5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Actually, it doesn't matter if there are any NPCs, since the PID doesn't matter for parameter searching. You just want to do it somewhere with high-level Pokémon, so you get a narrower IV range.

And yeah, once you have your parameters, you can go for your egg.

I see. :) I think I'm just stuck in gen 4 way of RNG-thinking.. where you'll be doing it all on the same save. I thought it would all change everything if I did a new save after finding my parameters.

Reposting since it was the last post on the other page:

Use eontimer. Timer0 fluctuating is a time-based thing. Possibly based on the RTC.
How would I use eontimer to help? I did chose different times for each Calibration I did just FYI if that makes a differense although only one was a different month and year. The others the same but different times. And uh.. RTC? Dx

in the inside of dragon spiral tower(you know next the area you go after the gollet area(where you battled tame plasma grunts)) there are no wild pokemon so do your iv frame advancements there ,and enter the gollet area.and sweet scent without walking anymore once you enter the area(and leaving a area such as through a door does not count as a step.but im not sure about places like route 3 and 4 as there is no gate between them)
I had completely forgot about that area not having wild encounters. Im betting going between routes is a normal step, and I couldnt find the info about entering a door/area anywhere. Thank you very much!

Im trying to teach a friend how to RNG and he only has a 3DS. So my question, is it possible to RNG using a 3DS. i cant seem to set it up, while doing a parameter search nothing comes up.

Im trying to teach a friend how to RNG and he only has a 3DS. So my question, is it possible to RNG using a 3DS. i cant seem to set it up, while doing a parameter search nothing comes up.
yes its possible.make sure you entered the data correctly to the ds parameter finder.and normally i think when hiting a standard seed you have to start 8 seconds before your target time(not like a or 2 secs like in dsi/dslite etc)
a screenshot of the ds parameter finder with your data would be helpful

I see. :) I think I'm just stuck in gen 4 way of RNG-thinking.. where you'll be doing it all on the same save. I thought it would all change everything if I did a new save after finding my parameters.
remember not to press any button when opening the game (from the ds menu), or you may not find the parameters (you can start pressing buttons from the beginning of the game freak animation onwards).

Quick question, you know the current Reshiram/Zekrom distributions, are they GLAN because Reshiram is only found in white and vice versa, or normal wondecard rng? Thanks

I'm new to the entire RNG scene, although in the past few weeks I've learnt how to abuse IVs for not just stationary but wild Pokémon with great success. Naturally, I've stepped onto looking at how to RNG Eggs, but I'm having literally no luck at all. I'm hitting a particular seed, so the application of the method I've got right but probably not the starting seed, or being unsure of what it is I'm trying to hit. If somebody could help me get my head around this it'd be greatly appreciated as I've tried reading as many guides as I can find, followed the RNG videos, and not really understanding where I'm going wrong.

I'm trying to hit this seed;

Seed - 81B51DD755BDA3A8
Frame - 60
Modest / Female / 31 / 20 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / Ability 0 (Swift Swim)
Ditto Parent (Female / Modest / Everstone) / Ludicolo (Male)
Time given - 03/01/2012 - 19:00:41
My ID is 34497, my MAC address is 001BEA6F1765, I'm using a DS Lite and I'm on Pokémon White.

Now it tells me that the starting frame is 52, when I'm trying to hit the frame of 60; I could be doing something incredibly daft here but I'm assuming that means I need to move the frames on by 8, so I do the Chatot trick, hatch the eggs and I get this;

Lotad - #270 (Modest) : 20 - 21 / 24 - 25 / 31 / 6 - 7 / 31 / 31 - Female - Swift Swim

I've hit that same seed/Pokémon 4 times now.. any help would be brilliant thanks.

I'm new to the entire RNG scene, although in the past few weeks I've learnt how to abuse IVs for not just stationary but wild Pokémon with great success. Naturally, I've stepped onto looking at how to RNG Eggs, but I'm having literally no luck at all. I'm hitting a particular seed, so the application of the method I've got right but probably not the starting seed, or being unsure of what it is I'm trying to hit. If somebody could help me get my head around this it'd be greatly appreciated as I've tried reading as many guides as I can find, followed the RNG videos, and not really understanding where I'm going wrong.

Seed - 81B51DD755BDA3A8
Frame - 60
My ID is 34497, my MAC address is 001BEA6F1765, I'm using a DS Lite and I'm on Pokémon White.

Now it tells me that the starting frame is 52, when I'm trying to hit the frame of 60; I could be doing something incredibly daft here but I'm assuming that means I need to move the frames on by 8, so I do the Chatot trick, hatch the eggs and I get this;

Lotad - #270 (Modest) : 20 - 21 / 24 - 25 / 31 / 6 - 7 / 31 / 31 - Female - Swift Swim

I've hit that same seed/Pokémon 4 times now.. any help would be brilliant thanks.
one of these two is the problem:

-nor ditto neither ludicolo have IVs at 31 in HP, attack and S. attack.

