5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I appreciate the thought, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. I talked to Kaphotics last night on #smogonwifi and he said the reporter was set up to handle the frame 60 part. Frame 1 is frame 1 for all intents. Unless I'm misunderstanding him and the guide.
you probably misunderstood

search from 60-100 frames.

Wondercard IVs come from the PIDRNG, and Reporter DOES NOT account for the initial offset (button) as far as I am aware.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Sorry bout that boss. So basically, I should
  • search for spreads between frames 60 and 100
  • try the first one with 0 advancements and determine which frame (IVs) that I'm hitting
  • look down the list and see how many advancements I'd have to do to reach my target frame (IVs)

You had mentioned before that the nature would be screwey. Would it be "shifted", where I could predict which nature it would be by seeing how far "shifted" it is, or will it be unpredictable? Reason being, if I can tell what it will be by how far off the 0 advancement nature is compared to the IVs it gives, I could tell ahead of time whether or not I was going to get the nature I wanted on that seed so I wouldn't have to waste the time of trying it and seeing what I get.

If it's unpredictable (or hard to predict) I'll just try it and see till I eventually get Timid.

As always, thank you so much for your help.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Lets say your target is frame 70. Your nature would be the one from frame 70-74 instead.

It's dependent on the PIDRNG, and with different seeds you'll get different "shifts" of nature on every seed.

If there's no target nature within 4 frames of your target frame, don't try the seed.

My guide on how to RNG them has been moved to the front page.

I'm having problems calibrating my overseas White game to try my hand at the shiny Golurk event. So two questions...

1) Are there any distinctions between calibrating for a North American game and a Japanese game I need to know?

2) Is there anything special I need to know about Wondercards?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Mirrored to Post#4
How to RNG the Golurk/Hydregion Japanese Shiny Wondercard

Setup
  • You must have calibrated and at least know how to control the PIDRNG with Chatot.
  • Be in the Elite Four Pokemon Center, as there are no NPCs there (ez abuse)
  • Have a Shiny Wondercard ready to receive, with no more than 5 Pokemon in your party (including Chatot).

Procedure
  1. Search for Wondercard seeds with the frame range 60-100, with ANY nature selected.
    • Wondercard IVs and PID/Nature are based off the PIDRNG completely. No MTRNG is used.
  2. Once you have a vast array of seeds, test each one out to see if you are able to hit that frame due to the initial offset of the game.
    • This is done by pressing the Calculate Initial Frame Button.
    • All possible target frames must be at least 2 frames after the initial frame.
  3. Now look at your target frame, and the frame exactly after your target. Is your desired nature on this frame (+1)?
    • If no, throw away that seed.
    • If yes, keep that seed as a potential target.
  4. Once you have narrowed down your seeds from RNG Reporter to one(s) that have your target nature...
  5. Hit your seed, do Initial - Target Frame - 3 = Advancements Needed
    • Verify the IVs of the Pokemon. Did you hit your target frame (IVs) and get the nature from the next frame?
      • If no, try again and hit your frame.
      • If yes, you are done with this Wondercard.

Detailed Information mation Information on Shiny Wondercards:
  • It takes more than the usual amount of frames to calculate a Shiny PID.
  • Since the last RNG Reporter update was before we had knowledge of the Shiny Wondercard method, you will have to take a little bit more time to abuse.
  • The game generates a shiny PID with the "Current Seed" and Card IDs.
    • Since the game generates the IVs before PID, the IVs are predictable.
    • However, the game generates nature AFTER the PID.
    • The trick of this is that the subsequent frame will have the nature.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Kaphotics. You consistently amaze me. Thanks for pointing out that excellent guide.

I know that the PC at the E4 has no RMNPCs, but I'm not quite that far yet. I'm currently saved in the PC in the town just before that. There are two NPCs you can talk to, but I've sat there watching them and they have not moved at all over a matter of minutes. I've also been getting consistent nature/IVs it "seems" (haven't verified seeds/frames because I was at work when I Reset all those times). I think it should be safe to do it in this PC too. Any reason I couldn't?

[edit]
Incase anyone wants to do it in the City just before Victory Road, there are no RMNPCs in that PC either. I just reset and immediately picked up, then reset and picked up after letting it set for 10 minutes and got the same starting frame.

[edit 2]
/me is always looking for the easiest way to do this crap
I've just looked at my first seed, and I could be wrong, but I think I see an easier way to do this. When you pick up the WC without advancing to determine your starting frame, could you look at the "nature shift" for that particular seed, then look at your target frame and determine right then and there what nature you would get without wasting the time of resetting/advancing/checking to see?

Here's what I got:
It calculated the starting PID at Frame 46 (in pic). With 0 advancements I got Frame 48 (highlighted in pic). The predicted nature was Docile (in the pic), but I ended up getting Serious which was the nature predicted for the next frame.
After hitting my seed and doing 19 advancements I ended up landing on my target frame (highlighted in pic). The predicted nature was Brave (in the pic). However, I got Gentle, which was the nature predicted for the next frame.

Do you think this is a pattern we could follow? Check the initial frame with 0 advancements. See how far your nature is shifted for that seed, and then predict what your target frame's nature will be based on that shift?

I'll try it on another seed.

[edit 3]
Tried it on another seed.

