5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I still can't figure out shiny Pokes.
So, in RNG reporter 9 Beta 1, it says my ID/SID will give me a certain PID "frame" shiny, but when I go to PIDRNG 2.1 it says it won't be shiny...

I still can't figure out shiny Pokes.
So, in RNG reporter 9 Beta 1, it says my ID/SID will give me a certain PID "frame" shiny, but when I go to PIDRNG 2.1 it says it won't be shiny...
I noticed the same problem,RNG and PIDRNG results are completely different.But OmegaDonut said that we can't ask here for help about shinies help,so if you want something contact me via PM

Question about frame advancement by walking steps:

I know 3 pokes in your party + 128 steps = 3 frames. 256 steps = 6 frames, etc. But what if I walk more than 128 but less than 256? Would it still be 3 frames?

Just got my Black today and I love playing it on my DSi, but I know for RNG you have to use a DS. So my question is would I be causing much damage if I do my WFC settings on my DSi now and just override them on DS later?

I noticed the same problem,RNG and PIDRNG results are completely different.But OmegaDonut said that we can't ask here for help about shinies help,so if you want something contact me via PM
He never said we couldn't talk about shinies. Just not shiny starters:

Locking this thread until more research is completed. If you try to circumvent this by asking about how to RNG your ID\SID, shiny starters, IV\seed check codes etc. elsewhere, you will be infracted.

Have you tried checking the frames that the RNGreporter tells you?, because PIDRNG was suppose to be a temporary program to calculate PIDs isn't it?, and also where do you check the PID frames for C-Gear seeds in the RNGreporter?

Have you tried checking the frames that the RNGreporter tells you?, because PIDRNG was suppose to be a temporary program to calculate PIDs isn't it?, and also where do you check the PID frames for C-Gear seeds in the RNGreporter?
I've been relying upon PIDRNG. As it seems to give accurate results. As some of the RNG reporter results said it was different, on my next Sandile I'll test a RNG reporter PID that PIDRNG 2.1 says is going to be different and see what happens.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've been relying upon PIDRNG. As it seems to give accurate results. As some of the RNG reporter results said it was different, on my next Sandile I'll test a RNG reporter PID that PIDRNG 2.1 says is going to be different and see what happens.
This is known.. er at least in PIDRNG. The wild XOR is dependent on ID/SID. In PIDRNG, we never got that differentiation in. OD may have the same problem on his side, but opposite, I don't know.

Yeah.. fairly temporary. There are plans for an RNG helper much like Kazo made for 4th gen, but that may or may not happen.

Question about frame advancement by walking steps:

I know 3 pokes in your party + 128 steps = 3 frames. 256 steps = 6 frames, etc. But what if I walk more than 128 but less than 256? Would it still be 3 frames?
It depends on what step you're on when you start. 128 is the only 100% safe number.

This is known.. er at least in PIDRNG. The wild XOR is dependent on ID/SID. In PIDRNG, we never got that differentiation in. OD may have the same problem on his side, but opposite, I don't know.
I'm trying to figure out shinies for Eggs. How would I accurately predict shinies?
With either program. As I just need to test and see if I can do it.

So I've been trying to RNG Reshiram.

I've added all of my info, such as the MAC Address, Method 5 (C-Gear,) I've edited the minimum delay, 1500, and maximum delay, 4000. The Max Frames were changed to 10, so it'd be easier to check the results after capturing Reshiram. Then I generate, and I got a seed with 4 frames (which is very good, btw.) So I took that seed and went to Seed to Time, changed my date and time on the DS, and then opened my ZomgTimer and inserted my Target Delay, put the Calibration Delay to -95, and then got the time. So I'm doing the process of the C-Gear and stuff, where when it hits zero, you turn on your C-Gear in game, I'm doing all of that correctly.

Now, I know when you turn on C-Gear you're starting on frame 3. I use Repel, and after those 100 steps I walk another 28 steps. I then battle Reshiram. By the way, the only Pokemon I have in my party is Munna with Timid Synch, so when I walk 128 steps the frames only advance by 1, and I'm using the Master Ball. I catch it, and check the IVs. Now when I try to get the results of the IVs, NONE of the results show the IVs I just got. And I know this because I am looking at the 4th IV on RNGReporter since I started on frame 4.. so I don't know what's it that I'm doing wrong. I've done this over 4 times already.

