5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Were your results consistent? Like, did you keep getting the same pokemon all the time? If you answered yes then maybe you should do your parameters once again because it seems like you're using your flawed timer0.
No I kept getting the same two Pokemon, and both of them were always at the same level each time. And I've RNG'd a couple times before, and hit my time multiple times, I know I have the right timer0.

Are you getting the right IVs?
YES. I just figured that out, I am usually getting a ferroseed (which is encounter slot 5 with it's level), with the Iv's that I want. But my RNG reporter tells me encounter slot 3, and yes I am in the right part of chargestone cave (but even if I wasn't it wouldnt matter because all of the encounter slots remain the same for each level).

So am I doing something wrong? Or was there an error?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Your target PID frame. That seed starts on 50, and frame 52 (which is what you'd land on after two advances) has an encounter slot of 5.

Alright, yeah I did 3 instead of 2 and got it. Thanks.

And what does it mean when you search for standard seeds and under required lead it says "cute charm (75% m)"?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Alright, yeah I did 3 instead of 2 and got it. Thanks.

And what does it mean when you search for standard seeds and under required lead it says "cute charm (75% m)"?
It means your lead has to have Cute Charm, and the Pokémon you're trying to catch has to have a 75% male/25% female gender ratio.

I've been trying to capture a relaxed Ferroseed in Chargestone Cave to use as a parent by using the Sweet Scent technique. My problem is that whenever I use a specific date/time combination for the RNG, I come across a Pokemon with the correct IVs, but it is either not a Ferroseed or it is a Ferroseed with a nature that does not correspond to my Munna's Synchronize. I've only been using 1 frame so as not to over-complicate things (newbie to RNGing) as I haven't quite got to grips with frames/advances etc.

Is this a common problem when using RNG and, if so, is there a way to generate my desired Pokemon and nature? I spent the whole of yesterday trying to decipher the RNG Mechanics tutorials on the Smogon main site but to no avail.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
To control the Pokémon and nature you get, you have to manipulate the PIDRNG. Make sure you're saved on B1F (there's no moving NPCs there, which makes things a lot easier), put your seed into the main window of RNG Reporter under the Gen 5 PIDRNG method, click Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame, then click Generate. Find the first frame that is either Relaxed or synch-able (bolded nature) that has an encounter slot for Ferroseed (RNG Reporter has a list of encounter slots in the 5th Gen Tools menu), find out how many frames are between where it starts and your target, and save that many times (for instance, if it starts on frame 48 and the first frame with Relaxed/sync and an encounter slot for Ferroseed is 53, you would save 5 times) before using Sweet Scent.

To control the Pokémon and nature you get, you have to manipulate the PIDRNG. Make sure you're saved on B1F (there's no moving NPCs there, which makes things a lot easier), put your seed into the main window of RNG Reporter under the Gen 5 PIDRNG method, click Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame, then click Generate. Find the first frame that is either Relaxed or synch-able (bolded nature) that has an encounter slot for Ferroseed (RNG Reporter has a list of encounter slots in the 5th Gen Tools menu), find out how many frames are between where it starts and your target, and save that many times (for instance, if it starts on frame 48 and the first frame with Relaxed/sync and an encounter slot for Ferroseed is 53, you would save 5 times) before using Sweet Scent.
Thank you very much, voodoo pimp. It seems where I was going wrong was not running the seed in the main program, just taking the time from the Time Finder and using that exclusively, which did not yield a synchronizable nature until a few saves.

Now, on to breeding. :D

Hey all, im trying to use the newest version of the RNG but i cant seem to find a seed i can use to get a shiny terrakion but i cant seem to find a shiny seed. Im new to doing RNG so any help would be appreciated. What i have is DS lite, pokemon white, MAC address of 001B7AA4A0A1. The seed i found by sweet scent was 6EC8EB342E93CC59.

How can i find a shiny seed from this? (Preferably with maxed IV 31 all but sp.atk)

Hey all, im trying to use the newest version of the RNG but i cant seem to find a seed i can use to get a shiny terrakion but i cant seem to find a shiny seed. Im new to doing RNG so any help would be appreciated. What i have is DS lite, pokemon white, MAC address of 001B7AA4A0A1. The seed i found by sweet scent was 6EC8EB342E93CC59.

How can i find a shiny seed from this? (Preferably with maxed IV 31 all but sp.atk)
Did you get your parameters (I'm assuming you did since you said you found a seed by sweet scent)? And do you know what your SID is?

Yeah i got all my parameters but i dont know my SID. I think you need a shiny pokémon to find your SID out but as ive never found a shiny before i dont know it. Im guessing it will be hard or close to impossible to do this without first finding a shiny?

Yeah i got all my parameters but i dont know my SID. I think you need a shiny pokémon to find your SID out but as ive never found a shiny before i dont know it. Im guessing it will be hard or close to impossible to do this without first finding a shiny?
If you upload a Pokemon with your OT to pokecheck.org, then it will tell you your SID. If you don't have wifi connection to use pokecheck then the only other ways are using an AR or catching a shiny (Idk how the catching a shiny thing works, though xD). If you don't have an AR you can trade with someone who does have an AR. Give them a Pokemon with your OT/ID and they can find your SID for you.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Actually, catching a shiny Pokémon doesn't help you find your SID in 5th gen. The method you're thinking of involved finding the Pokémon's IVs in order to determine its PID (and then the SID necessary to make it shiny), but since IVs are unrelated to PID in 5th gen it's impossible to figure out without using AR, Pokécheck, or some other external source.

Ok ive finally been able to use pokecheck after a lot of messing around. my SID is 60312 and normal id at 09345

If you need my parameters they are - vCount 60, Timer0 C7E, Gx Stat 6, VFrame 6

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Now that you have all the information you need, finding a good seed is just a matter of patience. Setting your max keypresses to 3 will increase your possible results significantly, so I'd do that if you haven't already. Since there aren't any NPCs in Terrakion's room, you could try increasing the max IV frame, but be aware that walking will also advance the PIDRNG even if you use Repel, so make sure to set your max shiny frame higher (I'd go with 300 for every set of 128 steps) as well.

Ok so ive found a seed i can use. frame 6 (So 128 steps with a party of 5) and shiny frame at 99. What does the shiny frame mean? or does it mean i need to hit frame 99 not 6?

Theres also nature synch that means i need a synchroniser with the nature i want correct?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Correct, you would have to walk 128 steps with a party of 5. Then you would have to use Chatot to advance the PIDRNG to frame 99, but since walking will have already moved your starting frame way past that (each step in an area with wild Pokémon advances 2-3 frames), it's not possible to hit.

And yes, you would need a Synchronizer to get the right nature.

When doing wondercard seeds, RNGReporter shows how many frames there are, like 53, 55, whatnot. However, how many advances does that translate to? And it's the same as standard seeds, right?
(Using latest RNGReporter - 9.95, tried to catch flawless nonshiny event Victini.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)