5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

This is my first attempt at RNGing in Black. I saved right in front of Reshiram.. But what does this mean?

editor's note: the whole point of RNG manipulation was to be able to get perfect Pokémon WITHOUT resorting to hacking. At all.

• Look up the RNG Value check codes for your game, and have them loaded and ready to go. You will need the MTRNG Check code, and the Frame check code. Know how to use them correctly.
• Enter your game, knowing the exact time you soft reset at (Date + Time). Write it down.

• Once in game, use the MTRNG Check code. Convert the decimal values to hex, and put them into RNG Reporter and generate the spread list.
These are the IVs you will get throughout the course of the game. Proceed to step 3.
How do you find those check codes if you have AR?

I searched and found perfect spreads on frame 1, 28, 30, and 31.

About frame 1(How sad, I know): After turning on the C-Gear, (brings me to frame 3), would the first pokemon I encounter's IVs be 31/31/31/31/X/Y? Or am I understanding this incorrectly :P

As for frame 28, I'll be using it for mainly breeding at the moment. To clarify...

Do 18 advancements: Withdraw 2 pokes from the PC inside the daycare, walk inside the daycare with 4 pokemon in my party for 128 steps.

Then use the PID seed checking codes (after turning the C-Gear back off to stop advancements)... What would be the best way to advance for that frame, and what is the equation to finding the advancements to reach that frame (Like IVs is Target frame - 10, PID is Target PID Frame - x; what's x)?
Reposting this; was not answered.

The issue with the drawbridge is that you have to wander back and forth until a spot with a Swanna shows up. Every 128 steps the IVRNG advances by the number of Pokemon in your party, and you are bound to hit that 128 steps over and over in the process.

You could try and find a good spread on frame 3, but even if you did, you would have to turn on the C-Gear right when the shadow of a Swanna appeared, and you have to get there before it disappears.
Oh, I see :/ Is it ok to just stand there until you see a shadow near you and go over to it, or will that do something to the frame even if you don't move?

What if you have a super high frame, like 553? Can you just turn on the C-Gear according to what your timer tells you, wait for a shadow to come like right next to you, stay in the battle for about 2-3 seconds, run, use a frame check code and see where you're at and if you're close enough, advance the frame by saving? Or is that to complicated?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I searched and found perfect spreads on frame 1, 28, 30, and 31.

About frame 1(How sad, I know): After turning on the C-Gear, (brings me to frame 3), would the first pokemon I encounter's IVs be 31/31/31/31/X/Y? Or am I understanding this incorrectly :P

As for frame 28, I'll be using it for mainly breeding at the moment. To clarify...

Do 18 advancements: Withdraw 2 pokes from the PC inside the daycare, walk inside the daycare with 4 pokemon in my party for 128 steps.

Then use the PID seed checking codes (after turning the C-Gear back off to stop advancements)... What would be the best way to advance for that frame, and what is the equation to finding the advancements to reach that frame (Like IVs is Target frame - 10, PID is Target PID Frame - x; what's x)?
Plug the result from the PID seed check codes to get you a list of your frames. Everything else you mentioned is correct.

Note for anybody else reading: you won't need an AR for seed prediction once we're done with the guide.

Oh, I see :/ Is it ok to just stand there until you see a shadow near you and go over to it, or will that do something to the frame even if you don't move?

What if you have a super high frame, like 553? Can you just turn on the C-Gear according to what your timer tells you, wait for a shadow to come like right next to you, stay in the battle for about 2-3 seconds, run, use a frame check code and see where you're at and if you're close enough, advance the frame by saving? Or is that to complicated?
If you don't move, you don't advance the RNG. If you don't advance the RNG, the shadows don't show up.

And that's too complicated to pull off, especially when there are better alternatives once RNG Reporter 9 gets its final release.

@Anyone
Do you guys RNG with a USA copy of Pokemon B/W or the Japanese?
Also how are you guys checking the IV's? I tried a code for DesMUME and it keeps freezing the emulator.

