2013 Smogon Fantasy Hockey

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i also delayed the draft a week but thats pretty much as late as I can set it

Holy crap, this topic is active? I'm still up for draft =S

P.S. Should I just make an account on Nugget Bridge, or will this thread still be active?

I think most of the people are still active, so it'll be easy enough to get them to sign-up. I haven't seen Vincent in awhile, so I'm not sure if we just miss each other, or he just vanished. =S

He's probably the only one we might need to replace, haven't seen him in a couple months. Cashew is obviously still here, I run into pookar/Carl/aldaron/Justin/wer/Ray/gr33n every day, Kaleb is easy enough to get a hold of and Jackal will probably conveniently be available because of SPL.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
I still haven't gotten the email to sign up (probably got sent to paul). I should be able to make time to draft whenever, so whatever you guys decide on will work for me.

After a quick glance at the player list on Yahoo, there doesn't seem to be many positional changes this year.

Sharp is no longer a 3 position stud (lost RW).
Nash and Kovalchuk lost RW.
Carter is one of the only notable centers that lost winger eligibility.

Malkin, Giroux and Benn all maintained winger eligibility. Pretty sure they had a combined TOI of 2 minutes playing wing last season.

I have tentatively set the keeper deadline for Wednesday but just get it in as quickly as you can please.

With the season started in less than two weeks we kinda need to hurry with the draft now. Are people available this weekend any time? I could make any of Fri/Sat/Sun if needed

I will make Kaleb join when I see him tonight and figure out his availability, other than that we're set if Vin is actually around

I tried to sign up for a mock auction draft, but there are no other humans attempting to join them! Even the 14 man standard auctions are getting filled up. I joined a 12 man standard league and got bored after the 10th round because players I wanted kept getting picked a couple spots before my turn. Auction is so much better than snake in every possible way. I don't understand why anybody would ever want to do another snake draft in their life after being in an auction draft. You have such minimal control over your team in a snake. It's terrible.

Set tentative draft time(10pm EST Sunday), if you can't find a way to make it let me know quickly and we'll try and adjust but the people I talked to mostly said they could make it and I want it late on a weekend evening if possible since people work (I realize Sunday was less clever than Saturday in that regard but I imagine some people will want to go out then). Set your own keepers if you can please but I can fix it later if you screw up. We may want to consider Roto for one year and/or splitting into more divisions and make division winners move on since we aren't going to get enough weeks for everyone to play everyone once.

I just had the best draft ever.

Here are my results in a 12 man auction league:

Gotta Catch Em Staal
1. (12) Jonathan Quick (LA - G) $29
2. (13) Pekka Rinne (Nsh - G) $22
3. (19) James Neal (Pit - LW,RW) $29
4. (24) Dustin Byfuglien (Wpg - RW,D) $19
5. (46) Marian Gaborik (NYR - RW) $23
6. (57) Jeff Skinner (Car - C,RW) $10
7. (66) Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Edm - C) $8
8. (81) Max Pacioretty (Mon - LW) $7
9. (82) Alexander Semin (Car - LW,RW) $11
10. (92) Jamie Benn (Dal - C,LW) $10
11. (106) Kevin Shattenkirk (StL - D) $5
12. (107) Mike Green (Was - D) $8
13. (113) Dion Phaneuf (Tor - D) $7
14. (114) Kris Versteeg (Fla - LW,RW) $3
15. (126) Justin Schultz (Edm - D) $1
16. (128) Patrik Elias (NJ - C,LW) $2
Unused $6

My strategy was to avoid spending over $30 on anybody and not have any competition for the 2nd tier players. I feel like it worked out pretty well. I also feel like this is a good year to have 5 defensemen since the schedule will probably be a lot more condensed than normal and I'll be benching forwards more than usual. With all of the dual eligibility, I ended up with:

C: 4
LW: 6
RW: 6
D: 5
G: 2

If Schultz ends up being a bust I can just grab another C or G out of FA to help me out.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
User Carl could probably stand to change the name of the topic title just sayin'

Does anybody remember what we decided to do about auction money based on standings?
Yeah I was trying to look this up and couldn't (I actually haven't even found what we did last year yet so I still need to do that, too), there's some little stuff like this we should change for next year but we kinda lost a lot of momentum with the lockout.

Draft is in like 7 hours so don't forget about that and also I need keepers from pookar and also I think gr33n even though I could swear his were entered already because now they aren't.

EDIT: Keepers are all set now and will be visible when you look at your team in the player section but not in your actual roster. Similarly, the unclaimed players are all actually unclaimed now so you can plan your draft.

I adjusted the budgets a little this year. I know we didn't have a lot of time to revisit this but I think we all mostly agreed that our attempts to make things more fair by giving the higher placing teams more cash last year didnt work and that would have been even worse this year if we had left things as they are because we had two fewer players to draft, so I kept the margins basically the same but vastly lowered the starting budget. This will also make the autodraft make better decisions for people who don't set their rosters because it puts the default values more in range with our situation.

These are the starting budgets:

100$ for 1st
105$ for 2nd
110$ for 3rd and 4th
115$ for 5th and 6th
125$ for the non-playoff teams

I felt like this was a good year to set this precedent since i'm the one eating the biggest disadvantage this year and I feel like 1st place being at 80% of the non playoff teams' budgets is probably closer to what we want.

EDIT2: actually setting the auction budgets reset all the keeper shit so going to need to redo that but OTHERWISE...

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
can anyone explain why for the auction I did not get any players for more than 2 dollars?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)