1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Discussion in 'BW OU Analyses' started by alexwolf, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Venser

Venser

I just wanted to inform the mods that I will be inactive until the seventh starting Christmas day, due to traveling. I will be online as much as possible during this time but family comes first right now.
  2. religiousjedi

religiousjedi #ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

I'd like to reserve Abagoora if possible please...
  3. Calm Pokemaster

Calm Pokemaster
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

4. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Whoops, my mistake. In that case, yes, Leafeon is yours.
  5. Charmander

Charmander mfw i have a mane and am actually the sun
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Posting to say i'm going to put a placeholder on Mebukijika
  6. Togekissfan

Togekissfan

May I please write Dunsparce's analysis? It really is an awesome pokemon to me. (Also I would like to do the analysis for Umbreon and Qwilfish)
  7. Ramblin Wreck

Ramblin Wreck

Will they be better than this?

Bear in mind three analyses is quite a bit of work for even someone experienced.
  8. Eo Ut Mortus

Eo Ut Mortus Elodin Smells
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

No, they are currently on the list of Pokemon we are not writing about.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83606
  9. Togekissfan

Togekissfan

10. Togekissfan

Togekissfan

LOL! I promise they will be better than that. I call that practice. :naughty: I had written that analysis in a rush and didn't consider formatting issues. If not, I'll just reserve Dusknoir. Will that be ok?
  11. bugmaniacbob

is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Another format overhaul, this time to make updates easier and hopefully to make everything clearer for writers and checkers alike.

Mebukijika is on the list of UU Pokemon at this time, so really you shouldn't be reserving it. I see you have a placeholder already up, which I have put on the index, but since it appears to be fairly well-written I'll leave the decisions concerning it to the mods' discretion.

Looking at your placeholder for Dusknoir, the analysis does not seem to conform to formatting standards amongst other things. Therefore, I'm going to withhold putting your thread on the index until a moderator approves it. Please contact one of the moderators of this forum if you wish.

EDIT: Also what the hell am I doing working on this on Christmas Eve I mean seriously, I only just remembered. This is what I do for you guys...
  12. Granstafer

Granstafer

Could I please reserve Electivire if possible?

EDIT: posting a placeholder on this now, thanks for the reservation.
  13. Stunt

Stunt

Can I reserve Monmen?

I have made a lead set that I have been able to use very successfully in DW OU.
    Rules say , "Refrain from NFE's unless they are especially interesting"
    and in my opinion, monmen is especially interesting.
  14. Togekissfan

Togekissfan

I can see where you are going with this, but I wanted to try to expand my pokemon knowledge by creating articles and battle guides. (I am still somewhat a novice at this...). I promised I would have an awesome Final product, so it will take some time. =) And creating a guide that might go on the website is pretty cool.
  15. bugmaniacbob

You know what? It's Christmas and I'm feeling generous. I've put your reservation for Dusknoir on the index. However, I'd prefer it if you finish that before taking on anything else.
  16. Don Honchkrorleone

Don Honchkrorleone

Slowking is in skeleton format.

And Merry Christmas, fellas!
  17. NatGeo

NatGeo sun's coming up
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Hope everyone is having some happy holidays!

Posting to say that I will put up a placeholder for Raikou up, as well as Suicune.

Keep in mind however, I probably won't be able to post anything on either for a week after the 26th, due to being on vacation in Ohio starting the 27th.
  18. religiousjedi

I'd like to upgrade Abagoura's status from "Placeholder" to "Skelleton". Most of the essential stuff is completed, so I'd like to begin getting any input.
  19. bugmaniacbob

Did you check with the OPs holding the reservations for those Pokemon (check index) that you were allowed to take their reservations?

Granted, those have been dead for ages and I'd be inclined to let you take them if you wanted to, but that's not my place to decide, you'd need a moderator to make the judgement.

You don't appear to have any set comments for most of your sets, so it can hardly be described as a skeleton. A couple of lines for each should suffice, and then I'll mark it as a skeleton.
  20. Charmander

is a Contributor Alumnus

Posting to say the Mebukijika analysis is written (but needs GP checks and such)
  21. Snorlaxe

Snorlaxe 2 kawaii 4 u
    is a Contributor Alumnus

i'll also reserve bronzong, i play with it all the time so i have experience with it.
  22. Charmander

is a Contributor Alumnus

The analysis is now written and QC checked. I think it should be added to the index

EDIT: Also, I'd like to reserve Nidoking if that's alright.

DOUBLE EDIT: nevermind about nidoking, well kindof, I talked to bugmaniac about it.
  23. religiousjedi

Understood...just dropping by to state the skeleton is now officially done. If I missed anything, lemme know.
  24. Charmander

is a Contributor Alumnus

I see Baffuron is up for grabs.

[​IMG]

fireburn says it's ok for me to take it over so I guess the skeleton is already done :)
  25. haydenboyter

haydenboyter

When UU analysis is opened, I would like Sableye. I already have writen most of the analysis and only now thought to reserve him.
    And a random question. When you quote someone, why does it say
    "Originally Posted by Fat bugmaniacbob"
    Is that just for kicks and giggles or does it stand for something?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)