5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

After confirming my C-Gear Seed's delay through Sweet Scent, what frame am I on? (I know the Sweet Scented Pokémon's IVs start at frame 3)

When you start the game it's initially seeded using a combination of hidden values and the current time to the second. This is a non-cgear seed. The cool thing here is that it's easy to hit because there's no delay.

When you turn the cgear on, the game is reseeded using the date/time, MAC address and delay. This is harder to hit because of the delay but easier to predict since there are no hidden values involved.

Unfortunately, DSi seems like it's still a little way off. The theory is that there's something else that is done on a DSi that isn't on others but no one (including the Japanese) has a solution for it.
So under what circumstances do you need to turn the C-Gear on for RNGing? Is it always on?

That's a shame about the DSi... hopefully I can borrow one of my friends' DSes/DS-lites when it comes time to RNG.

How can you change your delay from even to odd? Is it the same as in 4th Gen?

EDIT: I don't know if this was known already, but C-Gear abuse on a European Cart works when you choose the Japanese equivalent of your game in Time Finder.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So under what circumstances do you need to turn the C-Gear on for RNGing? Is it always on?

That's a shame about the DSi... hopefully I can borrow one of my friends' DSes/DS-lites when it comes time to RNG.
You can still do cgear seeds on a DSi.

For example, if you have a DSi, you'd want to use the CGear seeds. =P
But it just depends on what spreads you get. You turn it on at the correct delay. You can start the game with it on or off. To do them, you start with it off and turn it on from inside the game. If that doesn't answer the question, I guess I'm not quite understanding what you're asking completely.

How can you change your delay from even to odd? Is it the same as in 4th Gen?

EDIT: I don't know if this was known already, but C-Gear abuse on a European Cart works when you choose the Japanese equivalent of your game in Time Finder.
You hit both in this gen. No even/odd.
To your edit, that would make sense because there's no change in value between them. It's still based on the MAC address.

I understand there is a guide coming out, and that english Us versions are not out yet but i would like to have some general info confirmed please,I have a ds lite, and am getting both versions in english, correct me if I'm wrong please, As far as i can see:
-5th Gen Rng requires no need for an ID or SId(even if I'm going for shinies) bc it is based on the mac address and ds parameters
- For non-cgear seeds ds parameters and a mac address are all that is required, and i get my parameters from any caught pokemon over level 50 using sweet scent by it's IV's or my initial seed, or an AR, and i can only confirm my seed by Ar
-now that ivs are separated from nature, ability and shininess, once i hit my non-cgear seed i am already on my nature ability and shininess, all that is needed to be advanced is the frames for my ivs(for standing legends and pokemon eggs, as i believe roamers are not figured out yet)
-if i want to rng a shiny starter pokemon, ill need to know my starters ivs and use them for my ds parameters, and the only way to do this is by AR, or trading the starter over to another black or white cartridge and having someone else get my ivs for me, restarting the game and using those same ivs of my previous file for this one to get my parameters
- and lastly parameters are constant and do not change no matter if you have black or white as they are only related to the ds system(i have lite) and the same parameters can be used on any file of either game(like a new restarted file)
it would be much appreciated if someone can pls straighten me out, if all this will be addressed in the guide then pls tell me, and im not even here...

Hey guys, I'm still quite new to RNG (been reading about it since Pt, but never actually tried it myself).

Browsing through the thread, I'm a tad confused; will all of the techniques discovered for BW still be effective if one is using a retail cart? (In my case a JP Black)
I'd like to try and RNG some high or perfect IV/ shiny eggs, and shiny or high IV legends, but I'm not sure whether it will actually be possible in my case.

I understand there is a guide coming out, and that english Us versions are not out yet but i would like to have some general info confirmed please,I have a ds lite, and am getting both versions in english, correct me if I'm wrong please, As far as i can see:
-5th Gen Rng requires no need for an ID or SId(even if I'm going for shinies) bc it is based on the mac address and ds parameters Wrong. Shiny PID is still based upon ID/SID
- For non-cgear seeds ds parameters and a mac address are all that is required, and i get my parameters from any caught pokemon over level 50 using sweet scent by it's IV's or my initial seed, or an AR, and i can only confirm my seed by Ar More or less yes, Non-cgear requires Mac Address, and Parameters to find your seed
-now that ivs are separated from nature, ability and shininess, once i hit my non-cgear seed i am already on my nature ability and shininess, all that is needed to be advanced is the frames for my ivs(for standing legends and pokemon eggs, as i believe roamers are not figured out yet) Wrong. Since PID and IV's are separate, that also means that when abused for an IV set that the PID does NOT coincide with the IV's.
-if i want to rng a shiny starter pokemon, ill need to know my starters ivs and use them for my ds parameters, and the only way to do this is by AR, or trading the starter over to another black or white cartridge and having someone else get my ivs for me, restarting the game and using those same ivs of my previous file for this one to get my parameters Uh, in a way. You need your DS' parameters, doesn't mean you have to have the starter IV's can by any Pokes from any save. As it's the >DS< parameters, not the games.
- and lastly parameters are constant and do not change no matter if you have black or white as they are only related to the ds system(i have lite) and the same parameters can be used on any file of either game(like a new restarted file) Yes as it's called DS PARAMETERS for the exact reason of it being for the DS and not the game.
it would be much appreciated if someone can pls straighten me out, if all this will be addressed in the guide then pls tell me, and im not even here...

