5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yes and no.

Also, make sure you check the Ditto Parent box in RNG Reporter.
So, all that ditto parent does is make the ditto the female parent?
And thus Female IVs come from the Ditto and male from the supposedly "Male" parent?

P.S. I want to try NidoQueen and Milktank.:P

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ditto will always be the FEMALE, and when breeding with a Ditto, you cannot pass a DW ability.
As bearsfan said, no.

To further explain though:
People think this is true because only female DW pokemon pass on the abilities. Since you can't with a ditto, they assume it's the female. In reality, a ditto just causes it to be impossible and gender is not a factor. If you've ever noticed in RNG Reporter that inheritance isn't the same between ditto parents and non-ditto parents. That's because the DW calc is just skipped.

Im having a problem with one of my RNGs. Im using hitmontop and ditto, ditto being the female. I want a shiny flawless adamant spread but everytimr i try and hatch the egg it comes out as a nonshiny tyrogue who's nature doesnt even show up in the seed inspector. Is there something different with dittos? I have the box checked with ditto. Ant help is appreciated

Red

Im having a problem with one of my RNGs. Im using hitmontop and ditto, ditto being the female. I want a shiny flawless adamant spread but everytimr i try and hatch the egg it comes out as a nonshiny tyrogue who's nature doesnt even show up in the seed inspector. Is there something different with dittos? I have the box checked with ditto. Ant help is appreciated
I don't know, thos is a bit wierd. Could possibly the hitmon fAmily can only be male play a factor in this? would that mess it up?

How many times have you been hitting your seed? Is it consistent? Or it could be that NPC's are advancing your frame by a lot also. I believe there are like 8

I know a n00bish question, but here it is. :-
I have RNGed 50 pokemons on the 5th gen now.
But now, on my new game, whose parameters I have found, and a breeding seed too, I can not seem to find correct results in PIDRNG.
Either the IVs or the nature are incorrect.
Does anyone know, what can cause this?
Remind this problem please.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Remind this problem please.
Are you sure your RNG Reporter used your NEW Parameters for your NEW game, and not the old ones? And is your new game on the same version (Black or White)? That could be the problem.

Are you sure your RNG Reporter used your NEW Parameters for your NEW game, and not the old ones? And is your new game on the same version (Black or White)? That could be the problem.
Yep, new parameters and new game.
But, the thing is, now I can not hit the seed of my old game!

Red

Yep, new parameters and new game.
But, the thing is, now I can not hit the seed of my old game!
If you are using a different DS, you cannot use your old Seeds. Why would you search your parameters again, if you are using the same DS? If that were the case, you could use your old seeds only of you are using the same DS, and same game

If you are using a different DS, you cannot use your old Seeds. Why would you search your parameters again, if you are using the same DS? If that were the case, you could use your old seeds only of you are using the same DS, and same game
I am saying that, now I can not even hit my old seeds on my old game on my old DS.
Another Problem:-
RNG reporter is not searching for more than 2 secs for a seed with 3 keypresses?
It is searching through just 0 seeds. D:

Red

I am saying that, now I can not even hit my old seeds on my old game on my old DS.
Another Problem:-
RNG reporter is not searching for more than 2 secs for a seed with 3 keypresses?
It is searching through just 0 seeds. D:
If you are trying shiny, you have a new SID. Since you have a new SID, you can't use your shiny seeds

@ King N:-
You could try uninstalling RNG reporter and download it again, trying with the new DL'd one. If that doesn't work, it's probably something you forgot (Parameters, timer0 being a dick, and random stuff).

EDIT: your problem may be that while you've been RNGing your "new file", your "old file with old DS" might need a new parameters search, timer0 fluctuates from time to time so it might help.

Is it possible to RNG breed dream world abilities? And if so, is there a good guide on how to do it? I can already rng non dw flawless shinies if that helps.

its pretty much the same. you have to have a female that has the dw ability and another parent that isnt ditto. im not sure how it works in RNG reporter, but in pprng, you just click the dw tab before you search the seed.

its pretty much the same. you have to have a female that has the dw ability and another parent that isnt ditto. im not sure how it works in RNG reporter, but in pprng, you just click the dw tab before you search the seed.
Oh ok, I didn't know you can't use ditto. I have RNG reporter and there is a tab you click that specifies the dream world ability, so hopefully I'll be able to make this work. Thanks
Edit: Worked. Thanks again

ok, tornadus is my nightmare, so the problem is: i've hit three times in a row a hasty tornadus on frame 734 (roaming list), and now i want to start a new game to make it shiny. i've opened 5th gen pandora box, and i have to insert my seed and the frame my shiny should be on. first of all: should i insert the frame i read in the list generated for roaming pokemon or should i find the target pid in the list of stationary pokemon, and then use the frame of this list? if so, why can't i find roaming's pid in stationary pokemon list?

I dunno how many times I've written this, gets kinda tiresome.

k with your roamer seed, go to the main window of RNG reporter and c/p the seed BUT change the encounter type to "Wild". Look for a frame with a nature you like on 650+. Then switch it to "roamer" and see if that same nature is a few frames away from the wild one.

Ie Wild - Naive; frame 665. Switch to roamer -> Naive; frame 668.

If you find a frame but the roamer frame doesn't have that same nature a few frames away keep looking until you find that match.

Then take the roamer seed into Pandora's box and enter the WILD frame, NOT roamer. Look at your results and look for the "True" thing, because like with starters, roamers will be shiny if it says true (thanks to Chev4 on that tip).

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok, tornadus is my nightmare, so the problem is: i've hit three times in a row a hasty tornadus on frame 734 (roaming list), and now i want to start a new game to make it shiny. i've opened 5th gen pandora box, and i have to insert my seed and the frame my shiny should be on. first of all: should i insert the frame i read in the list generated for roaming pokemon or should i find the target pid in the list of stationary pokemon, and then use the frame of this list? if so, why can't i find roaming's pid in stationary pokemon list?
pandora's doesnt hone in on the right frame, in the next release it will allow PID to be entered instead of seed/frame.

For now, you have to guess and check frames and make sure that your intended hasty frame is shiny. I suggest you have 2 copies of reporter open because Pandora's locks you out of the main window.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)