5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

It does increase the odds but honestly it's not worth it. It's way too hard to tell how off you were if you screw up with an everstone. Increase the number of keypresses you're searching though, or getting parents with better IVs if they aren't close to matching already, should help you a lot more.
Yeah, I noticed that when I used an everstone the first time, was quite annoying. But I think I've got it down enough to be able to do so now. I was lazy and didnt want to get parents with better IVs. ^o^

Thanks sir.

I have a quick question:
In the Entralink, when you catch a poke, does the game make you save after said catch? Or does it give me an option to save or not?
I'm RNGing the DW Arceus.
And also: in the reporter, when searching for seeds for entralink abuse, we select Cgear seed and stationary poke, correct?

I have a quick question:
In the Entralink, when you catch a poke, does the game make you save after said catch? Or does it give me an option to save or not?
I'm RNGing the DW Arceus.
And also: in the reporter, when searching for seeds for entralink abuse, we select Cgear seed and stationary poke, correct?
No, and no.

C-Gear and wild I believe.

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums, but I've been coming to Smogon for quite some time for information about Pokemon and current news on Competitive Teams/Builds, and more recently about RNG'ing. I just recently learned to RNG on my 3DS and I have a question regarding Eon Timer.

I used to Synchronize my 3DS clock with my Windows clock, but it is so unreliable I'll hit my seed on seconds before or after my intended Start Time. That's what brought me to try and use Eon Timer instead, so I can know exactly when I'm starting my game.

I realized when I first started synchronizing my 3DS with my Windows Clock that the 3DS was half a second late after pushing the "OK" button to synchronize the clocks, and if you didn't rapidly press on your touch screen to skip the message, another full second would pass before the clock on the 3DS would start ticking. I accounted for this delay whenever I would RNG a Pokemon, but it really bugs me when I get it wrong and my seed is a second early, or late. So I decided to use Eon Timer to help me out.

My question is, what should my Calibration be set to (for a 3DS) on Eon Timer? Whenever I find a Seed on RNG Reporter, I take the time and subtract 8 seconds to find my Starting Time, but I don't know anything about Eon Timer and whether or not I should calibrate it differently for a 3DS.

Oh, Zari's guide says otherwise. So I assumed it was correct.

EDIT: I'm not sure if it actually matters. I just searched with both conditions and got the exact same seeds.
I just search for seeds with the "wild pokemon" encounter type, but stationary works too!

I put the calibration at -13 and hit my seed. Will that stay true for all my seeds?
Yeah, if you can hit your seed with that calibration it should work for all delays (or you should at least hit a delay close to your target). Btw, you didn't need to manually change the calibration value until you found one that works. You could just attempt to hit your seed, then find out what delay you hit. Then enter it in the box near the bottom on Eon Timer that says "Delay Hit" and then press update and it will change the calibration for you.

can some one help me get my sid from 5th gen
Just upload a Pokemon with your OT to pokecheck.org and it will tell you your SID. c:

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, if you can hit your seed with that calibration it should work for all delays (or you should at least hit a delay close to your target). Btw, you didn't need to manually change the calibration value until you found one that works. You could just attempt to hit your seed, then find out what delay you hit. Then enter it in the box near the bottom on Eon Timer that says "Delay Hit" and then press update and it will change the calibration for you.
He's doing standard abuse if I'm reading it right.
I put the calibration at -13 and hit my seed. Will that stay true for all my seeds?
As long as the result it gives you is equal to your target second minus 8, it should be fine.

What's the best way to find my DS parameters on my DSi? Should I just set EonTimer to a random seconds value (and plug that value into RNG Reporter's "DS Parameter Finder"), put 0 in for the calibration, start the timer at the same instant that I set the DS clock, then load the game when it expires?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
What's the best way to find my DS parameters on my DSi? Should I just set EonTimer to a random seconds value (and plug that value into RNG Reporter's "DS Parameter Finder"), put 0 in for the calibration, start the timer at the same instant that I set the DS clock, then load the game when it expires?
That could work but I just used the stopwatch on my phone to know what time I started. As long as you know that you're good.

There's no need to put 0 for the calibration, but yeah, that method works fine.

