even though this two goals were irregular (Gomez stood totally alone there though so this one didn't really matter), Bayern should have gotten two penaltys aswell, so whatever. Beside that, Barca best attempt was.. well.. I don't remember them having any attempts to actually shoot a goal.

I'm hoping for Dortmund to win today obviously, still Bayern - Madrid would be a much more interesting final to see.

As good as Barca are they have had something like that coming to them a while.

Unconvincing against PSG, lost to Celtic, saved by a one man show from Messi against Milan.

They have been the worse team for nearly two seasons whenever they have played Real Madrid in the league or cup. Both Puyol and Xavi are injured a lot and past their primes, Alexis, Pique and to a lesser extent Pedro have just completely lost it. Mascherano isn't consistent enough to play center back, Song keeps getting thrown on the bench or between positions. Fabregas only plays well in Messi's position, Villa isn't getting playing time and Tello isn't experienced enough for big games. Valdes is getting exposed as the good but not great keeper he is now the defence is falling apart.

They have been getting away with it in La Liga only because of Messi and Iniesta. They need a Thiago Silva and a consistent goal scorer outside of Messi.

Still Bayern are on another level, feel bad for Heynckes. Don't see how Pep can improve them

HBK

Real madrid have been destroyed by a brilliant display from a Lewandowski-led Dortmund. No way they're going overturn this deficit in Spain. I guess those "Mourinho wants Lewandowski at Stamford Bridge" rumours might be true after all. Don't think it'll happen though since we seem to have Falcao and Schurrle in the bag

HBK

I recall one of the Bayern players saying that Dortmund would've been easier than Barca right after the draw.........

Unbelievable quite feet from Lewandowski! That kid must be made of ice to be able to react so calmly under pressure for his goals. And did I mention how quick his feet were? Unbelievable! Haven't seen feet that quick since Nasri against Fulham all the way back in 2010!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)