5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here's the Victini I caught:
Mild Nature lvl 50
28-29,14-15,14-15,10-11,30-31,4-5

How do I go about finding the delay I hit? Would I just look and see which seed as many of these values?

Here's the info just incase:

Target Delay: 8273
Calibration: -95
Target second: 15
Seed: aaffaa99
MAC: F7-8A-3D
Date: 4/24/2011
Target time: 8:59:15
Started 3 minutes before target time
Probably need to raise its level a little. Get the exact IVs and use those. Alternatively, you could look yourself, but it'll be pretty tedious, I'd think.

Quick questions:

1) Do calibrated delay and second stay the same as HGSS? (480-490, 14)
2) If you're starting on frame 3 for C-Gear, would your HP IV be the 3rd or 4th number on the adjacent results?

Quick questions:

1) Do calibrated delay and second stay the same as HGSS? (480-490, 14)
2) If you're starting on frame 3 for C-Gear, would your HP IV be the 3rd or 4th number on the adjacent results?
1. No, Toast posted about it on the former page, he said about -95 for calibrated delay I think.

2. Yessur

Indulge a nub for a second, if you will.

The -95 delay calibration, we subtract 95 from the target delay, yes?

Please pardon me if I'm just being stupid. The wording just tripped me up a bit and I don't want to operate on false assumptions.

Indulge a nub for a second, if you will.

The -95 delay calibration, we subtract 95 from the target delay, yes?

Please pardon me if I'm just being stupid. The wording just tripped me up a bit and I don't want to operate on false assumptions.
Nope. It's 95 under zero.

Nope. It's 95 under zero.
So, say my target delay is 1232, what do I do to it?

EDIT to save space: Okay, it's too low. Say my delay is 45623, what do I do to it?

I'm aware the delay I just mentioned is too high, I just want to know if I add or subtract 95 from it. I'm aware it's a stupid question, but its tripping me up.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So, say my target delay is 1232, what do I do to it?

EDIT to save space: Okay, it's too low. Say my delay is 45623, what do I do to it?

I'm aware the delay I just mentioned is too high, I just want to know if I add or subtract 95 from it. I'm aware it's a stupid question, but its tripping me up.
You don't mess with it. There's a place for calibration and you put "-95" in it. It's actually there by default, I believe.

Shininess in every generation has been determined through SID. It's not going to go away. So, yes. You'll need your SID. This doesn't require an AR, but it's probably the easiest for now.
Ok thanks, but I still have these question:
What are the easiest Pokemon to RNG abuse for? Stationary Legends, wild Pokemon, Pokemon you have to breed...

You don't mess with it. There's a place for calibration and you put "-95" in it. It's actually there by default, I believe.
Emloop has that? I was unaware. I just added and subtracted from my delay each time. Or is this a different timer we are talking about?

EDIT: Danke. I'll mess with it after class.

Toast++

Emloop has that? I was unaware. I just added and subtracted from my delay each time. Or is this a different timer we are talking about?
I was referring to mine. Not sure about emloop. I believe you're going to want to add 95 for that.

Ok thanks, but I still have these question:
What are the easiest Pokemon to RNG abuse for? Stationary Legends, wild Pokemon, Pokemon you have to breed...
Stationary legends, I'd say. No NPCs is a good thing.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If it's a static -95, then I'm really not understanding the calibration process. The numbers I'm getting are a lot closer to my target when I use a calibration of 200.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I will (hopefully) attempt to RNG Reshiram later tonight. What I was wondering is do I SR when the first timer hits zero, or do I start the game (from my ARDSi start screen) when the first timer hits zero. Thanks for any help.

It's like 4th gen in which you start your game from the load game screen on the AR when the first timer hits 0.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's like 4th gen in which you start your game from the load game screen on the AR when the first timer hits 0.
Ok thanks. Another question (hopefully my last), what is an average seconds to use, or should I calibrate to find mine?

Toast++

Calibration is done by attempting to hit your seed. You can't calibrate as you've done for Gen IV.
Well.. you could. But just as in gen 4, it would only get you sort of close to what you need.

For anyone that for some reason would want to do it this way, calibration = delay - (seconds * 60) where delay and seconds are your results from button mashing.

Toast++

That's what I thought. So when I attempt to hit my seed I just pick a number for seconds?
Pick a number for target seconds, yes. Just like in gen 4. There is none of the annoying calibrated seconds crap. There should never have been in the first place, but that's a rant for another day.

Question:

Let's say I'm trying to RNG a stationary legend and my target frame is 42. Now let's say I advance to frame 42. How would I find out what seed I hit if the results only show the first 10 frames?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Question:

Let's say I'm trying to RNG a stationary legend and my target frame is 42. Now let's say I advance to frame 42. How would I find out what seed I hit if the results only show the first 10 frames?
You will have to manually adjust the Seed in the main RNGReporter window by 1 hex number at a time until you find it.

It's better to try to calibrate with as low a frame as possible before you start trying to capture the Pokemon you want for real.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 17)