2016 Facebook Art Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Yup, we still need the art. The post goes out a 10 am EDT (GMT-4) on Saturday (Sept. 10). So if we could get the art sometime in the next 12 hours, that would be perfect. Otherwise, an hour before the giveaway starts would be the final deadline...though that's cutting it really close.

Thanks for all your hard work everyone ^_^

Full version: https://puu.sh/r5EnJ/65a184ab10.png

Today I learned gatemp is short for giveaway template.

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The below all need art! I probably won't be able to fit them all into the next couple of months before Sun & Moon release, but I'd like to get one posted every Saturday until then (except a couple of weeks prior so we can cool down between this gen and the next) so all the help possible would be appreciated! :D

Xatu - f(x)
Scolipede - Jackii
Weavile - Litra
Crawdaunt - D_what
Togekiss - FellFromtheSky
Mega Sableye - Vederation
Volcanion
Manaphy
Mega Slowbro
Tornadus
Zapdos
Registeel
Mega Manectric
Tyranitar
Does Manaphy still need art? I'd love reserve that if it does.

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
aXl said:
If you post the base image, I can put it in frame in Photoshop later tonight when I leave studio. That'd fix the text consistency issues.
Ah! Thank you! Here is the base image:
Lucario-M.base.png

Note that the hand overlaps with the frame, which is why there is a bit of extra space at the bottom. It need not overlap like in my version, though, if it's too difficult. :< Thank you again. n_n

Last edited:
Y'know, it's funny - I see antemortem's posts with the Pokemon needed for the giveaways, I see the progress shots and final images of the art for those giveaways... And yet, every time, without fail, when I check out the fb page on Saturdays I still get surprised by them. It's uncanny.

Last edited:
Update on Zapdos -- real life happened, became much busier than expected.
I should have free time this Tuesday+weekend to work on it, but if I don't, I'll let you guys know then someone else can take it if they want.

Hello! Here's the list of the Pokemon we need art for next month.

The theme for this month is Halloween... well sort of as Roserade and Umbreon aren't as spooky as the rest of the Pokemon, just saying in case any of you want to incorporate this theme in their art piece.

October 2016 Giveaway Schedule (NEED ART)
these need art; art is due on the date listed
  • September 30 - Roserade [ FellFromtheSky ]
  • October 7 - Umbreon (Shiny) [ Jackii ]
  • October 14 - Gliscor [ ]
  • October 21 - Galvantula (Shiny) [ ]
  • October 28 - Giratina-Origin [ fx ]

Art for giveaways must include a frame/outline that details the Pokemon. For more information on how this works see this post ->http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/2016-facebook-art-thread.3559615/page-6#post-6738549
You can use the easy to edit .psd file by Koumashiki

The Pokemon details are listed below:
Oct 1 :

Roserade (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire

Oct 8:
shiny

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Oct 15:

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 204 HP / 228 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Oct 22:
shiny

Galvantula (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power Ice

Oct 29:

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
Level: 100
EVs: 248 Atk / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force

Last edited:
If no one else can do this, I'll see if I can get something in, but it won't be until later tonight. I don't know if that's enough time for you guys to prepare the post.
Hello! Thanks for helping out. I know it is hard with such limited time.
It's pretty much the same situation as two weeks ago, so I'll quote shinyfinder...

Hi! Yup, we still need the art. The post goes out a 10 am EDT (GMT-4) on Saturday (Sept. 24). So if we could get the art sometime in the next 12 hours, that would be perfect. Otherwise, an hour before the giveaway starts would be the final deadline...though that's cutting it really close.

Thanks for all your hard work everyone ^_^
Edited the date*
Xenforo pls**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)