You can still do cgear seeds on a DSi.

For example, if you have a DSi, you'd want to use the CGear seeds. =P
But it just depends on what spreads you get. You turn it on at the correct delay. You can start the game with it on or off. To do them, you start with it off and turn it on from inside the game. If that doesn't answer the question, I guess I'm not quite understanding what you're asking completely.
So if you're past the point in the game where you get the C-Gear, you can choose to use a C-Gear seed or a non-C-Gear seed for any RNG project (this excludes ID/SID abuse, since you won't have the C-Gear), but usually the spread you're after will be easier to get on one than the other?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So if you're past the point in the game where you get the C-Gear, you can choose to use a C-Gear seed or a non-C-Gear seed for any RNG project (this excludes ID/SID abuse, since you won't have the C-Gear), but usually the spread you're after will be easier to get on one than the other?
Yep. Usually things are easier on non-cgear since there's no delay. That is unless you have to do a ton of advancements, I suppose. But you can do cgear on any system after you get it.

Wrong. Shiny PID is still based upon ID/SID
I have some questions about this:

- So, ID/SID abuse is not only for shiny Starters/Roamers? I thought you could catch any shiny pokemon with any spread :P

- And, when you ID/SID abuse, are you only doing so for 1 shiny spread, or can you abuse for multiple shiny spreads?

Edit: Just downloaded RNGReporter 9. I was looking around, and when I was on the Parameter search window, there's somewhere you have to select your game and DS type. But, there are only option for Japanese BW. Will this be fixed for the US versions?

Toast++

I have some questions about this:

- So, ID/SID abuse is not only for shiny Starters/Roamers? I thought you could catch any shiny pokemon with any spread :P

- And, when you ID/SID abuse, are you only doing so for 1 shiny spread, or can you abuse for multiple shiny spreads?

Edit: Just downloaded RNGReporter 9. I was looking around, and when I was on the Parameter search window, there's somewhere you have to select your game and DS type. But, there are only option for Japanese BW. Will this be fixed for the US versions?
A shiny spread in 5th Gen basically includes ability and.. umm.. that's pretty much it. Nature is independent of pid although you will be limited to a specific subset for each pid. Ivs can be pretty much whatever you want them to be for a given pid.

To the edit, yes. The values are just a little different so they're not there. Not sure what those differences amount to. Probably just the location.

A shiny spread in 5th Gen basically includes ability and.. umm.. that's pretty much it. Nature is independent of pid although you will be limited to a specific subset for each pid. Ivs can be pretty much whatever you want them to be for a given pid.

To the edit, yes. The values are just a little different so they're not there. Not sure what those differences amount to. Probably just the location.
Yes, I know, but does that mean you can capture any shiny pokemon you want if you ID/SID abuse, or does ID/SID abuse only let you get shiny starters/roamers? Example: I want to abuse my ID/SID so I can get a shiny Naive HP Electric Oshawott. Will I also be able to capture shiny pokemon in the wild?

Yes, I know, but does that mean you can capture any shiny pokemon you want if you ID/SID abuse, or does ID/SID abuse only let you get shiny starters/roamers? Example: I want to abuse my ID/SID so I can get a shiny Naive HP Electric Oshawott. Will I also be able to capture shiny pokemon in the wild?
Any ID/SID can now get you a shiny.
Yes, if you get a shiny Oshawoot starter, you can get wild shinies later. Just not roamers.

None of those codes seems to work on my Black (retail cart, I bought it today). :/ Screen freezes and won't let me pass Pokémon Company logo.
New Page. There's nothing I can do for this? <.< I'll try to update my AR and see what happens...

// Just lol, I should've read the AR support first instead of trying to do anything on my own. :'D I managed to delete all of my codes including IV/EV check and such.

You hit both in this gen. No even/odd.
To your edit, that would make sense because there's no change in value between them. It's still based on the MAC address.
Is that so? I had a target delay of 4849 and I couldn't hit it for the good of it, until I changed my year from 2011 to 2010. No GBA games were inserted at the time.

After you advanced the frame correctly, you may use the IV frame check code to see if you are at the right point.
Target – Monster – 624*n – C = 0
C =<624; n being an integer.
C is the value displayed with the IV frame check code.

C + Monster Frame = Target Frame
Asking again if anyone can explain this to me, or give me an example of how it would be applied or something.

New Page. There's nothing I can do for this? <.< I'll try to update my AR and see what happens...

// Just lol, I should've read the AR support first instead of trying to do anything on my own. :'D I managed to delete all of my codes including IV/EV check and such.
Are you pressing any of those buttons before the badge screen? Because if you are, they'll freeze your game.

Is that so? I had a target delay of 4849 and I couldn't hit it for the good of it, until I changed my year from 2011 to 2010. No GBA games were inserted at the time.
That is so. You can hit both odds/evens now.

Toast++

The beta has been out for a while. I don't know if its been updated for non-japanese games yet (or if theres actually a difference) or not but if not it will be soon enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)