-you don't know what inheritance is (asd).

do you select the method "breeding BW" in the main window? it shows you the inheritance (remember to check the "ditto parent" option).

Seed - 81B51DD755BDA3A8
Frame - 60

Route 3 have NPCs that mess with your starting frame. In my game, the NPCs advance 3 or 4 frames before I can open de menu.
You should take the NPCs advancement into consideration when abusing on Route 3.

one of these two is the problem:

-nor ditto neither ludicolo have IVs at 31 in HP, attack and S. attack.

-you don't know what inheritance is (asd).

do you select the method "breeding BW" in the main window? it shows you the inheritance (remember to check the "ditto parent" option).
I'm very certain of my parent's IVs; Ludi is 31/x/x/31/31/31 and the Ditto is flawless. But thanks anyway =]

Route 3 have NPCs that mess with your starting frame. In my game, the NPCs advance 3 or 4 frames before I can open de menu.
You should take the NPCs advancement into consideration when abusing on Route 3.
I've looked into that but I'm not hitting anywhere near my seed. I can only assume I'm either not beginning correctly, although I'm getting the time right. I've looked into trying to counter the effect the NPCs have by counting the steps they take, but.. I'm just at a loss.

The starting frame is found through RNG Reporter, which I'm beginning on.. unless I'm wrong there?

whoops I completely misunderstood the situation. I thought that these IVs: "31 / 20 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31" were those that you wanted to get, so I thought that the normal IV spread had only 3 IVs at 31 and you wanted to inherit the others in order to make them become 31, 31 and 20. I have been deceived by the fact that the nature, gender and ability were right, so I thought you got the right seed.

Alright, so I've been trying a lot and I've had no luck. Like, at all. Initially I save in Cheren's Victory Road room, but the Pokemon there are too low leveled so the ivs aren't exact. Instead I saved in Kyurem's cave and caught the wild Pokemon there. Still no luck. Finally I decided I might as well try with Kyurem who's level 75. In addition I have 14 rare candies so I can raise him to level 89, giving me his exact ivs. Problem is no matter what I do I never get any results. Here are my exact steps, which I've been doing according to this video guide:

1. Open RNG Reporter 9.94 Beta. Click DS parameters (new window opens).

2. Set time, select game and DS model (DS phat), insert MAC address.

3. Select game from DS menu at exact time I specified in RNG reporter.* Don't press any buttons until N's coronation scene.

4. Saved right in front of Kyurem, immediately talk to it, and catch it using master ball.

5. Raise to level 89.

6. Calculate ivs using RNG Reporter's built in iv calculator. With the exception of one, all ivs are exact.

5. Click 'search'. No results.

*I think here is where the problem lies. For example, I set the time to 7:30:35. The DS's seconds hand ticks and when it hits 35, I start the game. Am I supposed to press A exactly when the seconds hand moves to 35 or am I supposed to press A immediately after it hits 35?

Of course, that might not even be the problem. :P In any case, I'm at a loss of what to do. What do I do?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
You shouldn't need exact IVs (just put in the range the calculator gives you), so don't worry too much about that. It seems like you're doing everything right, so it's possible you entered something incorrectly (for instance, someone a while ago had trouble because they accidentally put O instead of 0 in their MAC address). Double-check everything you typed in, and try posting a screenshot of the parameter finder.

Also, make sure the date you have in the parameter finder is the same date your DS is set to. Maybe you forgot to do that (you mentioned setting the DS time, but nothing about the date).

I think im screwing up the calibration part (I have original game so can't do the handy trick to check IVs quickly), I use an arceus that is at the deepest clearing (not with the rest but his own isolated clearing) and have my tyrogue (which i want to RNG) in the first clearing, does it matter if tyrouge is in the middle when im walkin to capture the Arceus?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I think im screwing up the calibration part (I have original game so can't do the handy trick to check IVs quickly), I use an arceus that is at the deepest clearing (not with the rest but his own isolated clearing) and have my tyrogue (which i want to RNG) in the first clearing, does it matter if tyrouge is in the middle when im walkin to capture the Arceus?
The tyrogue in the first clearing might screw up the calibration.
Try to move it to the deepest clearing.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
That will only affect the nature, which doesn't matter for calibration, so don't worry about that. But you might be tripping the 128-step counter, so try expanding your frame range if you haven't already.

if you have 2 ds's and both black and white i just catch the pokemon in the entralink and then get back from the entralink,then start my other ds and through that games entralink i start a level 100 battle and i can check the exact ivs from that.and because it doesnt require to save i can still reset and rng if it isnt right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)