Is it because I'm using a DSi so the MAC Address is "wierd?" Can anyone explain this to me?

Okay, I need tutoring on CPs in Black, I have succesfully done Victini, and now I'm trying to get a Water Absorb Bold Frillish. VM/PM me :o

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm trying to figure out shinies for Eggs. How would I accurately predict shinies?
With either program. As I just need to test and see if I can do it.
Eggs are really weird in this gen and end up skipping frames before creating the PID. The number of frames skipped is variable. I created the process in PIDRNG that finds them but Bond has since told me that it's still not always right.

As you may know, the PID is used in the process to determine shininess. It makes it kinda hard to guarantee the accuracy.

When hitting "Yes" on the C-Gear ingame, do you have to hit it until it begins loading, or can you just hit "Yes" on the C-Gear and leave it at the warning screen?

Okay, so I'm trying to see if it's possible to get a starter with good IV's (as well as shininess). I'm wondering if it's possible to figure out my target seed and frame right now. Obviously I'm going to have to have a non C-Gear seed for this. I also have an Action Replay, if that will help me out with this in any way. If someone could help me out with these problems I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Look here:
I am reopening this thread, but only under one condition:

All questions must be related to C-Gear RNGing. No asking about RNGing for your starters, your ID\SID, non C-Gear RNGing (which includes RNGing for shinies), etc. If you do, you will be infracted.

We should have a new version of RNG Reporter out by next Sunday, and you can ask those questions then.

When hitting "Yes" on the C-Gear ingame, do you have to hit it until it begins loading, or can you just hit "Yes" on the C-Gear and leave it at the warning screen?
You wait before hitting yes, when the second timer hits 0, hit the yes button. Than tap the bottom screen as fast as you can after you hit yes, and open your bag than trainer card as fast as you can.

Does RNG'ing screw up Black City/White Forest? I've read that setting DS timer often can make trainers leave.

are there any ID/SID/IV/PID related backwards non-cgear seed look ups available?
i understand that DSi seeds cannot be searched for with the current techniques, but i wouldn't mind trial and erroring my way into getting an acceptable seed if i were able to look up the frames available for it

don't mind using gts to get my PID values
using SID seems like it would be a bigger chore, having to make a new game and get to gts for every time i'd want to look up a seed, but i'd still do it, if that's the way

Reporter supports english when?

I forgot if the current RNG reporter can give IV spreads for non-japanese versions of the game... I know I should probably not ask such a dumb question, but I just want to know. If it doesn't will it be supported with the new release Sunday? And if 'no' to that question, when will it support the non-Japanese games? Thank you in advance for putting up with my stupidity...

Is there an initial calibration phase for Black/White when using C-gear seeds, and if so what is it and is it possible to calibrate it without the use of an Action Replay?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Just got my Black today and I love playing it on my DSi, but I know for RNG you have to use a DS. So my question is would I be causing much damage if I do my WFC settings on my DSi now and just override them on DS later?
You can C-Gear RNG on a DSi and DSi XL. I've personally RNG'd Victini and Zekrom on my DSi XL.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Is there an initial calibration phase for Black/White when using C-gear seeds, and if so what is it and is it possible to calibrate it without the use of an Action Replay?
C-Gear RNG with no calibration and see what seed you get, and adjust your calibration from there.

For example if your target is a 2000 delay seed, and you hit 1950, your calibration would be adjusted by 50. EonTimer and ZomgTimer will do this for you, just enter what delay you actually hit and hit Update and it will input the correct calibration for you.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I forgot if the current RNG reporter can give IV spreads for non-japanese versions of the game... I know I should probably not ask such a dumb question, but I just want to know. If it doesn't will it be supported with the new release Sunday? And if 'no' to that question, when will it support the non-Japanese games? Thank you in advance for putting up with my stupidity...
C-Gear Seeds are not dependent on what version game you play. They are only dependent on your DS's MAC address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)