@Anyone
Do you guys RNG with a USA copy of Pokemon B/W or the Japanese?
Also how are you guys checking the IV's? I tried a code for DesMUME and it keeps freezing the emulator.
You can RNG C-Gear seeds on the English game, I believe. As I've seen some people do it, misa tinks.

We use an AR. Desmume doesn't support the Iv check code for whatever reason. Obviously. So you're going to have to use Pokegen or Pokesav B/W

Hey guys, I found a seed 112036C3, frame 12
I went to seed to time.
I found one for 2011 03 05 - 14:01:00 and 14:02:00, 610 delay.
I started my ds at 14:01 and I'm using a seconds clock to see when the time is 14:02, the second it runs 14:02, I turn on c-gear and run into the grass and catch pokemon. IV's are not the same, Seed to time says it cant find those ivs.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey guys, I found a seed 112036C3.
I went to seed to time.
I started my ds at 14:01 and I'm using a seconds clock to see when the time is 14:02, the second it runs 14:02, I turn on c-gear and run into the grass and catch pokemon. IV's are not the same, Seed to time says it cant find those ivs.
There's no way you're going to hit a 610 delay in 5th gen. Double that is generally the minimum. Also, use a timer, not a clock. We're talking 1/60th of a second here.

Hey guys, I found a seed 112036C3, frame 12
I went to seed to time.
Because it's impossible to hit a delay of 610. Minimum delay you search for should be 1500.

Okay, so help me out...
I have a new seed: 051F3ACD, frame 21, delay 1644, 07/08/11, 13:55:10.

Now what, I don't understand all this timer info.
I know i have to change my computers time, go into desmume, as the time reaches 13:55:10, I have to turn on c-gear and run into grass right?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay, so help me out...
I have a new seed: 051F3ACD, frame 21, delay 1644, 07/08/11, 13:55:10.

Now what, I don't understand all this timer info.
I know i have to change my computers time, go into desmume, as the time reaches 13:55:10, I have to turn on c-gear and run into grass right?
Ah.. emulator. In that case, there's no need for a timer. You have to watch the delay location (no, I don't know where it is) and wait for it to hit 1644.

ugh, been trying for a Timid Sync Munna all this time. Are we sure it wouldn't be easier to figure out how many times you have to save for Nature?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ugh, been trying for a Timid Sync Munna all this time. Are we sure it wouldn't be easier to figure out how many times you have to save for Nature?
Yes. That changes depending on the non C-Gear seed, and even if you could ask about that, nobody knows what the initial frame is. Not even the Japanese had that figured out.

Just go ask for a Timid Synchronizer in the stickied Simple Questions, Simple Requests thread.

Been there, still have that up. At this point I'm saving other Munnas (and a Musharna I found) in case someone w/ Timid needs another Sync.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Personally, I'd prefer if people get used to RNGing without the AR codes. Like I said, using an AR defeats the whole point of RNGing, which is to get great Pokemon without resorting to hacking. When I first asked for the RNG check codes to be created, they were supposed to be for research only.

Just calibrate your timing by catching high level Pokemon and checking their IVs, then you can go after Victini. There's no rush.

Somehow I thought I had a better grasp earlier.

So if I'm right: Set my DS clock at the same time Timer 1 starts.
Start game when timer 1 ends. Continue into game, preparing to press yes for C-Gear.
Press yes for C-gear when timer 2 ends, turn off c-gear, fight.

If I did that correctly, how am I going to determine its IVs at that low level?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Continue into game, preparing to press yes for C-Gear.
Press yes for C-gear when timer 2 ends, turn off c-gear, fight.
Just to be perfectly clear, that's Yes to turning on the C-Gear in-game, not at the Continue mentu. People turning it on at the Continue menu is the most common reason it doesn't work for people.

If I did that correctly, how am I going to determine its IVs at that low level?
Like I said, practice your calibrations on some high-level Pokemon first, and bring a few Rare Candies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)