1. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Kiara

Kiara

Arigato,

Then it I go get my Cgear. Thanks ;)
  2. Enraikou

Enraikou

Is there a way to RNG the starters at the beggining of game? Not shiny, but IV.
  3. musicmeister

musicmeister

Yes, but you have to know your DS' parameters.
  4. Enraikou

Enraikou

what you mean by that? MAC adress?
  5. Toast++

Toast++ Butter Included.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Hidden values for non-cgear abuse. They're different for each DS.
  6. Enraikou

Enraikou

is it something about hexadecimal convertor?
  7. Toast++

Toast++ Butter Included.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Not even close. They're hidden values in the DS that are involved in the calculation of the starting seed. There's not a ton more I can tell you. Just wait til you get the game and the guide gets written up.
  8. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

What is the difference between a C-Gear seed and a non-C-Gear seed? All I know about the C-Gear is that it is basically B/W's equivalent of Pokétch/PokéGear.

Also, we don't know how to RNG on the DSi yet? That sucks... I have a DS (the original model) and a DSi, but the top screen on my DS is busted.
  9. Toast++

Toast++ Butter Included.
    Super Moderator

When you start the game it's initially seeded using a combination of hidden values and the current time to the second. This is a non-cgear seed. The cool thing here is that it's easy to hit because there's no delay.

When you turn the cgear on, the game is reseeded using the date/time, MAC address and delay. This is harder to hit because of the delay but easier to predict since there are no hidden values involved.

Unfortunately, DSi seems like it's still a little way off. The theory is that there's something else that is done on a DSi that isn't on others but no one (including the Japanese) has a solution for it.
  10. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.
    is a Pokemon Researcher

11. Showsni

Showsni

So, I've just picked the game up, not looking to RNG abuse yet, but hopefully somewhere down the line. Reading through, it seems that PIDs are independent of IVs? So, does that mean I don't need to bother with ID/SID abuse when I first start the game?
  12. musicmeister

musicmeister

Any ID/SID can work. The reason why people would abuse their ID/SID is 1) Lower PID frame, 2) Shiny Starters, 3) "Magic" PID frame for the roamers.
  13. Kiebin

Kiebin

What about Shiny Eggs?
  14. Bucky

Bucky

Can someone explain this to me a little more?
  15. RotatingAtom

RotatingAtom

We still need a code for checking the IV's of the first Pokémon in the party directly;
    prefably one that either converts the actual stats into the corresponding IV's.
    For the european english version, please.

With such a code, we could RNG from the start by IV-checking our starters.
  16. Kiebin

Kiebin

About the DS Parameter thing, does it also work with say Reshiram? Or must you use Sweet Scent
  17. Toast++

Toast++ Butter Included.
    Super Moderator

I believe the parameter search is based on how wild pokemon are generated. I know that Resh/Zek are similarly generated but since they're not 100% identical, I'd stay away from it until you hear otherwise.
  18. Kiebin

Kiebin

Okay. Since I have no AR, I'd have to find a location where there are Level 50+ Pokés then, thanks!
  19. Zerofocus

Zerofocus

What exactly is the IV MTRNG code needed for? Can I figure it out without an AR?
  20. Kiebin

Kiebin

When finding Parameters, do you activate the C-Gear?
  21. Fenix54

Fenix54

when will be released the reporter 9.0?
    I need to search a non cgear seed with my parameters T_T
  22. Dea

Dea

So, just to be 100% clear here: I won't need to RNG abuse my ID/SID to get flawless shiny legends?
  23. Zelen

Zelen

None of those codes seems to work on my Black (retail cart, I bought it today). :/ Screen freezes and won't let me pass Pokémon Company logo.
  24. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.
    is a Pokemon Researcher

i still have to do spanish, german, and french.
  25. RotatingAtom

RotatingAtom

Repost because of page flip and because others might be interested in this as well.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)