Predicted frame 50 as the starting frame. Got Frame 52 IVs with no advancements. Got Frame 53 Nature though (shifted down one frame just like last time). My target frame is 94, which has a predicted nature of Timid. The nice thing is that the next frame has a Timid nature too... so... let's hope I'm right... or at least lucky. :p

[edit 4]
Well, either I got really lucky or I'm right (could be lucky, has happened, a lot).

I hypothesized from my first look that you could predict your target frame's nature based on how shifted your 0 advancement reset nature was. I saw that on this seed my 0 advancement reset nature was shifted one frame down, and predicted that my target frame's nature would be Timid (the nature predicted one frame down from my target frame). I reset, did my advancements, and VIOLA it was Timid.

This could just be luck, but I think it's worth looking into. It could save you the time of doing like 40 advancements (especially if you don't have a chattot on your cart) just to find out you wouldn't have gotten the nature you wanted anyway.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
ACTUALLY

Totally spaced back then when I was researching it, it's not a variant amount of frames.

The unshiny chews up 4 frames in between IVs and PID.
The shiny chews up 5 frames in between IVs and PID.

heh, ez. Also, the initial offset seems like +2, conforming to what I got as well.

Thanks for bringing that up, mattj. Post updated!

not sure on the golurk

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Thanks bro. That makes this significantly easier for anyone who wants to try it. Infact, pretty easy overall.

Can anyone help me?
I've set up all my DS parameters correctly, and I'm simply RNGing for a wild encounter, whilst surfing.

Every time I set up the time for a seed, if my Timer0 is C7E, then I hit the same seed at the same time as if it was C7F, but if I calculate it with my Timer0 being C7F, I seem to hit C7E seeds.

What do?

Red

Can anyone help me?
I've set up all my DS parameters correctly, and I'm simply RNGing for a wild encounter, whilst surfing.

Every time I set up the time for a seed, if my Timer0 is C7E, then I hit the same seed at the same time as if it was C7F, but if I calculate it with my Timer0 being C7F, I seem to hit C7E seeds.

What do?
Lol, Either keep trying, or advance to a Diffrent PID frame. Or search a new seed. :)

NVM

I know a n00bish question, but here it is. :-
I have RNGed 50 pokemons on the 5th gen now.
But now, on my new game, whose parameters I have found, and a breeding seed too, I can not seem to find correct results in PIDRNG.
Either the IVs or the nature are incorrect.
Does anyone know, what can cause this?

I have a question about the roamers, the IV's shift right?
Like, the speed IV stat shifts to SpA stat, and the HP stat shifts to Def, the Def shifts to Atk stat, and Atk shifts to HP? am i wrong?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have a question about the roamers, the IV's shift right?
Like, the speed IV stat shifts to SpA stat, and the HP stat shifts to Def, the Def shifts to Atk stat, and Atk shifts to HP? am i wrong?
You're somewhat right. It just changes from HP/Atk/Def/SpA/Spd/Spe to HP/Atk/Def/Spe/SpA/Spd.

You're somewhat right. It just changes from HP/Atk/Def/SpA/Spd/Spe to HP/Atk/Def/Spe/SpA/Spd.
Thanks!

Found this seed: PKMN Black-Frame 1 30/26/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70 with a shiny roamer PID frame on 263, Naive nature.
Can i hit that PID if i make the necessary chatters inside the old ladys house, get out, quickly mash A, and check the pokedex to see if its shiny?

Thanks!

Found this seed: PKMN Black-Frame 1 30/26/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70 with a shiny roamer PID frame on 263, Naive nature.
Can i hit that PID if i make the necessary chatters inside the old ladys house, get out, quickly mash A, and check the pokedex to see if its shiny?
Nope, that PID is too low, aim for 650+.

Thanks!

Are you saying that i only need to check pokedex when i'm Looking for a shiny roamer and i don't need to meet it around unova? i didn't know that...

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Are you saying that i only need to check pokedex when i'm Looking for a shiny roamer and i don't need to meet it around unova? i didn't know that...
yes that's what he's saying, but you won't know what you actually hit

edit: duh
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

How is RNG capturing a shiny flawless stationary legendary different than RNG breeding for shiny flawless eggs? I am able to do the latter but don't know how it is different/similar to RNG captures.
Like, would I still chatter to advance the PID frame?

How is RNG capturing a shiny flawless stationary legendary different than RNG breeding for shiny flawless eggs? I am able to do the latter but don't know how it is different/similar to RNG captures.
Like, would I still chatter to advance the PID frame?
You can do eggs but you can't do stationaries? O_o
Stationaries are pretty much the easiest things to RNG. Yes you chatter to advance the PID frame. Chattering is always the preferred method to advance the PID frame 'cause saving/walking/everything else sucks.
Of course an IVRNG frame 1 spread is best but if you have to resort to a higher frame (and your stationary is not in an area with NPCs) you can use the formula Kaphotics posted approximate how the frames advance.

Current Frame ~=Initial frame + steps *(377/170) + turns *2

You can do eggs but you can't do stationaries? O_o
Stationaries are pretty much the easiest things to RNG. Yes you chatter to advance the PID frame. Chattering is always the preferred method to advance the PID frame 'cause saving/walking/everything else sucks.
Of course an IVRNG frame 1 spread is best but if you have to resort to a higher frame (and your stationary is not in an area with NPCs) you can use the formula Kaphotics posted approximate how the frames advance.

Current Frame ~=Initial frame + steps *(377/170) + turns *2
but since I'm trying to RNG a landorus, where there are NPCs, will I have to use a an IV frame of 1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)