1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Flawless non-shiny? Shouldn't be that hard. Add keypresses if you haven't and you should be frequently seeing multiple seeds in a single year, unless you're still using alpha 12 which had issues with fast seed searching.
  2. Exclamation!

Exclamation!

Which one is generally considered easier? RNGing DW pokémon in the Entralink or Hidden Hollow pokémon.
  3. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Hidden Hollow for sure.
  4. voodoo pimp

Entralink is a lot easier in BW2 than BW1, but it's still harder than HH since you still have the C-Gear constantly advancing the PIDRNG.
  5. DrAstro87

DrAstro87

I am trying to do Pandora's Box to get an ID/SID combo for Shiny, DW, Flawless Eggs. I got the Seed (D1FF285FB3EDB704) from the Time Finder and used it on the Main Page with BW Breeding. The Frame I need is 59 (Using an Everstone). Then I place the Seed and Frame on Pandora's Box and got this ID/SID [09024/20043] for a Shiny Starter. The Problem is that when I use that ID/SID in the Main Page, the frame 59 is not Shiny. Hope you can help me.

Pokemon Black (Eng)
    DS MAC 0009BF192386
    DS Original
    VCount 60
    VFRAME 8
    Timer0 C7C
    Keypresses None
    RNG Reporter 9.95 BETA
  6. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Don't waste your time with ID/SID abuse for that. Keep searching more keypresses or months and I promise you you'll be able to find shiny dw eggs for any spread you want.
  7. Mr. Sableye

Mr. Sableye

Is there a way to search for certain PIDs within a range of times/frames/parameters for B/W breeding? I keep hitting odd PIDs and I don't know what I'm off by.
  8. christos21

christos21

I am trying to RNG a shiny bronzong at Abundant Shrine but there are 2 NPCs who ruin it every time.The one runs and the other one just turns side.Can somebody tell me how much will they advance the frame approximately per second ?
  9. DrAstro87

DrAstro87

Got one with 2 Key Press, Thanks!
  10. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

only the one who randomly turns affects the PIDRNG, the kid who's running doesn't. what you do is immediately open up your bag, and sweet scent, then capture whatever you find. then compare the results to the frames, and you'll have found how many frames he advanced it by.
  11. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Right click and export to txt. Use control f in your favorite text editor.

No one knows, trial and error is the best and only way to do it. Usually when I'm fast NPCs do about 2-6 advances for me.
  12. lm925781

lm925781

Everybody I need some help.
    I'm trying to RNG Thundurus with some nice IVs and a shiny sprite just now.
    If the frame is ~40000, how long should I stand in the rain for?
    Sorry but I can't get a smaller frame lol
    Thanks in advance.

PS the seed is in Oct, that would be summer in the game.
  13. Loukas

Loukas

Have you tried searching using more keypresses aswell as more months? That's awfully high even for a roamer!
  14. Eeveelover824

Eeveelover824

that is a very high frame maybe you should set your frame lower that is extremely high and stay in summer seeds cuaz its easier i heard...i never rnged my tournadus cuaz i already catched it when i learned how to rng but i know someone that rnged him and told me all this...try searching key presses all of them...the search may take longer but it will be worth it...
  15. coolbiz

coolbiz

Also to pull this off you would probably have to use some sort of external device to see what frame your own.
  16. lm925781

lm925781

Searched for Summers in 2012. Those with key presses have more awful shiny frames :(

Thanks for your advice. Trying for 2011's Summer right now.

Just in case I've to hit a PID Frame ~40000, how can I do that?
    I've heard of some cases utilizing the rain, i.e. do not mash up the A button and let the roamer stand in front of you for say 2 mins. Is that true?
    Also I'd like to know the rate of advancement in that event if this could be a possible way, thanks.
  17. coolbiz

coolbiz

Read my above post for you question about how to hit a extremely high frame.
  18. lm925781

lm925781

You mean the post just above mine?
    Then maybe you're right I should forget that 40000 shit coz I'm a just bit picky about the Attack IV(which I'd like to be 2, HP Ice 70 with lowest possible Attack IV so that minimizes confusion recoil lol)

PS: So is ~6000 ever hittable? This is the lowest I got up till now.
  19. Kodesmi

Kodesmi

I’ve only bred one flawless shiny and I’m already stuck...

Currently I’m trying to breed a flawless, shiny, Quiet Solosis with 9.95 beta, but I'm having trouble calculating my shifted starting frame. Whenever I hatch an egg after hitting the seed generated by the Time Finder, it never matches any of the results displayed in the main part of the Reporter.

At first I thought my timing was just off, but then I tried multiple different seeds multiple different times, and I failed to find a match for any of them. Does anybody know what might be causing this problem, or is my timing actually the issue here?

As far as I know, I’m not doing anything differently from the last time I bred a shiny, so I'd appreciate some help! Thanks in advance.
  20. voodoo pimp

Most likely it's one of two possibilities:
    1) You're getting Timer0 trolled really bad. Try using the Adjacent Seed tool to check other Timer0s and see if any of them match what you got.
    2) You checked something incorrectly in one of the windows - Ditto Parent, Everstone, etc.
  21. Loukas

Loukas

Again it is very high! You must check which frame you actually start and calculate how many advancements you should do.But again it would be easier if you found a spread of your liking with a lower frame and abuse your ID/SID combo than trying hitting that sky high frame.
  22. Kodesmi

Kodesmi

Okay... I set the timer0 min to C7A and the max to C7F on the adjacent seed tool, but was unable to find a match for that specific seed. Guess I should check some of the other seeds I tried as well?

I’m sure I entered everything correctly—I double-checked the parent IVs, made sure the Ditto parent option was unselected, made sure the Everstone option was selected in both windows, etc.
  23. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

For those of you who have RNG'd Entralink Pokémon in B/W for IVs and nature, how difficult/frustrating/time-consuming was it? It seems similar to WonderCards in 4th gen (which gave me fits and took me weeks for certain Pokémon), but a bit easier since you are not completely winging the nature every time.

Also, what guide did you follow?
  24. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

This guide. You CAN control the nature.

Edit: Hipsters can use this guide.

Mod Edit: Very cute Hozu. <3 Jedi.
  25. Kryzite

Kryzite

So I want to go about RNGing the gamestop Keldeo thats being given away this week and I have a few questions.

For finding seeds, do I use the Wondercard method or the GLAN Wondercard method under capture?

Also, the Shiny option is greyed out, does that mean that I cannot get it shiny?

Thanks in advance.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)