5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Mac Address (last 6): F7-8A-3D
Desired Spread: 31/31/31/30/30/31 HP Ground
Year: 2011
Method 5 (C-Gear)
White Version
Frame: 40
Delay range: 1600-10000

I'm having a bit of trouble finding much of anything. What could I change so that I find good seeds?

Ok, so I have the general timer thing correct. Will re-attempt this tomorrow, maybe keep my settings and progress further first.

Thanks a bunch, I have the basic understanding, though not the experience, of RNGing legends. Will begin work on eggs when I actually beat the game.

Method 5 (C-Gear)
White Version

I'm having a bit of trouble finding much of anything. What could I change so that I find good seeds?
Delay, frame and year. That's what I did. Sometimes you won't really find the exact set of IVs that you want.

I'm trying to find the calibration, but the delay I'm getting seems to be varying by up to 80 or so between attempts.
Unless you are very accurately pressing the buttons the delay will always vary. Delays are pretty much trial and error. 80 is quite alot though.

Also a tip to those that have access to AR codes. Using the IVMTRNG code you can verify if you hit your C-Gear seed. The value given by the code will always correspond to a certain C-Gear seed. Please note that you can't get your actual seed using the actual values from the code.
I use this as a form of calibration where I check if I hit the required seed on a random encounter and write down the corresponding money value as edited by the IVMTRNG code.
You have to write down the Money value before an encounter!
Once you know what money value the IVMTRNG code is supossed to return, you can use it to check if you've hit your seed.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Method 5 (C-Gear)
White Version

p.s. you have that spread on seed 94ffaf25 (delay 9437), frame 30.
edit: and on aaffaa99 (delay 8273), frame 9! Search harder next time!

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here (<< a link to my youtube video)
Cuz you're doing it wrong? >.<

You don't put the seed like that. What you're looking at through your Trainer Card is your MTIVRNG which is basically the Non C Gear seed. Which won't show up in the seeds to time window.

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you calibrating? Are you trying to hit a C-Gear seed?

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here (<< a link to my youtube video)
The IVMTRNG check code will not give you your initial seed when using the C-Gear. To check your seed when C-Gear abusing you need to catch a Pokémon, and plug it's IV's into the Time Finder. You can't do this to verify before going for your actual capture however since the frame advances rapdily during battle. You can however do the following:
Also a tip to those that have access to AR codes. Using the IVMTRNG code you can verify if you hit your C-Gear seed. The value given by the code will always correspond to a certain C-Gear seed. Please note that you can't get your actual seed using the actual values from the code.
I use this as a form of calibration where I check if I hit the required seed on a random encounter and write down the corresponding money value as edited by the IVMTRNG code.
You have to write down the Money value before an encounter!
Once you know what money value the IVMTRNG code is supossed to return, you can use it to check if you've hit your seed.

Cuz you're doing it wrong? >.<

You don't put the seed like that. What you're looking at through your Trainer Card is your MTIVRNG which is basically the Non C Gear seed. Which won't show up in the seeds to time window.

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you calibrating? Are you trying to hit a C-Gear seed?
Calibrating so that I can hit a C gear seed. I don't have a sweet scenter so I wanted to use a code to see what seed I hit.

EDIT: Thanks TSK :).

Just out of interest, when I come round to learning to RNG in BW (gonna play through the game first!) can emloop still be used as the preferred timer, just because I am used to using this one

Are shinies only possible again if you know your SID? So you again ned an AR?
What are the easiest Pokemon to RNG abuse for? Stationary Legends, wild Pokemon, Pokemon you have to breed...
Is there any step counter which checks how many steps you walked?

p.s. you have that spread on seed 94ffaf25 (delay 9437), frame 30.
edit: and on aaffaa99 (delay 8273), frame 9! Search harder next time!
I will next time. So, when I hit my seed; do I walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party and then battle Victini?

Target - initial - starting = # of advancements?
9 - 3 - 1 = 5?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Are shinies only possible again if you know your SID? So you again ned an AR?
What are the easiest Pokemon to RNG abuse for? Stationary Legends, wild Pokemon, Pokemon you have to breed...
Is there any step counter which checks how many steps you walked?
Shininess in every generation has been determined through SID. It's not going to go away. So, yes. You'll need your SID. This doesn't require an AR, but it's probably the easiest for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)