2013 Winter Friendly

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Had 13 battles or so, lost once. Got outpredicted and surprised in one battle by a Ground Gem Excadrill, which OHKO'd Palkia (I did not know that would happen.)

So far, most of the teams I've run into have been HILARIOUSLY weak to Palkia. I'm currently sitting at 1620/12 completed battles after the last update, using a team of Thundurus-I/Kyurem-W/Mewtwo/Deoxys-A/Extremekiller Arceus/Palkia.

As far as the Pokemon I've seen: Keldeo appears to be quite common. Only a few guys have been using Ubers, shockingly. I haven't seen a single Kyogre yet, but I've run into a couple Groudon. The lack of Ogre was quite a surprise. I expected at least one by now.

I'm taking a break while my DS charges but I haven't seen any Kyogres in my short time playing. Very surprising. I think I'm 10-2 right now (got horribly outpredicted on one and got hax'd on the other loss).

Sleep spam not working out so far since everyone's Pokemon wakes up in one or two turns.

Wow, really heavy on the ubers. I'm personally a bit surprised by this, a lot of the ubers tend to cancel each other out ability-wise.

Not like a single OU Pokemon yet. Explosion Lickilicky on a Mewtwo FTW.

-James

drcossack said:
I haven't seen a single Kyogre yet,
Same here, but I have been seeing quite a bit of ubers.
I'm now 8-0, but my last updated rank was 1594 (1 Battle Ago).
I've been using Extremekiller Arceus and a pretty standard rain team.

drcossack

Quick update: 1735 and 26 battles as of last rating update. I'll be stopping for the night once I hit 1750. I'm confident in saying there's nobody else even remotely close to me at this point.

If there is a Mikey from somewhere, rating 1594 at the time, if you're on this board I want to say GG and if I could have permission to post your video on YouTube. My trainer name was Whammy.

-James

drcossack

Arg, I crushed a player who had white kyurem, reshiram, jirachi and keldeo and he ragequit...
At least you didn't get one of the many non-ubers teams. I enjoy playing those, but it's still a hollow victory.

Finished my marathon session with a 1758 rating & 48 battles, which is probably inaccurate due to not updating. Puts me in a good position for the rest of the tourney though, so no complaints.

At least you didn't get one of the many non-ubers teams. I enjoy playing those, but it's still a hollow victory.

Finished my marathon session with a 1758 rating & 48 battles, which is probably inaccurate due to not updating. Puts me in a good position for the rest of the tourney though, so no complaints.
I got many, but they didn't ragequit. right now I had another DCer, but he had missed 3 stone edges so I don't hate on him. Still not justified tho.

Edit: Yay, 1st korean player, 1st korean disconnecter for me.

Playing with ubers is the most funny thing in the world!!!
Be able to smack your opponent team with Kyogre is amazing. The lack of full Ubers team is outrageous, the vast majority of team I faced today are at best OU teams. With Sand and Rain in the prime I saw just one Hail team and still any groudon.

(while i was writing this a stupid sand veil Garchomp avoided my Kyogre Ice beam, damn i hate that guy)

I have seen no sign of sand teams yet, in fact, I have not seen any weather teams at all. Just beat a guy with a level 39 samurott.

1601, 21 battles, just stopping there. I got zero D/C's, and have some gaping holes in my team that'd probably prevent me from reaching 1700.

Just feasted on some OU/UU teams. It's amazing that people won't even put one uber on a team in a tournament that allows you to play as many as you want. I can understand the challenge factor to some degree and even that some ubers cancel each other out, but c'mon. You have to respect what's out there.

BTW, my team was Kyogre(Shiny), Zekrom, Hitmontop, Kingdra, Lickilicky (Cloud Nine, Explosion), and Espeon (not used at all, trap teams were nonexistant, should've brought Giratina)

-James

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Unfortunately there are still some sore losers in these tournaments as I was facing SPS (1850) and at first it seemed he was going to sweep my team, and good thing I went for more bulk as I was able to get the upper hand toward the end for the win just to see the blue screen of death before the possible last turn. At this point I don't care if I end up in the rankings since I already had a few opponents DC on me and is more than 10% now.

hahaha... Just faced my first Full Uber team of the tourney, was pretty close since on team preview you can't see which Arceus form the opponent have, So I assumed was the standard ExtremeKiller and ta-da: Calm Mind Ghost Arceus!

Unfortunately there are still some sore losers in these tournaments as I was facing SPS (1850) and at first it seemed he was going to sweep my team, and good thing I went for more bulk as I was able to get the upper hand toward the end for the win just to see the blue screen of death before the possible last turn. At this point I don't care if I end up in the rankings since I already had a few opponents DC on me and is more than 10% now.
You have no luck with DC'ers, do you Expert Evan. You seem to get it every tournament......

I got lucky, zero disconnects for me.

-James

hahaha... Just faced my first Full Uber team of the tourney, was pretty close since on team preview you can't see which Arceus form the opponent have, So I assumed was the standard ExtremeKiller and ta-da: Calm Mind Ghost Arceus!
could it be me?

Out of fourty battles ten were disconnected. Some of them were seriously threatening which makes it much more frustrating when they finally do this. We don't know how to deal with them; on the one hand, we want to finish every battle because sportsmanship says so, but on the other hand we have the pleasure to face some of them multiple times - for which we know it is a loose-loose situation. Should we DC on them?

Groudon + ExtremeKiller is the worst possible matchup for us. Our only Arceus check is walled by Groudon which makes it hell to break though.

could it be me?
Your GhostCeus have recover too?

(fun an irrelevant fact: If one of your pokemon have their health in red, the peril music will play no matter if you rotate that pokemon to the sides)

Anyway, the fact that there are low ubers presence is that no everybody have access to 3th and 4th gen legendarys, that is because almost all the ubers I found are 5th gen Ubers (mostly Genesect, Keldeo and Kyurem-W)

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&bid=110777533806

Best. Match. EVER.
Your GhostCeus have recover too?

(fun an irrelevant fact: If one of your pokemon have their health in red, the peril music will play no matter if you rotate that pokemon to the sides)

Anyway, the fact that there are low ubers presence is that no everybody have access to 3th and 4th gen legendarys, that is because almost all the ubers I found are 5th gen Ubers (mostly Genesect, Keldeo and Kyurem-W)
yup, it does. check for my matches in pokecheck, because i've uploaded one against a ghostceus. And I did think it was an extremekiller too.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&bid=110777533806

Best. Match. EVER.

yup, it does. check for my matches in pokecheck, because i've uploaded one against a ghostceus. And I did think it was an extremekiller too.
lol Judejew. Anyways this rotation tourney is certainly a humbling experience for those of us not as familiar with it though too late to change certain moves. One opponent I faced had weavile do dig which made it too predictable what to do next turn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)