You could also just use the 3rd gen. tab for Eon Timer. Set the target frame to 0, and put whatever seconds value you want in the "first timer." The first timer isn't effected by the "lag", so the timer will always be an exact second.

Hey guys I have a question.

I'm trying to RNG a wild capture shiny Litwick. I'm having trouble understanding the on site guide as it the screencaps don't match the current RNG reporter. On site it says "nearby shiny" and it gives a frame number, but in the reporter it currently uses "Shiny Frame". I'm assuming these are the same thing, but this leads to my next problem. I set the max shiny advances to 300, and got some results, so i copypasted into the reporter and generated my initial PID. I'm on GEN 5 PID (is that the right one)? However, there is no shiny !!! on the frame number, so i increased the amount of frames generated and ticked shiny only, and the smallest frame was in the thousands.

What does this all mean? I'm confused that the shiny frame in the time finder doesn't match the one generated by the reporter. Any help is appreciated, maybe there's some other guides I don't know of?

You have wrong ID/SID combo on main window/time finder.
Okay I will double check that. But I'm just wondering shouldn't the shiny frame numbers at least match? Or do I have to input ID/SID into the RNG reporter page? (I will try that right now).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Okay I will double check that. But I'm just wondering shouldn't the shiny frame numbers at least match? Or do I have to input ID/SID into the RNG reporter page? (I will try that right now).
Did you put the ID/SID into both Time Finder and the main window? Alternately, it's possible that you accidentally set the main window to Cute Charm or something like that. In any case, a screenshot of both windows would make it easier for us to see what's going on.

Did you put the ID/SID into both Time Finder and the main window? Alternately, it's possible that you accidentally set the main window to Cute Charm or something like that. In any case, a screenshot of both windows would make it easier for us to see what's going on.
I figured it out now, I just didn't put the ID/SID into the main window *facepalm*, I never saw it in the guide and I never noticed it myself haha :p

Thank you Princess of Johto and voodoo pimp for the help! Yeah I'm doing Standard Abuse for Eggs. I've also done Legends, but I've never done Etralink or C-Gear before. I probably should have specified what I was looking for.

Pretty sure I'm in the right thread this time. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Trying to receive the V-Create Victini. But it keeps having an arbitrary date of 3/4/2013. Therefore my results are in outer space or somewhere else when I try to hit the seed. Not sure where I am going wrong or what I can do to rectify this.

Using RNG Reporter 9.95. Been out of the loop for a while, so it's once again a bit new to me (I can handle 4th gen just fine and am helping a friend with his own 4th gen, 5th gen feels a bit alien to me).

So I line everything up to get into the game at the proper time (measured parameters twice, got my seconds values of 29, Timer0 of C7C or C7D). Do so, receive my gift (Victini). I go to check it's IVs/Nature (Looking for Adamant 31/31/31/Meh/31/31) to see where I am. And I'm... possibly on frame (insert large way out there in the middle of nowhere number here).

Clearly, I swung and missed big time. But I'm not sure where I've gone wrong.

And if this is again, in the wrong thread, I do apologize for any inconvenience and I will move it to the right thread.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
That date is the date you received the Wonder Card. There is no way to change it short of restarting your game and receiving the event again (so if the event is over it's impossible without hacking).

However, it should have no impact whatsoever on your RNGing. What is your target frame, and what frame do you think you're hitting? If it's way off, it's more likely that you just hit the Timer0 you didn't search for, or you got the wrong second, or you're doing something wrong.

That date is the date you received the Wonder Card. There is no way to change it short of restarting your game and receiving the event again (so if the event is over it's impossible without hacking).

However, it should have no impact whatsoever on your RNGing. What is your target frame, and what frame do you think you're hitting? If it's way off, it's more likely that you just hit the Timer0 you didn't search for, or you got the wrong second, or you're doing something wrong.
After some deliberation I deduced my second value was off. EonTimer's default calibration was -95. Bumped it to -62 and I was able to hit it. Got exactly the IVs I wanted. Thank you for your help.

Trying get a Shiny Timid Drought Vulpix with HP Ground. I've done non-shiny flawless eggs before in 5th Gen, but I can't get this. I've tried multiple seeds, and have my parameters set. What am I doing wrong? I don't know how to match up my results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)